Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for Tacoma girl > Reviews

Browse

Tacoma girl's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tacoma girl RSS Feed

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The only curling iron to work on fine, straight hair, April 8, 2013
I've been using this iron for years and it's the only one that works on my fine straight hair. It holds curl and is easy to use. I just bought it as a replacement to my old one because after about 7 years of almost daily use the spring gave out. I lost my replacement springs that it comes with so I decided to just buy a new one. I think it's rare for the springs to go but they give you 2 extras with it if that were to happen anyway!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Otoscope works well; ophthalmoscope leaves something to be desired, April 8, 2013
As a first year medical student, I was looking for a more economical set of instruments. I had read some decently positive feedback about this product and decided to go for it. After pestering my husband and any willing participant for far too long trying to visualize the optic disc I tried one of my classmates Welch Allyn scopes. I didn't want it to be better but the difference was night and day. With the Welch Allyn you are able to switch to polarized light for corneal reflection problems, dim the light and have greater spectrum of diopters. Overall, I think that there is a chance (with many more attempts) that I could have seen what I needed to see with this scope; but considering that when you need to use this scope in practice you are looking into the eyes of a photophobic patient with a migraine, I wanted something fast and high quality. Who knows, maybe I'll sell it to some unsuspecting first year when I move along in my training because it turns out I'll never use it, but for now, I think the investment in a higher quality one is worthwhile.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2013 9:20 AM PDT

Norpro Stainless Steel Cheese Slicer
Norpro Stainless Steel Cheese Slicer
Price: $7.44
13 used & new from $7.43

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, doesn't slice as well as hoped, April 13, 2012
The all stainless steel design was what I was looking for, and it was nice, but I've found it doesn't slice as well as my other cheap one that I bought at Fred Meyer. the slicing size is too thin to adequately slice my 2.5 lb loaf of cheddar (the cheese my husband and I need to slice most frequently). It might sound lazy, but we use this one only if the other slicer we own is dirty...Not too impressed. maybe for softer cheeses?

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating account of how resilient the human body is!, April 13, 2012
I was astounded at this story and I couldn't believe I had never heard Louie's story before! I kept tapping my husband's shoulder while we were reading before bed to read him excerpt's of the book because the facts were so mind boggling that we almost didn't believe them! This is an incredible account of how much the human body can withstand without failing. I'm not a huge WWII buff, but the author did a nice job of giving a very good story coupled with historical factoids. The first chapter dragged on a bit about planes but the other chapters were much more captivating and I kept wondering (maybe somewhat of a morbid thought) "when is he going to die?" knowing full well that it was a survival story! Amazing.

The Deadly Dinner Party: and Other Medical Detective Stories
The Deadly Dinner Party: and Other Medical Detective Stories
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Certainly for science nerds, April 13, 2012
I only gave this 4 stars instead of 5 because it got dry at times. I read it while on vacation and sometimes it was difficult to keep my interest while staring out over the beautiful blue waters of St. Thomas USVI :) (so maybe that's why I found it dry sometimes). But, I loved reading the history of little bugs like botulism, etc. It was very informative and the author tried to keep it light but sometimes failed to do so. I think that a reader who is not scientifically minded might find this book a big yawn but I like it a lot.

Women's Two piece halter bikini swimwear with removable padding - Style A (05, Chocolate, M)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute suit. Can sometimes get positioned awkwardly., April 13, 2012
I was wary of purchasing a suit online just because you never know if it's going to fit or not. Well, maybe I got lucky but this fit well. My only qualms with it is that sites where the detachable strap connects show above the line of the suit, and I wish they were sewn a little lower so they didn't show. Also, because of the bandeau style top, it can sometimes get positioned a little awkwardly when transitioning from pool to chair, ocean to beach, etc. But, what suit doesn't get out place sometimes? I bought the brown one and it was a nice color brown and the fabric is also nice material.

elago S4 Slim-Fit Case for iPhone 4/4S with Logo Protection Film (SF Black, Fits AT&T and Verizon iPhone)
Offered by elago design
Price: $7.99
6 used & new from $3.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Light-weight and durable, February 25, 2012
I bought this for myself, then bought it for my dad's iphone for Christmas. It's simple, sleek and seems to handle to occasional accidental drop onto the ground/floor really well. I was worried that it doesn't wrap around the screen at all, but that hasn't been an issue. maybe I'm just lucky but no screen cracks since I got the phone in December 2011.

Stant 10834 Fuel Cap
Stant 10834 Fuel Cap
Price: $6.96
36 used & new from $3.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive does not equal poor quality, February 25, 2012
This review is from: Stant 10834 Fuel Cap (Misc.)
I bought this cap after I failed my emissions test for my '97 Honda Civic. They were going to charge me $45 at the Honda dealership to get a new cap but when I found this online for under $10 I decided to go for it. I passed my emissions test and it does everything I want it to do for a gas cap--- it caps off my gas tank :)