Profile for Apsara711 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Apsara711 "a reading family" RSS Feed (Salem, OR)

Fast Women
Fast Women
DVD
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like it..., October 7, 2014
This review is from: Fast Women (Amazon Instant Video)
I really wanted to like it but it was incredibly boring. I've been watching a lot of running videos,, I love them. But this is the worst one I've seen. Weird sound quality, endless uninteresting stories. I can't help but wish these runners well, but the documentary did them a disservice. Boring.

Belknap's Waterproof Canyonlands River Guide All New Edition
Belknap's Waterproof Canyonlands River Guide All New Edition
by Buzz Belknap/Loie Belknap Evans
Price: $19.95
14 used & new from $16.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I would have loved more detail on the specifics of our area of ..., July 2, 2014
Just used this on our canoe trip through Stillwater Canyon. Very helpful. It appeared to be the one to have since almost all the canoers we saw on the river had this guide. I would have loved more detail on the specifics of our area of the river, but it was probably meant more as a general map/overview of a lot of areas and so couldn't go into too much detail on any one area. I'd use it again.

LuminAID Solar Inflatable Light, Version 1
LuminAID Solar Inflatable Light, Version 1
Offered by The Shuttered Image
Price: Click here to see our price
50 used & new from $17.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent backpacking "lantern", July 2, 2014
This review is from: LuminAID (Sports)
We recently used the LuminAID on a 6 day canoe trip. Worked like a charm. Small, lightweight, easy to use and really effective. We hung it in our tent at night and it gave off enough light for two of us to use for reading. If I had to quibble, it would be about the on/off switch. You have to press it very specifically in the right spot in order to activate it and so it was awkward trying to turn it on in the dark. It would be great if the on/off button was colored with a glow-in-the-dark material to make it easier to find in the dark. Still, that small suggestion isn't enough to lessen my rating on this cool light. Highly recommended.

M. C. Escher Pop-Ups
M. C. Escher Pop-Ups
by Courtney Watson McCarthy
Price: $19.86
55 used & new from $12.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous. A great gift, but you'd better get one for yourself too!, January 29, 2012
This review is from: M. C. Escher Pop-Ups (Hardcover)
I was so excited to see this book. Escher's 2-D paintings already seem so three dimensional, so I couldn't wait to see what they'd look like in true 3-D. I wasn't disappointed. It is fun and fascinating. I'm ready for the sequel - there are many other Escher works I'd like to see Ms. McCarthy interpret. This book would make a great gift for Escher and art fans.

Diet for Runners: The High-Performance Diet that Gives You Supercharged Energy and Endurance
by Nathan Pritikin
93 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing. Just go for the full Pritikin book if you are interested in this diet., February 5, 2011
I was really disappointed by this book. Here's the summary: the American diet is very bad, the American diet is dangerous and deadly, athletes do better on the Pritikin diet, endless lists of athletes who have improved their performance, the Pritikin diet is 80% carbs, 10% fats, 10% protein, and here are a bunch of recipes.

Half of the book is telling you why you should use this regimin. But outside listing the recipes it doesn't really tell you how to manage a day with the 80-10-10 plan - are you supposed to count calories and then calculate percentages? I have no idea even after finishing the book.

I can't fault the book itself for being out of date, it was printed in the 80s afterall. But there is no accounting for healthy fats at all.

I'm not giving up on the food plan, but I think I'll just get the full Pritikin book and wish I had started there in the first place. Outside a list of runners who have benefited, there is no runner specific information here to warrant a targeted book.

Dear Zoo: A Lift The Flap Book (Classic Board Book)
Dear Zoo: A Lift The Flap Book (Classic Board Book)
by Rod Campbell
Edition: Board book
52 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect even for the yougest readers!, September 22, 2005
I don't usually take the time to write reviews, but this book is so amazing that I just had to comment. I read several books to my son every night. He is only 4 months old and usually reacts more or less the same to each book (generally lseems mostly to just enjoy sitting on my lap and looking at pictures). But Dear Zoo is different! He now has started to understand that the point is to lift up the flaps. And he just can't get enough of it! He actually started crying when I tried to go on to "Goodnight Moon". The rhythm of the text and the simple pictures, plus the fun of the flaps really has him enthralled. Highly recommended!