Not the best game ever but the most enjoyable game ever.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 21, 2013 10:09:13 PM PDT
Even though rockstar copied a few minor elements from other games and movies like being killed by a mountain lion just like in Red Dead Redemption and the armored truck heist like in the movie HEAT where they ram an armored truck with a tow truck then the armored truck falls on it's side and slides 15 feet precisely just like in the movie HEAT. Also when Michael yanks the house balcony out from the side of the cliff with his car then the house comes crashing down like in the movie lethal weapon 2. And also the world is not three times as big as everyone estimated more like 2 times if that. One thing I do like is the ocean waves when you are on an island the water animation looks so darn real it's amazing. As for looking like the real Los Angeles It's not even close. Although this game is so radically advanced compared to the previous GTA games like golfing or playing tennis which is totally awesome but some might think that this game went a bit over board with the N, word being said by Franklin and his partner which seems like they constantly repeat it every 40 seconds or the crazy and wacky performance by Trevor or the sexual over tones of two dogs mating as well with the characters in GTA 5. But I must say that I am deeply impressed by the mission where the crew heist a jewelry store and makes a getaway through the tunnels of the Los Santos water ways. Just awesome stuff you can't get much better then that. I am still free roaming between missions because of the fact that this game is so amazing that you have to take a break every now and then just to enjoy the splendor of the games scenery. For example when standing on the tallest building and looking down on the city at night and viewing the lights is totally amazing and could very well possibly be the best constructed city in video game history. Also GTA 5 Is nothing that rockstar has not already done before but just on a larger scale. Along with a few extra goodies added like sharks, blimps, and under water exploration. Personally I have been waiting for this game to be released for a whole year and after finally playing it I have come to the conclusion that the difference between waiting a whole year and imagining all the wonders of this game and then finally actually playing it. My final analysis is some people might think that the concept of this game is much more pleasing then the actual game play itself. Also .... I'd like to make a small clarification of discrepancy involving the statement I made earlier regarding the mountain lion comment. Even though there are mountain lion attacks in this game rockstar has a legitimate right to this claim seeing how rockstar introduced it into the game play of Red Dead Redemption anyways GTA 5 is a 5 star + game all the way. .... P.S. I did not like the mission with the ( ? ) label when Michael meets this man in the city that offers him some marijuana then after he smokes it Michael starts tripping out and starts shooting Aliens with his mini gun. Obviously it was laced with L.S.D. It goes to show you that you can't trust anybody ... lol ... My final note. I love spawning a buzzard helicopter and seeking out the atomic blimp then blasting it with a missile. The way it explodes and burns as it falls to the ground it's just way to awesome. It reminds me of the Hindenburg ... lol

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 4:44:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2013 4:59:29 AM PDT
By the way. The controversial scene where the kidnaped guy is being brutally tortured by Trevor I can do without. Taking a big monkey wrench and cracking the guys knee cap or taking jumping car cable clamps and attaching it to the guys nipples and electrocuting him or pulling the guys tooth out with a pair of pliers is not my idea of video gaming entertainment. Let's leave the torture scenes to movies like ... TAKEN ... Shall we ?

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 5:21:20 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 27, 2013 5:21:27 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 10:09:06 AM PDT
LTdaz says:
What's worse is the fact that the guy probably didn't know anything.

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 2:16:48 AM PDT
solaris says:
Paragraphs. Break up your wall of text which makes one not even want to read it.

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 3:46:39 PM PDT
PandA says:
And this is almost the same thing you typed in another thread. Stop responding to yourself, too. Thanks. It is confusing.

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 12:09:47 PM PDT
Ashern says:
There's a difference between "copying" something and just adding a feature used by, like you said, another game created by the same company.

The map actually is as big as they say. It seems like some people underestimate how big the entire game is. Try riding a Golf Caddy around and across the entire map, and then take note how long it takes you to travel.

This is classic GTA, they over-exaggerate some things to cruel extremes, it's just how the game has always been.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 21, 2013
Latest post:  Oct 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto V - Playstation 3
Grand Theft Auto V - Playstation 3 by Rockstar Games (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (3,178)