Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for Michael Gallagher > Reviews

Browse

Michael Gallagher's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1341
Top Reviewer Ranking: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Gallagher RSS Feed (Houston, TX)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Conclusion of the Series, August 24, 2015
Please note this is the sixth installment of a longer series: if you haven’t read the first three books, this one won’t make much sense to you. If you enjoy a good science fiction series with a military bent, I would highly recommend this series and reading it in chronological order vs. series numerical order as follows:

The Slaver Wars: Endgame

The action picks up right where it left off in the last installment and the series comes to a nice conclusion –with a cliffhanger of an ending that sets the stage for a new series. I originally picked this up for $3.99 and I certainly received more than $3.99 worth of entertainment value and read each of these titles as fast as I could – I’m ready to read the continuing saga from Mr. Weil.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2015 3:31 PM PDT

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Installment of the Series (So Far), August 24, 2015
Please note this is the fifth installment of a longer series: if you haven’t read the first three books, this one won’t make much sense to you. If you enjoy a good science fiction series with a military bent, I would highly recommend this series and reading it in chronological order vs. series numerical order as follows:

The Slaver Wars: Endgame

The action picks up right where it left off in the last installment and I am hooked – I thought this one was the best by far and I have seen the author grow as a writer. The technology is something you can wrap your arms around, and you really get into the head of his characters and it makes you feel as if you are right there in the middle of the action. I originally picked this up for $3.99 and I certainly received more than $3.99 worth of entertainment value and read each of these titles as fast as I could – I’m ready to read more from Mr. Weil.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Continuation of the Series, August 24, 2015
Please note this is the fourth installment of a longer series: if you haven’t read the first three books, this one won’t make much sense to you. If you enjoy a good science fiction series with a military bent, I would highly recommend this series and reading it in chronological order vs. series numerical order as follows:

The Slaver Wars: Endgame

The action picks up right where it left off in the last installment and I am hooked. The technology is something you can wrap your arms around, and you really get into the head of his characters and it makes you feel as if you are right there in the middle of the action. I originally picked this up for $3.99 and I certainly received more than $3.99 worth of entertainment value and read each of these titles as fast as I could – I’m ready to read more from Mr. Weil.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Continuation of the Series, August 24, 2015
Please note this is the third installment of a longer series: if you haven’t read the first two books, this one won’t make much sense to you. If you enjoy a good science fiction series with a military bent, I would highly recommend this series and reading it in chronological order vs. series numerical order as follows:

The Slaver Wars: Endgame

Mr. Weil is a fine science fiction writer, and I think you will be hooked into the series as I was. The technology is something you can wrap your arms around, and you really get into the head of his characters and it makes you feel as if you are right there in the middle of the action. I originally picked this up for $2.99 here on Amazon, and I certainly received more than $2.99 worth of entertainment value and read each of these titles as fast as I could – I’m ready to read more from Mr. Weil.

Moon Wreck: Fleet Academy (The Slaver Wars Book 3)
Moon Wreck: Fleet Academy (The Slaver Wars Book 3)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Series - But Be Careful as This is Installment #3, August 24, 2015
Please note this is really the third installment (of three) of a longer, standalone, book called Moon Wreck (The Slaver Wars Book 1). If you haven't read the first two installments of the series, this one won't make much sense to you. While this short story is enjoyable, if you enjoy a good science fiction series with a military bent, if I were you I would pass this one up and start reading the series in chronological order vs. series numerical order as follows:

The Slaver Wars: Endgame

Why do I say pass this one up? Well, it leads to a lot of open questions as it builds from the first two installments; if you're like me you want to keep have a good idea of what is going on, and I enjoy good science fiction series so I would recommend reading the series in the order above. Mr. Weil is a fine science fiction writer, and I think you will be hooked into the series as I was.

Foxnovo FP10 10400mAh Power Bank Charger Dual-Port External Battery Charger with Lithium Polymer Ultra-thin Aluminum Alloy for iPhone 6 Plus 6, 5S 5, 4S 4, iPod, iPad ,Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge S6 S5 S4 , Most Other Cell Phone and Tablets (Silver)
Offered by Minecarts
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact Design and Reliable External Power, August 24, 2015
I’ve tested and used a lot of external battery chargers, and this one is better than most. The larger pack will charge up my phone and Fire a couple of times when they are at 50% or less power –and have really helped me out in airports lately. The size is just right to fit in the individual pouches in my laptop bag, and if you are looking for a reliable and convenient portable power solution I would recommend this two-pack external battery charger – at just $29.99 the cost per mAh is comparable to others being sold here on Amazon.

Please note I was provided a free sample of this product in return for an honest review.

Bullet Bottle Opener with Keychain - BEERS NO WAR - Gift Box Package
Bullet Bottle Opener with Keychain - BEERS NO WAR - Gift Box Package

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique and Solid, August 24, 2015
I love this unique bottle opener – it appears to be indestructible after using it to open a few cases of beer and soft drinks. The bullet shape is also a great conversation piece when friends are over sitting on the back porch, and in a test with a “regular” bottle opener next to it a group of guests always picked this one to use.

If you’re looking for a unique bottle opener that “regular” people don’t have, I would recommend this sturdy and unique outdoor companion.

A free sample of this product was provided for test and evaluation in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Amish Cooking Gloves - Heat Resistant Silicone for BBQ & Kitchen - Oven Mitts with Fingers - Lifetime Guarantee
Offered by Team Amazing
Price: $19.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Gloves and No Heat Bleed Through, August 24, 2015
This is my second pair of silicone gloves to use and I have been using these for a few months now – I like the ones we used for inside with the oven, and I use these for outside on the grill and smoker. The gloves do the job well – they protect your hands and fingers from hot material and you don’t feel a gradual increase in the heat like you do with a cloth glove or mitt if you are holding on to a hot item for more than 5-10 seconds.

If you spill something on them, cleanup is easy – you just rinse them under the sink and whatever spilled on them washes right off without the stains you would find in a cloth mitt, plus you can immediately use them again without waiting for them to dry.

Putting them on and taking them off isn’t difficult, but the silicone does feel a little strange on your hand at first until you get used to it after a couple of times. If you’re looking for a good kitchen or outdoor BBQ mitt that doesn’t have the heat bleed through, I would recommend this one.

Skiva PowerVault AP103 2600mAh Portable Battery Pack with built-in Lightning and Micro-USB cables for iPhone 6 6Plus 5s, iPod, Samsung and more - Black
Offered by Skiva
Price: $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Compact Size But Limited Capacity, August 24, 2015
I took this on an out-of-town trip as I knew I would be sitting in an airport for a while before the flight before arriving to my destination. I didn't know if I would need it, but took it just in case - that just in case actually happened, as I couldn't find a good outlet in the airport waiting area (which happens a lot), and I needed to charge my phone as it was dead.

This charger charged the phone all the way up in about an hour and a half or so with no problem and with juice to spare; who knows how many other devices it would have charged. Traveling a lot, as well as living in a hurricane-prone area, I will certainly have this thing charged up and ready to go.

The pros of this unit are the small size that can fit just about anywhere, plus you can charge up just about anything that has a USB cord to attach. The major con, despite my comment above, is the capacity is just 2600mAh and, at a price of just under $30 here on Amazon it’s a little pricey in comparison to other power chargers that have 4x (or more) capacity.

The compact size is very convenient and everyone who is a road warrior or who lives in a hurricane / natural disaster area should something similar. While the small size is convenient, you may want to investigate other options to get more power capacity for your dollar.

Large [3.35"] Sharp Non-slip Fingernail Clippers and Smooth Glass Nail File - Clean Cut with Only Gentle Pressure - For Men, Women and Seniors - Highest Quality Stainless Steel, By Klick Professional
Offered by Klick Professional
Price: $24.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Job and Very Sharp, August 24, 2015
It’s hard to get excited about nail clippers, but I will tell you these are great – the right balance and feel, and you are able to get maximum leverage without much “oomph” and they are extremely sharp. They are also not too heavy and do the job well without leaving things ragged (if you have used a bad set of clippers, you know what I mean). I’ve since thrown away my previous pair of clippers in favor of this one and, at $11.98 here on Amazon they are a good value to me. If you’re looking for a new set of clippers, I would recommend this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20