Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 23, 2010 12:51:16 PM PST
Mona says:
has anyone had a problem with the game completely freezing up in the middle of drawing? 3 times now my daughter has been drawing a picture and the screen and controls completely froze up. The only was to unfreeze the screen was to unplug the wii. We exchanged it for a new box and are having the same problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2010 1:23:47 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 24, 2010 10:34:27 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 24, 2010 10:40:19 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 27, 2010 4:02:42 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2010 1:20:26 PM PST
MJK says:
I found this same off-base answer posted on another website -- it's unlikely to be the right answer to the specific uDraw Studio freezing problem. My daughter is having the exact same freezing problem (repeatedly) when playing uDraw Studio. We do not have a freezing problem on any of our dozens of other games.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2010 3:09:03 PM PST
Major TZ says:
I had the same problem with the freezing and I called Nintendo becuase THQ said that they had not received any complaints regarding freezing. I purchased the lens cleaning kit and it has been 2 1/2 weeks without freezing. This was Nintendo's suggestion and it worked for me. Some games are dual layered and are more likely to freeze with a any amount of dust in the lens as opposed to many games (which are single layered) where the gaming system can operate with some dust or even smudges on the actual lens or CD. The Udraw is continually reading the disc and going back and forth when you delete your drawings. Your Wii lens must be perfectly clean for it to work properly.

The Wii has the same problem with Super Smash Brothers and Nintendo actually had consumers send some of the older model Wii's in for Lens Cleaning for the game to work properly. These Wii's worked with all other games except Smash Brothers.

I hope this helps. It solved my problem and I hope it solves yours. Best of Luck!!

MJRTZ.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2010 3:24:44 PM PST
J. Fender says:
1) Your lens (inside the Wii) is probably dirty. Buy a Wii Lens Cleaner for $10 (must be for Wii) and clean your lens.

2) Make sure that your Wii vents are unobstructed by a wall or dust, debris.

3) Make sure that the disc is free of smudges.

This should solve it.

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 4:02:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2010 4:03:04 PM PST
Major TZ says:
Well... I can't believe this. After cleaning the lens I thought the problem was solved but my daughter had failed to tell me that it was still freezing and she would just disconnect it and start again. Dissapointing. I am returning it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2010 2:01:23 AM PST
I had the same problem. Email responses to customer support were of no help. I finally took time to read the on screen "Tutorials". Just as I suspected there is a time limit for painting. It is measured be a thin vertical blue line on the media screen that turns white as your time runs out.
This usually occurs after about one hour. Keep checking it and before it runs out, you can go to the "Options" screen and click on the camera icon to save your creation to the memory card. You can then go to the "Gallery" selection and click on your saved image. You are then given the chance to edit or finish your painting. This totally solved the problem for me of the screen freezing when it timed out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2010 6:48:23 AM PST
Major TZ says:
Thank you Susan. This seems to have solved my issue.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 12:14:54 PM PST
It's December 2011, and we had the same thing happen this morning with our brand new uDraw, and my daughter was so upset thinking she had broken her uDraw already. Thankfully I was able to come to Amazon.com and look to see it's not just us. We'll take the advice offered here and see if it helps, or we'll just take it back. You'd think that THQ would have cleared this issue up by now! However, I will tell you, we bought KungFu Panda 2 for uDraw and after hours of play between two kids on Christmas, there were no issues.. so it seems to be just the studio that has major issues.

Kung Fu Panda 2 uDraw for uDraw GameTablet - Nintendo Wii
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Dec 23, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
uDraw GameTablet with uDraw Studio - Nintendo Wii
uDraw GameTablet with uDraw Studio - Nintendo Wii by THQ (Nintendo Wii)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (206)