‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars quick read, May 11, 2014
I really enjoyed the book; I want more. I can't wait for the next book. Thanks for the suggestion friend, TW.

5.0 out of 5 stars Page Turner, January 14, 2014
This review is from: I gotta make it to Heaven for going thru Hell (Paperback)
This is a really great book. Interesting story lines and characters. I love the 3 friends. I read it in 3 days. Can't wait for Part 2.

4.0 out of 5 stars What Goes Around, December 25, 2013
Newcomer Iesha Womack tells a tale of best friends in the big city. These three successful women who can hold their own and couldn't be more different in nature. The fact they were different made for some great reading as we read about them clashing on many levels.

Summer owns Heaven, the hottest beauty salon in NYC. She is married to David. They had a daughter named Heaven that died of SIDS hence the name of the shop. Since then Summer has been obsessed with having another baby and it's putting a strain on her marriage. David just wants to adopt and stop the madness.

Constance aka Connie works as a hair stylist under Summer is mother to Meagan and in love with a married man. Reggie is the apple of her eye everything she does is to please this man. Even her daughter comes second fiddle. Will she come to her senses and realize this man is never going to leave his wife?

Renee is the man eater of the bunch and has a confidence that most woman can't stand. She is a diva and never caught with a hair out of place. She is engaged to be married to Sean aka Frog. They make the perfect couple. Will she be able to be loyal to one?

While I enjoyed reading about these ladies, their lives and most off all their friendship. I enjoyed the story but at times had to reread parts to make sense of what the author was trying to convey. Who was talking was not always clear. The need to have bold print in a conversation was just plain annoying, there was no need for it. With Content editing to make the points come across clear and constant would be a plus. I do look forward to the her next novel. Kudos for showing woman can have healthy relationships with other women.

SiStar Tea
ARC Book Club Inc.
3.75 rating
Dec Review

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, November 22, 2013
EXCELLENT NEVER A DULL MOMENT I FELT EVERY EMOTION EACH OF THOSE WOMEN FELT THE BOOK IS AWESOME AND WILL READ IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!!, May 24, 2012
Lashia Rush (Sanford, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
I couldn't put this book down....I finished this book in about 5 days, which is extremely fast for me. That just goes to show how interesting this book was. Very entertaining. I was sitting at the edge of my chair awaiting each next step. I certainly hope there will be a part 2 to this amazing story. Great job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, September 16, 2011
This review is from: I gotta make it to Heaven for going thru Hell (Paperback)
Excellent book. Story was great i can definitely say i've come across some females like this. Iesha has a great imagination the sky's the limit for her. Looking forward to anything else she writes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!!!!, October 20, 2010
This review is from: I gotta make it to Heaven for going thru Hell (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book, and I'm upset with myself for taking so long to purchase it!!!! A definite page turner indeed, and I completed it in less than one day! This book will make you yell, curse, cry, and sometimes wanna snatch up the characters by the collar. LOL. This book also shows the strengths and weaknesses of the characters' personalities, their friendships, and even their relationships. It also shows the growth in the characters as well. I had a love/hate relationship with some of the characters in this book. I loved several of the characters for their different goals in life and their ways of achieving those goals, but I hated several of the characters due to their selfish, and petty ways. Excellent book all around.

Anxiously waiting for Part 2.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reality Check, July 25, 2010
This review is from: I gotta make it to Heaven for going thru Hell (Paperback)
Summer's beauty salon, HEAVEN, is the place to be. Not only can you get the best weave in all of NYC, but you're certain to pick up the latest gossip as well. Right now, Summer is preoccupied with her own thoughts as she yearns to be called mommy. Her salon is named after her first baby, Heaven, who died of SIDS. Summer and her husband, David, have unsuccessfully tried to conceive. While David keeps suggesting adoption, Summer wants to have her own child. Soon David is coming home later and going on last minute business trips. Has her wants exceeded his needs?

Constance and Summer were best friends who also worked side by side. A single mother, Connie was madly in love with Reggie, a married, successful lawyer. While she knew that it was wrong, you just can't help who you love, can you? She willingly puts her daughter Meagan's needs off in order to satisfy Reggie's. After so many tears, Connie soon realizes that she could do better. Will her needs finally be met?

Renee, the fashionista of the trio, is bodacious and boisterous. She and her fiancé, Sean aka Frog, have been engaged for two years and she's ready to set a date. After he begrudgingly agrees to her terms, Renee's insatiable appetite gets her in a sticky situation. Instead of working on what's wrong, Renee is already on what's next. Can her needs be quenched by him only?

"I Gotta Make it to Heaven for Going Thru Hell" was surprisingly a good story. Full of conflict, readers are quickly engaged in the friends' lives, loves, wants and desires. I try to avoid reading the synopsis on books, but after reading the book, I realized it didn't match the story. While I started and finished the book in one day, the one thing that bothered me through the entire story was having to reread something to make sense or trying to figure out the time line as the story is happening simultaneously to the three friends. This book is definitely in need of a professional copyeditor as well as a developmental editor. I believe if these adjustments are made, then this would definitely be a 5- star read.

3.5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, June 22, 2010
This review is from: I gotta make it to Heaven for going thru Hell (Paperback)
I think the book was very well written -- especially for a first-time author. The plot had so many twists and turns it kept you engaged every minute. The characters are very easy to relate to and sometimes I found myself cursing at some of them! The book deals with themes that are familiar to any woman: friendships/relationships, love, deceit and trust -- or the lack thereof. It's a great weekend read. I can't wait for the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCEEDED ALL EXPECTION, IMPATIENTLY WAITING ON THE SEQUEL...., May 19, 2010
DivineBrown (Panhandle, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I gotta make it to Heaven for going thru Hell (Paperback)
THE BOOK IS AMAZING! What else can I say? I never expected such detail, allure and courage from a first time author. I was literally TALKING OUT LOUD READING THIS ON A PLANE! Initially, I thought the chapters were kinda short, however, I now know that was BY DESIGN. You get pulled in as the book reaches it's climax. It was so descriptive, it was almost like watching a movie as the scenes play out in your mind. Honestly, it's one of the most memorable books I've ever read because of the RISK taken by the author. You think to yourself.....I KNOW THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN, I KNOOOOW THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN. OH WOW, IT HAPPENED. The writer was extremely BOLD AND DARING as she tied it all together.

I loved this book and I appreciated the authors lead in and build up. The character development was amazing! I felt like I personally knew these women. This book has everything that I look for in a good read. I was so impressed and proud. I only have one complaint....that I didn't wait until the follow up came out to read it. I'm anxious to see where the author can go since she took us there in this novel. I finished the book in 2 days and my friend did the same. IT'S DEFINITELY one of those books that's impossible to put down. I call that money well spent!!! I might even read it again. (lol)

BUY THE BOOK! AND BUY ONE FOR A FRIEND SO THEY DON'T TAKE YOURS. The potential for this author to have longevity as a writer is high. I'm anxious to continue to series. LOVED IT!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

I gotta make it to Heaven for going thru Hell
I gotta make it to Heaven for going thru Hell by Iesha Womack (Paperback - October 5, 2009)
$16.99 $15.29