Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on January 30, 2015
*update* after some back and forth with gofanco, they realized they were mislabeling this product as dual-link since it did work on their dual-link monitor in hdmi 1.4 mode. I'm adding back two stars to reflect that my biggest problem was that it flat out claimed to be dual-link dvi and clearly was not, and they have fixed that. I am still returning them but glad they fixed their lisitng.
My previous one-star review:

This review is for the "gofanco® Mini DisplayPort to DVI Active Converter for 4K UltraHD DVI-D Dual Link Monitor". The title is a flat out lie. It does not in fact support dual-link DVI at all. I did not recieve a faulty unit. I tested it thoroughly with multiple operating systems, graphics cards, and displays.

It IS a functioning DisplayPort to DVI single-link adapter, and it is able to exceed the max frequency defined in the DVI spec. If you have a 4k HDMI1.4 device, and a dvi-to-hdmi adapter, this will work at 4k@30hz. If you have a 4k device that supports both HDMI 1.4 AND also has a dual-link displayport input, this will probably work - but so would a cheaper active miniDP to HDMI cable as well.

If you actually have a Dual-link DVI display, which based on the title, would seem to be the primary reason for purchasing this item, it will not work. Inside is a Parade Technologies PS171 chip which does not at all support dual-link DVI. I have two different displays that ONLY support dual-link DVI, and neither of them worked with this device and either a dual-link or single-link cable - meanwhile the 4k tv worked with EITHER the dual link or the single-link cable.
Instead of two 165mhz links, this device is only capable of using one single 340mhz link. This is useless for monitors that require two 165mhz links - the entire reason dual-link dvi was created in the first place.

I tried to confirm this with gofanco - no response at all from their tech support.

In short it earns the lowest possible rating, since the title is blatant false advertising, and i'll return it for failing to do the one job i bought it for.
on March 18, 2015
My Lenovo laptop has only 1 VGA & 1 Mini Display Port. I need 2 external monitors for productivity. Ordered the cable from Amazon. It arrived on time. Connected the 2nd monitor thru the new cable to the Mini Display Port. It meets my needs. Now I have a dual external monitor setup.
on February 13, 2016
Only the ACTIVE version of this adapter will work with a Surface Pro Dock. This is not clear from the product description. If you plan to use this with a Surface Pro Dock (3 or 4), you must choose the active adapter version.
on August 17, 2015
Needed an active converter for Radeon video card with "Eyefinity". Card has one DVI and two Mini DisplayPort outputs. Despite what they say on their website, all "legacy" (VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc) monitors require an active adapter when connected to the Mini DisplayPort connectors. The third Mini DPort only works if both Mini DPorts have active adapters. Worked so far and looks well built. Recommended and price of $18 delivered was good.
on March 16, 2016
While unusual for a favorable review, the VGA adapter failed within an hour, the DVI and HDMI adapters continued to work. I really needed the VGA adapter for connections to projectors. I communicated my issue with gofanco who offered to immediately replace the unit or provide a VGA adapter. I choose to get the dedicated VGA adapter which I received promptly and which works fine. Should I have future issues with this replacement I will update this feedback.
on October 7, 2015
If you need an active mini DP to DVI adapter look no further.

I was having issues running 3 monitors with a Radeon R280 video card using Eyefinity. Tried a passive adapter, but could not get it to function correctly. Purchased this and hooked it up and everything works perfectly with no setup other than rebooting and telling my PC to detect the monitors. Setup Eyefinity, and now have 3 24" monitors in portrait mode that function as a single display.

Shipping was great too. Ordered on Friday, was delivered on Sunday.
on March 19, 2015
This Mini Displayport-to-DVI Active Converter worked perfectly for linking my new Surface Pro to my existing HD display. This was my first experience at something like this, and I was skeptical that it sounded easier-said-than-done in the product listing. I was pleasantly surprised by the simple plug-n-play installation.
on January 4, 2015
Works great for me at 1440p with a proper dual link DVI-D cable. Dual link is required for resolutions this high. Normal DVI-D cables max out at 1920x1200 and give you garbled images at higher resolutions without any other warning. The adapter can handle these higher resolutions, but you need a dual link cable, too.
77 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2016
I can't believe it, but this thing works! I'm able to drive my 30" Dell U3011 at 2560x1600 x 60 Hz using this - from both of my laptops (a mid-2012 Macbook Pro 15" running Win7, and a ~2013 Thinkpad running Ubuntu). And it doesn't require extra USB power. Amazing. And the monitor is actually able to go to sleep, too. (Unlike if I drive it directly via DisplayPort - this seems to be a defect in the DisplayPort spec, and/or the Dell U3011.)

Two years ago, I tried 3 or 4 of these un-powered mini-displayport-to-DVI adapters, and none of them could drive this same monitor at 2560x1600. I ended up buying a $100 "active" adapter from Apple, which requires extra USB power. But this little adapter here does the same job without the extra power. I'm impressed!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2015
It certainly seems like people are stumbling into success with this, but I certainly am not. I'm running a mid 2014 macbook pro with a fancy geforce gt 750m video card on board. With this adapter, I am able to see my two Achieva Shimian QH270 monitors (check the first image), but these monitors never actually lock on to the output emerging from my macbook. I've checked and double checked all the edid settings and it's come down to the adapters simply not working in this situation. If you're trying to make this combination work, the gofanco adapter is not your move.

And quick update, I also tried this on a mid 2012 macbook pro, completely wiped, and freshly updated as of july 2015, and experienced the same problem. No luck. Multiple monitors, multiple macbooks, and multiple gofanco cables (and a set of dual link dvi cables) all prove this is not a good strategy.
review image