Profile for Nicoli Spicoli > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 74

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nicoli Spicoli RSS Feed (California, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Voyeur Extraordinaire
Voyeur Extraordinaire

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for part two!, September 28, 2014
I went into this one kinda blind, not remembering the blurb when I snagged it on Amazon. I was pleasantly surprised by this one!

I really liked the heroine, even if she did act a little slow in the relationship department. We don't know exactly whys she's so closed off. She got pawned off on a guy back in high school after the guy she likes hooks up with her bestie instead of her. She makes out with 2nd choice and gets badly groped and then isn't interested in men for the next 3-4 years? Huh. Even though I had a little trouble with that, I loved the rest! I love how she discovers the neighbor across the way and how she watches him, it's obviously hot. Then when he watches her watching him? Yes, please! From there on the story was a win for me! I won't throw out any spoilers, but there's a major bump in the road that makes it even better.

I will say that I didn't realize it was a book one and I wasn't expecting a cliffhanger at all! I was completely engrossed and boom, done. I was disappointed to see that the second part doesn't have a release date, just says publishing in 2015. Here's hoping it's early 2015, which still seems too far away. When books are shorter and have cliffhangers aka serials, I like them to be a little closer together. But I thought it was great and will definitely be getting the second one when it comes out.

Transit Girl
Transit Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Love!, July 10, 2014
This review is from: Transit Girl (Kindle Edition)
4 to 4.5 stars

I really liked this book. I loved Guils, she was a great character! While the plot isn't crazy original, it's still a great one. Guils is a traffic reports for a local NYC new channel. She suddenly discovers that her fiance of 10 years is having an affair with his assistant. She makes the very wise decision to leave him and move on with her life. But first, a drunken night out that leads to a karaoke hot mess of Blurred Lines at Tortilla Flats that is splashed on the gossip blogs.

The misadventures of her dating life are pretty hilarious. I love that this book feels like a NYC travel dating guide. She dates different types of men while writing an article for a NY blog. I knew from the second she met Bantering Ben that he would be the ultimate love interest of this book and I was okay with that. The hilarious scenes in between made it worth it. Overall, LOVE.

My heart shattered for her when she had to give up her dog Zelda to that jerkface! He didn't even give a crap about that dog and it was her baby. I was really hoping that at some point, she would have some interaction with her and he would give her dog back. She had to move out of her home and he was the one in the wrong. I hate that he never admitted after 10 years that he really f-ed her over. Oh well, I guess she had to start over completely.

Legal Briefs (Lawyers in Love Book 3)
Legal Briefs (Lawyers in Love Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this series!!, April 22, 2014
I was lucky enough to be a beta reader for this one and finally finished!!

I wish I worked in a law firm/environment like any of the characters in the Legal Briefs series, sadly I do not. It’s all business over here, whomp whoooomp. I LOVE this author. I have expressed this before, but I really do, no smoke blowing here, she’s fantastic. Maybe it’s what she’s done professionally all her life, but she is an excellent writer and oh so funny! When I’m reading her books, I feel like I’m talking to my girlfriends and we’re involved with whatever shenanigans this gang is up to.

Adam and Lily are the perfect kind of book couple for me, I love fighters turned lovers. If you read the first two books in this series (And I seriously suggest you do. Seriously. If you are reading this review before reading those, please read those first!), you will read more of the banter between these two and really get a feel for their history.

I love that Adam and Lily’s story isn’t rushed, it unfolds over a period of time that makes sense, especially given their history. Yeah, they could have hopped right into bed and the author could have had them proclaim their love for each other after years of knowing one another, but she didn’t and I am grateful for that. I read a lot, pretty much a book every other day, so I’ve seen about every romantic storyline and plot that I could imagine. To me, there is nothing worse than being introduced to a couple who fall into bed and are suddenly saying I love you one day into the relationship, that just isn’t realistic, no matter how long you’ve known each other. They were fighters turned friends turned lovers. There is angst, but just enough.

I love this group of friends, aside from the super hot sexy time scenes, there is nothing better than when they are all together getting into some crazy s***. There is a backstory of mystery, but it definitely takes backseat to Adam and Lily’s story.

What I love more than anything about Silber’s books is her ability to have me smiling the whole time without me even realizing it. I read books like this to temporarily live in another world, to relax after I’ve gotten off work, completed my mom duties and put a sassy little two-year-old to bed. I want, no, need the books I read to give me something really good. I need them to pull me out of a crappy day, turn my brain on to something else for awhile or just make me smile because who doesn’t love smiling?!

The Alphabet Game: Part One - A to E (The Alpha Series) (Volume 1)
The Alphabet Game: Part One - A to E (The Alpha Series) (Volume 1)
by Andie M Long
Price: $6.71
13 used & new from $5.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Waiting for F!, March 25, 2014
Received comp copy for honest review.

Pleasantly surprised by this one, a solid 4 stars. Can't wait to read the next book in the series. Though I know we still have a lot to learn about Stella and Gabe, this was a solid introduction. It was a little too short for me, but I'm hoping there isn't much space between each installment. I recently read a serial where the installments were released every two weeks. Let's hope that the case here!

I'm not sure what Gabe's reason for playing this game is. Could be because something has happened in the past that doesn't allow him to think he can have something serious. However, he sought Stella out knowing she had a plot. Obviously, Gabe has an agenda too. It happened a little suddenly, her first day of employment, but that didn't make it any less hot. Looking forward to what "F" and beyond brings!

Revenge #1
Revenge #1
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting plot, can't wait for second installment, February 15, 2014
This review is from: Revenge #1 (Kindle Edition)
I was provided an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Dang it! The author knows just when to cut us off like a buncha junkies! I definitely need to know where Jess goes with Brandon and what the heck is gonna happen next.

The plot is so strange! It seems like your typical sweet girl moving to the big city, but once she starts at Morris Music, weird stuff starts going down. They want to use Jess to get to Brandon, but she isn't in the know enough to get what is required of her. Also, at this point in the story, she seems to genuinely like him. She seems more motivated by getting to know him rather than doing her job, whatever that really is. I don't blame her, her company seems really strange so far.

We shall see what the next installment holds. Damn cliffhangers, they hurt so good!!

Archer's Voice
Archer's Voice

5.0 out of 5 stars so amazing., February 13, 2014
This review is from: Archer's Voice (Kindle Edition)
I really don't know what to add to all the amazing 5-star reviews out there. This book is way beyond 5 stars for me.

Bottom line is that this book is amazing. Archer is one of, if not THE most well written character I have ever read. I love him. I wanted to marry him and have a million babies. I want to improve my sign language skills right this minute.

Anyone who has read a book in this genre has read a story of two damaged people find something in eachother to become happy and healthy again. To me, this story goes beyond that. It's not even the storyline/plot, which is slightly far fetched. It's the characters and their deep, incredibly deep connection. It's the writing and the author's ability to really tell me the story of these two people.

I love, love, loved it.

Weak for Him (Weakness Book 1)
Weak for Him (Weakness Book 1)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the second book, February 6, 2014
I loved this book!

Not sure where to start on this review. Yes, this book was definitely far outta left field and unrealistic. No, that did not change my opinion that I could not put it down. It seemed like a fairly short read, I read it in a couple hours.

I really liked Jennifer, but sometimes she just went nuts. One second she's very much the sweet untainted girl from Texas and then BOOM, dirty talk, sex crazed maniac dry-humping every wall she passes!! Obviously the plot couldn't be further from realistic, how it played out anyway. I mean, I get doing something crazy because you're running away from your life full of pain. But taking a job as a high priced call girl auctioning off your virginity the day after you arrive in a new town? Unlikely. That said, who cares, it was fantastic! I loved watching her trainwreck of a life come to fruition.

I LOVED Finnley. He's every bit the damaged, dominant hero I hoped he would be. He could be a real prick and a tad creepster, but he was irrestible. I'd venture to say I liked him more than her and not for obvious reasons.

Bottom line, I loved this book. It did have some situations that I didn't care for. The ending also felt super rushed, but since there's another, I won't be too critical of that. I can't wait to read the next one, hope it's not too far behind this one.

Never Close Enough (The Never Series Book 1)
Never Close Enough (The Never Series Book 1)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Will read the second one despite my low rating, February 5, 2014
On the fence, leaning towards 3.5 stars. I will read the second book though to see what happens.

**Spoilers ahead**

I liked this book, I did, I just had a very hard time taking it all in on the timeline given to me. Can this happen in a week? No. I stand firm in my decision that it cannot. Love at first sight? Okay, but this goes WAY above and beyond that.

Ella gets cheated on by her boyfriend of 4 years the day they are scheduled to go to a beachhouse for a romantic week away to reconnect. She goes alone after finding him with a gumby-slut (that was hilarious). She has a little trouble on the way and thats how we meet hottie Porter. I understand her not really feeling much after finding Kevin cheating on her. When relationships are in that much trouble, it's not uncommon to feel more "Good Riddance" than anything. Anyway, that said, she immediately is in deep with Porter. In the span of a week, there is I love you and all that jazz. After their week of bliss, they have to part because she lives two hours away, where she runs a boutique. Neither of them is in a place to up and leave their current situations to be with the other.

Ella returns home to find Kevin still in her home after she tells him to leave. He is set on making them work, she tells him no go, get out. He refuses and suddenly, despite never having been physical with her, he assaults her. She leaves to her store where she calls Porter and waits for him to arrive. Someone starts banging on the door- PAUSE. Is her boutique the only one in the world that doesn't have some sort of window? She swings the door open to be asked by what appears to be a homeless man who asks for food and/or money. She doesn't have any, so she says sorry, no. Then he proceeds to shoot her, yup, shoot her. It annoys the life out of me that she opened the door. I don't get it. At all. I get opening a front door when you're waiting for someone and you think it's them. But a store after hours? Okayyyyyyy.

Anyway, she is shot and in a coma for a while. Cut to the chase. She wakes up from said coma doesnt remember breaking up with the jerk or getting a new love of her life a week back. We end with him opening a letter professing her love to him (she wrote this that day she had to return home). The letter says that if he opened it, she's slipped away and to come get her. Obviously, she was not talking about her injury, but had previously told him to open it if he really, really missed her.

The End. Welcome to the Cliffhanger Hotel.

After writing this review, I want to take a star away. And I did.

All that said, I will read the second book to figure out what the heck happens to them. I wish I didn't care that much...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2014 12:09 PM PDT

Anonymous
Anonymous

5.0 out of 5 stars Unconvential, but a fantastic story, January 31, 2014
This review is from: Anonymous (Kindle Edition)
**I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review**

Definitely not what I was expecting, but I loved it! 4.5 stars!

Rehab seems to be the most unconvential place for two people to meet and start a love story. But I also feel like its very realistic. People spiral into addiction for all sorts of reasons. Why can't two people who are in difficult situations find eachother and be eachothers' anchors?

I focused less on the unexpected and more on the heartfelt connection of Hart and Elle. Elle is in rehab because she has turned to addiction to cope with a tragedy for which she blames herself. Hart is in rehab because it's the only stability he knows, his struggle has been lifelong.

You can tell these two characters are both good people, so you desperately want them to find happiness. Most therapists would likely tell two addicts fresh out of rehab to stay far away from eachother. Well, it's fiction so I want Elle and Hart to get as close as possible, lol.

There parts of the plot that are very far fetched, but they bind this story together. If it was written differently, it would be a completely different book, so I wouldn't change them.

The story is very well written and the characters are likeable despite their struggles. Addiction is a very dark and hopeless situation. I like to think this story is possible and that two people can come out the other side happy and maintain healthy "normal" lives.

Just For Now (Escape to New Zealand Book 3)
Just For Now (Escape to New Zealand Book 3)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute HEA, but read the glossary at the end FIRST!, January 4, 2014
I really liked this book, but I wish more than anything that the New Zealand translation gallery had been at the beginning of the book and not the end. That glossary is at least 10 pages which gives you an idea about how much you need it. Obviously a lot of words are ways to figure out, others, not so much. I did a lot of googling, lol, but it's as worth it.

I also didn't know this was the 3rd book in the series until I came to rate it, but I understand it's fine as a stand alone.

Very sweet, likeable characters. A teddy poo vanilla, but still a sweet HEA story.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8