Yamaha MCR-040BR Micro Component System (Brown) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Used & New from: $191.12
functions of the mcr-0400R micro system I'm seriously considering one of these. But no one has been able to answer my questions: 1. Does the remote function with the CD player, volume, bass and treble, tuner, etc., or only on the ipod? What is the wireless system that costs $100. additional do? Any serious complaints other than the dark clock. Thank y'all. Bill McNelis
asked by William J. Mcnelis on October 7, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
Yes. I do not own an Ipod. I use the unit for CD's and FM and control both with the remote. I did find that the bass response was skewed towards elctronic music (I play opera and classical) but setting the bass to a -6 solved that.
D. Culp answered on January 15, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Setting the bass to -6 also worked for me; I listen to jazz and bluegrass, and in both genre's, the bass response is critical. Got mine in orange; a big change for my conservatism in color, but I really like it. A system very comparable to the BOSE; and at half the price.
William J. Mcnelis answered on January 15, 2011

A
L Williams. I'm researching this as well as their micro 330 system. Go to Yamaha's website and you can register and download any of their manuals in pdf format. They give what appears to be comprehensive information on how each feature works and how/what functions are available with the remote. Re:the 140, I didn't look at that much, but I know one of the differences is it allows connectivity of a wireless subwoofer - apparently with some kind of adapter and I think there was something different about the iPod (Y-Air?? Something like that, but don't know more details). Anyway, I've been registered at Yamaha for a few years and they do not spam you. A couple of messages a year about new products - it's how I found out about this.
Mike H answered on March 10, 2011

A
I have looking to possibly buy one of these, because I've heard that the sound quality is soo great. I would like to know if the remote controls the ipod? As in can you switch menus or does it just fast foward, pause,etc. I am also trying to figure out what makes using the ipod as a remote so great? What is the purpose? Does it control the CD player and fm too? I'm really interested because there is a big price difference in the mcr-040 and 140.
L. Williams answered on January 27, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm having an issue with mine turning off when I'm using my Ipod/Iphone on it. The stereo will just turn off randomly. I've already checked the sleep setting, it's not that. Anyone else had this problem?
I've also realized you cannot listen to AM radio on this stereo!
Madelaine Kleid answered on March 6, 2011

A
The unit lacks an HDMI port. I'd like to use it in the living room as a single system for both music and a TV sound bar. Anyone know how or if, one could hook up a HD TV to this?
ALSO.... I saw another post stating that the unit wouldn't recognize a Sansa Fuse, which I also have. Anyone else have this problem? How about an Android phone? i have a Galaxy S2 with an MP3 that i would like to be able to hook up.
ALSO:..... anyone think that this unit would benifit from the wireless woofer?
Thanks for your help
Jonathan
Jonathan D. Newcomb answered on December 25, 2011

A
Hook up HD TV: HDMI to mini-jack adapter or Toslink to mini-jack.
GC answered on October 21, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›