Profile for Steffan Piper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 438

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steffan Piper RSS Feed (Palm Desert, CA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Human Thermal Environments: The Effects of Hot, Moderate, and Cold Environments on Human Health, Comfort, and Performance, Third Edition
by K. C. Parsons
Price: $76.04
25 used & new from $60.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged textbook. Holy grail on the subject matter. Third Edition ..., October 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Complex text on thermal environments and human response. This text is heavily cited, niche in it's audience, but direct in message. As a layperson I found chapter 13: Thermal Comfort for Special Populations the most accessible.

The previous editions of this text are seen as the holy grail on the subject. If you're purchasing this for usability, the text is clear and in large enough font to distinguish. The book is hardbound and the paper is adequate. As a textbook, it has a rugged design and could withstand lots of usage.

40 pages of references. 15 pages of index.

Solid.

NOCO XGrid XGS9USB 9W Portable Solar Panel and USB/LED Flashlight Kit
NOCO XGrid XGS9USB 9W Portable Solar Panel and USB/LED Flashlight Kit
Offered by Internet-Sales
Price: $142.34
16 used & new from $140.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device for phones, wheelchairs, other USB powered toys ..., October 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I didn't know the best way to utilize this device until I threw it in the backseat of my car for awhile and then headed into Los Angeles about two hours away. Normally I just plug my cable into my USB / lighter socket, but I opted to put this through some paces.

I charged the panel on my dash for about an hour and a half for an initial charge. The battery is 3000 mah which is about enough energy to charge my Galaxy Note twice, or almost twice. That by itself should get 5 stars. I drive a 2006 Lexus RX330. These cars have abnormally large and deep dashboards, so there was more than enough room to spread out the panels and tuck it in the crevices so it wouldn't shift around. If it doesn't bother you to stare at it, then you're golden.

I could go back to using the USB charger in my car, but that's kind of useless as I'm not always in my car and I'm not always in a place or location that has a plug in for my charger. Restaurants and Ice Rinks are my usual locations, thus I'm usually out of luck in these locations. I use my phone a lot and having children tends to extend that usage as well.

My son loves the technology and it's a great conversation piece for little one, even with it's usefulness.

There is also a flashlight that comes with the panel, I've used it, but not often. it's bright but not that bright and I really didn't need the accessory at all. They could've let it off and lowered the price a bit, but no worries. It is what it is.

The device is water-repellent, but I wouldn't try submerging it anytime soon.

You can also use other voltage connectors, enabling 12V or 6V charging. This is a key feature as other electronics, perhaps larger items, like a wheelchair (?) might be one item that could benefit from this.

Safety 1st Store N Go with Back Booster Car Seat, Adventure
Safety 1st Store N Go with Back Booster Car Seat, Adventure
Price: $46.00
12 used & new from $46.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A little narrow, but not bad ..., October 15, 2014
First things first:

1. This product is being promoted as a booster seat with a back. But buyer be warned the seat and the design of this is very narrow. If your child is somewhat larger than normal, than this seat will likely not be the best purchase.

2. My son reported that the seat is comfortable and for sleeping and the pad for the rear-end is 'cushy'.

3. The drawer under the seat is pretty much unusable as older kids will find it impossible to open up when they're actually already in the seat. "Can you open the seat bucket for me!" is something I've been hearing as of late.

4. The little plastic arms are okay. Nothing great but nothing to complain about.

This is a decent seat for the money, a bit narrow, but not bad.

ECR4Kids MemoryStor Universal Rolling Organizer Set
ECR4Kids MemoryStor Universal Rolling Organizer Set
Price: $48.99
31 used & new from $40.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of pockets, water resistant, rolls smooth ..., October 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Sturdy, old school rolling organizer. This product has been dressed up a bit and given every pocket imaginable to improve versatility for that person that needs this kind of organizer with copies room for supplies. I'm currently using it for my son's model rocketry and it's solid, rolls, fits everything snugly and very water resistant.

These are nice if you like to organize.

Benson Mills Prego Waffleweave Fabric Tablecloth, White, 60-Inch-by-84-Inch
Benson Mills Prego Waffleweave Fabric Tablecloth, White, 60-Inch-by-84-Inch
Price: $21.24
2 used & new from $6.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Elegant, smooth and not as prone to snagging as I might have thought ..., October 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very elegant looking tablecloth. This has the immediate effect of something one might sit down to in a nice hotel restaurant. This particular tablecloth fit my dining table and also washed up nicely. I didn't experience the dramatic shrinkage that others have with this tablecloth, but I did wash in cold with a product called Soil Love and tide simultaneously. I also hang-dried it as well.

Not for everyday use, but very nice, indeed.

Grit Inc. HTSE Hockey Tower 33-Inch ''Chicago Blackhawks'' Hockey Bag HTSE-33-CH
Offered by Sports Unlimited®
Price: $159.95
2 used & new from $159.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and Essential ..., September 16, 2014
This is really a fantastic bag in every way. We graduated up to this bag after a year of playing on the Mites from the the 28" bag which was always a bit small.

After I purchased the Easton Mako M5 shoulder pads and pants, which fit like body armor on my 7 year old, the 28" tower was always overfull. This bag can handle larger pants, larger pads and organizes quicker and fits much more appropriately than trying to jam everything into a smaller space. My boy now takes his time and puts his gear away properly.

This bag is built tough and incredibly durable. The zippers don't snag or ever touch the ground, thus there is no wear. The stick fits nicely on the side (either side and can hold multiple sticks).

The back ventilation is a great idea as it's always giving ventilation. Every night we go through the same routine at home after Ice practice. Unzip, open and remove sweaty, wet under amour and socks. Everything else airs out perfectly in place.

Couldn't recommend this bag more.

Mackie CR4 4-Inch Creative Pair of Reference Multimedia Monitors
Mackie CR4 4-Inch Creative Pair of Reference Multimedia Monitors
Price: $149.99
5 used & new from $138.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for so much more than just gaming or computer monitors ..., August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I hooked these up to my HP Envy and with a table full of people and had a Minecraft party. These are some really great speakers.

The sound through these two speakers are quite amazing. They stand about a foot tall and produce a great quality low end sound as well as a really clear undistorted high-end tone as well. I turned the volume up really far, kind of worried, but they really pack a punch with both music and games and instruments.

I tested these speakers out on my home karaoke system just for the sake of curiosity and the result is incredible. You can belt your heart out and not hold back and you'll continuously get a strong clear tone without hitting any kind of peak.

I also tested these out with my sons KAT3 Electronic Drum kit. I had the set hooked up to a VOX Valvetronix amp, and while these speakers offer nowhere near the level of adjustable sound or range, they sound good enough for continued, everyday use.

These are great quality, they look good and preform like a champ. If you want something to put through heavy paces for everyday use, this is it.

Whalen Furniture WC-642 Steele Modern Managers Chair
Whalen Furniture WC-642 Steele Modern Managers Chair

5.0 out of 5 stars Ergonomic, less back pain, sturdy design ... very elegant ..., August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is probably the nicest office chair I've ever owned and I've owned many. I've purchased chairs that set me back almost $700 through the years that were not this comfortable.

1. The padding is very firm and has very nice push-back against your body. You won't likely experience much flattening, discomfort or even excessive heat.

2. I think these chairs are made for slimmer bodies in mind, so if you're a little challenged in that area, this might not be the chair for you. I'm 5 foot 11 inches tall and I weigh 170. I'm athletic and I fit nicely into the seat and have plenty of side room. I've had chairs that were definitely wider, and I suspect most are.

3. The back rest is very comfortable and the arms are well-placed, elegant and has a feel that is actually quite ergonomic. I have much less pain using this chair than my previous one.

Assembly:

4. This chair came in two rather large, well-packed boxes. One inside of a another. I had the chair assembled in about 45 minutes. I took my time and went very slow. Someone with a more rushed approach could likely complete the work in twenty minutes, no problem.

5. The build of the chair is sturdy. Made with good materials and will likely last a lifetime. There is nothing cheap or flimsy about the production of this.

6. The chair has a height adjustment which is smooth and easy to grab.

7. The wheels roll nicely on carpet, flat or thick. I have this in my office currently without the aid of a plastic roller pad. The wheels are sturdy and smooth.

Overall:

8. Highly recommended. I'm unlikely to ever part with this chair. Less back pain after many hours of sitting definitely makes me happy.

...

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Oversized 32 x 38" Jumbo Jenny Flour Sack Dishtowels, Set of 8, White
Price: $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for spills and cutting back on the paper towels .., August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
1. These are incredibly good for drying dishes if you're still washing by hand. They're thick enough to be absorbent, but still thin enough to not be bloated after just a few dishes.

2. I also found that they're good for quickly wiping up spills off the counter, which cut back on paper towel waste as well.

3. They rinse out nicely, are not particularly attached to staining ( a good thing) and are big enough to toss over your shoulder when moving quick.

I highly recommend these if you want to cut back on paper towels and be a little more thoughtful in the kitchen.

OXO Good Grips Butter Dish, White/Clear
OXO Good Grips Butter Dish, White/Clear
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't think of anyway to improve this design. Fantastic! ..., August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is easily the best butter dish I have ever owned.

Why?

Simple. The design is thoughtful and functional. I have several ceramic butter dishes that are always too heavy which always prompts me to worry about dropping the lid when I'm carrying it to the table.

The lid on this dish is clear plastic. It makes a tight fit and you can see exactly how much butter you have. You can also see through the lid onto the tray itself which shows portion marks. That's a fantastic idea and prompt for the little ones.

The base is nonslip and lightweight. Nothing clunky, nothing dangerous and fits perfectly in the top of the fridge door or on the table. I used to have to throw away the unused butter from my ceramic dish after a long night on the table as the old one never fit in the door. This is good for conserving and cutting down on waste.

I can't think of any way to improve this. Well done.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20