Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Beauty Videos Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Profile for Abomination to god > Reviews

Abomination to god's Profile

Customer Reviews: 117

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Abomination to god "A dying god coming into human flesh" RSS Feed (Folsom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Winds of Creation
Winds of Creation
6 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, November 3, 2007
This review is from: Winds of Creation (Audio CD)
Everyone knows how great this band and album really are. Im just writing this in a sad moment as Vitek died yesterday at 23 from injuries he suffered during a bus accident. My thoughts go out to his band, his family and the metal community as we lose a young legend.

Vitek, the metalheads salute you \m/ RIP
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2007 2:50 PM PST
Offered by 3Finnz
Price: $9.87
127 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Then you wonder why hip hop is dead, November 3, 2007
This review is from: (Audio CD)
So yesterday, my neighbor was blasting this album so loud, I literally had to call the cops complaining about the noise, I dont have a problem with people playing loud music, but when its 1A.M and he was playing this trash. I am so sick and tired of snap, crunk and southern rap, face it, crunk is not destined to be a classic genre within rap. This is the snap formula

a. Cheesy beats
b. A dumb phrase
c. a horrible dance

There is a reason I don't bother listening to the radio or watching music videos, its just trendy music that will be forgotten in a month.

How much do I miss NWA, 2pac, Biggie, and old school rap, now I would be ashamed getting caught listening to this.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2011 10:06 AM PDT

With Oden on Our Side
With Oden on Our Side
Price: $11.99
71 used & new from $4.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Some godly death metal, September 4, 2007
This review is from: With Oden on Our Side (Audio CD)
This quite possibly has risen to be one of my favorite albums that I own and I literally listen to this album and band pretty much every day and they just don't seem to grow old, everyday I become a bigger fan of Amon Amarth.

With Oden On Our Side combines great melodic, violent and sometimes ambient from Amon Amarth. Most of the songs are based on Norse mythology and brutal songs of murder and war. Johan Hegg has a very brutal growl but his vocals are easy to decipher than other death metal vocals. Olavi Mikkonan and Johan deliver some great melodic riffs and better solos on this one. Fredrik Andersson does not go overboard with the double bass but there is plenty of well mathed use of it and Ted Lundstom has good bass-lines.

My favorite songs are Cry of the Blackbirds(reason enough to get this album) Runes to my Memory, Valhall Awaits me, With oden on our side, Gods of war Arise, Prediction of Warfare and Under the Northern Star.

Get this album.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2007 9:27 PM PST

Xecutioner's Return
Xecutioner's Return
Offered by Speedy CD
Price: $11.99
42 used & new from $0.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put this album down, August 28, 2007
This review is from: Xecutioner's Return (Audio CD)
Obituary is possibly my favorite deah metal band and now they return with this album that can be placed among the best in Obituary's catalog. The songs are as brutal than aways and the production actally sounds more crisp. Ralph Santolla and Trevor Peres are a great guitar duo and have some brutal riffs and great solos. Donald Tardy double bass seems to get faster and better every time I listen to them. James Tardy is such a phenomenol death metal vocalist, which makes you wonder how can he do that type of growl. Frank Watkins bass actually sounds better this time. So far I can't be able to find my favorite track because they all sound good. If you are into death metal(or metal at all) get this album now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2007 12:58 PM PDT

The Black Parade
The Black Parade
Price: $5.99
140 used & new from $0.42

1.0 out of 5 stars Why are people giving this album five stars, August 25, 2007
This review is from: The Black Parade (Audio CD)
Why do people talk a big game on this pile of puke. I'd call this garbage, but that would be an insult to real garbage. The music is basically written in the generic "Look we have passion and real emotion" but that really means that we tried to write an album but we just can't escape the generic lyrics our fans want to get shoved down their throats. I have looked at the lyrics to this album and really find it amusing that people think they have talent(which they really don't) and they can play better than many bands. "But they have solos now" they add, but they are not too impressive and basically novice like. Overall, I hope emo fades soon, but the good thing I'm starting yo see a decline in the popularity of emo and soon it will all end.
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2012 12:24 AM PDT

American Idol Greatest Moments
American Idol Greatest Moments
Offered by IMS Distribution
Price: $7.35
155 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Glorified karaoke, April 9, 2007
Well, why do I sometimes waste my time criticizing? Is it cuz I have a hair trigger patience? I'm bored and have nothing better to do with my time? Well being frank, somethings are not great in my eyes yet I see people just going ga-ga over some tripe.

Well today I present the biggest abomination of them all, and it's name is American Idol. There are some reasons why I'm not much of a fan of the show and the reasons are as follows.

1-No credible musical acts.

What can I say about a show that criticizes people of being fat, ugly, untalented, and having mental or physical problems, then making fun of them behind their backs. It maybe funny, but these are people in their 40's and are only really interested in a "product" that they can market and sell in magazines, TV, and album covers and many times they are bias because they want to invest in looks that could be sold to the masses.

2- No real artistic choices.

Don't kid yourselves, these kids can't really sing, write a song or play an instrument. Once you sign on to the show the show, label own you for years or until they toss you out like garbage. the singers technically sign away all the write leave everything on the bigwigs hands, from hiring people to write songs, pay royalties when the first rapid produced song and album appears and the record has to be saturated with other people's records and having to have other write songs only because these songs are "hot" and could move the product to the public.

3-People vote, but does it really matter?

Welcome to the cookie cutter show. The producers of the show have an interests who wins because they are dibbing up the cash and want someone that really is eye candy, not really a voice. Notice, how sometimes they say that you sing good but you might want to lose ten pounds or we might turn on you and next week have you kicked out of the show, or you will not sell albums looking like that.

Another one is is you don't change your musical style you will lose, especially on the ones remotely rock sounding. Pop music princess or country really is not my liking of music yet it is what according to them sells.

In conclusion, this is just a popularity contest, the pretty one who can remotely sing wins and takes all. My type of IDOL? NO!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2007 8:03 AM PDT

66 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars YAWN!!!, April 4, 2007
This review is from: Hours (Audio CD)
This is basically another emocore tripe that tries too hard to be punk and metal and it still fails miserably. There really is at best four or five metalcore bands that I like ,but this can't even compare, boring riffs, unimpressive "solos", hack bassist, and a drummer that can't even get his beats right. The lyrics are just whiny and cheesy, no real sense of maturity or maybe even penmenship and it's just more lyrical rehash from their other albums. You want some good punk go for The Clash, The Ramones, Black Flag, The Misfits, Sublime and Suicidal Tendencies. For great metal, Soilent Green, Venom,Celtic Frost, Suffocation, Voivod, Metal church, Behemoth, Daath, Amon Amarth and Mastodon. Just skip this eyelinecore junk altogether.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2010 11:35 PM PST

18 used & new from $4.29

5.0 out of 5 stars So insane, that it's genious, March 24, 2007
This review is from: City (Audio CD)
Or is it vice-versa?

Devin Townsend really does know how to combine chaos, melody, electronic, metal and form a band a really make a success and in the process be hailed as a metal god.

City is just a combination of industrial, death, and speed metal with relentless guitar riffs, unstoppable drumming and bass to crunchy you can feel it. Devin's vocal go from melodic power metal, insane rants to grunts.

Get this album, play loud and don't stop until this record is done.

Metal Church
Metal Church
Price: $6.99
60 used & new from $4.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Underrated metal classic, March 24, 2007
This review is from: Metal Church (Audio CD)
Many times when we think of 80's thrash we tend to go with basically the big four such as Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax and Megadeth, that sometimes we exclude other bands that made thrash great like Exodus, Kreator, Voivod, Testament, Sepultura and Metal Church among others. But today I'm going to write about Metal Church's self titled release which basically is one of those albums that I could really listen to for a long time and really not get tired of it, Ive been listening to this record for 20 years. One uncle in particular was a real big fan of them when he saw them perform with Metallica and really he had to go and by this album, he would literally play it from dawn til dusk and dawn again.

David Wayne's vocals could almost be described as a black metal style shrieks to power metal high pitchness. Craig Wells and Kurdt Vanderhoof have very fluent gitar work, great riffs and solos. Kirk Arrington has beats, actually has very good double kick tempos. Duke Erickson has very great bass work here. My favorite tracks on this album have to be Metal Church, Beyond the Dark, Hitman, Gods of Wrath, Battalions and the Deep Purple cover Highway Star. If you are a fan of 80's thrash, get this record.

Blood Mountain
Blood Mountain
Price: $7.99
115 used & new from $2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars If you don't have it, your missing out, March 24, 2007
This review is from: Blood Mountain (Audio CD)
Many people say that this was the best album of the year, and I have to agree with that. Blood mountain is basically a non stop assault for all senses, just the opening drum beats are enough to send chills down your spine, and that's just the first 2 seconds. Brann Dailor just went insane on the drums, his technicality is phenomenal using speed and great technique that literally never stops. The dual axe men Brent Hinds and Bill Kelliher shine more on this album, they have great riffs and great solos and even offer up some great melodic lines in many songs. Troy Sanders bass sounds better this time with many jazz style bass lines and rumbleling bass. He actually even stepped up on his vocals too, going from loud grunts to even some melodic vocals. I'm not going to bore you with what I thought of the songs because you really need to listen to this album from start to finish but my favorite tracks have to include The Wolf is Loose, Crystal Skull, capillarian Crest,Circle of Cysquatch,Colony of Birchmen and Hand of Stone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12