Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
How do you keep dirt and lint from getting on the lens when there is no lens cover and the camera is in your pocket?
asked by W. Giles on November 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
There is a lens cover when the camera is turned off.
Jimmy answered on November 26, 2012
Comment (1) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
when the camera is turned off the lens retracts and a cover mechanism closes over the lens. it's great pocket camera. it's always good to check for lint on any camera lens as none are completely lint-proof.
clif answered on November 26, 2012
Comments (3) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
1.camera does't belong in pocket. 2.keep it in a lint free small camera case. 3. be responsible, take care of your equipment, its expensive.
wayne w zychal answered on November 26, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The lens is covered when you turn the camera off, and opens when you turn it on.
Greg Mueller answered on November 27, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
yeah, i do carry mine in my pocket and the lens is closed. it wouldn't fit in my pocket otherwise. lens closed, dirt and lint can't get in. if i'm on the beach or somewhere that it may get dirty, it's in a plastic bag in my pocket.
Julie K answered on November 29, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Point and Shoot cameras close their lens automatically every time they are turned off, in which case the lens will not get dirty. Why would you carry the camera in your pocket without turning it off? These cameras generally turn themselves off, closing the lens, after only a few minutes.
Ocean answered on November 26, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i keep camera in the case logic case in my pocket 90% of the time. the rest of the time, it sits in my pocket and I haven't had a dust problem-- lens has retracted and it is covered anyway.
stephen w. wessels answered on November 26, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The lens retracts when you turn it off. And then auto cover protects the lens.
Sterling Archer answered on November 26, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Buy a case.
JScott answered on November 26, 2012

A
I bought the "roocase" that was recommended and use it to carry the camera......also fits in my pocket just fine. The lens close when the camera is off.
Sarah answered on November 26, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product