Profile for Michael Gallagher > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Gallagher RSS Feed (Houston, TX)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The First Kill (Michael Sykora Novels)
The First Kill (Michael Sykora Novels)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Short Story, September 17, 2014
This is a short, quick read that should take you about 5-10 minutes to read and is perfect for your lunch break at work. It’s a little creepy and bloody, and the author quickly gets you into his short story and entertains you.
I picked this up for free in the Amazon Kindle store vs. its normal 99 cent price – if you enjoy a good short story, I’d recommend you picking this one up for free.

All My Demons
All My Demons

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Short Story, September 17, 2014
This review is from: All My Demons (Kindle Edition)
This is a short, quick read that should take you about 5-10 minutes to read and is perfect for your lunch break at work. The author quickly gets you into his short story and entertains you, and without having a spoiler leaves you with an ending that will make you have a Walter Mitty moment or two as you think “what if” this had happened to you.

The Lost Starship
The Lost Starship
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Start to a Possible New Series, September 17, 2014
This review is from: The Lost Starship (Kindle Edition)
Rather than a true space opera, this is more of an action / adventure or thriller book with a future period of time as the backdrop. The author does a good job of quickly getting you into the story as well as keeping you entertained, but the characters were a little hard to get into and I found the premise of a master race that could wipe out a large human fleet yet all of a sudden stopping their advance in order to chase one random human around the galaxy a little hard to believe.

The author picks up the pace until the last 5% or so, then you get to an abrupt ending – all with the hope of a yet to be determined sequel to finish or continue the tale. That’s fairly frustrating to me as the story seems complete without “a little more” to keep my interest and continue the journey. While this was an overall good tale, and worth the $2.99 I paid for it, I would wait to purchase this one until there is a volume 2; otherwise, you’ll probably get frustrated and forget about this one when volume #2 (if there is a volume 2) is published six months a year from now.

The Prophet #1
The Prophet #1

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Thriller, September 17, 2014
This review is from: The Prophet #1 (Kindle Edition)
The author quickly gets you into the story with some action with a believable plot with today’s terrorists actions and intrigue. Without having a spoiler, to me the pacing of the book starts off fairly intense and then shifts to a brooding phase, before picking right back up with the action that will make you stay up late tapping the page turn section of your Kindle’s screen. If you like a good action thriller, with a sequel out there to keep the story going, I would recommend this one.

I originally picked this up for free during a Kindle promotion vs. its normal price of 99 cents: I certainly received more than 99 cents worth of entertainment value!

Whirlpool - Affresh Washer Machine Cleaner, 6-Tablets, 8.4 oz
Whirlpool - Affresh Washer Machine Cleaner, 6-Tablets, 8.4 oz
Price: $11.98
10 used & new from $9.82

3.0 out of 5 stars No Difference Between this and Bleach Except Cost, September 10, 2014
I really think this is a marketing scam that some people have swallowed hook, line, and sinker (including several of my relatives). I see no difference in the “smell” of the washer or the washer’s output after using this vs. using plain-old bleach. It’s a lot more expensive for the Affresh, however, and I would recommend sticking with bleach – even for your HE washer – than using this.

OXO Good Grips Interlocking Corn Holders, Yellow/Green
OXO Good Grips Interlocking Corn Holders, Yellow/Green
Price: $9.99
5 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Handy and Practical, September 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There’s really nothing sexy about corn holders, but you really get perturbed when you’re using a cheaper version because the pin is either too short or too thin, the handle you are holding is too small and you burn your fingers anyway, they get lost in the drawer or you have three when you’re looking for four, you name it. These are just the right size with larger holders, a stronger pin system that really holds the corn and, better yet, they snap together in place for when it’s time to put them back in the drawer ready for next time.

Ten bucks seems a little pricey in comparison to other alternatives, but you get what you pay for with a quality product. I’ve already thrown away my previous (cheaper) sets and will be sticking with these.

Home Products - - 10 390 / 389 Energizer Watch Batteries SR1130SW Cell
Home Products - - 10 390 / 389 Energizer Watch Batteries SR1130SW Cell
Offered by National Deals
Price: $8.91
16 used & new from $3.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value and Long Shelf Life, September 10, 2014
Hmmm…let’s see, I can go to my local watch store, or a Wal-Mart, and pay about ten bucks each for a replacement battery for my Swatches, or I can buy a ten count blister pack for the same ten bucks? That’s a no-brainer, as I bought this one and felt like I made money after opening up the second one. Please note not all of the 389 / 390 batteries here on Amazon are the same, as I was burned on the Maxell brand due to poor quality – no issues so far with these Energizer batteries!

Please note while the shelf life on these batteries is rated for ten years – these are about two years old (based upon the expiration date on the package). Not an issue for me based upon the cost of ten here vs. one at a local store. If you are looking for a replacement battery for your Swatch, I’d look no further than this item.

DragonPad® Wii to HDMI 720P / 1080P HD Output Upscaling Converter - Supports All Wii Display Modes, HDMI Upscale to 720p or 1080p Output
Offered by Cable Time
Price: $16.00
50 used & new from $13.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended to Keep Your Older Wii Running with a New TV, September 10, 2014
I found it ironic when my local Game Stop said there was no such thing as an HDMI adapter for a Wii, and the young associate was very patronizing and convincing to this grey-haired guy (me) while his junior high posse listened in and salivated on his every word, yet I found this one pretty quick here on Amazon on my phone while I was standing in the store. For $16, I was able to hook up my older Wii to my newer HDMI-compatible TV without any problems, setup issues, etc.

Highly recommended to keep your older Wii running with a new TV vs. running out and buying a new Wii.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 6.5 Feet (2 Meters) Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return [Newest Standard]
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Significantly Cheaper Here on Amazon vs. Best Buy, September 10, 2014
As the title of the product says, this is a basic HDMI cable – I do appreciate, however, the longer version of the cord as I used it to connect a Wii game console in a cabinet to a TV mounted on the wall and this worked perfectly. The better thing is the same size “basic” cord at Best Buy was a little over $39 more than here on Amazon. If you need a good HDMI cable with a little bit of extra length, I would recommend this one.

PlayStar Commercial Grade Gym Rings
PlayStar Commercial Grade Gym Rings
Price: $30.21
20 used & new from $28.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong Rings, September 10, 2014
These rings are pretty strong – besides kids using them, I’ve seen a 250-pound adult swing on a rope swing the handle was attached to with no problem. Please note, however, the width of the handle is really designed for a child’s hands and not necessarily for man hands! If you’re looking for a new or replacement handle for your playground equipment or a rope swing, I would recommend this set.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20