Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports STEM
Profile for MeridianX > Reviews

Browse

MeridianX's Profile

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MeridianX RSS Feed (Bucks County, PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
KabelDirekt (3 feet) 2 x RCA Male to 2 x RCA Male Stereo Audio Cable - PRO Series
Price: $8.07
2 used & new from $8.07

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid!, March 11, 2016
Avoid these if you plan to use them on multiple components. They are tight fitting on the RCA jacks, however, the ends didn't spring back tight when I used these cables on a different component. They were so loose they could fall off. I had to squeeze them tight with a pair of pliers. This was a temporary fix as this is not optimum for maintaining a good contact surface. Had to replace them...they are cheap and I should have expected them to fail.

DarkVoice 336SE Headphone Tube Amplifier
DarkVoice 336SE Headphone Tube Amplifier
Offered by SHENZHENAUDIO
Price: $319.99
2 used & new from $319.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy replacment tubes before you purchase the unit!, January 29, 2016
While I should deduct a star for the ultra horrible tubes included with this unit, with replacement tubes this is a sublime amp. Out of the box there was a horrible hum in the left channel and the sound was "frizzy". Luckily I had already bought both Zenith and RCA tubes on eBay...dropped the US made tubes in and the hum and "frizziness" was gone! I am using this with Senn HD800...the pair has definitely been a good match for my ears. Very happy!
Comment Comments (16) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2016 7:02 PM PST

LG 55EG9100 Curved 55-Inch OLED 1080p Smart TV (2015 Model)
LG 55EG9100 Curved 55-Inch OLED 1080p Smart TV (2015 Model)
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: Click here to see our price
19 used & new from $1,080.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, buy it!, November 21, 2015
I am floored by the picture quality. Like others, I was not happy that they stopped selling Plasma TVs. This OLED set is, dare I say, better than my Panasonic plasma TV. While the set comes out of the box with decent picture settings, you need to play with the settings to obtain the best picture for your room (and eyes). Once dialed in, I sat and marveled at the gorgeous colors, the deep blacks, the lack of motion artifacts and the terrific internet/web integration. Netflix and Youtube both look great! After patting myself on the back for taking the risk on the purchase, I tried out the 3D feature. I rented the recent Jurassic Park from my cable's on-demand feature. After putting the picture into vivid mode to make up for the slight darkness with the 3d glasses, the picture jumped off the screen! it made that pathetic movie totally watchable! I was concerned I would not like the curve but it doesn't bother me or my family one bit. I have never purchased an LG set before but as far as OLED sets are concerned, i am totally sold on the technology. The best LCD/LED can not hold a candle to this picture quality this entry level set delivers. If it is within your budget, buy it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2015 8:35 AM PST

Canon PowerShot N 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 8x Optical Zoom and 28mm Wide-Angle Lens (White)
Offered by Hummingbuy
Price: $149.95
19 used & new from $98.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The camera is a hit!, May 3, 2013
Just received the camera....so far all I can say is that I purchased the white version and it is a gorgeous little camera! BUT please be aware to purchase a microSD card! It doesn't mention this anywhere in the description so I need to get one before I can test out the camera...stay tuned...

Update: May 5, 2013

Camera takes pictures just as good as my Canon S90. Totally different experience though...it is more like my iPhone. Intuitive but requires being open to a camera that handles differently than any before it. The camera is small and subsequently the buttons are small also. Even though the buttons are small they are easy to hit and because of their location, do not get pressed accidentally. The touch screen works very well, only requiring a very light touch. Being able to touch the screen to focus on the area you want to be in focus allows for very quick focus targeting. Also, using the screen to sweep through the pictures is very convenient. The zoom is very quick and the swing out screen is very handy. The creative burst feature has been a favorite of my high school age daughter. She has borrowed the camera quite a few times to take pictures and post them to her social accounts. I found the slow motion video to be a addicting...there are two speeds to choose from...taking slow motion video of my son's golf swing allows us to see everything very clear and in very cool slow motion. I have used it to capture my other children practicing gymnastics, bike riding and trampoline jumping...it gives us all a good laugh. Most importantly, and the reason I bought the camera, is the wireless capability. So far for me it has worked great. If I want to post something or want to send a friend a picture I start up the CameraWindow app on my iPhone and I can view all the pics on the camera. I then select what I want transferred to my iPhone. The transfer has been quick and effortless.

So far I have not explored all the capabilities of the camera but I can say I am very happy with the camera. I have also had positive reaction and have shown the camera to a number of interested people who have seen me while using it public. For the price it has exceeded my expectations.

Update: May 10, 2013

Still enjoying the camera! I want to add some additional thoughts on this camera. I have not altogether replaced my compact point & shoot with this camera. This camera is for someone willing to try something unconventional and is not looking for a replacement for their S95 or G10. It does not have the traditional manual functions of an enthusiasts camera but it has more capabilities than a camera phone (does use a similar sized flash however). The camera is more of a curiosity that lends itself to the fun picture taking. There is a dedicated button that allows you to shoot a quick succession of shots (some randomly of the background and not the subject!) and adds creative filters to them. This is the type of customer that I believe Canon is focused on. My teens love it and get a kick out of it when sometimes a stranger in the background shows up as the main subject of one of the random creative shots. Also, if you do not want to upload your pics via WiFi to your phone then this probably isn't the camera for you. ... Just some thoughts if you are looking for a serious point & shoot camera to replace an old favorite...
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2013 1:53 PM PDT

George Kovacs P591-084 Suspended 3 Light Semi Flush
George Kovacs P591-084 Suspended 3 Light Semi Flush
Offered by Del Mar Designs
Price: $252.00
21 used & new from $252.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, January 3, 2013
Nice quality and looks great when finally installed. Putting it together and installing it was like changing the oil filter on a foreign exotic car. A lot of reaching and squeezing... Due to the design and clearance to the ceiling, replacement of lightbulbs is a chore. Most adult male hands can not reach in change the bulbs, my wife has to climb the ladder. She even has a problem with the bulb change and regrets the purchase...hence the three star rating.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2013 8:08 PM PDT

TopCase Macbook Pro 15" A1398 with Retina Display 2 in 1 PURPLE Crystal See Thru Hard Case Cover and Keyboard Cover (LATEST VERSION / No DVD Drive / Release June 2012) + TopCase Mouse Pad
Offered by Top Case
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a glove, January 3, 2013
Purple color is a bit light, wouldn't choose it again. The keyboard cover fits very well but removed it after a while because it is slightly grippy and impedes quick typing. Easy to place on the computer, good access to all ports and does not impede the opening of the screen as other cases.

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 Limited Edition Artist Series - Persson
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 Limited Edition Artist Series - Persson
Offered by L and C online
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for young teens, January 3, 2013
Small mouse, good for small hands. No need to install drivers in our MacBook Pro. No connection drop outs and works on all surfaces. Great graphics.

Fujifilm BC-65N Battery Charger for NP-95
Fujifilm BC-65N Battery Charger for NP-95
Offered by Good As New Electronics
Price: $39.99
12 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for...., January 3, 2013
Yes, it's a bit expensive at 65.00 but it is an OEM Fuji product. It works exactly as expected and it is the same one that came with my X100. Yes it could be smaller and cheaper, but this should dissuade future buyers from purchasing this replacement product. I purchase Fuji replacement batteries and I would only consider charging them with a Fuji charger. They both will last much longer than the cheap Chinese no-name battery/ charger brands. In the past I have used the knock-off batteries with both my Canon camera and my Dell laptop and both died premature deaths. I love my X100 and would not chimp on the charger to charge my batteries because I don't want any problems with the camera since a replacement camera is much more expensive than either the Fuji batteries and charger would be to replace. BTW, the Fuji battery fits perfectly in the charger and it works as intended.

Whetstone Cutlery Single Vertical Sword Stand
Whetstone Cutlery Single Vertical Sword Stand
Offered by SS Discount Center
Price: $34.99
2 used & new from $34.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Conditionally OK, November 5, 2012
There are not that many options for a floor sword stand so I thought I'd take my chance with this one. Thinking the manufacturer may have improved the product after some of the negative reviews, I ordered the stand and was bummed out when it arrived without any hardware to assemble the product. Having red some of the other reviews, I located wood screws in my garage and drilled out the existing holes to prevent the very dried out wood from splitting when using the screws. (BTW, the wood used is some strange Chinese wood that has a strange smell while drilling and is somewhat irritating to the sinuses...but I digress). With the new screws and a bit of wood glue between the parts, I was quite happy with the stand. If it had included the screws and had a glossy black finish instead of the flat black, I would have given it more stars.

Beginner's Guide to Tube Audio Design
Beginner's Guide to Tube Audio Design
by Bruce Rozenblit
23 used & new from $19.80

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading title, February 4, 2012
This may be considered a "beginners guide" for tube audio design......if you have extensive electrical experience. As a rank beginner, I bought this book to help me understand amplifier design so I could better diagnose issues with my tube amplifiers. The first chapter, "What is a vacuum tube", was quite understandable and included a bit more info than I found on the internet. The book, however, went into overdrive for the remaining chapters, full of equations, electrical diagrams and charts that were not very well explained for a beginner. I recognize that things would get technical but I was hoping that as a beginner book there would be some explanation of things before it jumped in. I have experience reading simple wiring diagrams in order to repair small appliances and musical instruments. This book speaks a whole other language. I am sure someone with an solid foundation in electrical design would have no problem, but for the true beginner this book is far from useful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4