Can this be used to play games on emulators or use programs like daemon tools?
asked by WG on May 14, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
The Chromebook is primarily a cloud access tool and works well with the available APPs (including games) in addition to access to the Google Drive for storage or working documents. In terms of downloading content to the computer, that is not the main focus.
John OLaughlin answered on May 14, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I know you can play games because my granddaughter was playing skyrim on it,I don't play any games
I really just use it for looking up my mail and looking up facebook and things like that,I wish I was more help.
hazel answered on May 14, 2013

A
No, unless there are emulators available for the ChromeOS.
Aeyoqen answered on May 14, 2013

A
Only applications available in the Chrome app store can be used on this machine. In this way it is more like a tablet than a PC. The machine can be placed in Developer mode. When this is done there are some out there that have configured it to dual boot both Chrome OS and Umbutu. In Unbutu there are emulators available. As for how to set up the dual boot this I have not done myself. I have a main machine I just remote into when I want to rune a program not available in Chrome.
tkruger answered on May 14, 2013

A
browser-based games only; emulators are not available. it isn't an Android device like a smartphone (it's a locked-down linux variant), so apps (like daemon tools) won't work.
Ralph Eisley answered on May 14, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›