Profile for V. Maluh > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

V. Maluh "vinn" RSS Feed (East Lansing, MI, USA)

Citizen Men's JY0010-50E Eco-Drive "Skyhawk A-T" Titanium Watch
Citizen Men's JY0010-50E Eco-Drive "Skyhawk A-T" Titanium Watch
Price: $671.25
20 used & new from $637.69

4.0 out of 5 stars An almost immaculate watch if not for these few issues, August 14, 2010
I had been looking for a watch that needed no maintenance and had great looks and features, at the same time not super expensive. Citizen Skyhawk A-T Titanium does a great job at all of those. The watch is beautiful and has a solid feel to it. The titanium version costs about $250 more than the stainless steel version. For people with skinnier wrists, the wearing comfort is well worth the extra money. Unlike some watches which offer to store telephone numbers and so on, this watch does one thing really great and that is to show time.

Much so that I like this watch, there are a few things that citizen ignored which disappointed me. Although most of them have already been pointed out by other reviewers, I figured I will add the things that I noticed which I didn't find in other reviews.

1) When you look at the watch in total darkness especially when its sitting on a table, its hard to figure out the 12 o clock position because all the positions are made alike. I have seen $50 watches which make the 12 position bigger. I have no clue why this was done so.

2) At first glance, the watch looks like its loaded with all sorts of dials but after closer look, its apparent that most of the dials were not necessary. They could have saved some real-estate and made space for other useful displays like having analog date for the analog time and so on, because currently, if you set the home time zone different from world time zone, the date is only shown for one of them and not both. Also, they could have had a mode where the digital display would show the time and day-date together.

3) For a watch with an everlasting battery, it would have been good if they had made the LED back-light for the whole dial. This would have been especially helpful to change the mode in the night since it involves rotating the crown.

I am a little disappointed that citizen missed these things. I would have paid more just to have these features. Other than that, I would say this watch is as close to perfection as you can get for the price.

Finally, my advice to prospective buyers is to go to a jewelery store and try on both the titanium and stainless steel versions before purchasing.