Customer Discussions > Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred forum

Any good exercise dvd's out there for 60 year olds?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 20, 2009 11:55:01 AM PST
chrissy says:
Does anyone know of a good dvd for a 60 year old woman. I need to shape up and lose about 20 pounds. I am not in bad shape. I do go on a treadmill and bike but I want something to throw on the tv and do at home. I don't want anything that is going to put too much pressure on my knees or back. Can anyone recommend something for me. Thanks much.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2009 9:35:47 AM PST
Rena says:
I found this one designed for older adults, but I've never tried it.

http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Does-It-Staying-Active-Staying-Fit

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2009 9:40:51 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 22, 2009 9:41:26 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2009 10:00:51 AM PST
chrissy says:
Thanks for replying. I'll look into it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2009 11:45:17 AM PST
Poly says:
You can try some of The Firm workouts. Their workouts are good low impact types and lots of weight training. They will get you in shape safely. Jillian's workouts are tough, but she is a bootcamp girl, sometimes too much for older adults.

Posted on Mar 1, 2009 7:03:00 PM PST
a customer says:
Have you tried yoga. You need yoga for any age, especially if you are 60. It will prevent injuries for you in the future. It will give you a lot of flexibility and help with joint problems, it will tone your whole body. I would go with one of Body Wisdoms, yoga for flexibility, yoga for everybody, yoga for weight loss, you can use weights with these dvds as well. They also, have a set of pilates dvds you can work your way up to. I would also, buy 10 minute solution for target toning, it is a beginners dvd. You need weight bearing exercise at any age. How about kickboxing, it will tone your whole body everywhere, and give you strength, flexibility, toning and stamina. Look at Kickboxing for dummies, it is also, pretty low impact and is for beginners. Good luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2009 6:30:06 AM PST
chrissy says:
Thanks for the advise. I'll try them.

Posted on Aug 19, 2010 8:28:52 AM PDT
I would try this https://extranet.securefreedom.com/MillionDollarBody/csShopping/ShoppingCart_Detail.asp?PriceID=167373&Cat=Fitness Program|More Programs

Its by the makers of P90X - and its aimed at people 55 and up!

You can get it here - http://snipurl.com/zzww2
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2009
Latest post:  Aug 19, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels (DVD - 2008)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (4,833)