Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Cecile McLorin Salvant $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum

Is this game to be more open than FFXIII?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 13, 2012 8:56:17 AM PST
Railian says:
Let me start off by saying- I liked FF13. It was a fun game, where I cared about the characters involved. Though it was basically a tunnel on the map, the beautiful surrounding environment did a lot to eliminate that feeling. Additionally, at the "end" of the game, post final boss, when you can run around on the world below, it feels more like a classic Final Fantasy.
I know that the most vocal complaint about FF13 was the lack of available exploration. I was curious if Square-Enix had heard the fans cries, and made this game with a little more open areas?

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 9:13:04 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Yes, it will be much more open. Download the demo. Its 1-2 hours of gameplay shows off more variety than XIII ever had.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 9:46:11 AM PST
Railian says:
Theres a demo!? I am full of excitement. Thanks for the info.

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 6:41:50 AM PST
As a father and long time gamer, I actually LIKED the linear game play in XIII, once I made it to the more "open" environment (which almost felt a little bit like Infinite Undiscovery & FF XI)... I haven't played it as much. But I loved the battle system. But only having 2 main characters (fighting) the whole game probably helped with memory compression too I bet instead of juggling 4+ characters and all their "magic trees" (forgot what it's called).

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 1:16:59 AM PST
Bacon says:
Yes and no on the open areas. Yes a lot of areas are open, but they also feel very linear at the same time. Sure there are multiple paths, but they usually always lead to the same spot each time. There are a couple of zones that are open for some good exploration though.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jan 13, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Final Fantasy XIII-2 by Square Enix (Xbox 360)
4.2 out of 5 stars (179)