Profile for Melvin Fields > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Melvin Fields "Reviews you can trust!" RSS Feed (Baltimore, MD USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Bissell Lightweight 3-in-1 Vacuum, Silver
Bissell Lightweight 3-in-1 Vacuum, Silver
Offered by TheFleaFighters (NO SHIPPING TO ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO, APOs, OR PO BOXES. WE ONLY SHIP TO THE LOWER 48 STATES.)
Price: $21.80
12 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have bare floors, stop reading and buy it now!, June 15, 2014
It seems that the vinyl floor in my kitchen always has crumbs and cat hair tumbleweeds, I have a cordless handheld vacuum, but getting too old be bending over to use it to pick up the all debris. This little vacuum is essentially a handheld corded vacuum with a handle and wheeled bare floor attachment. When I first used this vacuum with the floor attachment in place, I was shocked at how well it picked up along my kitchen cabinet toe-kick areas and under and around my table and chairs. For those hard to reach places, I just took off the floor attachment and using the handle was able to get almost everywhere, there is a crevice tool if you have to get into really tight areas. As I type this review it is available from Walmart online for less than $16! If you have bare floors, it will be the best $16 you ever spent.

Magic Bullet Dessert Bullet Blender
Magic Bullet Dessert Bullet Blender
Offered by AnandaOnline
Price: $49.99
44 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations, a perfect frozen dessert on first try!, May 4, 2014
Wow! I just made my first frozen dessert with this device and it was incredible! I don't know why people have posted negative reviews, I was impressed with this device in every way. Here is my recipe for a fail safe delicious frozen dessert -

1. chop whole or halved frozen strawberries into 1/2" pieces, no need to let strawberries thaw (I buy 5 lb. bags of frozen strawberries from a wholesale club)
2. put chopped strawberries into a cereal bowl or larger
3. sprinkle strawberries with sweetener of choice (I used the blue bag stuff), stir
4. mix in some non-fat greek strawberry yogurt, just enough to coat the strawberries a bit, don't use too much
5. stir the ingredients in the bowl about to mix the yogurt evenly
6. dump contents into Magic Bullet Dessert Bullet tube, turn on and start pushing gently

The result was a delicious soft ice cream or frozen yogurt texture that was consistent throughout. This has to be healthier than anything I can buy in a store, and did I say it was delicious?

I think the key to getting a delicious, consistent dessert is to make sure your ingredients are blended to a degree before putting them in the tube and starting the process.

The second thing that impressed me with the machine was how well designed it is. The impeller/grinder is made of a very sturdy plastic or nylon, the tolerances and seals on all the parts are excellent. There is a rim that you can attach to the top of the feed tube that allows you to spoon the ingredients into the tube without worrying about spilling on the the counter. The plunger is designed with a grove to make sure it goes in only one way, this is because there is a curve in the bottom of the plunger to match the curve of the grinding wheel to make sure you use every last bit of stuff shoved into the tube. All the pieces quickly and easily snap into place with a short quarter turn.

Last, but not least, clean up was incredibly easy, all the parts easily twist off and can be rinsed off quickly. I can see this device lasting a long time.

I did not buy this at Amazon, but was so impressed I wanted to post this review immediately to help others if they are trying to decide to buy or not.

I bought mine at a local retailer that is famous for non-expiring 20% coupons.

Buy this, you will not regret it.

Dixie Food Plastic Tableware, Heavyweight Soup Spoons, White, 100/Box
Dixie Food Plastic Tableware, Heavyweight Soup Spoons, White, 100/Box
Offered by Arctic Supplies
Price: $4.99
48 used & new from $0.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Never realized how hard it would be to find a quality disposable soup spoon, this is the one to get!, April 30, 2014
I never dreamed I would be writing a review for a disposable plastic soup spoon, but here I am!

I bring soup to work all the time, often disposable "cup of soup" type items, I didn't want to hassle with cleaning up after my lunch as we don't have a kitchen area, my only option is to wash up dishes and utensils in the bathroom, not the best place for this. I bought several disposable cutlery sets from retail stores, they all included standard teaspoon shaped spoons, these just don't hold the volume that a soup spoon does. I finally found these here on Amazon, based on other positive reviews, I decided to order them. They are perfect! Very heavyweight plastic, perfectly shaped bowl end of the spoon, I will buy these again!

R/C Dragon Gallop Truck - Building Set by Brictek (20213)
R/C Dragon Gallop Truck - Building Set by Brictek (20213)
Offered by JustKidsStore
Price: $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality was so close to Lego, but 2 flaws that were show stoppers. . ., March 17, 2014
Overall the design and block quality was very good, except for one very small piece, but this piece was critical to the working of this vehicle. There is a long axle that requires 2 small collars that slide onto the axle to keep it in place in the motorized base, one of these was so loose it would slide right off the axle, but luckily I had a similar one from another Lego Technic set. The other issue is the battery compartment in the remote control device, I had to bend the positive end contacts forward with a slim screwdriver for them to make contact with the batteries, at first I could not get any power out of the remote, then I found the issue and once I bent the contacts forward towards the battery it worked fine.

Besides these 2 issues, the blocks were overall very well made, held together well and fit was good. It was difficult to determine the block locations in a a few frames of the instructions, but overall I had no problems following them.

The truck was well designed as far as being strong once fully assembled and the remote features worked very well, motor was stronger than I had anticipated.

I think a younger child would need help with assembly, but once assembled I think it would be a lot of fun, plus the motorized base could be put to use in building many different models.

Caza Trail Single Serve Cup for Keurig K-cup Brewers, Kona Blend, 56 Count
Caza Trail Single Serve Cup for Keurig K-cup Brewers, Kona Blend, 56 Count
Price: $22.99
5 used & new from $22.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I usually love Kona blend in most coffees, this one was disappointing, more bitter that others, March 4, 2014
I realize that judgements on taste are very subjective, so here is some background on my personal tastes - I usually drink Green Mountain Colombian Free Trade Select (full caffeine version), I find it very smooth, yet full bodied, but not bitter. I bought these Kona cups because I have had Kona blends before in regular ground coffees, several different brands in fact, and have always found them to be smooth, yet full bodied, without any unpleasant after taste.

These Kona K-cups from Caza Trail had a harsh taste and a bitter after taste. I tried them on several occasions just in case my taste buds were just a little off the first time, each time I tried them I was disappointed by the bitter after taste. I will probably finish out the 56 cup box I ordered (brought them into work, we have a Keurig there, I put them out for free, they are not flying off the shelf!), but I will not order them again, in fact, I just cancelled my subscription for these.

Others may like them, but if your tastes are in line with mine, then you will also be disappointed!

Multipet Look Who's Talking Monkey Dog Toy
Multipet Look Who's Talking Monkey Dog Toy
Price: $8.15
18 used & new from $4.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute tog toy, Airedale destroyed it in about 20 minutes, March 4, 2014
If your dog is gentle with toys, than get this, it will definitely amuse your dog, but if your dogs sole goal with plush toys like this is to destroy them within minutes, then your dog will have no trouble at all doing so!

Tuffy Ultimates 3-Way Ring Dog Toy, Yellow Bones
Tuffy Ultimates 3-Way Ring Dog Toy, Yellow Bones
Price: $19.44
4 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Toy that lives up to its name, Tuffy, March 4, 2014
Bought for my sister's Airedale, he destroys most dog toys within the first hour of play, this and all the other Tuffy toys I have bought for him have lasted at least a full 2 weeks of play and are still in tact!

MagCozy (White)
MagCozy (White)
Offered by Cozy Industries
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple, elegant solution to keep the magsafe adapter from getting lost, March 4, 2014
Bought this for a professor in our dept, he has already lost one magsafe adapter, we had to buy him a new one, at that time I bought this little device, it has kept him from losing it again, well worth the small cost.

Tuffy Ultimates Flyer Dog Toy Paw Prints, Red
Tuffy Ultimates Flyer Dog Toy Paw Prints, Red
Price: $15.50
5 used & new from $10.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent flyer, tenacious Airedale has been unable to destroy it for weeks!, March 4, 2014
I bought this dog toy after spending literally hundreds of dollars on other dog toys for my sister's Airedale, he would destroy them all within the first 60 minutes of play. Her dog loves chasing after this flyer, loves trying to get at the squeakers inside, but that is the best part, after a full 2 weeks of playing with this flyer, it is still fully intact, her Airedale has yet to destroy it or any of the other Tuffy dog toys I bought, finally a dog toy that stands up to its name, Tuffy!

D-Link 8-Port Gigabit Switch (DGS-1008G)
D-Link 8-Port Gigabit Switch (DGS-1008G)
Price: Click here to see our price
116 used & new from $17.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Item has changed, no pictures as of 1/13/14 show new size and plug configuration, January 13, 2014
Just received a batch of both the 5-port and 8-port D-Link Gigabit switches from this page, the new version of these switches keeps the same shape, but each is a bit smaller and the biggest difference is the type and placement of the power connector. The previous versions of these switches had a barrel type power connector on the back, right next to the network ports, this way if you place it on a shelf or on the edge of a desk, all the cables go out the back of the unit to keep cabling nice and neat. These newly designed switches have the power connector coming off the side of the unit, plus the power connector is a micro USB style connection. I have not put any of these in use yet, so I can't comment on how they perform, but was very displeased to see no mention of the change in the position of the power plug!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6