ARRAY(0x971d6618)

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

caf "Carey" RSS Feed (ND)

The Secret Keeper: A Novel
The Secret Keeper: A Novel
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $8.52

5.0 out of 5 stars character development that continues up til the end, February 5, 2014
Amazing plot twists and character development. Slow start if you put it down too frequently but picks up steam and then puts you through a roller coaster of emotions as each character is unravelled.

BetterBody Foods & Nutrition Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 28 Ounce
BetterBody Foods & Nutrition Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 28 Ounce
Price: $11.68
21 used & new from $8.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastes fine afterall, August 10, 2013
I just got home from Sam's Club and read the reviews... and was bummed. Made sure I still had my receipt and opened one of the two containers to check the smell & flavor. Luckily it smelled like coconut, and tasted as a coconut oil should. Yes, I am partial to Nutiva's taste, but this version will do the trick and at a good cost. I'll likely use it for cooking and save my favorites for eating directly and adding to coffee. The differences are similar to coconut waters... some just taste creamier, more vanilla-y/coconut.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Still loved by baby #4, November 23, 2008
I purchased this for my first born a few years ago, and now I'm about to have my 5th. My eldest is now only 4 1/2 (yes, a kid a year).... so this toy has had steady use. I don't even bother attaching it to the gymini anymore with my 12 mos. old (I only do so when baby can only lie on her/his back and kick...and eventually reach). Now, I just hand it to my youngest to play with, and he loves the soft chiming.
Over the years, I've become far more anti-plastic when it comes to the toys and I've weeded through many of the brightly colored, battery-operated junk we've been suckered into thinking we've 'needed' for our kids. This toy however, isn't annoying with the noise it makes and creates just the right distraction when changing a squirmy child's diaper. It can be tossed into the car, or hung from a gymini. We're hanging on to this one....for baby #5 to enjoy. If you have to get one gift for a friend....this would be a good one, along with some useful items like diapers, and extra onesies or side-snap t-shirts :)

Fisher-Price Infant-To-Toddler Rocker in Blue/Red
Fisher-Price Infant-To-Toddler Rocker in Blue/Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, waiting for it to become great., February 9, 2005
First off, I have last years model. From what I can tell, the difference is the color scheme. I bought this for my daughter when she was about 4 months old. She's 11 months now. At first, she didn't like the vibrating, as it made her itchy and she'd rub her face. Now that she's older, she's OK with the vibrating mode. It's nice and portable and is good for keeping her put for a short while. She does get bored in it if stuck there for too long...but not much more than others things that are confining. At her current age, the activity center does the job a little better, but a bit bulkier, so this is great for hauling into the bathroom and keeping her safe and in view while I shower. Oh, so now that's she older she is able to yank off the toys that can be velcroed to the top bar. Not a big deal. Try the linkadoos and attach your kid's toy du jour to the links...attached in turn to the waist strap. DD is fond of throwing toys overboard these days, so with the links, they don't go far, and she can then reach over and retrieve them herself.

NOW, I MUST MENTION TWO things I don't like about this item. FIRST, my daughter isn't yet tall enough to reach her feet to the floor and rock herself, and she gets a bit frustrated at staying still in the non-rocking position for too long. I know that in time, she'll grow and that issue will be resolved.

But, the MOST IMPORTANT thing to note, is not to assume your child is safe and secure if you dash out of site for a moment. My daughter leans so far forward in the chair now (but is unable to reach the floor with her feet), that the entire cloth back just comes forward with her, since she's strapped in. No big deal I thought, until...I left the room for a moment, and when I returned, she was crawling on the floor! I have NO idea how my little houdini did it, but I had her buckled in...and the waist strap was still buckled! The chair wasn't even overturned! There she was nearby examining our heat register in the floor. We were VERY lucky since there were other non-baby-safe items within her reach and the door to the room was open...and the house not yet completely baby-proofed. My husband and I were in utter amazement and the only thing we could come up with is that she leaned so far forward to reach something on the ground in front of her, that her body just folded over itself and she simnply somersaulted out of the chair...her legs sliding out of the belt (and it's on the tightest setting...but still doesn't fit as snug as I think it should...but I never thought THAT would happen). The chair must have just rocked back into it's upright position...and there she was crawling around happy-go-lucky; unscathed by the event.

I still think the chair is a good thing...will last longer than a bouncer. However, NOW, if I have to dash out of site for a moment, I make sure the rocker is in the non-rocking position so that it doesn't lean with her if she tries to reach forward too far.

This just seems to be an awkard stage to get it's best use.

If they could improve upon the fit of the harness belt, and make the cloth back somehow not move so much with the baby as he/she leans forward while belted in...I would give it five stars.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2011 12:31 PM PST