Profile for Michael Gallagher > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Gallagher RSS Feed (Houston, TX)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Natures Bounty Tart Cherry Capsules, 60 Count
Natures Bounty Tart Cherry Capsules, 60 Count
Price: $23.27

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Costly For What You Receive, July 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an easy-to-swallow capsule that doesn’t leave a bad taste in your mouth. The price per capsule and the milligrams delivered (1,000 per capsule) is comparable to what I found at my local GNC store.

The packaging and cost is deceptive, however: the capsules only take up half of the bottle (the rest is filled with cotton) to make you think you are getting more than you really are, and the cost per mg is about 3x what you would pay from other providers of a generic-labeled product here on Amazon.

If cost isn’t an issue, I’d say go ahead and get this one – otherwise, give this one a pass and save your money.

Eagles Nest Outfitters Atlas Polyester Hammock Hanging Straps (FFP)
Eagles Nest Outfitters Atlas Polyester Hammock Hanging Straps (FFP)
Offered by NetRush
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes it Easy, July 27, 2015
What I like about the setup is the straps have various notches so you can adjust the length for the varying differences between trees, poles, or whatever you may be attaching a hammock which makes your hammock truly portable. Taking your hammock up and down is a snap. If you’re tired of screwing around with ropes, try hooking your hammock up with caribiners and your life will be a lot easier.

Eagles Nest Outfitters DoubleNest Hammock - Retro-Tri Colored
Eagles Nest Outfitters DoubleNest Hammock - Retro-Tri Colored
Offered by Mountain Gear
Price: $69.95
10 used & new from $54.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Effortless Setup and Comfortable, July 27, 2015
This is a very comfortable hammock where you can easily take a nap or relax outside, and is really easy to setup especially if you are using hanging straps. The hammock does fold up into a tight ball when it is time to take it down, which makes it convenient for storing it or taking it somewhere else. If you are looking for a lightweight, easy to assemble / disassemble hammock, I would highly recommend this one.

Snowtime Anytime Indoor Snowball Fight, 25 Pack Snowballs with Storage Bucket, Exclusive Limited Edition
Offered by USA Toyz
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of Fun, July 24, 2015
These “snowballs” are actually a lot of fun – not only with a war inside the house but being able to randomly sneak up on someone to randomly target on the attack. They are very soft and lightweight and don’t hurt, yet they are heavy enough to throw about 10-20 yards with enough “oomph” to get to your target. We’ve been using these at our house for the past few months and they are enjoyed by young and old.

If you’re looking for a safer toy for an army-style game, I would recommend these fake snowballs.

SKY LANTERNS 14 Pack - Assorted Colors
SKY LANTERNS 14 Pack - Assorted Colors
Offered by Bsyexcellent
Price: $7.40
66 used & new from $3.23

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Dangerous, July 24, 2015
These lanterns are a neat idea and appear cute, but after buying a package of these and using them I’ll never use or purchase one of these again. Why? A couple of reasons, but the main two are (a) only about half of them were able to be used due to either lighting issues or the sides were torn, and yet the most important is (b) they are really dangerous as they fly away into the distance further than the eye can see – still lit and who knows where they will land and what they will catch on fire.

If you’re interested in starting a raging wildfire or someone’s house on fire by all means purchase this product. Otherwise, I would highly recommend you steer clear of these lanterns.

Draw a Stickman: EPIC
Draw a Stickman: EPIC
Price: $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Just OK, July 24, 2015
This review is from: Draw a Stickman: EPIC (App)
This is a cute little game that doesn’t take much thought process – the idea is simple: draw your own stickman and have him follow a path over obstacles. I played it for about 30 minutes or so and decided I was done and haven’t picked it up since.

I picked this up for free vs. its normal price of $1.99. For free I would say grab it, but at $1.99 I would say give it a pass as after you play it a couple of times I doubt many people will have interest in playing it again.

Tachikara FireBall Super-Soft TetherBall with Diamond Textured Cover
Tachikara FireBall Super-Soft TetherBall with Diamond Textured Cover
Offered by AthleticStuff
Price: $23.89
10 used & new from $20.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Ultrasoft and Color Fades Fast, July 24, 2015
I’ve had this up on the tetherball pole for about a month and a half now. Installation was easy, but I don’t see this ball lasting longer than say a year – the bright colors are starting to fade fairly quick in the hot Texas sun, and the ball is much softer than a normal tetherball. While I’m not against a soft tetherball as they are great for the younger ones, and this one is advertised as a soft tetherball, it feels strange to not have a firm ball but have your hand sink into it and I would say this is an “ultra” soft. If that’s what you’re looking for, that’s fine but I would find another tetherball due to the color fading issue noted above.

Third Stage
Third Stage
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, July 21, 2015
This review is from: Third Stage (MP3 Music)
In comparison to Boston’s first two albums the music on this one is good, although it is really difficult to follow-up and compare it to two rock classic albums. I’ve been listening to this album since it first came out, and each time I hear one of the songs I am taken back in time to a particular time and place in my memory.

Many of the songs, however, are short and don’t be deceived by having ten songs on the album, as The Launch and A New World are misleading and must have been added in an effort to meet some minimum song goal with the famously-disputed third album recording contract.

If you’re looking to replace your lost or damaged Boston album, or you are someone who is just now discovering Boston and enjoy timeless rock, I would recommend you get not only this album but Boston’s first two albums as they go hand-in-hand.

Fall of the Core: Netcast 01 (The Frontiers Saga)
Fall of the Core: Netcast 01 (The Frontiers Saga)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Continuation of the Series, July 20, 2015
Ryk Brown continues the prequel to the Frontiers saga with this prequel; if you haven’t read the first installment of the prequel titled “Fall of the Core: Netcast Zero” I would recommend you read this one first or this installment may not make much sense to you.

Brown picks up where he left off, but I will tell fans the writing - while certainly enjoyable – is different than the Frontiers series and it is almost like it was written by someone else. It is interesting to see how the origins of the bio digital plague are developed and if you enjoy serialized science fiction stories I would recommend reading this series.

This one only took about an hour to read, and was worth the 99 cent purchase price to me. I am interested in reading the next installment of the series to see where the story turns and twists.

WHIRLPOOL ICE MACINE CLEANER 4396808 (6 PACK)
WHIRLPOOL ICE MACINE CLEANER 4396808 (6 PACK)
Offered by PANDORA'S OEM APPLIANCE PARTS
Price: $76.65
9 used & new from $55.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job and Good Value with this Multipack of Six Bottles in a Package, July 15, 2015
I bought my first bottle of this brand of ice machine cleaner when my older Kenmore ice machine was acting up despite several cleanings (without a cleaner), so I tried this and wish I would have found it several months prior to first using it. For me, I ran through a cleaning cycle with this cleaner (I even read the instructions, which is amazing as I'm a guy), then decided to run two more cleaning cycles - without adding more cleaner - just to make sure I got the cleaner out. The ice making is back to working as it should with no smells or odors from using the cleaner.

If you have a standalone ice maker, I would recommend using this one but I would strongly recommend you purchase this multi-pack of six: at $75.75 per six bottles, that is a lot cheaper and save you almost $20 vs. purchasing them one at a time for $15.50 here on Amazon

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20