Profile for Michael Gallagher > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Gallagher RSS Feed (Houston, TX)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX for PC and Mac
Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX for PC and Mac
Offered by T.R.G.
Price: $62.00
129 used & new from $38.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Way Too Sensitive, February 25, 2015
I’ve used this mouse for about a month now and I have a love / hate relationship with it. It was easy to setup and install, and it is larger than most mice pointing devices and feels good in your hand. The thing I hate about it is it is way too sensitive and there isn’t an apparent way to adjust it – if you use the wheel to scroll even slightly, and stop the wheel, it will keep on scrolling down with a random jump backwards (and yes, I have gone into Control Panel in an attempt to adjust it); you end up wasting a lot of time trying to go to where you wanted the pointer to go. It’s very frustrating and makes it almost impossible to use with copy / paste exercise or scrolling along on an Excel file. For $60, it feels like a waste of money and I will try to find something different that works.

Q-Squared (Star Trek)
Q-Squared (Star Trek)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It Was Just "Okay", February 20, 2015
As far as a science fiction tale goes, this one was just okay – this one had way too much dialogue, and the Trelane character, combined with Captain Kirk, Picard, Q, etc. seemed as if the author was really trying too hard to bring in not only TNG characters but rope in the fans of the original series. Without having a spoiler, the Trelane character was more obnoxious than he was menacing. Star Trek fans should really like this one as it revisits a lot of their favorite characters but science fiction fans will feel a little bit of a letdown: I did.

I originally picked this up for $1.99 during a Kindle Daily Deal vs. its normal price of $7.99: at $7.99 it would have been a disaster. If you’re more into science fiction vs. TNG, I would give this one a pass at that price.

Mead File Folders, Letter Size, 1/3-Cut Tab, Manila, 50 per Box (25708)
Mead File Folders, Letter Size, 1/3-Cut Tab, Manila, 50 per Box (25708)
Price: $9.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy File Folders, February 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These file folders are just like most file folders you can get at your local office supply store: they are sturdy and hold up and have three different locations for the tabs so you can label them and sort them how you want in your file cabinet. I particularly like the fact they are not flimsy, but at $9.50 for pack of 50 they are priced a little higher than my local office store. However, the price difference isn’t that much and it more than offsets the time and costs of hopping into the car in order to save a buck or two per package.

Resurrection of Liberty
Resurrection of Liberty
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Story, February 16, 2015
This is a pretty good tale which is geared more toward the male young adult audience vs. an adult science fiction fan, but it was an enjoyable read that reminded me of several books I read while growing up. It has your usual elements for something of that era – young misunderstood youths who find an ancient starship and now they are also responsible for saving the world. It had a good pace and plotlines, and the author left the opening for a sequel which I think I would purchase and read just to see where his imagination takes me next.

I originally purchased this book for 99 cents during a Kindle promotion vs. its $2.99 regular price. If you enjoy a good youth-oriented science fiction story, I’d recommend your giving this one a chance.

Fine Wine (A Tale of the Assassin Without a Name #1)
Fine Wine (A Tale of the Assassin Without a Name #1)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Short Story, February 16, 2015
This is a good, quick-hit (and dark) short story I read during my lunch break at work, which is ironic considering the scene of this story. While taking less than five minutes to read, the author quickly get you having a visual of the surroundings and situations, and left it with a different ending than you would expect. If you enjoy reading a well-written short story, I would recommend this one especially since it is free here in the Amazon Kindle store.

The Gate
The Gate
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Short Story, February 16, 2015
This review is from: The Gate (Kindle Edition)
This is a good, quick-hit (and dark) short story that is good for your lunch break at work. While taking less than five minutes to read, the author quickly get you into the story and wraps it up with a conclusion that is believable. If you enjoy reading a well-written short story, I would recommend this one.

State Pen Pal
State Pen Pal
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-Written Short Story, February 16, 2015
This review is from: State Pen Pal (Kindle Edition)
This is a good, quick-hit (and dark) short story that is good for a quick read during your lunch break at work. I’ve enjoyed several of Bill Bernico’s short stories and he’s pretty consistent: he can quickly get you into the middle of the story and able to follow along with the main plot or story, and wraps it up with a conclusion that is believable. If you enjoy reading a well-written short story, I would recommend this one.

Tin Sign : Uncle Sam I Want You, Art Poster , 13x16
Tin Sign : Uncle Sam I Want You, Art Poster , 13x16
Offered by ClassicVariety
Price: $14.99
9 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp Colors and Looks Good Hanging on the Wall, February 12, 2015
This is a good reproduction of the classic American recruiting poster. The colors are sharp and bright, and the sign is neither too thin or too thick and looks good hanging on the wall. For just $8 here on Amazon it adds a lot of good character to our game room.

Kyasi Qi Enabled Power To Go Base Charging Station, White
Kyasi Qi Enabled Power To Go Base Charging Station, White
Offered by AV House
Price: $40.06
13 used & new from $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great and Simple to Use, February 8, 2015
Bottom line is this is great – gone are the rats nest of cords from my counter top, as I can just place the phone on top of this base station but please note you will need a Qi compliant device or case – in my situation I have a Qi-enabled case that has a built-in battery pack. That’s it – just put the case on top of the charger and it starts charging – no extra wires or worrying about the charging port becoming messed up and loose over time. Now, we just need more companies making Qi-compliant devices.

A free sample of this product was provided for test and evaluation in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Kyasi Power To Go 3500 mAh battery case for 100% More Battery Life iPhone 6 Jet Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Added Power, February 8, 2015
I like this power pack / case combination, but it does add a little extra in terms of length and thickness – understandable considering it applies over your phone. Installation over your phone was easy, but you need to make sure the cover is securely connecting to the top or you will have the top frequently snap to the “open” position when you pull it out of your pocket.

Charging is easy – I can charge both the phone and the battery pack in the case simultaneously, and go into the evening hours after starting the morning with no problems: that’s fairly significant to me, as the phone would start showing a low charge around mid-afternoon prior to installing this power pack / case combination.

As I type this review, the price is $19.99 vs. its normal price of $99.95; considering the price of competitive products out there, as well as the significant boost to my talk / text / email time, this one is a bargain and I wish I had had something similar several years ago vs. lugging around a larger external battery pack.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20