Profile for Steffan Piper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 434

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steffan Piper RSS Feed (Palm Desert, CA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Easton Mako M5 Junior Hockey Hockey Shoulder Pads
Easton Mako M5 Junior Hockey Hockey Shoulder Pads
Offered by Total Hockey
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gear for Mite and Squirt level ..., September 16, 2014
Fantastic. I purchased these for my 7 year old, 2nd year Mite player. We graduated out of the Bauer Vapor line of gear, which looked nice, but didn't really seem to provide good enough protection. These shoulder pads are more like a jacket and velcro on and off just so. You're getting an all around protective hug which also provide protection to the collarbone, which most youth pads don't provide.

If you're serious about Ice Hockey at the Mite level, this is really the gear to have.

Grit Inc. HTSE Hockey Tower 33-Inch ''Chicago Blackhawks'' Hockey Bag HTSE-33-CH
Offered by AmericanLivingOnline
Price: $159.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and Essential ..., September 16, 2014
This is really a fantastic bag in every way. We graduated up to this bag after a year of playing on the Mites from the the 28" bag which was always a bit small.

After I purchased the Easton Mako M5 shoulder pads and pants, which fit like body armor on my 7 year old, the 28" tower was always overfull. This bag can handle larger pants, larger pads and organizes quicker and fits much more appropriately than trying to jam everything into a smaller space. My boy now takes his time and puts his gear away properly.

This bag is built tough and incredibly durable. The zippers don't snag or ever touch the ground, thus there is no wear. The stick fits nicely on the side (either side and can hold multiple sticks).

The back ventilation is a great idea as it's always giving ventilation. Every night we go through the same routine at home after Ice practice. Unzip, open and remove sweaty, wet under amour and socks. Everything else airs out perfectly in place.

Couldn't recommend this bag more.

Mackie CR4 4-Inch Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors (Set of 2)
Mackie CR4 4-Inch Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors (Set of 2)
Price: $149.99
6 used & new from $138.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for so much more than just gaming or computer monitors ..., August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I hooked these up to my HP Envy and with a table full of people and had a Minecraft party. These are some really great speakers.

The sound through these two speakers are quite amazing. They stand about a foot tall and produce a great quality low end sound as well as a really clear undistorted high-end tone as well. I turned the volume up really far, kind of worried, but they really pack a punch with both music and games and instruments.

I tested these speakers out on my home karaoke system just for the sake of curiosity and the result is incredible. You can belt your heart out and not hold back and you'll continuously get a strong clear tone without hitting any kind of peak.

I also tested these out with my sons KAT3 Electronic Drum kit. I had the set hooked up to a VOX Valvetronix amp, and while these speakers offer nowhere near the level of adjustable sound or range, they sound good enough for continued, everyday use.

These are great quality, they look good and preform like a champ. If you want something to put through heavy paces for everyday use, this is it.

Whalen Furniture WC-642 Steele Modern Managers Chair
Whalen Furniture WC-642 Steele Modern Managers Chair
Price: $174.00
2 used & new from $174.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Ergonomic, less back pain, sturdy design ... very elegant ..., August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is probably the nicest office chair I've ever owned and I've owned many. I've purchased chairs that set me back almost $700 through the years that were not this comfortable.

1. The padding is very firm and has very nice push-back against your body. You won't likely experience much flattening, discomfort or even excessive heat.

2. I think these chairs are made for slimmer bodies in mind, so if you're a little challenged in that area, this might not be the chair for you. I'm 5 foot 11 inches tall and I weigh 170. I'm athletic and I fit nicely into the seat and have plenty of side room. I've had chairs that were definitely wider, and I suspect most are.

3. The back rest is very comfortable and the arms are well-placed, elegant and has a feel that is actually quite ergonomic. I have much less pain using this chair than my previous one.

Assembly:

4. This chair came in two rather large, well-packed boxes. One inside of a another. I had the chair assembled in about 45 minutes. I took my time and went very slow. Someone with a more rushed approach could likely complete the work in twenty minutes, no problem.

5. The build of the chair is sturdy. Made with good materials and will likely last a lifetime. There is nothing cheap or flimsy about the production of this.

6. The chair has a height adjustment which is smooth and easy to grab.

7. The wheels roll nicely on carpet, flat or thick. I have this in my office currently without the aid of a plastic roller pad. The wheels are sturdy and smooth.

Overall:

8. Highly recommended. I'm unlikely to ever part with this chair. Less back pain after many hours of sitting definitely makes me happy.

...

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Oversized 32 x 38" Jumbo Jenny Flour Sack Dishtowels, Set of 8, White
Price: $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for spills and cutting back on the paper towels .., August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
1. These are incredibly good for drying dishes if you're still washing by hand. They're thick enough to be absorbent, but still thin enough to not be bloated after just a few dishes.

2. I also found that they're good for quickly wiping up spills off the counter, which cut back on paper towel waste as well.

3. They rinse out nicely, are not particularly attached to staining ( a good thing) and are big enough to toss over your shoulder when moving quick.

I highly recommend these if you want to cut back on paper towels and be a little more thoughtful in the kitchen.

OXO Good Grips Butter Dish, White/Clear
OXO Good Grips Butter Dish, White/Clear
Price: $14.15
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't think of anyway to improve this design. Fantastic! ..., August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is easily the best butter dish I have ever owned.

Why?

Simple. The design is thoughtful and functional. I have several ceramic butter dishes that are always too heavy which always prompts me to worry about dropping the lid when I'm carrying it to the table.

The lid on this dish is clear plastic. It makes a tight fit and you can see exactly how much butter you have. You can also see through the lid onto the tray itself which shows portion marks. That's a fantastic idea and prompt for the little ones.

The base is nonslip and lightweight. Nothing clunky, nothing dangerous and fits perfectly in the top of the fridge door or on the table. I used to have to throw away the unused butter from my ceramic dish after a long night on the table as the old one never fit in the door. This is good for conserving and cutting down on waste.

I can't think of any way to improve this. Well done.

Tattle Tea Earl Grey Black Tea, 5 Ounce
Tattle Tea Earl Grey Black Tea, 5 Ounce
Price: $13.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong, semi-flavorful, gentle ..., August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If this is your first loose leaf tea and you're already a lover of Earl Grey, then you're likely going to find satisfaction with this tea.

Taste:

This tea is very smooth, not very tannic and doesn't require a large amount to craft a well-brewed pot. They say a teaspoon and half on the pack, but I would go with a teaspoon. Use the hottest water possible when brewing. This tea has been heavily infused with a very potent strain of Italian Bergamot, therefore, they hot really brings the aroma all the way out.

Comparison:

If you're like me and you've been drinking Twinning's for years and you've been disappointed for the last two because of their product change and lessening quality, then this tea may or may not quell you. It's going to be 50/50 here. Why? Because while the tea is good, it's not incredibly great or standout quality. It has some dull undertones to it that just don't bring what a serious tea-drinker may be looking for.

Overall:

I'm a fan of the bag, because clearly the label is really targeting new tea drinkers or new tea drinkers who are experimenting with loose leaf. For me, loose leaf is really the only way to go unless camping or traveling. This brings a good cup to the table but a definite stones throw from the best, which is actually pretty far in the world of loose leaf tea.

I recommend it, but not something I'm likely to keep around forever.

YogaAddict Yoga Socks and Gloves Set, For Any Type of Yoga and Pilates
YogaAddict Yoga Socks and Gloves Set, For Any Type of Yoga and Pilates

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for children. Great for me. Good to machine wash., August 26, 2014
I've been a yoga practitioner since 2001, and I'm one of those people that do yoga mostly at home in front of my television watching that Rodney Yi guy form all those Gaiam videos. Yep. People like me exist.

Most of time I'll work through my routine which takes about and hour and twenty minutes and I often do go through it on the cold air-conditioned tile of my front room floor with the patio door open. I'm a big person and I often overstep or come off of my mat and I'm constantly adjusting my body to either stay on the mat or get back on it.

This is the benefit of these gloves and socks.

With these gloves and socks, if you come off the mat, it's no big deal at all. No need to worry about readjusting. Just do your yoga.

They wash well and I've washed them now both with detergent, and again without, to see how well they stay together. I don't think they should ever see the inside of a dryer, but that's just me. I think the dots might get too hot and possibly melt. I just tossed them on my laundry room counter and everything was fine.

These gloves are especially good for children. If your kids do yoga, they'll love them and get a kick out of the traction and wearing them. I do yoga a lot with my 7 year old son and he wears them all the time now. These help when you have to bend into an upward wheel or bow pose (or whatever you might be calling it these days) and help quite a bit with the little ones with the more difficult poses.

Excellent product. Glad I have these now.

Mudder® Mini LED Light Portable Pocket Spotlight for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, LG, Motorola, HTC, Nokia, Cell Phones and Tablets Camera Video Light (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple. Easy. Bright., August 26, 2014
Very simple to install and use. Fits nicely on the bracket provided and works with my phone without any issues. Very bright.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2014 12:01 PM PDT

Summer Infant Woodberry Grow With Me 4-in-1 Convertible Crib with Simple Adjust, Mocha
Price: $355.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes a wonderful Sleigh Bed ..., July 30, 2014
Shipping:

This crib came quickly from Amazon and was handled well by UPS. I was a little concerned that this might've been handed off to that USPS SmartPost, but thankfully it wasn't. This is a very heavy box, thus if you're going upstairs you're going to need two people. Otherwise, you'll be making multiple trips with all the pieces.

The box is well-packaged, but the drawback here is that this generates A LOT of Styrofoam garbage and which takes time to properly clean up.

Assembly:

I had the crib together in about 40 minutes. It's rather simple and the design of it follows the same kind of process one might find with IKEA products that you have to put together. It's spelled out very clearly. They provide all the tools, screws, washers, etc. It's all clearly labeled and easy enough for an child to put together (well, almost).

As a curiosity, I decided to convert the crib, after I had it up, to a full bed, which the headboard is perfectly suited for. That took just under twenty minutes to achieve this from the crib configuration. If you have one of those metal twin bed frame supports and they have BOTH the head and feet brackets, then you'll be able to connect both the headboard and the footboard.

The metal frame specific for this configuration, of course, is sold separately. My frame only had the brackets for headboard connection, but it was a metal frame I had owned previously. Having just the headboard still provides a very sturdy and attractive bed.

The only drawback was that I had wished that the wood was just a tad thicker. That would've definitely affected the weight of the overall box, but it's a very minor point.

Fit & Finish:

The wood is actually quite nice. It's real wood, not laminate and fits together snug. It's make a beautiful crib and a really sharp looking sleigh bed.

Highly recommended.