5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it--you won't be sorry
Published on July 24, 2008 by JujubeMBA

Published on May 18, 2009 by Pattie Lou

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit GHD MK4 Professional Advanced Ceramic Heat Styler , 1", May 18, 2009
This review is from: ghd Professional Advanced Ceramic Heat-Styler, 1" (Health and Beauty)
I found out after I received this GHD Ceramic Heat styler that it is counterfeit. I called GHD, and they told me what to look for in order to tell whether it was a counterfeit. This one is definitely counterfeit since the plug is a simple two-prong one. The genuine GHD has a reset/test switch on the plug that looks like the one that is on a hairdryer. They also told me that there should be no hologram on the label on the cord. This one did have a hologram on the cord label.I needed it for a trip, so I was very disappointed. The GHD Ceramic heat styler that I bought was shipped from Amazon, but was sold by EBeautyElectronics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it--you won't be sorry, July 24, 2008
I was really worried about spending so much on an iron. I mean come on, how could it be worth that kind of money? But it IS. It works great, gives me salon-pretty hair, and is easy to use. I had a CHI Turbo before and thought it was good, but this blows it away. My hair looks naturally beautiful rather than made up and the effect lasts for days. I flat iron my hair once a week, either flat or curled, and it stays nice until I wash it. LOVE IT. If it broke I would not hesitate to buy another.

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE: Amazon.com is NOT an approved US retailer!!!, August 5, 2009
After a week of nail-biting anticipation, my ghd IV styler arrived ahead of schedule today to my complete delight. I tore it out of the box only to be deflated when I realized that it was a 2 prong outlet with no hologram on either the inside of the unit or on the power cord. After all the time I spent researching online and thinking that Amazon.com was an approved retailer, I was duped and wanted to throttle Amazon for selling counterfeits. I did NOT buy through the marketplace, but from Amazon directly, since I thought it would surely be selling the real thing. WRONG! I called up the ghd North America hotline and spoke with a representative, who confirmed that mine was a fake and Amazon.com is not authorized in the US. I had seen Amazon on an approved list of stockists on the ghd UK website, which it is....in the UK only(amazon.co.uk). Some reviewers have reported that theirs have been successfully registered by ghd, which is why I think that both real and fake stylers are mixed together in the shipments. Too bad that mine turned out to be one of the fake ones. As a product (however counterfeit it is), I would still rate the iron as a 4 or 5--it does straighten as well as others have reported. Because it is NOT the product I expected to receive and there is no warranty because I can't register it, I give this review an overall 1.

BOTTOM LINE: Buy at your own risk--if you want to take a chance of getting a real one shipped to you, that's your call. Personally, if you don't care whether or not you have a real ghd or not, you can find a cheaper one ($70-80) on other sites---no use paying double for something that's just as fake! I'm returning mine and buying a cheaper iron (not ghd) elsewhere. Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Results, September 9, 2007
I have frizzy, curly hair and this is what it took to tame it. The grocery store $40 straightener I had before made my hair feel like straw and took 30 minutes (going over and over the same area) to work. The $240 I paid for this was totally worth it. My hair doesn't curl back midday and feels silky soft.

I'd recommend buying the styler in a store though. I went to Sephora, and the salespeople gave me all sorts of samples of ghd hair products to try, and tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, May 22, 2008
Amazon offered the lowest price compared to Sephora, [..] and Folica. The shipping was fast and the customer service was awesome. Received the product day after I ordered it. I've tried other brands, including Babyliss which recently died. I found other flatiron styler to pulls my hair or fried it, ending up with lots of split ends. The GHD heats up quickly. One pass is all it takes to straightened my locks. I find the GHD easier to use than most. It feels very ergonomic in my hand. I have thick course hair. I was able to straightened my hair in 5 minutes instead of the usual 20 minutes. With 3 kids, time is priceless. Love it! I have no regrets. I recommend this product through Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars ghd MK4, February 13, 2008
I was unsure if I wanted to spend that amount of money on a hair styler but I read the reviews and everyone was so pleased with it so I decided to give it a shot. When I was comparing stylers, I especially wanted one that would not only straighten but curl as well. I got my wish! This thing is wonderful! I would most definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a quality styler/straightener. Worth the investment! If I should ever need to replace mine in the years to come I will only get a ghd!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST THING SINCE "SLICED BREAD", October 27, 2007
My wife, who is not the easiest person in the world to please, RAVES about this hair thing. It MUST be good.

3.0 out of 5 stars GHD, February 9, 2010
Okay, so I ordered a GHD from amazon itself. I got the product today and registered it with no problem. I called GHD but they could not confirm it's authenticity. They told me that there were fakes that were still being registered through their website, but amazon GHDs are not part of their 2 year warranty. Well, I was not sure of it so I returned it. There were a couple of things that were off in my opinion. First of all, the product was not sealed. Red Flag. Second, it did not come with a product manual, just 2 little one paged books. Lastly, in the one of the books (was not the manual since I didn't get it) it said manufactured in China, which I have read that GHDs are not manufactured in China. I tried it on my hair and was not convinced it was the real GHD, although it looked like it. So ultimately, I sent it back today and am considering my purchase from another website later.

Oh, I forgot to add something: mine didn't come with a Cd like they are supposed to either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never had hair more silky and smooth, May 10, 2008
This is the best flat iron I have ever used! I was skeptical at first and was hesitant to fork over the money, but it is worth it. It doesn't snag or pull at my hair like some other irons I have used. There is no temperature control, but I think it works fine the way it is. It heats up and is ready to go in 10-15 seconds and stays hot no matter how thick my sections are. I've gotten compliments on how shiny my hair is since I've started using the ghd, and I haven't changed what styling products I use. The long, flexible cord and swivel where it attaches to the iron makes it easy to use. If I don't have time to go through my whole head in the morning, I just use it on the ends and it still makes a big difference. I'm definitely believing the hype now!

1.0 out of 5 stars F for Fake..., March 9, 2010
I am really shocked at Amazon's quality control on this one. I am a LONG time amazon customer and will continue to be because I believe this to be an honest mistake on their part but boy did they get duped and in turn the customer is getting duped.

I do believe that SOME customers have gotten authentic irons from Amazon but their latest batch is big time bogus. There isn't even a made up hologram code on the tag to even TRY to make it look legit; just a warning about getting it wet like you'd find on any old hair dryer or curling iron from wal-mart. The box wasn't sealed at all. (huge red flag) It was in a janky, molding that split the moment you took it out of the box to try to get to the cord. No DVD, no booklet.

Let me repeat, I do not think this was intentional by Amazon, I think they were purchased by a buyer that was clueless about this item just as I would be about buying a leaf blower.

I'm just relieved that I bought it from somewhere reputable like Amazon that I could return it easily. HOWEVER, you may have to call them to get them to email you a no charge return label....good luck!!

ghd Professional Advanced Ceramic Heat-Styler, 1"
$240.00 $183.98