Profile for Melvin Fields > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 54

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Melvin Fields "Reviews you can trust!" RSS Feed (Baltimore, MD USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smartshell Stand Cover Case for Apple iPad 4 & 3 (3rd and 4th Generation with Retina Display) / iPad 2 9.7-Inch Tablet, BLACK (with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep)
Offered by BSCstore
Price: $15.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard shell back provides little, if any, protection from falls, December 8, 2014
The case fit the iPad fine, but the hard plastic back shell doesn't really provide any protection from falls. I dropped it from sitting height onto a hard tile floor, the case hit the floor on one of the hard plastic backing corners, put a tiny, tiny chip in the case, but the impact shattered the screen! The iPad still worked, but looked terrible, I had the screen replaced at a mall kiosk, cost me $130, should have spent more on a case! Also, when folding up the front cover to act as a stand, I could not get it to stay standing in an upright position. It worked fine for an elevated typing position, but the upright position was too upright, it keep tilting forward. The PROS for this case are that the iPad snaps firmly and tightly into the hard plastic back, looks nice with cover closed, magnet does put iPad into sleep mode and the front cover folds nicely completely behind the unit to use in a flat position. But, overall, I would have to say I don't recommend this case to others. I'm attaching a photo of the cracked screen, it was taken while the still in the case.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Keurig K10 MINI Plus Brewing System, Black
Keurig K10 MINI Plus Brewing System, Black
Offered by Mommy Makes the Money
Price: $84.50
67 used & new from $55.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Read this before buying, I don't understand all the positive reviews..., November 16, 2014
I can only think that the positive reviewers have never owned a regular, full featured Keurig brewer.

The number one reason I own a Keurig is convenience! Despite the high cost of K-cups and all the issues with brewers, when it works, it is the easiest and quickest way to brew a delicious cup of coffee. I'm single and it does not make sense for me to brew a whole pot of coffee when all I drink is 2 cups at a sitting. When thinking about the cost of the k-cups I compare it to the cost of a purchased cup of coffee at a donut shop, McDonalds, or even Starbucks, plus the time I save stopping at one of these places. Considering this, I find the Keurig system a bargain, I think this is the number one reason it has become so popular.

Benefits of full featured Keurig Brewer -
1. It has a water reservoir, only has be filled every 8 to 10 cups
2. The output (cup size, 6oz, 8oz or 9oz) can be precisely set by simply pressing a button
3. It can be programmed to turn on and off at preset times
4. Brews a cup of coffee in a minute or less
5. Room for a larger, taller cup

The K10 has none of these benefits! The only advantage I can see is that is a bit cheaper and a bit smaller, but in reality, it is not that much smaller (as far as counter space taken up) than the full sized Keurig.

With the K10, you have to carefully enter the amount of water that you want to brew, there is a device inside the reservoir to help you determine the amount of water, I found it not very easy to use at all. Also, the one I had took forever, much longer than a minute to start brewing, plus I found it a hassle to fit my 16oz. "to go" cup under the brewer. I had to remove the bottom base, still a tight fit. I usually use 2 K-cups to fill a 16oz. disposable "to go" cup. With the K10, I have to pour the water in for the first pod, now open the lid to the reservoir, pour more water in, start over, if I put too much water in, my cup over flows, what a mess!

With the regular, full size Keurig, I would simply insert my first K-cup, press the 8oz button, when done, put another k-cup pod in and press the 6oz button, perfectly fills my 16oz "to go" cup and allows enough room to add cream and sugar.

Needles to say, I returned the K10.

Maybe my needs are different, but I found the K10 more of a hassle than it was worth!

Hope you find my points helpful

Bissell Lightweight 3-in-1 Vacuum, Silver
Bissell Lightweight 3-in-1 Vacuum, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have bare floors, stop reading and buy it now!, June 15, 2014
It seems that the vinyl floor in my kitchen always has crumbs and cat hair tumbleweeds, I have a cordless handheld vacuum, but getting too old be bending over to use it to pick up the all debris. This little vacuum is essentially a handheld corded vacuum with a handle and wheeled bare floor attachment. When I first used this vacuum with the floor attachment in place, I was shocked at how well it picked up along my kitchen cabinet toe-kick areas and under and around my table and chairs. For those hard to reach places, I just took off the floor attachment and using the handle was able to get almost everywhere, there is a crevice tool if you have to get into really tight areas. As I type this review it is available from Walmart online for less than $16! If you have bare floors, it will be the best $16 you ever spent.

Magic Bullet Dessert Bullet Blender
Magic Bullet Dessert Bullet Blender
Offered by NutriBullet LLC
Price: $49.99
27 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations, a perfect frozen dessert on first try!, May 4, 2014
Wow! I just made my first frozen dessert with this device and it was incredible! I don't know why people have posted negative reviews, I was impressed with this device in every way. Here is my recipe for a fail safe delicious frozen dessert -

1. chop whole or halved frozen strawberries into 1/2" pieces, no need to let strawberries thaw (I buy 5 lb. bags of frozen strawberries from a wholesale club)
2. put chopped strawberries into a cereal bowl or larger
3. sprinkle strawberries with sweetener of choice (I used the blue bag stuff), stir
4. mix in some non-fat greek strawberry yogurt, just enough to coat the strawberries a bit, don't use too much
5. stir the ingredients in the bowl about to mix the yogurt evenly
6. dump contents into Magic Bullet Dessert Bullet tube, turn on and start pushing gently

The result was a delicious soft ice cream or frozen yogurt texture that was consistent throughout. This has to be healthier than anything I can buy in a store, and did I say it was delicious?

I think the key to getting a delicious, consistent dessert is to make sure your ingredients are blended to a degree before putting them in the tube and starting the process.

The second thing that impressed me with the machine was how well designed it is. The impeller/grinder is made of a very sturdy plastic or nylon, the tolerances and seals on all the parts are excellent. There is a rim that you can attach to the top of the feed tube that allows you to spoon the ingredients into the tube without worrying about spilling on the the counter. The plunger is designed with a grove to make sure it goes in only one way, this is because there is a curve in the bottom of the plunger to match the curve of the grinding wheel to make sure you use every last bit of stuff shoved into the tube. All the pieces quickly and easily snap into place with a short quarter turn.

Last, but not least, clean up was incredibly easy, all the parts easily twist off and can be rinsed off quickly. I can see this device lasting a long time.

I did not buy this at Amazon, but was so impressed I wanted to post this review immediately to help others if they are trying to decide to buy or not.

I bought mine at a local retailer that is famous for non-expiring 20% coupons.

Buy this, you will not regret it.

Dixie Food Plastic Tableware, Heavyweight Soup Spoons, White, 100/Box
Dixie Food Plastic Tableware, Heavyweight Soup Spoons, White, 100/Box
Offered by BestSource OfficeSupplies
Price: $8.14
26 used & new from $4.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Never realized how hard it would be to find a quality disposable soup spoon, this is the one to get!, April 30, 2014
I never dreamed I would be writing a review for a disposable plastic soup spoon, but here I am!

I bring soup to work all the time, often disposable "cup of soup" type items, I didn't want to hassle with cleaning up after my lunch as we don't have a kitchen area, my only option is to wash up dishes and utensils in the bathroom, not the best place for this. I bought several disposable cutlery sets from retail stores, they all included standard teaspoon shaped spoons, these just don't hold the volume that a soup spoon does. I finally found these here on Amazon, based on other positive reviews, I decided to order them. They are perfect! Very heavyweight plastic, perfectly shaped bowl end of the spoon, I will buy these again!

R/C Dragon Gallop Truck - Building Set by Brictek (20213)
R/C Dragon Gallop Truck - Building Set by Brictek (20213)

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality was so close to Lego, but 2 flaws that were show stoppers. . ., March 17, 2014
Overall the design and block quality was very good, except for one very small piece, but this piece was critical to the working of this vehicle. There is a long axle that requires 2 small collars that slide onto the axle to keep it in place in the motorized base, one of these was so loose it would slide right off the axle, but luckily I had a similar one from another Lego Technic set. The other issue is the battery compartment in the remote control device, I had to bend the positive end contacts forward with a slim screwdriver for them to make contact with the batteries, at first I could not get any power out of the remote, then I found the issue and once I bent the contacts forward towards the battery it worked fine.

Besides these 2 issues, the blocks were overall very well made, held together well and fit was good. It was difficult to determine the block locations in a a few frames of the instructions, but overall I had no problems following them.

The truck was well designed as far as being strong once fully assembled and the remote features worked very well, motor was stronger than I had anticipated.

I think a younger child would need help with assembly, but once assembled I think it would be a lot of fun, plus the motorized base could be put to use in building many different models.

Caza Trail Coffee, Kona Blend, 56 Single Serve Cups
Caza Trail Coffee, Kona Blend, 56 Single Serve Cups
Price: $22.99
3 used & new from $22.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I usually love Kona blend in most coffees, this one was disappointing, more bitter that others, March 4, 2014
I realize that judgements on taste are very subjective, so here is some background on my personal tastes - I usually drink Green Mountain Colombian Free Trade Select (full caffeine version), I find it very smooth, yet full bodied, but not bitter. I bought these Kona cups because I have had Kona blends before in regular ground coffees, several different brands in fact, and have always found them to be smooth, yet full bodied, without any unpleasant after taste.

These Kona K-cups from Caza Trail had a harsh taste and a bitter after taste. I tried them on several occasions just in case my taste buds were just a little off the first time, each time I tried them I was disappointed by the bitter after taste. I will probably finish out the 56 cup box I ordered (brought them into work, we have a Keurig there, I put them out for free, they are not flying off the shelf!), but I will not order them again, in fact, I just cancelled my subscription for these.

Others may like them, but if your tastes are in line with mine, then you will also be disappointed!

Multipet Look Who's Talking Monkey Dog Toy
Multipet Look Who's Talking Monkey Dog Toy
Price: $7.31
17 used & new from $4.72

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute tog toy, Airedale destroyed it in about 20 minutes, March 4, 2014
If your dog is gentle with toys, than get this, it will definitely amuse your dog, but if your dogs sole goal with plush toys like this is to destroy them within minutes, then your dog will have no trouble at all doing so!

Tuffy Ultimates 3-Way Ring Dog Toy, Yellow Bones
Tuffy Ultimates 3-Way Ring Dog Toy, Yellow Bones
Price: $20.40
2 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Toy that lives up to its name, Tuffy, March 4, 2014
Bought for my sister's Airedale, he destroys most dog toys within the first hour of play, this and all the other Tuffy toys I have bought for him have lasted at least a full 2 weeks of play and are still in tact!

MagCozy (White)
MagCozy (White)
Offered by Cozy Industries
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple, elegant solution to keep the magsafe adapter from getting lost, March 4, 2014
Bought this for a professor in our dept, he has already lost one magsafe adapter, we had to buy him a new one, at that time I bought this little device, it has kept him from losing it again, well worth the small cost.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6