Showing 1-25 of 62 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 8, 2010 6:43:53 AM PDT
Why isnt gears of war 3 on the ps3.

Posted on Oct 8, 2010 8:39:00 AM PDT
because it isnt

Posted on Oct 8, 2010 8:54:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 8, 2010 8:54:39 AM PDT
Eduardo says:
because its a xbox 360 exclusive why isnt uncharted on the xbox 360 why isnt ratchet and clank on the xbox 360

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2010 7:07:23 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 26, 2010 11:42:12 PM PDT
B. Hawthorne says:
gears of war is published by microsoft

Posted on Nov 8, 2010 5:21:58 PM PST
S. Redmond says:
because ps3 sucks
also its an exclusive, which has made microsoft insanely richer.
why would they give the rights to the game away to sony lol.

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 10:36:20 AM PST
J. Chatelain says:
Hurr durr why isn't Mario on teh Tuerbo Grafiks

Posted on Nov 16, 2010 2:42:39 PM PST
You remind me of the idiot who asked if Halo: Reach was going to be on PS3.

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 8:47:35 AM PST
Kyle says:
Wow... seriously? This is gonna start a console war again... cmon guys please be practical :/

Posted on Nov 19, 2010 2:52:08 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 20, 2010 2:46:40 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2010 1:36:50 PM PST
CY says:
XBOX/Microsoft is very smart not to open the franchise yet. They'll get 3 out of the way, maximize sales on it in the XBOX realm, then open it up.

But exclusive games are important to Console manufacturers as it gives us a reason to buy the machine in the first place. They sell XBOX machines first (as well as the attendant online services), then games second.

I bought my XBOX 360 because of GOW and when I get a PS3 it'll be because of God of War III.

Exclusivity is paramount to profit.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2010 1:54:12 PM PST
J. Chatelain says:
You make a good point. If all games were multiplatform, which unfortunately is becoming possible thanks to Kinect and Move, there would be no strong reason to buy either console. The only differences would be aesthetic and price-based. This would bring console prices to a low never before seen (no monopolies= low prices), but would drive out of business all but shovelware companies, due to good companies' inability to compete price-wise.

TL;DR: Exclusivity is good for everyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2010 11:35:18 AM PST
CY says:
That's true JC,

I reckon though that like mobile devices are being ruled by software, the same will happen with consoles. It really is about the games themselves and soon console makers might have to invest in developing really amazing titles rather than placing most of their hope in the machines.

Stil the other real ace in the hole is online multiplayer experience and the distinct portals one must access like XBOX Live.

In the end, you said it - exclusivity is good for everyone!

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 9:16:14 AM PST
E. Champion says:
I love my xbox but I had to buy a PS3 for God of War III... I like having both consoles, there's things I like/dislike about each of them.
I just want this game to COME OUT SOON! :(

Posted on Dec 18, 2010 1:26:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2010 1:30:52 AM PST
Can't see why anyone would hate on either console I love the exclusive agreements it means I get to own both... XBOX 360 for all my friends on XBL, Gears, Halo, COD most multiplat games I purchase for XBOX 360 That is where the majority of my friends are plus multiplats look so much better on the XBOX 360. I don't care if you don't agree but they do... The publishers don't want to invest in more developers, more time, more money into a title it would require to tap into actually using all the power the PS3 inside of it so they get it to be somewhat close to xbox 360 graphics but fail. It is easier to develop for XBOX 360 then port to PS 3 with some tweaks.

I use PS 3 for mainly Single Player titles & exclusives like Heavy Rain, Resistance, Killzone, God of War 3, GT 5. These exclusive not only look awesome they are awesome to play. The PS 3 exclusives utilize the PS 3 ability of cells to produce other functions thus requiring the processor from doing a lot of stuff like color & graphic processes. Besides all that the PS 3 is the best damn blu ray player to get it because it does everything.

So in closing no need to hate just enjoy the games that both these modern marvels are able to produce!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2010 12:21:12 AM PST
Alec Foy says:
i own both too. that is the way to GO! i agree about the multiplatform games too, almost 100% of the time i buy them on xbox just cause live.

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 2:51:30 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 27, 2010 2:55:30 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 1, 2011 12:45:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 23, 2011 7:23:20 PM PST
Just to chime in here, I also own both, and agree*- multiplats *do* look better on the 360, but more importantly, I find Xbox Live to be a superior service, both interface-wise and when it comes to speed & reliability of connections. The XMB, and by association, PSN, just "feel" very isolated to me- there's no immediate sense of community, the way there is with XBL. Between all the above, I just feel that XBL's pricetag vs. PSN's (initial) free status (no longer the case, really, with PSN+) is a case where you get what you pay for- and I certainly wouldn't pay for PSN, "Plus" or otherwise.

That said, I enjoy each console for its own highpoints- I bought my PS3 for God of War 3 and the God of War Collection, and thoroughly enjoyed both, as well as Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, and Heavy Rain, as well as gems like fl0w, Flower, Fat Princess, and some of the PixelJunk games. I just own a lot more games for the 360 than for the PS3 (somewhere on the order of around 200, combined retail and Arcade, vs. 30 or so combined retail and downloadable).

* Edit: I also meant I agreed on not hating on either console, I just forgot to mention that part. It's almost 4 am on New Year's day, and it's been a... chemical... evening, so you'll have to forgive me. Heh.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2011 10:08:08 AM PST
tell me about it . that why i have both systems .

Posted on Feb 1, 2011 11:13:44 PM PST
GEARS OF WAR 3 on PlayStation3 is total BEE ESS that's like saying KILLZONE 3 will be on the Nintendo Wii

Posted on Feb 23, 2011 5:57:25 PM PST
ChomskyKnows says:
why isnt peanut butter on my jellyzzzzz? oh...it is?...yum.

Posted on Feb 23, 2011 6:04:49 PM PST
Gift Card says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 23, 2011 6:54:55 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2011 10:17:06 AM PST
JARR1203 says:
wrong gears is owned by microsoft its going to stay exclusive.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2011 1:28:53 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 3, 2011 7:43:54 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x9b311108)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gears of War 3 forum
Participants:  49
Total posts:  62
Initial post:  Oct 8, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Gears of War 3
Gears of War 3 by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (831)