Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Jondr72 > Reviews

Browse

Jondr72's Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jondr72 RSS Feed (Northern NJ)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Revolutionary Wealth
Revolutionary Wealth
by Alvin Toffler
129 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Alvin Toffler is God, September 27, 2006
This review is from: Revolutionary Wealth (Hardcover)
I just brought and if this is the best description of society, economy, government and revolution for NOW I've read

it's not a Bible but a textbook -

A previous review says it's superficial - well it doesn't offer simple solutions - like voting in a certain party - and that's upsetting to some - just points out trends that are headed - he says - on an inexcorable path

future shock is right

Conversations
Conversations
Offered by KareFarle0
Price: $11.98
101 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I brought two copies.., November 29, 2005
This review is from: Conversations (Audio CD)
one for me and one for my friend. These songs are the voice of my wife, her loves, her trust, her faith. It is so inspirational to me. Thanks to Sara for listening to her voice.

Color in Bloom
Color in Bloom
12 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Greatest Albums of All Time, August 23, 2005
This review is from: Color in Bloom (Audio CD)
I have listened to a lot of music in my life - that's basically what I do. I first heard this album in an Econo Lodge in New Haven, CT surrounded by new friends and a bottle of whiskey. The joy in hearts when 313 came on is unique and will be with me forever - "Take my life if you are able, I don't want to be here when they come to take me in" sung with pop hooks and a jazz beat, brought tears to my eyes. The rest of the album is just as stunning. Sun Machine is a mastery of controlled power using rythm chords to a manifest pure joy and freedom. Even though this album won the Jammy album of the yeaar in 2000 it is still largely unheard and deserves more attention. The members of PH are pure muscians and people in touch with the rythm of the universe.

Leap
Leap
by Terry Tempest Williams
Price: $14.18
92 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm new to the Mormon Church, July 10, 2005
This review is from: Leap (Paperback)
and this book has imspired me so much - What a wonderful depiction of eternal life or in other words - the eternal struggle - lived in modern times by a modern woman

The Honest Hour
The Honest Hour
Price: $19.66
43 used & new from $0.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A great album, February 3, 2005
This review is from: The Honest Hour (Audio CD)
Every song rocks. Crystal clear clarity, probably the best sounding live album you'll hear. The songs: Paul Henry, the Harrower, The Honest Hour, Man With a Plan, are so tight and emotionally charged they will knock your socks off. A truly great album from a truly great band. Special mention to Nate Wilson's solo on Speculator - beyond.

Be Here Now
Be Here Now
by Ram Dass
Price: $8.56
185 used & new from $4.46

5.0 out of 5 stars My Hippie Prayer Book, December 11, 2004
This review is from: Be Here Now (Paperback)
Spritual ideas are simple - it's the practice that's difficult. This shows us the fun and the ideas and also gives us hint of what true spirituality can bring us - mind over matter and control over ones destiny. The book is useful for any level of the spiritual journeyman. It can be opened and referenced like the I Ching. It's a great and humble energy to have lying around.

Shot of Love
Shot of Love
Offered by IMS Distribution
Price: $13.08
46 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A spiritual record for a spiritual time, August 24, 2004
This review is from: Shot of Love (Audio CD)
This is a great holy album. While the specifically JC oriented songs stand alone, the rest of the album depicts the spiritual struggle of our generation. The standout Every Grain of Sand coulde be the holiest song ever. Time will tell.

Reflections
Reflections
19 used & new from $17.65

5.0 out of 5 stars It could save your life., August 9, 2003
This review is from: Reflections (Audio CD)
This is a great album, but two songs in particular deserve special mention. 'Mission in the Rain' I have always loved, because as life teaches us "no matter comes down (what happens) our mission always looks the same". This is an introspective album, with lyricist Hunter conteplating fame and fortune and realizing his "cup is empty; only love can fill." True words for any one on a journey. In fact that song, 'Comes a Time" has kept me going when all seemed lost. The album works for anyone.

Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism (Shambhala Classics)
Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism (Shambhala Classics)
by Chogyam Trungpa
Price: $9.38
99 used & new from $5.39

5.0 out of 5 stars The Demise of the Lord of Form!, August 9, 2003
I read the book in college, and then again last year. I just reread the introduction and recieved the answer I've been looking for the last 3 years. The blockage is the creation of the form. This of course is the idea of he imageless (read formless) creator. That's all you need epending on where you are. This is similar to the Ashlagian idea of 'Mati v'lo Mati' (to reach and not to reach) or as Trungpa says "not too tight, not too loose. To loose, we don't get anywhere (no desire) to tight, we create a form ( an idol). I know buddhists meditate in fornt of a form, but you should ask them about that!

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5)
by J. K. Rowling
Price: $18.29
1109 used & new from $0.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Another example of the revealment of Light, July 3, 2003
Again, in our world of physicality and cycnicsm, the Light chooses to reveal the possibilities within our our souls through a young adult book that has catured the imagination of the entire world. The question is not whether there are wizards and metaphysical possibilities within the human spirit, the question is when they will be revealed. The popularity of these is based on a human desire for fun, for joy, for an otherworldliness, and of course for the oppurtunity inherent in the goodness of man to do battle with evil. I hope all the people who read book realize that the possibilities of the human imagination are real, (as is the force of evil) and that the allure of Harry Potter and friends is tht each one of us wishs we were him (or at least like him).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3