Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > The Simpsons: Season 15 forum

I got an emal from VIP Fan Club.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 16, 2013 5:56:00 PM PDT
I get emails from VIP Fan Club. They have little stuff about movies and shows. There was something about The Simpsons. I watch the show. I am not sure if I really think it is funny. I guess everything has to end at some point.

--After 20 years of being available exclusively syndicated on broadcast networks, reruns of The Simpsons are rumored to soon be made available to cable outlets later this year, according to TV Guide. The report notes that when the show first went into syndication in 1993, TV stations "demanded exclusivity from cable as long as new episodes were being made by Fox in primetime." Two decades later, new episodes remain in production, thus continuing to limit where the animated juggernaut can be aired. Once The Simpsons can be sold to cable outlets, the asking price per episode is expected to be $1.5 million - multiplied by more than 530 episodes - enough to buy the Duff Brewery and have enough money left over to make Mr. Burns look like a pauper. Of course, unless there has been a change to those original contracts with the broadcast stations, the sudden opportunity is likely a signal that The Simpsons may be coming to an end after its upcoming landmark 25th season.--
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Aug 16, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Simpsons: Season 15
The Simpsons: Season 15 by Dan Castellaneta (DVD - 2012)
4.6 out of 5 stars (143)