Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for Yadira Luo > Reviews

Browse

Yadira Luo's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Yadira Luo RSS Feed

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the money., June 20, 2011
Prior to buying these, I purchased 5-Layers Unisex Height Increase Lift Shoes Insole Taller Silicon and personally, I like these better than the silicone one. I was not quite satisfied with the other insoles because the increase effect is done only in the heel part. The problem that this causes is that you have no arch support, even though I used an additional arch support insole. This put all the weight of my body on two small spots - on my heels and the ball of my feet. After a couple of days, my feet were very sore. Also, keep in mind I used all 5 layers to give me the full height effect. Using less layers shifted some of my weight back to their usual spots, but the point of the insole is to give me the maximum boost possible. Don't get me wrong, I still use those insoles in a pair of shoes but only with enough layers that doesn't make my foot uncomfortable.

This lead me to buy this product as its cover the whole shoe. First things first, you need to have high top sneakers, boots, shoes for this to work. A lot of people gave this product a bad review for this reason, when it is obvious that the insole would displace a lot of the space inside the shoe. I think it is unfair to give the product a low rating because of a mistake the buyer committed. Anyhow, I put these in my newly purchased high top sneakers and they fit perfectly (my shoe size is 10.5-11). Using both parts of the insole really increases my height. I'm 5'7" without shoes. With shoes and these insoles my height is boosted to about 5'10.5". 2 inches from the insoles and a couple more from my sneakers. And since the insoles are closer to my arch because they are not as slanted as the silicone insoles, my heels and the balls of my feet are not taking all the weight of my body when I walk.

One downside of using the insoles is that it is awkward to walk with them at first. I am not a girl, so I would assume it feels the same as wearing high heels. But this downside applies to all height increasing insoles. Also, because these insoles displace so much of the space throughout your shoe, I couldn't fit my custom support insoles on top of these insoles. The toebox in the sneakers I tried it on, wasn't big enough for this. And for this reason there is some arch support, but not as much as I would like when I use my own support insoles.

Two Stainless Steel Watchband Spring Bar Pins For Attaching Watch Band To Watches 20 mm
Offered by The Watchband Store
Price: $5.50
5 used & new from $2.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, bad fit, and overpriced., June 15, 2011
I tried to adjust the clasp in my in my Invicta Men's 9211 Speedway Collection Chronograph Watch ended up losing the original pin so I ended up buying this. The spring pin is too thick and long to fit through the band. The stated band width in the product description is 20mm for the watch, but this pin didn't fit. I took the other spring pin left in the clasp and measured to be 16mm. Also the pin needed for the watch clasp is 1.5mm, not 1.8mm. I ordered a whole box of 270pcs of different sizes (8mm-26mm) and a 1.5mm thickness for a couple of dollars more. This product gets three stars from me for being overpriced. I guess getting it through Amazon Prime would justify its price.

Master Lock 177D Shrouded Set-Your-Own Combination Padlock, 2-inch
Master Lock 177D Shrouded Set-Your-Own Combination Padlock, 2-inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gym lock., October 28, 2010
I upgraded my gym lock from the regular Master Lock that you see in every locker to this one and I am glad I did the change. Let me start off by saying that I got this lock mainly because I needed a lock that I could put in the gym locker and not worry about it being clipped overnight. The combo feature was also a must because carrying a key while working out is just asking for disaster.

My main concern prior to buying this lock was that it might have been too big to be usable. Unlike the other reviewer, this lock fits perfectly for my gym's lockers, almost too perfect. So buyers think twice about this.

So after three years or so of owning this lock, all I have to give is positive feedback:

-My lock was never clipped (because they couldn't) while countless of other regular locks (not shrouded) in my gym were clipped.
-The combo I set stayed, unlike other reviewers. But I only used the lock indoors.
-The way that it opens (you need to get the combo right and push it up) prevent people from messing around with your lock and guessing the combo.

So overall, if you need a lock that offers more protection and will remain indoors all the time, this lock is the one you need to buy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2011 9:30 AM PST

Schwinn Thrasher Adult Micro Bicycle black/grey Helmet (Adult)
Schwinn Thrasher Adult Micro Bicycle black/grey Helmet (Adult)
Price: $24.77
8 used & new from $18.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay helmet., October 11, 2009
This is the first bike helmet I've ever owned. It fits comfortably, the straps are soft and don't scratch your face. The easy dial at the back of the helmet to adjust the size of the helmet is a big plus. My only complaints about the helmet is that the plastic covering the helmet is cheaply glued to the Styrofoam. Also, the Styrofoam feels kinda cheap/flimsy. I kind of dented it accidentally when it hit the side of my desk. I don't know if this happens to other helmets as I have nothing to compare it with. But overall, for the price its nice. Wish I spend 10 dollars more for the gyro though.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 6 weeks, May 30, 2009
In terms of sound, this sennheiser are a 7/10. At first, the sound was horrible. Very tiny bass and ear-piercing highs. After listening to them for 10+ hours, the bass got somewhat better and the highs balanced out. I owned a pair of metrofi's in the past and the bass was a lot better than these.

Comfort was alright for these headphones. The silicone tips provided OK isolation. I take the NYC subway to college every day and it muffled the sound of the train and made conversation of other ppl almost non-existent. The only thing that I didnt like about them was the right side being longer than the other. The whole weight of the mic and the cable would rest upon my left ear so it was kind of annoying. It got this fixed by using those earphone clips but clipping it to a part of my attire was still somewhat annoying.

Here comes the worst part of the headphones. Durability for these pair of headphones was... lets just say they lasted me 6 weeks. One day, all of a sudden, the sound in the right ear just dissappeared. I tried moving the wire around the jack which made the sound come back for a while. After 30 mins the sound in both side died. I bought my headphones from the marketplace and Im assuming its not an "authorized seller" so I cant provide any proof of purcharse valid to sennheiser for them to replace my earphones.

All in all, these pair of headphones were okay while they lasted. It made my commute bearable but it broke on me after more or less 6 weeks. Luckily, I bought these for 30 bucks. If I paid the regular retail price of 100 bucks, I would be pissed. Now Im waiting for my metrofi 200vi and Altec Lansing UHP366 which received better reviews.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2009 3:09 AM PDT

New Stereo Headset Hands-free Earphone with build-in Microphone for Apple iPhone, 3G - Compatible with iPod Touch, iPod Classic, iPod Nano 3G 2G 1G, iPod Shuffle and MP3 MP4 - White
Offered by SF Planet
Price: $3.99
2 used & new from $2.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Just wasted my money..., February 21, 2009
Keep your money and invest on something better because this headphones WILL dissappoint you. Sound is all muffled, nothing crisp. Used them once to try them and never put them on again. Save your money.

Ultimate Ears-Metro.fi 100v Noise-Isolating Earphones for iPhone (Black)
Ultimate Ears-Metro.fi 100v Noise-Isolating Earphones for iPhone (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good sound.. durability no good..., February 21, 2009
The sound is better than most of the cheap headphones I've had in the past. The microphone works and is situated nicely. Only complaint was that the left side stopped working after 2 weeks of use. I seemed to fix it by taping the connection at the jack. But seriously, only 2 weeks?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2009 11:19 PM PST

16 Oz. Premium Black Ink Refill Kit for Canon Printers
16 Oz. Premium Black Ink Refill Kit for Canon Printers

4.0 out of 5 stars It works!, October 18, 2008
This is the first refill kit I buy and I have to say that I'm very satisfied. So far I only refilled my cartridge once and its printing nicely. According to the product description, one bottle lasts for 40 refills and that's a very nice deal for the price. The reason I give this product a 4-star is because the ink rather than being truly black it looks more than a dark grey-ish color but I don't mind for the price.