Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Want to give this as a gift to an 89 year old WWII vet so he can record his Army stories. Is this a good fit?
asked by Rita A. on February 10, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Generally yes. The picture quality is excellent. equivant to a good DVD. Sound quality is also excellent without any humming or self generated background noise.
However, I noticed that if I place the camera on a table for example and there is something off to the side but in the view of the camera, the auto focus will become confused and the person being filmed is then out of focus. Also, while they tout 120 minutes of recording, the best I've gotten without a re-start is about 70-minutes.
ed
ed answered on February 10, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think it's a good fit. There are not too many buttons and settings, so it shouldn't get too confusing. Definitely have someone show him the overall functions and even do some test runs with him. What a great idea!
Elizabeth Saari answered on February 11, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, this camera is so easy to operate!
Joeann Crafton answered on February 11, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is a simple tool to use, but only has a two hour capacity limit before you have to download. If the vet is basically computer literate, I'd give it in a heartbeat. If however, he is not, then unless there is someone around him that can help download the videos to a computer and then recharge the camera, I would recommend some other means!
J. Carrington answered on February 10, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well, the company that makes it is getting out of the business of video cameras so I'd be wary to purchase a product from them.
Cassandra answered on February 10, 2013

A
It's a point and shoot type camera and if the Vet understands computers and how to unload it, it's simple to work. My Niece's boy took it onto the ice because he a hockey goalie...
D. L. Cillo answered on February 10, 2013

A
The Company going out of business really isn't cause of quality control.However,In my opinion,no. i would get him a mini DV camera or a webcam that's easy to set up. Webcam would be best as there's no time limit and it stays plugged into the computer...no need to remove or insert anything.It IS a great little camcorder, I use mine all the time, but to tell stories that are of any great length...I would go with a good HD webcam with a built in mic...most are built in these days anyways...ie: Microsoft Lifecam.
Jobiwan answered on February 10, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Flip is easy to use. That said, the screen is on the back so difficult to aim for taking selfies. For playback, one can hook it directly to a TV with the MDMI cable.
Gary Grinaker answered on December 17, 2015
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product