5.0 out of 5 stars use with gcloth for a much cleaner faster diaper change
To ecofriendly parents who don't want to pollute the earth with plastic baby diapers:
This is the reason we use gdiapers; and I will admit, they are not as easy and absorbent as pampers, or other plastic diapers on the market that take centuries to decompose; yet they do work well and our family highly recommends them.
Here is what we do: we use about 8...
Published on May 23, 2011 by harpersmom

3.0 out of 5 stars Like the liners, but upset with the seller
Published on January 5, 2012 by Fiona

5.0 out of 5 stars use with gcloth for a much cleaner faster diaper change, May 23, 2011
Here is what we do: we use about 8 outters, 12 plastic liners, we buy the disposable paper liners by the case (each one is about $0.30 a pop, comparable to plastic diapers), and we have 8 gcloths, and NOW WE ALSO USE GCLOTH LINERS TO MAKE THE DIAPER CHANGES FASTER AND CLEANER.
We use the disposable (paper, can be flushed) liner just at night, at daycare, or when we are not at home; otherwise we use the washable gcloth throughout the day. This used to be a messy affair when the wee one pooped, yet not we just put a gcloth liner on top, and peel and flush it during a change. It has a water permeable layer, yet keeps all the poo off of the washable cloth liner. Sometimes, a little poo gets on the edge of the cloth, but usually only the pee gets through. At about $0.08 a pop, this is well worth it. Once the wee one has pooed, we don't need to use the liners for a few changes, so we only end up using 2-3 per day. This saves us from scraping the poo off the cloth liner into the toilet (a nasty affair), it also saves $$$.
I like the fact that you can reuse the outter and plastic liner after a pee (and sometimes poo) without having to wash it (only having to wash the cloth inner liner). Fuzzy buns and other "pocket liner" systems require the entire diaper to be washed after each pee or poo episode. The diapers end up not lasting as long. Also, after many many washed, if the velcro gets fuzzies in it and no longer sticks, gdiapers will send you new velcro tabs for free. Nice.
I highly recommend this system to everyone... save $ (in the long run) and the earth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Critical Component of G-Diapers System, August 24, 2011
William Gilmyers (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
My wife and I have been very pleased with the G-Diapers system for our first child. It's nice not having to constantly buy and (dispose of) dozens of diapers every week.

We've found these liners are really a key element to the system that are not really explained well by the G-Diapers people themselves. The problem is that they use the term "liner" for a couple of things- the snap in liners that go into the G-Pants (and hold the diaper inserts), as well as these liners which sit on top of the diaper inserts.

As for these liners they are great. They basically allow you to lift solid waste and just drop them in the toilet. This presents you from having to rinse the reusable inserts (which would otherwise have the solids, um, applied, directly by baby) before throwing in the laundry. Probably goes without saying (but I will), you won't need these if you'll be using the disposable diaper inserts, as these can already go straight into the toilet.

Only one other comment, the material for these liners seems very rough and scratchy, not what you'd expect to put against a baby's bum. That said, our daughter doesn't seem to mind a bit and the material they are made of is very sturdy which is key for something you'll be using to carry poop.

3.0 out of 5 stars Like the liners, but upset with the seller, January 5, 2012
This review is from: gDiapers Cloth Diaper Liners (Pack of 12) (Health and Beauty)
These liners work pretty well. My son is eight months old and his BMs are usually pretty runny still, so some of the poop usually gets on the sides of my cloth inserts as well as the g-pouches and I do end up spraying. However, for solid BMs, these liners are perfect. You can just pick it up and drop it right in the toilet. I feel they are a bit pricey, as I've used up a whole box in a month. However, my baby poos a couple of times a day and I'm not very good yet at predicting when he will poo, so I use a liner just about every time I diaper him. If your baby is regular and you know when he/she will poo, you could just use a liner during that particular time of day and save a bundle!

Beware of this seller and this particular listing that says "pack of 12." I saw an awesome price drop a few weeks back and bought what I thought would be 24 boxes, but they only sent me 2! When I sent them the confirmation email along with screen shots showing that I had purchased 2 cases of 24, they simply replied that the listing was incorrect and that this product doesn't come in a case of 24. Yet here it is, still on Amazon. I think it was just a cop-out for them not to have to give me all those liners for nearly free. They did refund my money, so at least I got 2 boxes for free. Should have ordered 10 more. ;)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for cleaning BM with cloth... BUT leaves a linty mess on your baby's bum, September 21, 2012
These are great at cleaning poop from cloth diapers. Most of the time there is not a trace on the cloth itself; I simply pull off the cloth liner and flush it, poop and all.

HOWEVER, I must agree with other reviewers in that these leave a questionable amount of lint on your baby's behind. Enough that it is a pain to clean off. It's maybe a step up from leaving a lining of toilet paper there.

If they could fix these so they would not leave itsy bitsy scraps of paper I would buy them again.

In the meantime, I am going with my cousin's suggestion of using cut up old shirts and fabric scraps. She will clean off the poop if it's easy and then wash/reuse them. If it's a big mess she just dumps the poop and throws away the scrap.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the BEST liners I have tried, hands down!, May 25, 2011
I bought some of these (on another site) to try, and these are by far the best best BEST liners I have EVER used. They really do catch the 'mess' and even soak up the pee really well! I used the first one on a Tots Bots diaper, and the diaper was wet, but free and clear from any possible stain mess. You can just lift the liner and dump it in the toilet with the waste, and flush! I plan on buying these in bulk on Amazon as soon as these run out! Now...only if they offered these with subscribe and save. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars scratchy, November 15, 2012
I was excited to use these with our cloth inserts but they are so rough and scratchy I quit using them. The cloth inserts are so soft but these rough liners defeat that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pieces of the liner stick to the bum, May 16, 2012
I was excited to get gdiaper liners since we are gdiaper users! However, after a few uses, I gave up and they sit on my shelf. Each time we use them, pieces of the liner stick to my little ones' bums (yes, we have twins)--they're like lint! Yuck! Poor babies. And they're hard to remove off the bums. Too bad, since we're big gdiaper fans!

1.0 out of 5 stars burned my baby's butt, March 1, 2014
Not only did the liner leave some lint-like pieces stuck on my baby's bottom but after a few uses my baby's bottom became extremely red and he screamed when I wiped his bottom. It was so bad he could not tolerate any pressure on his bottom, not even to sit!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy clean up!, February 1, 2013
The gDiaper Cloth Diaper Liners are fantastic! They make cleaning up much easier. You can clean up most of the poo that stays on baby with the liner, and then put it straight in the toilet. I have never had a liner rip or break while cleaning up my daughter, yet they do not feel like they are so think they will clog the toilet!

I have been very happy with gDiapers in general! The liners are an added bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves you money regardless!, February 28, 2012
Liner for easy solid waste disposal, what a genius idea!

Looking around for diaper alternatives gave me a headache. Gdiaper system has everything you need and all at a decent price (i did the math, it adds up the same as the 6k diapers you'd go through with regular trash diapers) so you dont have to shop around different brands for the items to make a system work.

These flush-able/compost friendly (<---might wanna double check that part though as i dont have a garden to compost them in) liners go on top of the washable gdiaper inserts to keep solid waste off the liners and save you the hassle of hand washing poop off in the toilet before being able to machine wash the inserts. They are super cheap when bought in a bundle like this.

I havent used them yet!!!!
But im a really big research, quality control type gal so i took apart my new gdiaper system and put it together as learning experience Before baby gets here. So far the liners seem very large as they are suppose to be made one size fits all for the diapers sizes (ranging from xs preemie size to the large 35lb babies) so you dont have to worry about sizing the liners for the diaper size you currently use.

I took pictures of the liner as well as size comparison to a small diaper size and it looks rather long but perfect width. My thought is to experiment cutting them a little on the end or simply leaving it long to either come out the diaper a little (which would guarantee less spillage in the front or back as small babies do tend to lay down more often than be held sitting up and runny poo can move with a squirmy baby) or fold the ends over each side of your washable insert before putting in the snap in liner pouch (only negative i see to this is having to take the insert out of snap in liner before you can remove the disposable liner).

The material seems very sturdy, i did a stress test of pulling/yanking on them (none to softly i might add) and they didnt stretch out or get thin spots the way i expected this thin looking material would. I stand secure that even a squirmy baby would have trouble tearing this material in the diaper system, so in my eyes its a purchase well worth it!

Give it a try, what do you have to lose besides less poo on your diapers and in your trash? (<--- that comment meant towards parents who have traditional disposable or gdiaper disposable inserts, since it saves the diaper if the baby only poos you dont have to toss the whole thing just the liner!)

**Important to note that certain toilets and old pipe systems might get clogged with the flushing of these liners if not allowed to dissolve before flushing**

gDiapers Cloth Diaper Liners (Pack of 12)
Used & New from: $119.95