Profile for Steffan Piper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 420

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steffan Piper RSS Feed (Palm Desert, CA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Belkin Cinema Stripe Folio Case with Stand for Samsung Galaxy Note and Galaxy Tab Pro - 12.2 Inch (Black)
Price: $69.99
4 used & new from $62.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cover. Holds the Note snug, July 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Snug fit. Protective and cushy in the places where it needs to be. The edges come out just enough to help protect the device if you drop it, but don't lull yourself into a false sense of security with this sleeve as it isn't an otter box or one of those extreme use covers.

The materials are what you expect them to be and the look is crisp, clean and very elegant.

Great cover. Holds the Note snug. As expected.

Epson WorkForce DS-560 Document Scanner
Epson WorkForce DS-560 Document Scanner
Price: $379.00
20 used & new from $379.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Like Installing Windows 98. Wow. My eyes are burning., July 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wow. I was really put through my paces trying to set up WiFi through my Verizon Router, much like everyone has reported. I have a really hard time understanding how such a process to set up a wireless document scanner could ever make it off the early-stages of planning and development. Someone must've have REALLY dropped the ball NOT making this plug-n-play. I'm also betting that particular someone is already fired.

** Note directly to Epson -- You need to address this failing with your consumers who either register this device or call in ASAP.

In the past, I've used NEAT Scanners, Fujitsu Document Scanners and a few other off-name brands and pretty much across the board -- they've all been a plug and play / easy install.

This was anything but. I haven't seen an installation / troubleshooting process since maybe Windows 98 or even ME.

1. Installation process not simple nor easy.

2. I had to reconfigure my home router.

3. I had research the product online for set up and better install instructions -- before using.

* I usually have no problems doing research or troubleshooting a product to either make it better or preform smoother, but to make the product operate in a basic mode ... yeah, that's a problem.

4. Equally difficult installing the scanner on my Mac Mini. Probably more frustrating.

5. Once I got past the wireless scanning desire, the machine did work.

6. I wanted to place the scanner near the counter where I come in from outside and empty my pockets, and immediately scan all my receipts from the entire day. No this couldn't be achieved without removing a limb and making a pact with Satan. No thank you.

7. When I did scan documents, wired - not wireless, I was able to scan everything with no problem. Thin small receipts from the gas station, business cards, cash register receipts, everything. this process actually worked really good. I didn't experience the problems with the feeder that others did.

8. I utilized Evernote as my default save point.

9. I would've likely returned this scanner to the store had it been an outright purchase and not a Beta-test.

10. It's a shame, because this really is a nice looking scanner that does scan documents well. Like some Sony products however, the hardware is thwarted by the software portion making the thing immediately obsolete and troublesome for the standard consumer.

Final thought:

Epson needs to completely redesign the software portion of this device and offer customers either an apology, a notice to all registered buyers about a discount, and possibly even a buy back if they cannot deliver a better operating piece of software before years end.

Epson has made some great hardware with bundled and branded software in the past. This is far from that standard. What a shame.

littleBits Electronics Synth Kit
littleBits Electronics Synth Kit
Price: $159.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to electronics for young minds ..., July 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great product to introduce young minds to the world of Electronics. Having taken many electronics courses over the years and spent many hours soldering stuff together, whether it be to fix toys, broken house-hold gadgets, or just for fun, this device kick-starts the process for young ones to see rudimentary parts and begin assembly in order to create something that actually works and makes sound.

This is great for kids from 5 - 15, if they're curious.

However, this is not something that can be just handed off o the child with a "Here! Look what you got from Grandpa!" kind of thing. You have to interact with your child (gasp! Imagine that?!) and give your best explanation without wasting too much time talking and just put stuff together.

After a few hours, my son was messing around with this all by himself and yes -- creating things that made annoying sounds! Go figure. That's what kids love, so let them have it.

ASICS Men's Gel Fuji Trainer 3 Trail Running Shoe,Aluminum/Marigold/Methyl Blue,8.5 M US
Price: $80.73
9 used & new from $78.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ..., July 20, 2014
Continually an excellent shoe that fits, lightweight and looks good. I have bought several other pairs of these since.

Maxi Cosi Rodi AP Booster Car Seat, Steel Grey
Maxi Cosi Rodi AP Booster Car Seat, Steel Grey
Price: $159.99
7 used & new from $159.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good seat, comfortable, but NO LATCH ..., July 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
At first, I was a little put off that this booster seat had NO hooks to latch onto the usual car seat rings within the seat, making the seat little more secure. It also has no attachment behind the head for LATCH connection either. Coming from many other car seats in my other vehicles that all have these types of connectors to not having any, was a little disconcerting.

** If your child is not ready / heavy enough / old enough for a booster seat, this seat IS NOT for you. If your kid is ready to transition out of car seats / booster seats soon ... then this could be a good purchase.

However, the seat (as reported by my 7 year old) is "the most comfortable seat ever. I like it about four stars!" It is very comfortable and well padded. We've been road traveling for the last two weeks with this seat and it held up well, has a rugged build and strong enough cloth to put up with kid-style wear and tear.

The cushy headrest is a plus as it does help keep them from slouching forward if you install this seat semi-reclined or reclined.

Some people may not think highly of this seat as this brand, Maxi-Cosi, sell a seat that has equivalent safety equipment to all the basic GRACO seats -- but for several hundred dollars more. I suspect some parents purchase this brand thinking that it is somehow superior because of the price point, but it is not. It is just a car booster seat and this is just an inexpensive offering from the company to capture a portion of the GRACO market or the WalMart / Target set.

...

Gillette Fusion Proglide Silvertouch Manual Men's Razor With Flexball Handle Technology With 1 Razor Blade
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally ... a five blade razor that preforms ..., June 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Most five blade razors that I've used over the last few years since they've hit the market just couldn't provide a good shave and their biggest downfall was the strange amount of razor burn I always got after using one. I had first thought maybe you had to use a special shave cream, but that didn't work. Eventually, I gave up and went back to my Schick Quattro, which is an excellent razor and have stayed their ever since.

This razor has a pivoting head function that allows the razor much more variance as it crosses your face as you shave. It provided a smooth shave across the softer parts of my face and was able to follow my jaw line, chin and upper lip much better with its ability to pivot.

I will say, that with the lack of rigidity that comes during the manufacturing of a five blade razor, I'm still not seeing as close and consistent of a shave as I do with a four blade. I would like to give this five stars because of the improvement, but the shave still slightly lacks.

Swingline Metal Fashion Stapler, Full Strip, 20 Sheets, Chrome/Blue Accent (S7087830)
Price: $11.16
25 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good on my desk ..., May 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this because of the way it looked. C'mon, It's chrome, or at least it looks and behaves like chrome. It collects fingerprints but has that cold heavy touch that you only get from chrome. If it aint, I'm fooled.

Works nicely, needs little force when stapling due to the spring action and performs every time.

Great product. Swingline have been making staplers longer than I've been alive. Made in China? Yep.

Belkin 3-Feet Micro-USB Cable with Lightning Connector Adapter - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cable. Sturdy., May 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well manufactured and noticeably sturdier than other cables you can buy at the store. Materials matter when you're constantly plugging and unplugging devices and looking for a solid and fast charge or connection.

The silicone grabber is a good idea as it keeps the pieces together and avoids inadvertent loss.

Very glad I got ahold of one of these. I'll be pitching out a few of my old charging cables in lieu of this.

Cake Boss Basics Nonstick Bakeware 6-Piece Set
Cake Boss Basics Nonstick Bakeware 6-Piece Set
Price: $44.99
13 used & new from $44.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice quality ..., May 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Right away when unboxing these pans, you're confronted with the superior quality of the metal and build employed in this set. Other Cake Boss sets have a red-accent handle grip on all the pans, but somehow I feel these, without the red accent, are actually much better.

These pans cook nice, distribute heat evenly and wash quick. My cakes and muffins were golden brown and came right out of the pan without fuss. Older pans seems to preform less the older they get, thus if you haven't replaced your bake pans for awhile, this is definitely the way to go.

The only complaint I had was the absence of a loaf pan as we make different kinds of loaves here at the house on a frequent basis, far more than anything else as it goes. Other than that one small issue, these are some of the best bake pans I've used in years.

Tide Pods, Downy Fabric Softener,& Bounce Sheets Laundry Care Bundle Pack; Up to 70 Loads of Laundry
Price: $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tide is really the best their is ..., May 19, 2014
Tide Pods:

I always use two pods in the wash instead of the recommended one because I seem to deal with quite a variety of staining. I also like to sanitize my sheets and my whites and doubling up does a really nice job. I've been using pods or over a year now and I'm glad I switched over as it's less messy, more accurate and I actually get closer to the number on the outside of the container versus the liquid where I was only getting 25-30 loads before.

Fabric Softener:

While I've used fabric softener for years off and on, I had pretty much given up on it. I never really noticed a difference in my laundry as my area doesn't necessarily have hard water and I've held a firm belief that a lot of folks use fabric softener to mask odors that won't come out after a single, overloaded wash.

I like the pellet form that this comes in, and the small amount suggested, as I've been using it in the loads with my towels, works well. It's not overwhelming nor does it leave a greasy residue like other fabric softeners seem to do.

Bounce:

One per load, unless I'm drying bathroom floor mats. If you're not partial to fabric softener than bounce dryer sheets may be just enough for you.

Great product. Gets my clothes clean, bright, and not overly fragrant.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20