Profile for Ron Mexico > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ron Mexico RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Rory's Story Cubes
Rory's Story Cubes
Price: $8.55
72 used & new from $2.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun in a compact package, March 2, 2015
This review is from: Rory's Story Cubes (Toy)
Tons of fun. We like to bring these to restaurants and play while we wait for food. Beats "eye spy" and "what's missing" when you run out of things that toddlers and big kids are interested in.

We just make up our own rules and change them all the time. Keeps it fun and pushes kids' imaginations.

Topeak Super Bicycle Chain Tool
Topeak Super Bicycle Chain Tool
Price: $15.95
45 used & new from $12.57

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small, March 2, 2015
It's very small -- too small for my hands. I purchased this for my home bike shop, but it seems better suited for a saddle bag. I do appreciate the little metal hook that holds the chain while you break it, although all the pieces can be cumbersome to remove and put back together.

Ok if you're out on the road, I suppose, but I've actually never had to mend a chain on the road. Just buy a bigger, burlier model for home use.

Pure Anise Extract 2 oz
Pure Anise Extract 2 oz
Offered by Etailz
Price: $12.74
2 used & new from $7.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. Great for pizzelles!, March 2, 2015
This review is from: Pure Anise Extract 2 oz (Misc.)
Good stuff. Our grocery store stopped carrying Anise extract, so were were glad to be able to find it on Amazon before we had a pizzelle emergency. Oh the horror. First world problems.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2015 9:50 PM PDT

Dyson DC24 Multi Floor End cap assembly 915934-01 - Set of 2
Dyson DC24 Multi Floor End cap assembly 915934-01 - Set of 2
Offered by Buy-it-now-store
Price: $7.92
6 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great and seems to be holding up, March 2, 2015
Our stock Dyson cap melted inside (I think due to hair buildup on the brushbar). This one plugged right in and seems to be holding up just fine after a few months.

Trouble Board Game
Trouble Board Game
Price: $15.17
53 used & new from $7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Smaller/cheaper but a decent replacement for the old classic, March 2, 2015
This review is from: Trouble Board Game (Toy)
It's definitely smaller and cheaper than the old Trouble games were, but it works better than the remastered versions of Candyland and Chutes and Ladders.

The instructions are terrible (there's no mention of why the number 1 is red), but we were able to recall how to play and teach our children.

BestDealUSA Cycling Bike Bicycle BMX Chain Whip Wheel Sprocket Remove Bike Tool
BestDealUSA Cycling Bike Bicycle BMX Chain Whip Wheel Sprocket Remove Bike Tool
Offered by standbyon
Price: $4.39
8 used & new from $4.39

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, March 2, 2015
Does the job...there's really no reason to pay more. It's a metal bar, a plastic wrapped handle, and a length of cheap chain. It works just as good as the whips that cost 2x the price.

IC091 30520PWC003 UF581 07-08 Honda Fit L4 1.5L Set Of 4 Ignition Coil 07 08
IC091 30520PWC003 UF581 07-08 Honda Fit L4 1.5L Set Of 4 Ignition Coil 07 08
Offered by loveyourcar
Price: $88.25
3 used & new from $83.76

1.0 out of 5 stars STAY AWAY!, March 2, 2015
Total junk. I had the stuttering issue on my 2007 Honda Fit, so I ordered this set of coil packs. They worked for 12 hours...then the first one popped on my way home from work. I was able to limp into an Autozone on a badly misfiring cylinder. They hooked me up to an OBD II sensor and read the cylinder code. I limped home and put one of my old coil packs back in and it worked for another week.

200 miles from home another one popped. I limped into the nearest Honda dealership where they changed out another one of these junky coil packs. Over $200 later, I was on the road again. Luckily, the other two held out until I was a few miles from home...then POP! The third one of these decided to give out. I pulled out the last two of these and put in two of my old ones that looked cleaner.

I'm going on two months without any problems, so it appears that I picked the right three to put back in (plus a new stock Honda pack). Just stay away from these cheap ones. You'd be better off just paying up for one good one, and cycling through until you find your bad coil pack that's causing the stuttering.

It took some back and forth with the seller, but they finally agreed to accept the return (I still had to pay for shipping).

BIKEHAND Bicycle Bike Shimano Hollowtech II Crankset Bottom Bracket Tool
BIKEHAND Bicycle Bike Shimano Hollowtech II Crankset Bottom Bracket Tool
Offered by cyclingdeal_usa
Price: $13.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to do!, March 2, 2015
Gets the job done at a lower cost than the blue handled brand. Not much more to say. The handle ergonomics are acceptable, the teeth mate up well to Hollowtech II, and it comes with the plastic cap removal tool.

Chutes and Ladders Board Game
Chutes and Ladders Board Game
Price: $8.99
124 used & new from $3.38

1.0 out of 5 stars It wasn't broke -- Why "fix" it?, March 2, 2015
The lack of contrast and busy graphics are very confusing for our 2 and 4 year olds. It's difficult to pick up the sequence that players are supposed to travel, or even where they should be placing their pieces. My 4 year old just tries to search for the numbers and places the pieces on top them -- totally disregarding the shades of green.

The price is right, but I'd pay a few bucks more for a slightly larger and legible piece of cardboard to play on.

Primefit IK1010S-25 Air Accessory Kit with Storage Case, 25-Piece
Primefit IK1010S-25 Air Accessory Kit with Storage Case, 25-Piece
Price: $17.25
2 used & new from $17.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Suspect Quality, But $15 is Fair, July 1, 2014
After having just bought my first air compressor, I just needed a baseline set of tools with decent functionality. I also didn't want them flying around loose in a toolbox, so I decided on this set as a good cheap introduction.

It has a nice range of fittings that did the job -- albiet with quality issues that you'd expect from a set this inexpensive.

When I opened the package, I noticed that one of the two tabs that locks the plastic box shut was missing. Oh well, some quality control issues are to be expected at this price. After getting some fittings attached to my air compressor, I went to test it out on one of my kids soccer balls. As I threaded in one of the two needles, the needle tip just fell off into my hand.

All in all, it'll get you going as a starter set, but anyone with serious needs looking to get a lot of use out of their air tools should probably spring for something nicer. Considering the $15 price, I think 3 stars is fair.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3