Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Jennifer Ann Conley > Reviews

Browse

Jennifer Ann Con...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennifer Ann Conley RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
The Royal We
The Royal We
by Heather Cocks
Price: $11.00
121 used & new from $3.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Read Until the Ending Cuts Off, April 14, 2015
This review is from: The Royal We (Hardcover)
A very entertaining book and a fun take on the real love story between Prince William and Kate Middleton.

As someone interested in the "fairytale romance" between the prince and his commoner wife, I was intrigued by the idea of fictionalizing it. It was fun to see where they drew their inspiration from such as William's hatred of the press and such.

I liked how they made their characters their own even if I feel like in some instances things were exaggerated a bit too much. I find it hard to believe that the difficulties of the prince of england marrying a united states citizen would be dismissed so readily. Yes I know she eventually signed away her rights of citizenship but not before he told her she didn't have to and it wasn't necessary. I find that idea ludicrous that the future queen wouldn't have to be an English citizen.

One quibble that really kept me from giving it a full five stars was how it ended. It was so fast paced and entertaining and then it just sort of ended. We were left with so many questions and unresolved issues that it left me hanging.

Overall it was very enjoyable light hearted fun

niceEshop(TM) Creative Kitchenware Silicone Round Egg Yolk Out Separators Pluck Yolk Extractors
Offered by CZ-Sky
Price: $3.88
3 used & new from $3.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 2, 2014
I loved it, does just what I wanted without getting my hands messy. My mom wanted one as soon as she saw it!

Once Upon a Tower (Fairy Tales)
Once Upon a Tower (Fairy Tales)
by Eloisa James
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.98
128 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Once Upon A Tower or by it's other name Edie Plays the Cello!, July 7, 2013
I'm finding that Eloisa Jame's fairy tale series has gone down hill since A Kiss At Midnight. The Ugly Duchess was simply terrible but I had high hopes for Once Upon A Tower because the fairy tale of Rapunzel is a particular favorite tale of mine and the summary sounded so interesting with her locking herself in a tower and everything. I was excited and I even preordered the book, eager to read it the second it came out.

Boy was I wrong.

The summary of this book should be this. Edie plays the cello and is very very good at it. The end.

The entire book is about the cello. How she practices 5 hours a day, how it's how she relates to her father, how it's so unfair that she is a woman and can't play professionally. Oh look they are playing the cello again. Oh but here comes her fiance, don't worry there isn't any conflict there, he's impressed by her cello playing. She even sets their marriage based on her cello and so did her father! Sure there are a couple of deviants, her stepmother's painful need to get her husband's attention but don't worry, the author doesn't sit on that too long because Edie needs to play the cello again.

Did I mention that Edie plays the cello?

If I wanted to read about the cello then I would read a book about the cello. Instead I'll go reread A Kiss at Midnight where the whole book isn't about an instrument. Seriously, save your money for something better...perhaps a cello.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2015 6:43 PM PST

The Heist (Fox and O'Hare Series, Book 1)
The Heist (Fox and O'Hare Series, Book 1)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it in 4 hours, June 23, 2013
I got an email alert saying that the book I preordered was now downloaded onto my kindle only a few minutes after midnight.

I wound up reading this book until two in the morning, getting up and finishing it as soon as I woke up without even getting out of bed!

It was just that good! The love/hate relationship between Fox and O'Hare is sizzling and I was laughing out loud so much it's a good thing I didn't read this in public.

I highly recommend this book for anyone wanting something fun and here's to hoping we get more books with Fox and O'Hare!

Halloween Spider Web Bead for Snake Chain Charm Bracelet
Halloween Spider Web Bead for Snake Chain Charm Bracelet
Offered by SEXY SPARKLES
Price: $5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for...which isn't much, June 13, 2013
My parents bought me this charm as a joke. I thought it was cute and put it on my Pandora bracelet. Within a month it was already tarnishing. A couple months later the spider broke off completely.

It was only 5 dollars but I'd invest my money with something better.

The Ugly Duchess (Fairy Tales Book 4)
The Ugly Duchess (Fairy Tales Book 4)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring!, November 24, 2012
I bought this book because I really liked her Happily Ever After series, especially the one based on Cinderella. This one seemed interesting and unique so I couldn't wait for this to come out.

I bought it as soon as it was released and started reading and then I waited...and waited...and waited for it to get good.

Instead I found that the plot moved slowly, for at least 3/4ths of the book the two main characters aren't even on the same continent. Everything moved at a snails pace and when they finally did reunite, it was so close to the end that the whole resolution fell flat. It was ridiculous, there was nothing keeping them apart when they met again so there was no drama, no suspense just...dullness.

I wouldn't read this book again. In fact, I couldn't even get to the last page before I gave up on it.

Scoundrel In My Dreams: The Runaway Brides
Scoundrel In My Dreams: The Runaway Brides
by Celeste Bradley
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
102 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed, December 14, 2010
This was an enchanting book really. I found the hero to be very enticing and dark and the heroine was likable but also strong. I think what made the book really wonderful was Melody, it was easy to see how she captured the heart of everyone at Browns.

The only quibble I had was that this was the last book in a trilogy and it was a little difficult to follow without reading the other two, I might go back and read the previous two novels but it isn't wholly necessary but it would fill in some gaps.

Tangled
Tangled

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney is Back!!, November 17, 2010
This review is from: Tangled (MP3 Music)
I'm a huge Disney fan so I had been looking forward to The Princess and the Frog last year and I was disappointed, it was cute but there were a lot of weak moments and one of those was the songs. They just weren't memorable.

So Disney went with the great Alan Menken for Tangled and let me tell you it worked! Tangled has some awesome music. I love "Mother Knows Best" for it's broadway like feel, "I've Got a Dream" is hilarious and perfect for the fun side characters. While I liked "When Will My Life Begin" the second reprise for it is amazing! It sounds very reminiscent of Ariel's reprise of "Part of Your World"! "I Can See The Light" is beautiful and romantic, and who knew Zachary Levi could sing?! He's great! "Healing Incantation" is hauntingly beautiful too, be it chilling with Donna Murphy sings in Prologue, adorable when young Rapunzel sings it in Prologue, or sweet and tearful when Mandy Moore sings in The Tear Heals.

Even the score is beautiful! "Campfire" is gorgeous "Kingdom Dance" is so much fun, I can't wait to see it on the big screen with everything going on, "The Tear Heals" gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

Bottom line, I haven't been this excited for a Disney film since I was a kid, if the film is half as good as the music then we are in for a real treat!

Gears of War: Anvil Gate
Gears of War: Anvil Gate
by Karen Traviss
Price: $13.04
97 used & new from $3.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Setting the Stage for the Game, September 27, 2010
Karen Traviss continues her novels of the Gears of War franchise with Anvil Gate, a book that clearly is setting everything up for the sure to be explosive book and the third game in Gears of War (which Traviss is writing)

This book was similar to Jacinto's remnant with an emphasis on survival but also had a lot more political intrigue as we see that what remains of the COG are fractured into four places: the citizens of Pelruan who are against the Independents and the Stranded, the remnants of Jacinto who are still battle shocked that they will follow Prescott wherever he goes, the Independants who have joined the COG our of necessity and have their own problems with the Stranded while keeping their own army in tact, and finally the Stranded who have taken amnesty but aren't exactly friendly neighbors.

Tensions run high in this book where "The ends justify the means" becomes a philosophy but is still brought in to question, when are you going too far?

Baird takes a front row seat in this novel, him being one of the primary characters. It's interesting how Traviss portrays him. In the game Baird is an ass. In the book he is still an ass but a likable one as we get to see just who he is. HIs loyalty to Marcus and more importantly his friendship with Cole. Out of all of Delta Squad, Baird is most ideally suited for this post war rebuilding era because of his skill as an engineer, finally he feels like he matters. It's interesting to look at his character from that angle.

Dom is still shattered over Maria but is beginning to mend, what is clear though is he is now attached to Marcus even more since Marcus is "all he has left". In Dom we see a broken man, in so many pieces that it may not be possible to put them all together.

Bernie is still around but her character is more of a companion this time around, being there to help Hoffman and the others sort out their messes. She is still fun (and has a dog!) while still dealing with her new reputation that has happened because of the events surrounding Jacinto's Remnant.

Hoffman also gets more development this time around as we finally read about the elusive Anvil Gate, the "defining moment in his career" as we have read previously. I didn't find the flashbacks this time around nearly as compelling as they were in Aspho Fields but they were still interesting and the present time more than made up for the flashbacks.

The interesting part of the flashbacks to Anvil Gate was finally getting into Adam Fenix's head. As any Gears fan will know Adam is alive in the final game so it is great to see the roots of his character being planted now.

That is what I love about Traviss' novels. The author really knows how to set up little clues along the way, little details that end up mattering a lot later on in the novel. We see the roots of the HAmmer of Dawn in Adam's mind in this novel, we see the first possible hint at the Locust with Elaine, we see the first fractures of the COG here in the novel beginning with old grudges from the Pendulum Wars.

We also finally get to see the Lambent again, being absent in Jacinto's Remnant, we get a clear glimpse at how dangerous this new enemy is and how what little peace we had after Gears 2 is now gone as well.

Like I said, this book is setting the stage for the final chapters in the Gears series, bread crumbs along the way to our final destination. It is an entertaining and interesting read as well as a necessity for any Gears fan

The Three Stooges: 75th Anniversary
The Three Stooges: 75th Anniversary
DVD ~ Curly Joe deRita
34 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Always Read Reviews!, March 10, 2010
My dad bought this item online without reading any comments on it at all, he is a big Stooges fan and thought that he was in for a real treat. He popped this in on Christmas day ready to savor his favorite trio.

Was he in for a surprise.

The first DVD had only 4 shorts on it and only one of these shorts had Curly, the rest had Shemp. Since Curly is my dad's favorite he was understandably outraged. This was 75th Anniversary collection, you think it would actually have some new content and more than a handful of shorts. Instead the only good thing about this collection was the biographies of the Stooges that was in a little booklet with the DVD. Of course since most of that information could be found online my family wasn't impressed.

While my dad grumbled about how worthless this collection was, I went online to read the reviews on it...and what do you know? Turns out he could have saved himself a lot of pain if he had done a little research ahead of time.

The good news is that during my reasearch I found the huge collection of The Three Stooges that Sony released and so my Dad wil be getting a nice surprise for his birthday. But this collection will be going in the back of the closet until we can get rid of it at a garage sale
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2010 7:17 PM PDT