Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Michael Gallagher > Reviews

Browse

Michael Gallagher's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1705
Top Reviewer Ranking: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Gallagher RSS Feed (Houston, TX)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lines of Departure (Frontlines Book 2)
Lines of Departure (Frontlines Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Continuation of the Series, June 20, 2016
Before you start this book, please note it is book #2 in a series: you need to have read the first book, Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines Book 1), first or this one won’t make much sense to you. This installment continues right after the end of Book #2 with lots of action and a writing style that makes you have a hard time putting it down. The author does a nice job of developing more of the back story to his characters. I’m ready for the next installment of the series.

I picked this up for $4.99: I certainly received more than $4.99 worth of entertainment value out of this one. If you enjoyed the first book of the series I imagine you will like this one, also.

The First Men in the Moon
The First Men in the Moon
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult Read, June 20, 2016
While considered a classic because it was written by H.G. Wells, I’m not convinced this was one of his better novels: there appears to be three, maybe four, separate stories that were crammed into one book. One of the sub-stories seems to have a conclusion, while everything else leaves you hanging and makes for a difficult read.

While I do love science fiction and many of the classics of the genre, this one was difficult for me to complete. I picked this up for free during a Kindle promotion – while this specific version of The First Men in the Moon is available for 99 cents, you can pick up a free public domain copy here in the Amazon Kindle store: I’d recommend you pick up the free version vs. paying for this one.

EMP: Heading Home
EMP: Heading Home

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Continuation of the Series, June 20, 2016
This review is from: EMP: Heading Home (Kindle Edition)
Before you read this one, please note it is the second book in a series. You will need to read EMP first, or this one won’t make much sense to you.

Part of this review may contain a spoiler.

I always questioned book one in the series where the main character didn’t go and try and find his family. In this installment, many months after the EMP attack, he sets off on foot for a long walk back to Chicago with his friends. It started off a little slow for me, but around the 30% mark on the Kindle it started picking up and became an enjoyable story (albeit pretty short). The author did a good job of getting you to relate to his main characters, and made you feel as if you are right there in the middle of things with his description of the environment and situations. I’m not sure if this is the end of the EMP saga – if it is, I think there was a good conclusion to the story; if it will be continued, I will pick that installment up to see where the author’s imagination takes us.

The Silver Ships
The Silver Ships

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Start to a Series, June 20, 2016
This review is from: The Silver Ships (Kindle Edition)
This is a pretty good sci fi title and start to a series – there is some interesting dialogue between the main character and an artificial intelligence and gets your mind thinking of the possibilities if you had the future tech here today in your life. I’m looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

Life's Golden Ticket
Life's Golden Ticket
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Will Get You Thinking About Your Life, June 20, 2016
How I found this book is a rather roundabout story as it is not my usual science fiction or thriller title: a friend of my wife’s recommended it to her, she texted me from wherever she was having the discussion to send it to her Kindle, I read the book description and thought I would give it a try as well. I’m glad I did as it is very good – while clearly a motivational / self-improvement title it is told in a story type of way, and I could see this being made in to a successful movie (maybe that is in the works or has already happened?). You’re learning or reaffirming many life lessons, and it has made me stop and think back on some of the things I am doing in my life. In a way, it reminds me a lot of The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom and I’d recommend it to add to your Kindle reading list.

Kindle for PC [Download]
Kindle for PC [Download]
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use, June 20, 2016
This is an easy to use way to read Kindle books on your computer desktop or laptop – installation is quick, and navigation with the menu structure is intuitive. Better yet is the free pricing and no need to go out and purchase a separate Kindle.

Battle Group Avalon (Castle Federation Book 3)
Battle Group Avalon (Castle Federation Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Continuation of the Series, June 13, 2016
Before you start this book, please note it is book #3 in a series: you need to have read the first book, Space Carrier Avalon (Castle Federation Book 1)), first or this one won’t make much sense to you. This installment continues right after the end of Book #2 with lots of action and a writing style that makes you have a hard time putting it down. The author does a nice job of developing more of the back story to his characters. I’m ready for the next installment of the series.

I picked this up for free under the Kindle Unlimited program vs. its normal price of $4.99: I certainly received more than $4.99 worth of entertainment value out of this one. If you enjoyed the first two books of the series I imagine you will like this one, also.

The Empire at War Box Set: British Military Science Fiction
The Empire at War Box Set: British Military Science Fiction

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value on a Sci-Fi Box Set, June 13, 2016
This science fiction box set compilation represents a pretty good value, because if you purchased all of the titles individually you’d spend about $20. It also contains some pretty good stories if you like military-based science fiction.

For example, P.P. Corcoran’s Discovery of the Saiph is a compelling military-based science fiction tale that will get you thinking, and the scenarios and future technology are not too far-fetched to make you cry foul. The author does a good job of getting you to relate to his characters, and the ending has a bit of a cliffhanger that makes you want to continue the series: I’ve read the next two books in that series.

I originally picked this box set up for free vs. its normal price of $2.99 during a Kindle promotion – if you like military-based science fiction, you will certainly get more than $2.99 worth of entertainment value out of this one.

Dead Poets Society
Dead Poets Society
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Enjoyed It, June 12, 2016
This review is from: Dead Poets Society (Amazon Video)
My family and I watched this with a group of high schoolers, and it was just as good to them as when I saw it when it first came out. The actors were very good then and the characterizations / script are just as appropriate today. Robin Williams was great in a serious role, and if you’re looking for a reliable flick to see I would certainly recommend you watching this classic.

HangTight Wiregate Carabiner (Set Of 2) - Mini Aluminum Lightweight Biners - Best For Hammock Suspension, Clipping On Camping Accessories, Keychains, And More. Anodized Orange
Offered by M&R Industries
Price: $21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Hammocks, June 12, 2016
I purchased a set of these for use in hanging one of the family hammocks. The setup is easy and it is able to handle the weight of an adult male, and it is just as easy to take it down – gone are the days of hoping you have tied the hammock up tight enough. If you are considering using this for hanging a hammock, I would recommend you combine this with straps that have the adjustable loops.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20