Profile for Avid Shopper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Avid Shopper "Mom of 2 boys" RSS Feed (Redmond, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
BuckleyBoo BuckleyLion 12" Orange
BuckleyBoo BuckleyLion 12" Orange
4 used & new from $39.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the kid who loves to buckle their seatbelt, highchair strap, etc.!, September 12, 2011
GREAT toy! Finally there's a toy that my 2-year old can actually buckle to his heart's desire! He LOVES this toy and it didn't take very long for him to figure out he had to match specific buckles to their mates. He is still too young to unbuckle them, but he just asks for help when he needs me to unbuckle them so it's not a big deal. It's also a really soft stuffed animal so that is an added bonus because he likes to carry it around and hug it.

I'll probably be buying one of the 5-buckle toys in a few months but so far this one is holding my son's attention and still helpig him to improve his fine motor skills.

Melissa & Doug Deluxe Pound and Roll Tower
Melissa & Doug Deluxe Pound and Roll Tower
Price: $16.99
75 used & new from $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good - just challenging enough - 2-year old LOVES it!, September 12, 2011
I was weary to get this toy considering it had several bad reviews. We did get it and our son LOVES it! I don't know how well it's going to hold up since we've only had it for 3 days, but so far, it's great!

Our 2-year old is pretty strong and it takes 2-3 good whacks to get the ball to fall through the opening. He also hammers with the handle and he can even push them through with his hands if he concentrates. I think it is just challenging enough. I was worried that it wouldn't be interesting enough since it's so compact and it doesn't take very long for the balls to come out. I was wrong though and he was delighted with it. I think he also loves the fact that he gets to pound on something :-).

Power Ranger Samurai Megazord Action Figure
Power Ranger Samurai Megazord Action Figure
Offered by Amazing Plush
Price: $55.99
20 used & new from $48.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 6-year old LOVES this - even better with the "add-on" toys that you can switch out!, September 12, 2011
I am shocked by the fact that my 6-year old will play with this thing for over an hour each day, but he has a bunch of the "add-on" toys that add to the fun. This toy is like getting several in one because you can take off the arms & legs which are animals and can be played with separately. These are some of the add-ons we have, which I also recommend:

Power Ranger Samurai OctoZord And Mega Ranger Light
Power Ranger Samurai BeetleZord And Mega Ranger Forest
Power Ranger Samurai TigerZord And Mega Ranger Fire
Power Ranger Samurai Swordfish with Blue Ranger
Power Ranger Samurai ClawZord

My son currently loves playing with Legos, Beyblades, and Bakugan so I was very surprised when these toys held his attention for so long because they didn't seem that interesting in comparison with the others. But you can make all sorts of different creatures using the various Zords and he loves reconfiguring them.

This is a MUST for Power Ranger Samurai fans (or Power Rangers, in general), especially if your child likes building things out of Legos, Zoobs, etc.

VTech - Slide And Talk Smart Phone
VTech - Slide And Talk Smart Phone
Price: $12.99
58 used & new from $4.60

5.0 out of 5 stars First toy phone my 2-year old loves!, September 12, 2011
This is a great toy phone! My 2-year old loves my iPhone (I don't blame him) so most of the toy phones we've bought do not hold his attention. This phone DOES though so I am so happy we stumbled across it! He loves pushing the buttons and watching the screen. It's fun for him to just slide out the keyboard. The box says it's for 2+ but I think he'll get a little more out of it in a few months, but his language is a slightly delayed. My 6-year old likes it too, which is surprising because he has much more advanced toys to play with like a Nintendo DS. If your toddler likes sounds, buttons and your cell phone, I definitely recommend this toy!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2014 2:44 PM PDT

Lauri Shape & Color Sorter
Lauri Shape & Color Sorter
Price: $11.92
35 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed when I saw it, but my 20-month old loves it & I do too!, May 21, 2011
This review is from: Lauri Shape & Color Sorter (Toy)
INITIALLY: Extremely disappointed when I took it out of the box because it seemed cheap and flimsy

*NOW*: Love Love Love it! My 20-month old absolutely loves playing with this & it is teaching him so many different concepts with such a tiny and simple toy!

When I first got this toy, I was a bit disappointed because the "crepe rubber" pieces seemed cheap and flimsy. Plus there were little tiny pieces of rubber all over the box and I had to pick some fraying pieces off of some of the shapes. Also the rectangular base didn't seem very sturdy so I just put it away. I wasn't even sure when I would give it to my son because I was worried it'd constantly be shedding little pieces of rubber and that he would pick at the edges and eat them.

It's been sitting on my dining room table for a month and I decided to give it to him yesterday. Well he was DELIGHTED as soon as he saw it (he has a lot of toys and usually doesn't act this way when I give him a new toy)! He was squealing and standing and stomping with excitement as he started taking all of the rubber shapes off. He loved taking them off, putting them back on, just looking at them and bending them (they're actually very durable!). I love that there are so many ways to play with this toy...by color, by shape, by pattern, etc.

But what I am most happy about with this toy and what stirred me to write this review is that after only playing with it for *one* day, he can put the wooden pegs back into the base. He's a big kid with big hands and this is a GREAT toy for him to work on his fine motor skills. With this toy he has to line up the correct end of the peg to the small hole and also be a little more gentle than he is used to being with toys while still using a bit of strength to push it in. Also I haven't noticed any rubber pieces fraying and he hasn't even tried putting them in his mouth :-).

I highly recommend this toy!

Boudreaux's Rash Protector, 2 Fluid Ounce
Boudreaux's Rash Protector, 2 Fluid Ounce
Offered by Treedollars
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure how well it works - squirts a *stream* of liquid & drips right off son's skin, May 16, 2011
I bought this because I liked the idea of a spray. I thought it would be a mist spray, but it's more like squirting a stream of liquid onto my son's bottom. I'm not really sure how well it works because a lot comes out at once so I quickly try to cover his entire bottom in one squirt. Without using fingers or using more than one squirt, I can't get full coverage on his bottom where he's prone to getting a rash. Also, I don't know how well it works because it immediately drips off his bottom into the diaper so I only use it when he will only be in a diaper for a short period and also when his bottom is rash-free. He has really sensitive skin so I'm afraid to try it all by itself for a longer period to really test it out since I already know what works for him.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2011 3:23 PM PDT

MotorMax Giant 30" Battleship USS New Jersey
MotorMax Giant 30" Battleship USS New Jersey
Offered by MightyToy
Price: $27.14
4 used & new from $27.14

5.0 out of 5 stars My 5-year old said "Cooooool!", February 23, 2011
This is a GREAT toy! I was pleasantly surprised with how well built it is. I love that the little aircrafts and vehicles are diecast metal! The picture is a little different than what we got though because ours came with 6 green tiny soldiers. I actually prefer them since the little green soldiers are a classic toy. The drawer that pulls out on the side to store aircrafts is neat too. My 5-year old doesn't exclaim that much when he's excited, but when he saw this battleship in the box, he was so excited and exclaimed "Cooooool!" He couldn't wait to play with it and is having a lot of fun with it. I highly recommend it for 5+.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT bath toy organizer!, February 5, 2011
This is the best bath organizer I've seen! It's very lightweight, has very strong suction cups, and holds a lot! I was pleasantly surprised when I took this out of the box and saw how big it was! I have it hanging on tile and the suction cups seem to be pretty strong because it does not budge at all, even when it's filled. We have a TON of bath toys and they ALL fit in this. I put the following in it and there's still easily room for several more toys.

2 water drums
2 "water bug" nets with handles
several water bugs
set of stacking bath cups
small plastic balls
2 wind-up boat toys
small beach toys

Hide N Squeak Eggs
Hide N Squeak Eggs
Offered by eTwist
Price: $9.56
29 used & new from $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Teaches shapes, encourages fine motor skills & eggs squeak when pushed, February 5, 2011
This review is from: Hide N Squeak Eggs (Toy)
My 16-month old likes playing with these! He cannot open the egg crate by himself yet, but I think he will be able to very soon. He likes taking the egg shell tops off of all of them. He thinks it's funny when you press down on the chick and it squeaks. He doesn't do it yet, but I think when he's a bit older, he'll like matching the shell faces to the chick faces and also figuring out which spot the eggs go in based on the shape of the bottom of their shell. It's also a really good toy to take along in my diaper bag too.

Battat Sort and Stack Toy
Battat Sort and Stack Toy
Offered by MMP Living
Price: $13.47
14 used & new from $12.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Our favorite nesting and stacking toy!, February 5, 2011
My 16-month old loves nesting and stacking cups. We have the basic set of small round cups. When I saw this and the positive reviews, I bought them so he would have a different set of stacking/nesting toys. They are GREAT! He can do so many things with them. He can stack or nest them. He likes putting the circle shape it comes with in the smallest cup, which fits in his hand perfectly. He likes carrying the bucket around by the handle and of course, chewing on the handle too! He puts balls in all of the different cups. He puts the smallest cups in his Playskool Explore and Grow Tumble N Twirl and watches them spin around and get tossed out when he opens the door on it. He hasn't taken advantage of the shape sorter lid yet, but I'm sure he will soon. I really like that this toy has a shape sorting lid and 8 shapes. The cups also all have their number on the bottom. I highly recommend this toy and if you're only going to buy one set of stacking/nesting cups, this is definitely the one to buy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5