Profile for Derek Vincent > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Derek Vincent RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Brother  EH-L2270DW Refurbished Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer
Brother EH-L2270DW Refurbished Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer
Price: $117.49
9 used & new from $104.50

2.0 out of 5 stars the envelopes consistently printed at an angle and resulted in the waste of more than half of the envelopes I attempted ..., January 9, 2015
This printer worked very well for printing documents, but I had a serious problem printing envelopes. I followed the user manual and contacted Brother Tech Support and walked through the problem with them. Ultimately, the envelopes consistently printed at an angle and resulted in the waste of more than half of the envelopes I attempted to print. I used it for about a week before sending it back. I like the Brother brand and will try a different model, but I'd avoid this one unless you're only going to be feeding documents directly from the paper tray.

Timberland Men's Radler Approach Low Leather Sneaker,Brown,9.5 M US
Timberland Men's Radler Approach Low Leather Sneaker,Brown,9.5 M US

2.0 out of 5 stars Timberland is not what it used to be..., November 17, 2014
I have really liked Timberland shoes over the last 15-20 years. I have had other pairs that lasted so long and were so comfortable that I hated to see them go. The look and fit of these shoes were great but not long after owning them part of the sole came off and they began to leak even when walking through mildly wet grass. This also happened with another pair of 'Timberland Pro' shoes. Like so many other companies it seems Timberland has gradually lessened their quality as their manufacturing all moved overseas. I didn't return these shoes and they have lasted a couple years now, but I'm sadly done with Timberland as it's just not worth the inconsistency in quality.

Audio Technica ATHFW3BK On-Ear Headphones, Black
Audio Technica ATHFW3BK On-Ear Headphones, Black
Offered by Costa Abode
Price: $25.09
4 used & new from $25.09

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent lightweight headphones, November 17, 2014
background... I have 5,600 hand picked songs in my library - 219 are in a list for being very high quality when using AKG K550's. I used that list when testing these Audio Technica headphones which rate 5 stars with me because they deliver as much as I believe possible for any headphone of this size and price. They are very comfortable and compact for travel. I would prefer an L-shaped jack and wouldn't mind another foot of cord, but even without these pluses they are still an excellent little set of headphones.

CET Poultry Toothpaste, 70 gm
CET Poultry Toothpaste, 70 gm
Price: $9.99
20 used & new from $3.64

5.0 out of 5 stars It seems to do a good job at controlling stains and tartar, November 17, 2014
I've used this product for years. My dog is a 60lb aussie mix going on 15 and her teeth are doing well. I use this weekly with a normal toothbrush followed by an electric toothbrush (my dog is very patient). It seems to do a good job at controlling stains and tartar. She also has pretty tolerable breath for a dog of her age. I think the poultry flavor helps as she has been more resistant with other types of pet toothpaste I've tried.

Mating Intelligence Unleashed: The Role of the Mind in Sex, Dating, and Love
Mating Intelligence Unleashed: The Role of the Mind in Sex, Dating, and Love
by Scott Barry Kaufman
Price: $21.84
46 used & new from $14.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for the laymen, August 5, 2013
The description of this book led me to believe that this book would be insightful and helpful both in dating and relationships. What I found instead is that it reads like a modified thesis. That is, it is basically and endless string of data and statistics that may be interesting to a professional or academic, but to a casual reader it truly lacks day to day useful advice or information. However, if your goal is to date a statistician or psychologist than this would make for good (though insanely dry) table talk.

Audio Technica ATH-FW33 FashionFidelity BIJOUÉ On-ear Headphones, Brown
Audio Technica ATH-FW33 FashionFidelity BIJOUÉ On-ear Headphones, Brown
Offered by Fat Cat Deals
Price: $23.95
6 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Portable Headphones, March 19, 2013
I've bought two sets of these and really like them. They are very comfortable and light and they fold flat for easy travel. I lean towards Audio-Technica for their sound quality and these are no exception. They are not bass heavy and have excellent overall sound rivaling the coveted but no longer available Sennheiser PX100's. I definitely like the L shaped jack to reduce cord wear but would like an extra foot of cord length. There is a little bit of sound leakage but not bad at all even at high volumes.

Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
Offered by DataVision Computer Video
Price: $27.99

1.0 out of 5 stars poor sound quality / poor fit, March 19, 2013
Based on all the good reviews I have to consider that I received an anomaly, but that's doubtful. The fit was very loose and any touching of the volume adjustment caused the right earbud to either fall out or need to be readjusted. The sound was very muffled though passable if I set the equalizer to 'treble boost'. There only plus was the increased functionality of the mic / volume control but not enough to justify the poor sound quality.

Survivor HK-106320 Outdoor Fixed Blade Knife 7 Overall WITH FIRE STARTER
Survivor HK-106320 Outdoor Fixed Blade Knife 7 Overall WITH FIRE STARTER
Price: $7.76
25 used & new from $6.24

4.0 out of 5 stars nice sturdy knife, March 5, 2013
I really like this little knife. It's one piece construction makes it feel really sturdy and the addition of the fire starter is great. I've given it 4 stars because, as a previous reviewer mentioned, the sheath is likely to wear through at the bottom. I took the sheath to a shoe repair store and had them add extra stitching to the edges which will likely solve the problem with my total investment being about $13 for the knife and sewing - hard to beat...

SanDisk Ultra II SDHC 4GB SD Memory Card (SDSDRH-004G-A11, US Retail Package)
SanDisk Ultra II SDHC 4GB SD Memory Card (SDSDRH-004G-A11, US Retail Package)
Offered by eTECH
Price: $8.79
14 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Card - Good Price, March 5, 2013
I'm giving this 5 stars as I've never had Sandisk memory give me any troubles at all. The card is well made and functions as intended, that is, reads and writes just fine.

Telarc Sacd Sampler: Absolute Sound
Telarc Sacd Sampler: Absolute Sound
2 used & new from $29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars curious mix, March 5, 2013
I should have reviewed the tracks better prior to purchasing. I have an extremely broad ranging music collection and made the mistake of thinking that the makers of the cd wouldn't bother to put a collection like this together with somewhat wider appeal. I only added three of the tracks to my music collection. The rest are, in my opinion, obscure choices and lack appeal. Perhaps to an absolute classical music aficionado this might have appeal, otherwise I wouldn't bother - at the very least review the tracks before you buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4