Can I put ginger in it or must I grate the ginger first? Ginger is very tough. And so is rutabega/turnips, etc. Will this juicer handle these roots?
asked by D. OLSON on February 10, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
votes
Definitely! I actually put the ginger through first while the basket is clean. I actually obtain a nice amount of ginger juice from an inch cube or so of fresh ginger root. I also juice beets & turnips. I get ALOT of juice from both. Go easy on the beets. They have a very strong flavor that will overpower the taste of your other veggies. Happy Juicing! Hope this helps.
AvidReader66 answered on February 10, 2013

A
vote
I just peel the outside of the ginger root to get out the "meat" of the ginger. A knife should do the trick! It doesn't have to be perfect though. The juicer is pretty hearty.
Kjax answered on February 10, 2013

A
votes
No need to grate the ginger or anything else. It grinds through everything I have put in it. I use ginger in it daily.
Amazon Customer answered on February 10, 2013

A
vote
I do not peel my ginger and it does just fine
AvidReader66 answered on February 10, 2013

A
vote
I do put ginger in my juicer. I don't use big pieces and it seems to be just fine.
tmpalma answered on February 10, 2013

A
vote
Absolutely you can put any of these items in. I have used ginger in most of my juices. I would only recommend peeling them all first.
A. Kingsriter answered on February 10, 2013

A
vote
I already used ginger and it worked just fine.
janis answered on February 10, 2013

A
vote
No need to grate anything, just wash and juice!
Jae9110 answered on February 11, 2013

A
vote
Basically you are able to juice nearly anything besides banana. I would definitely google for a list of what not to juice. I personally have since upgraded to a different juicer because this one broke on me and the feed tube was too small and inconvenient.
Amazon Customer answered on February 11, 2013

A
votes
I didn't have any trouble juicing beats with it. However, I thought this juicer didn't do a great job of extracting juice, a lot of it ended up in the waste bin.
Lindsay Strong answered on February 10, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›