Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Nhan Nguyen > Reviews

Browse

Nhan Nguyen's Profile

Customer Reviews: 55

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nhan Nguyen RSS Feed (Houston, TX United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Act Like Men: 40 Days to Biblical Manhood
Act Like Men: 40 Days to Biblical Manhood
Price: $8.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Sobering and empowering, March 26, 2016
Pastor MacDonald writes in a very clear and approachable tone, structuring the book in 40 daily devotional chapters. As a believer, you'll be strongly convicted with each day's reading, each concluding with searching questions to help you think about what you've read. The final devotional ends the book with a bang, with a hidden-in-plain-sight revelation so powerful that I dare say it'll change your walk forever! Highly recommended for any Christ-following man you know...and that last chapter would be great for any Christ follower, man or woman.

Mosiso MacBook Pro 15" Case, Black Soft-Touch Plastic Hard Case Cover for MacBook Pro 15.4" (Model A1286) Aluminum Unibody with CD-ROM Drive (BLACK)
Offered by Mosiso
Price: $16.99
5 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, affordable protection for your MacBook Pro, November 19, 2015
This case works exactly as advertised for my 2009 MacBook Pro: It protects my MBP against scuffs and impacts that would otherwise leave marks on the MBP's aluminum shell. It's also a very nice effect to see the Apple logo, which is invisible when the MBP is closed, glow through the top when I open the MBP. This sort of case makes it easy to slide my MBP in a bag and not worry about it. Since I've put it in a backpack with other hardware, like other laptops, power cables, and accessories, and the top of the cover got scuffed, but better the cover than the top of the MBP!

Fascinations AntWorks
Fascinations AntWorks
Price: $18.01
16 used & new from $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating to a 4-year-old or a 40-year-old. Punch the air holes so the ants can breathe!!!, August 10, 2015
This review is from: Fascinations AntWorks (Toy)
I always wanted an ant farm as a kid, but now my son has this one, and I get to enjoy it with him! The gel most certainly wasn't available when I was a kid, so the wait was worth it.

The box includes:

* an informational book on ants (with order form in the back for ants from two different sources)
* the farm itself (pre-filled with gel)
* a green plastic magnifying glass (about 2.5 inches in diameter), and
* a small green plastic magnifying loupe (about the diameter of a dime)
* a little green plastic stick to poke holes in the gel (to start the tunnels)

I should mention the magnifying "glass" (all plastic) is superior to some standalone magnifying glasses I'd got for my son, which had irritating distortion away from the center of the lens. The glass provided with this kit is actually pretty decent for looking at harvester ants. I'll try not to train my son on using it to burn stuff!

IMPORTANT: Once you load the ants in there, assuming they're harvester ants, use a pushpin to puncture the two air holes at the top of the farm. At least with the one I got, those holes were not opened so air could flow into the farm. I didn't realize this till several days in, and so I quickly punched the holes. The holes are still too small for harvester ants to travel through, but you can blow on them or direct a fan to them to get airflow going.

Over time, some ants will pass away, and the living ants will bring them to the surface and cover them in the gel. The gel will start to look kinda gross as the ant bodies will start to color the gel around them, so put the ant farm in the fridge for a FEW minutes to slow the ants down, and then open the farm. Use a plastic fork or spoon to scoop out the dead bodies and surrounding gel, then securely close the top again.

I stress that you check the top when you close it, because, like other people, my ants started EATING the white foam gasket that seals the top...and I didn't realize that the sponginess of the foam caused the top of the farm to creep up JUST enough for some of the ants to escape into the house! I now have rubber bands on both sides to keep the lid down. I wonder if I can order a new gasket...

Overall, I love this farm, and plan to have one at my desk at work. I know I'll have to order more ants in a few months, but it's wonderful to watch them work.

Highly recommended.

LOCK LACES (Elastic Shoelace and Fastening System) (Black)
LOCK LACES (Elastic Shoelace and Fastening System) (Black)
Offered by Positive Distribution LLC / LOCK LACES
Price: $7.99
3 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for parents or caretakers of young/elderly!, August 10, 2015
The need for these laces came out of necessity: I'm trying to get my son to use the public restroom and NOT slip on the slippery, urine-soaked floors (ugh), and the last thing I need is my OWN shoelaces to be loose or touch the men's room floor! This neatly (pun intended) solves the issue!

Installation was a piece of cake:

1. I removed my old laces
2. I laced up the new Lock Laces
3. I slipped on the springloaded cinchers (the black cylinders that say LOCK LACES on them), and adjusted them to be sure my feet were comfortable.
4. I snipped the laces 2-3 inches longer than I needed past where I cinched up the Lock Laces
5. I snapped the ends into the supplied caps
6. Ear to ear grin, knowing that this was easily some of the best $8 I've ever spent!

My next challenge is to let my son know he still needs regular laces so he'll know how to tie them!

Titanium Cross Black Cable Inlay Dog Tag Pendant
Titanium Cross Black Cable Inlay Dog Tag Pendant
Offered by Payless Outlet
Price: $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great masculine cross to wear or gift, August 5, 2015
I don't wear jewelry. I know guys do, but I just don't. I also personally didn't think it was appropriate to wear dog tags as jewelry. When I saw this, though, I made the exception.

Believers wage spiritual warfare every day, so I'm okay with wearing this. It's also quite understated, and can be worn with just about anything. What wasn't clear in the product photo is that the loop for the chain moves freely on a pin. The photo led me to believe the loop was fixed, but either way is fine.

The back is flat, and on the front, the cross is flat, but the bezel is polished. Very nice combination. I included photos to show the thickness of the tag, which is a little more than two U.S. quarters high. The back looks like it's ready to engrave. I can't wait to add my favorite verse.

Highly recommended, especially since its price here on Amazon is a fraction of its selling price elsewhere!
Comment Comment | Permalink

EZGO Wallet
EZGO Wallet
Offered by Quantum Wireless
Price: $29.99
5 used & new from $24.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Best slim multifunction wallet I've found, June 23, 2015
I've annoyed my wife with how many wallets I've been through. I just can't settle on the right one...I might have one for a while, but it's always missing the one thing I really wanted from a wallet.

Well, I believe my search is over with the EZGO. Here's what I need to carry:

* 3-5 folded bills
* micro SD card and its SD card adapter
* 6-8 debit/credit/other cards

This wallet carries them all in a very compact size, even slim enough to be a front pocket wallet. I believe the design of the wallet, where the cards slide onto either side of a central bill cavity, is what contributes to the slim form factor. In other wallets, card pockets mean that there is additional thickness added outside the inserted card, noticeably increasing the thickness of the populated wallet. With the EZGO, the maximum dimensions of the EZGO are already set by design: 4 cards per side, max.

A bonus I really like about the EZGO is the lanyard/keychain hole, so I can now brainstorm about essential keys or other items I consider as essential to keep with the wallet contents. I'm thinking a very short cord/chain with only essential keys on it, possibly lashed to one side of the EZGO with an elastic band around the whole thing.

So not just to my relief, but others as well, I've found a wallet that fits the bill (pun intended). I'll definitely be getting it as a gift and recommending it whenever people inquire about it as I'm paying for something!

Lunatik SMK5-001 Seismik Touch Suspension Frame for iPhone 5 / iPhone 5S - Retail Packaging - Black/Smoke
Offered by Buywireless
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Form and function done well, February 22, 2015
Though a little steep in price, it's money well-spent in hindsight. The rubber truss all around is excellent impact protection for my 5S, and the front and back are protected as well. (In the front, the case is raised about a millimeter past the front of the screen.)

Aside from the very cool truss all around, I really appreciate the little details in the design:

- The slider switch for silencing the phone is manipulated by a trapezoid push-through button that complements the surrounding truss triangles.
- The volume buttons are covered by + and - covers...but only the + is raised while the - is recessed, so you can tell by feel which is which.
- The lock button at the top of the phone is covered by a PWR button, which is recessed so you can locate it by feel and orient the phone correctly.

Sizewize, a 5S with this case on is almost identical in dimensions (length and width when looking at the front) to an iPhone 6.

The rubber seems to be getting a little softer each week, so I'll see how much longevity it has sliding in and out of my pockets.

I love this case, and highly recommend it for its design, function, and definite conversation-starting appeal.

UPDATE (Nov. 3, 2015): About 10 months later, the rubber is much softer all around and worn smooth around what were sharp edges. This case has saved my phone many times, with the phone bouncing on hard concrete and being just fine. As with some other reviewers, the bottom part of the case, on the back, separated from the hard smoked plastic window, but it doesn't affect the protective capability, or charging/syncing of the phone at all.

Though it's a little frivolous, I may just buy another case, since its price has dropped by 50% now...probably since the iPhone 5S is now two generations old!

ZAGG Backlit Bluetooth Keyboard for Apple iPad mini-Black (ZKMHCBKLIT103)
ZAGG Backlit Bluetooth Keyboard for Apple iPad mini-Black (ZKMHCBKLIT103)
Offered by DealForYouUS
Price: $38.99
39 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best iPad mini keyboard I've used. Great for touch typists., April 10, 2014
I'm in the iOS and OS X ecosystems, so using apps like Notes means that whatever I type on Notes on my MacBook will appear on my iOS devices, and vice-versa. You can imagine how great that is when you're taking notes in meetings, using Notes for personal records and notations, and so on.

It's not so great, however, when you're trying to travel light and use just the on-screen keyboard on an iPhone or iPad, and accidental keypresses slow you down. A LOT. Next thing you know, you've completely missed the next thing you needed to type in, because you were concentrating on fixing the mistake you made moments earlier.

Like many others, I researched the overwhelming number of keyboard options out there: folio keyboards, keyboard cases, and even keyboards where you detach your iPad mini and put it in a groove to use it. But even after all that research, I missed a not-so-trivial detail: keyboard size, layout, and spacing is crucial if you're a touch typist. If you're not, and you hunt and peck, then these things don't matter so much.

I first got the SHARKK keyboard cover, which actually turned my iPad mini into a convertible tablet. Very cool, but also very thick and heavy. But the worst offense for me was the keyboard layout.

Many iPad mini keyboards only take up 75% of their available area. The remaining 25% is used for indicator lights or a groove to sit your iPad mini in. This means that the keyboard has to be scaled down, with all the attendant layout compromises, to a vertically short area. This means really cramming in some keys, and making odd calls like a narrow spacebar, or holding down the fn key with another key to make an apostrophe or quotation mark appear on screen. That renders the keyboard unusable to someone who needs to get text into their device quickly.

The ZAGG keyboard, however, takes up almost all the available space it has on its face, meaning keys can be taller and wider...and ZAGG paid particular attention to making the more commonly used keys larger. The result is a keyboard that is, of course, scaled down from full size, but with far less compromises and layout oddities than the competition. The keys also respond more like modern low-profile Apple keyboards, requiring minimal force to depress them. With some cheaper keyboards, if you don't press down with enough force, or squarely in the middle of the key, you get nothing. NOTHING!

On top of all that, this keyboard does let you pull your iPad mini out of its holder (which uses thin padding and a very strong magnet), flip the iPad around, and hold it above the keyboard (back of the iPad facing the keyboard), so you can confidently hold the iPad mini/ZAGG keyboard sandwich in your hands to read in tablet mode. Or, just detach your iPad mini and use it on its own. When you pull your iPad mini out of the holder, you'll notice a long bar magnet on a hinge flip outward from the holder. (This magnet is what holds your iPad to the keyboard.) If the magnet doesn't flip out, you can dip your iPad mini into the holder and pull it out, and the magnet hinge outward.

It's true that this keyboard doesn't protect your iPad mini. Mine is naked in it, and probably works best that way. I do have a screen protector, though it shows no key marks on its face, since the ZAGG keyboard has a raised bumper at each corner to protect both units. There are some included rubber feet to put on the bottom of the keyboard, if you don't want it scratched up too much from hard surfaces. The keyboard itself is anodized in a very dark blue.

I love this keyboard...it's just about as good as it gets for a keyboard of this size. Highly recommended if you're a touch typist.

KaysCase Clear White Soft Gel TPU Skin Bumper Case Cover for the Apple iPhone 4 and 4S

4.0 out of 5 stars Great impact protection for little money, April 10, 2014
What a great bumper.

Like you, I've wanted protection, but with minimal phone coverage. This bumper achieves it, and has even protected my phone from corner drops onto concrete and tile from 3-4 feet.

Highly recommended!

Universal G-Pak Case Organizer for iPad, iPhone, Tablets, 3DS and DSI Gaming Handhelds
Price: $21.41
7 used & new from $21.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for when you don't need your computer, April 10, 2014
I've been using this for a few days now, and my back thanks me for it!

I often have fallen into the trap of overloading my computer bags with more than I needed, because...you never know if you might need this cable or that adapter, etc. So, I tried something radically different: I'd leave my computer and its bag at work unless I needed it (because I often found I was just transporting it home from work, but not using it), and only transport my mobile devices. To this end, this bag is great.

For a guy, this bag is almost borderline man purse territory, but I think the dual clasps and "G-PAK" raised lettering on the back make it just enough to let people know that you're not toeing the line. If you're a bigger guy, however (closer to six feet tall), this case will seem even smaller relative to you, and may indeed look more like a purse.

It's important to note that this is not a bag you can quickly access your gear while on the move. Though this initially deterred me from buying the bag, I decided that maybe I needed to slow down a little and maybe not have such gear at the immediate ready. Maybe I need to pay attention to life around me sometimes. LOL

What this means is that you need to sit and lay the bag in your lap, or lay the bag on a horizontal surface, to open it. (You don't have to take the bag's strap off your shoulder.) Once you've done that, you can open both plastic clasps simultaneously (yay for opposable thumbs!), and then unzip the central neoprene cover for the main compartment, and flip it open toward you. Because the neoprene cover is hinged closest to you, this is the reason why you wouldn't want to open your bag while on the go or standing, because you could potentially drop something from the bag onto the ground.

On the inside of the neoprene cover are three slash pockets, of roughly equal widths (imagine three columns). If you don't have outrageously large phones, you can store them completely inside the middle slash pocket without any part of the device sticking out. For the two side pockets, however, their depth is limited because the bottoms of the pockets are sewn in a curve, rather than a straight line. I'm not sure why this is, but this restricts me to putting more flexible items in them, like cables and adapters.

The two doors that swung open when you released the plastic clasps have a business card pocket, two penholders, two stylus holders, and a couple of memory card pockets. These you actually could access on the move. Even with the doors closed, I can reach down between the doors and the bag's neoprene cover and grab a pen, if needed.

The main compartment is just large enough to fit an iPad sideways (landscape orientation), and there are integrated hook and look straps to keep it in place. Also included is a double-sided, removable divider with small mesh pockets on both sides. You could fill them with DS games, memory cards, etc. Two padded dividers are included, so you can further organize your stuff in this cavity.

The strap is a slippery nylon, and the included shoulder pad slides all over it when you're trying to grab it to put on your shoulder. I'm actually thinking of somehow securing the shoulder pad to the strap, so I don't constantly have to readjust its position.

Overall, a great bag for holding your mobile gear, as long you don't need to grab items from it instantaneously. And, your previously overloaded back will thank you for it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6