Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Melvin Fields > Reviews

Browse

Melvin Fields' Profile

Customer Reviews: 63

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Melvin Fields "Reviews you can trust!" RSS Feed (Baltimore, MD USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Fitueyes Audio-Visual Wall Mounted 2 Layer Shelves Bracket Stand for AV Receiver, Component, Cable Box, Playstation4, Xbox1, VCR Player, Blue Ray DVD Player, Projector and Speakers,Tinted Safety Tempered Glass
Price: $65.06
3 used & new from $55.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Very best option to hold media components for a wall mounted TV, May 16, 2016
I don't think this product is very well known, it should be the number one go to option for people who need to hold components for a wall mounted TV's. I was searching and searching for a clean, small mountable rack system for my wall mounted TV, I did a Google image search for "media component shelf" and came across this. The beauty of this product is the space behind the shelves to conceal wires and power cords.

I was lucky to have my power outlet and cable outlet already installed directly below my TV, so this mount covered everything. I used extension cables with a right angle plug to provide power to my devices. My DirecTV box had a power brick that just fit behind the panels (which are removable). The trick is to get all the power connections and various cables to stay in certain places behind the panels and not bunch up on top of each other. I used heavy duty double stick tape to hold the power brick, extension cables and other cables in specific locations so every cable, power brick and plug occupied its own unique space. One other tip, I put some black construction paper on the wall behind the openings in the panels to keep the all black look. My walls were bright yellow, without the black construction paper, I could see the yellow wall behind the panels when seated on the couch.

This item is very well packaged, contains all the hardware you need, you may need additional mounting hardware based on your wall type. I used new snap off toggle bolts to mount it directly on drywall.

If this item fits your needs, get it, you won't be disappointed!

FrogTape 1358463 Multi-Surface Painting Tape, Green, 0.94-Inch x 60-Yard Roll
FrogTape 1358463 Multi-Surface Painting Tape, Green, 0.94-Inch x 60-Yard Roll
Price: $5.59
46 used & new from $3.25

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not what the pros use..., December 13, 2015
Bought this tape based on reviews. I'm repainting my entire first floor, painted trim first, when I went to tape off the molding with the Frogtape, I had a very difficult time getting it to stick properly to the fully dried semi-gloss trim. I had bought 2 containers of this stuff, thought maybe first was bad, opened the second one. Was so frustrated I went to the store to buy another brand. I went to Home Depot, guess what painters tape they have in all types and sizes? Yup, the blue stuff! They had several shelves of the blue stuff, I then looked up to the upper shelf and there were only 2 boxes of the Frogtape. Home Depot stocks what people buy, they will pull a slow moving product quickly, so you can guess what brand of painters tape the pros buy! I bought several rolls of the blue tape, one designated for trim and baseboards and the other for ceilings and other freshly painted flat surfaces. OMG, what a difference using the blue trim tape. Very firm adhesion, was easy to work with, stays put, unlike the Frogtape.

OXO Good Grips Butter Dish, White/Clear
OXO Good Grips Butter Dish, White/Clear
Price: $9.99
24 used & new from $8.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Butter does not stay put on the tray, moves about too easily when slicing..., October 7, 2015
I don't know if my dish is slightly warped (a bit of hump in the middle?), whenever I go to slice off a bit of butter, the stick moves around on the tray. I have tried pushing the butter down onto the tray with every new stick, no matter what I do, the butter never stays put. I had high hopes for this product, most OXO products are very well designed, but this tray left me dissatisfied. Maybe the stainless steel tray would be better, maybe too much flex in plastic? What was I looking for in a butter tray? I wanted one that had no lip on the edge, my previous glass butter tray had a deep well in which the butter would sit, made it difficult to get uniform slices. This tray has no pronounced edge, but then there is nothing to hold the butter in place when slicing! BTW, I keep my butter in the fridge.

Simple Audio Go Compact Rechargeable Bluetooth Speaker (90B0001-US)
Simple Audio Go Compact Rechargeable Bluetooth Speaker (90B0001-US)
Offered by Orange Connect(Tax Free)
Price: $44.00
5 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bluetooth speaker for $50 or less, by far!, June 28, 2015
I was lucky to find this speaker on a super sale for $20 with free shipping from another site, I figured for $20, what do I have to lose? WOW, I was totally blown away by the sound and quality of this speaker. I own several bluetooth speakers, before getting this Simple Audio Go speaker, I was of the opinion that the best small, extremely portable bluetooth speaker with decent sound was the Sol Republic Punk. The Punk is very small, about the size of a hockey puck, but this Simple Audio Go speaker is not much bigger, but the sound is so much bigger, incredible for its size. What impresses me the most about the sound is that it is very clean throughout the tonal range. Highs, lows and vocals all come through in correct tonal balance.

I did some research on the company, Simple Audio is a Scottish company started by a couple of sound engineers, sound quality is the most important component of all their products.

As others have stated, it comes with a very nice drawstring bag, AUX cable, USB charging cable, and charging adapter, all in a very well presented package.

A well done product in every aspect!

I highly recommend this speaker as your "go to" extremely portable bluetooth speaker, you will not be sorry!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2015 11:31 AM PDT

Motorola X Sol Republic Deck Bluetooth NFC Wireless Speaker - Gunmetal - 89641N
Motorola X Sol Republic Deck Bluetooth NFC Wireless Speaker - Gunmetal - 89641N
Offered by Deals and Discount Warehouse
Price: $59.95
31 used & new from $41.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't believe the nay-sayers, had to try it for myself, count me in!, June 7, 2015
I read all the so-so reviews, but then there were these glowing reviews? Plus, the Deck was originally $200 when first introduced, now only $47, I had to buy it at this price to see for myself, how bad could it be? Wow, pretty bad! To me, the sol(e) purpose of a speaker is to produce great sound, this speaker fails in every respect. It is not loud, has no bass, no "fullness". I have the Punk from Sol Republic, it is less than half the size of the deck and sounds much better, louder, fuller, a bit of bass punch, no wonder it sells for more than the Deck. If you go to Sol Republic web page for the Deck, there is a video of a bunch of people loudly partying around a pool listening to the Deck, no way would anyone ever be able to hear the Deck at such a party. I had several bluetooth speakers set up on my kitchen counter to compare to the Deck to others, I was playing music from my MacBook Air, as I disconnected from one speaker and before connecting to another, the song playing would play on my laptop speaker, as I switched to the Deck it was like I simply moved my Macbook Air to the counter, sounded no better (maybe slightly) than the sound coming out of my MacBook! I could only recommend this to someone who wants an inexpensive speaker to sit on their nightstand to listen to music or some other close quarters situation. Even then, I would recommend the Sol Republic Punk or even the BEM Mobile speaker, both produce better sound. Now, my question is to do I send it back or give it to a less critical friend? The latter would be against my rule, "Friends don't give friends crappy bluetooth speakers", so I guess it is going back!

Puzzle
Puzzle
Price: $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Put your new awesome sound system to the test with Dada's Puzzle..., June 1, 2015
This review is from: Puzzle (MP3 Music)
Bought a 2013 Turbo Beetle with a tremendous "Fender Audio System", 9 speakers including subwoofer in rear hatch, plus integrated iPod connection in glove box, all controlled through touchscreen interface on dash. I have a 120GB iPod Classic filled with tunes from several generations. After over a year of one hour or more commutes each way to and from work, listening to my iPod collection exclusively, Dada's Puzzle has become my favorite album. The sound quality is off the rails, their sound is like no one else, all the songs and lyrics are great, these guys are a finely tuned machine! Their music really shines on a great audio system, maybe this is why they never made it bigger than they did? I had the album for years, like most, I listened to Dizz Knee Land, but pretty much ignored the other cuts. On my new sound system, I'm rediscovering them all over again. You need to play this on a great sound system and play it loud! Give it a test drive, I guarantee you will come back again, and again, and again! Some of the standout cuts for me are "Here today, gone tomorrow", "Dorina", "Dim" and of course, "Dizz Knee Land".

Anker Classic Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Powerful Sound with Enhanced Bass, 20 Hour Battery Life, and Built-in Mic, works with iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC, Laptops and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $79.99
2 used & new from $30.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to see (or hear) here, please move on..., June 1, 2015
Save your money, I bought this on sale for $28 and wound up returning it the same day I received it, paid $6 to ship back, not worth keeping, I would rather receive the $22 net refund. I read so many great reviews, thought this must be an awesome little speaker. It is very well made, but once again, the only reason I buy speakers is for sound quality. I did not expect this to be equal to speakers costing $100, but I did expect it to be something special in its class. Maybe others giving great reviews are used to very cheap, low quality bluetooth speakers? The speaker appeared to be very well made, nice fit and finish, but the sound was tinny, weak, not enough volume, no punch, nothing special. I have the BEM Mobile speaker, it is much clearer, full sounding than t his unit. I also have the Sol Republic PUNK speaker, to me, this is the best "extremely portable" speaker currently available. Its flat, hockey puck shape makes it a no brainer to take anywhere. The sound out of the PUNK is actually pretty good considering its size. It has more "presence" and "punch" than other small bluetooth speakers. I picked up the Sol Republic PUNK at a big box store for about $45, very happy with it.

Creative Sound Blaster Roar: Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with aptX/AAC. 5 Drivers, Built-in Subwoofer
Price: $149.99
12 used & new from $79.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like this speaker..., June 1, 2015
Was excited about this speaker, reviews regarding sound quality were mostly over the top positive, ability to play songs from a micro sd card intrigued me, would allow it to be a standalone entertainment system, no need to connect to phone or MP3 player. To me, the most important thing in a speaker is sound quality, to my ears, the sound of this speaker (at least the one I received) did not match what I had expected considering the many great reviews. The best way that I can describe the sound of this speaker is "mushy". It did not have deep bass, the vocals and mid range tones weren't clear, it had an overall "soft" sound. No punch to the bass, yet the vocals weren't crisp either. The terra bass feature did not do much to improve the bass, just made the sounds even "mushier". The ROAR feature just made the system louder, not better sounding. I did discover that the sound quality was very dependent on placement. If placed on a surface surrounded by walls or other barriers, as in the corner of my kitchen countertop, the overall sound quality was greatly enhanced, but I bought this speaker mainly for playing outside during gatherings, this means that in most applications it would be sitting on a table or other surface. I tried playing this unit outside on deck rails, patio table, even set it on the steps of my porch to have a surface to radiate, still not the sound I was looking for. I really wanted to like this speaker, all the specs looked great, but in the end, after comparing to several other bluetooth speakers, I decided to return it. It just did not fill any niche in my bluetooth speaker collection.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2016 8:46 AM PDT

Air Hogs Axis 300X Silver RC Helicopter
Air Hogs Axis 300X Silver RC Helicopter
Offered by JQ Resale
Price: $45.71
14 used & new from $18.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Easiest to fly Air Hogs Copter to date, extremely duruable, buy it!, May 1, 2015
This is the most stable, easy to fly Air Hog helicopter ever! I have purchased previous models in years past, could never get them to fly "where I wanted them to go", that is the difference with this model. It is very easy to hover, does not spin out of control, and after a few practice rounds, I was able to land it in someone's hand. The copter seems to be extremely durable, crashed onto hardwood floors from 2 story ceiling, no damage, set it upright and it took off without a hitch. You are probably thinking, if it is so easy to fly, how did I crash it? The first few flights I just started it up with full throttle, didn't realize you had to back off a bit to keep it hovering, it tapped the ceiling. It seems that whenever the rotors hit something, it throws the copter completely out of whack and you can't recover. I paid $10 for mine, at this price it is a steal, I have bought several more to give to friends, not sure why they are marked down? Maybe clearing out for a new model? I say get it now, while they still have them, maybe I should buy more before this comment wipes out stock.

MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smartshell Stand Cover Case for Apple iPad 4 & 3 (3rd and 4th Generation with Retina Display) / iPad 2 9.7-Inch Tablet, BLACK (with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep)
Offered by BSCstore
Price: $9.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard shell back provides little, if any, protection from falls, December 8, 2014
The case fit the iPad fine, but the hard plastic back shell doesn't really provide any protection from falls. I dropped it from sitting height onto a hard tile floor, the case hit the floor on one of the hard plastic backing corners, put a tiny, tiny chip in the case, but the impact shattered the screen! The iPad still worked, but looked terrible, I had the screen replaced at a mall kiosk, cost me $130, should have spent more on a case! Also, when folding up the front cover to act as a stand, I could not get it to stay standing in an upright position. It worked fine for an elevated typing position, but the upright position was too upright, it keep tilting forward. The PROS for this case are that the iPad snaps firmly and tightly into the hard plastic back, looks nice with cover closed, magnet does put iPad into sleep mode and the front cover folds nicely completely behind the unit to use in a flat position. But, overall, I would have to say I don't recommend this case to others. I'm attaching a photo of the cracked screen, it was taken while the still in the case.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2016 10:11 AM PST