Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD
Profile for lex scholar > Reviews

Browse

lex scholar's Profile

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

lex scholar "lex scholar" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
FAVOLCANO Easycap USB 2.0 Audio Video VHS to DVD Converter Capture Card Adapter
FAVOLCANO Easycap USB 2.0 Audio Video VHS to DVD Converter Capture Card Adapter
Offered by favolcano
Price: $12.05
2 used & new from $12.05

1.0 out of 5 stars I suspect if the software was any good, the device would be fine, January 31, 2016
Did not install properly on my Windows 7 machine. I suspect if the software was any good, the device would be fine. Instructions are awful. Even after following all the tips in these comments, all I get is "Capture device failed to initialize." A couple of wasted hours of my life I'll never get back. Stay very far away. Going back to Amazon.

Clarks Men's Bushacre 2 Boot,Beeswax Leather,11 M US
Clarks Men's Bushacre 2 Boot,Beeswax Leather,11 M US
Price: $63.71
20 used & new from $56.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The build quality exceeds my expectations., January 12, 2016
I love the classic look and lines of these boots. The build quality exceeds my expectations. I was slightly alarmed by the reviews stating size recommendations different than my standard shoe size. I've noticed nothing of the sort. These boots will definitely have a "break-in" period. I'm confident these will quickly become my favorites. It's been too long since I wore a pair of Clark's shoes.

Flexfit Mossy Oak Camouflage Cap, Infinity, X-Large / XX-Large
Flexfit Mossy Oak Camouflage Cap, Infinity, X-Large / XX-Large
Offered by The Hat Pros
Price: $10.34
6 used & new from $10.09

3.0 out of 5 stars When XXL Doesn't Mean X X L, January 12, 2016
Great fit and finish. Quality hat. Great camo pattern. I like the fact it has a "structured front" that retains its shape. They even advertise that it fits an XXL melon. I hope it stretches!!! A bunch! In the meantime, I guess I'll just have to suffer through the tight fit. My search for a comfortable hunting cap continues...

Marsboy Bluetooth V4.0 Headphones Wireless Swift Sweatproof Running Stereo Earphones with Microphone
Offered by TopBrandBoxUS
Price: $24.99
4 used & new from $14.27

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Believe The Reviews, January 12, 2016
So much potential! Great looking piano black finish. Long battery life. Excellent fitment options. Easily pair. Attractive design. Good range. But...

...they fail miserable at the one job they are required to do well. Wirelessly connect to my Bluetooth device. Pairing and initial connection are no problem. As soon as I put my phone in my pocket and start walking, the connection becomes a garbled with intermittent sound and digital Bluetooth cutouts/ins. If I hold my phone closer to the ear buds, the sound is fine. Phone in pocket, intermittent/garbled sound returns. I've got 2 other sets of Bluetooth ear buds that do not experience this problem, so it is not my phone. These buds have a substandard Bluetooth radio for connecting reliably to your phone.

These are going back to Amazon. Look elsewhere for a better ear bud without so many fake reviews.

EDIT: Seller "TopbrandboxUS" reached out to me as a result of this review. They quickly sent me a replacement device for testing. I was impressed that a company would do that! I dutifully charged the replacement unit and paired with my Nexus 6. I placed my phone in my pocket and went on a walk. Cut-outs immediately returned as I walked. I did find that the problem was somewhat lessened if I changed the orientation of my phone in my pocket (screen out/upside down, etc.). I really wanted this to work. I was disappointed. Keep in mind, I do not have this issue with any other bluetooth devices. A big "Thumbs UP!" to TopbrandboxUS as seller. I will make sure and give them positive seller review. However, my review stands for the product itself.

Quick Charge 2.0, Anker 24W USB Car Charger PowerDrive+ 1 for Galaxy S6/Edge/Plus, Note 4/5/Edge, Nexus 6, Xperia Z2/Z3, Samsung Fast Charge Qi Wireless Charging Pad and More
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the very subtle light as opposed to some chargers ..., January 8, 2016
This charger works as advertised. My Nexus 6 charges VERY quickly as compared to standard chargers. The device is handsome and discreet in the interior of the car. I like the very subtle light as opposed to some chargers that employ an annoyingly bright light during nighttime driving. The device stays firmly inserted into the charging port much better than other devices I have owned. All-in-all, I think it is an excellent example of Qualcomm Quick Charge 2 technology. I would purchase again without reservation and already did so for my wife's new phone. As a buying tip, make sure your phone supports "Qualcomm Quick Charge 2" technology to realize all the benefits of this device. If your phone supports "Qualcomm Quick Charge 3" technology, make sure you choose the "Qualcomm Quick Charge 3" version.

Weller Cutting Tip - 1.66 in Tip Length - 1.385 in Tip Width - Cutting Tip Shape - RCT [PRICE is per EACH]
Offered by Tool Deals
Price: $7.72
20 used & new from $4.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as Advertised!, November 3, 2015
I used this tip in an inexpensive 180-watt Harbor Freight solder gun. It fits perfectly and cuts rope fast! Highly recommend this tip for cutting nylon rope fast and clean. No more frayed ends on the nylon rope we sell our customers. While we've had the tip for a week, it appears to be built to last and I suspect will give a long service life. I will update if our we experience otherwise.

Yaktrax Boot Scrubber
Yaktrax Boot Scrubber
Price: $17.40
45 used & new from $11.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as Advertised, September 10, 2014
My initial impression is that this is a great value! It has an adequate, stamped steel-plate frame that encloses 2 bottom brushes and 2 side brushes. I permanently mounted it to my wooden deck with 4 drywall screws. It is designed for and must be mounted on something to work properly. The brushes seem heavy duty and my size 11 boots fit snugly when inserted in the brush area. A few swipes with each foot and my boots were relatively mud-free. We had a house full of adults and kids with muddy boots and this thing got a lot of use over the weekend. It performed admirably. I can't say another product is better or worse, as this is my first boot scrubber rodeo. What I can say is, this product does the job as advertised and appears to be a great value. I will update this review if my opinion changes.

BlueRigger High Speed Mini HDMI to HDMI cable with Ethernet (10 Feet)
BlueRigger High Speed Mini HDMI to HDMI cable with Ethernet (10 Feet)
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $18.99
4 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality cable at a reasonable price., January 27, 2014
Priced like a generic cable; yet fit, finish and functions like a "name-brand" cable. Mine was a mini HDMI cable and I appreciated that the cable connection housing was slender, unlike the fat housings on some generic cables. Top quality cable at a reasonable price. Would buy again!

2pk-8"-80t -- Multi-Use Brush Specialty -- RENEGADE BLADE® - Carbide Brush Cutter weed eater Blades, 203mm diameter
Offered by R&B Global
Price: $21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Serious Tool For Serious Jobs, March 20, 2013
I had a large lake point that needed a haircut - - BAD. It had overgrowth in the form of brambles, briars, blackberries and buckbrush (not to mention numerous trees ranging from saplings to 14 inches in diameter). After reading the reviews of this product, I decided to take the plunge. The standard brushcutter blade on my Poulan machine was little more than a toy. It just seemed like the standard blade was DULL and much effort was required for even modest brambles. After installing this blade, life got much better. As others have mentioned, it cuts like a HOT knife through butter.

I expected the Carbide blade to do well on the woody underbrush and briars, but the small trees? No problem! The carbide blade sliced right through the small trees (2 or so inches in diameter) with GREAT ease. Imagine a circular saw on the end of your weedeater. Larger trees took more effort, so we generally used the chainsaw for those. For us, the most trouble was removing the cut brush fast enough behind the man with the brushcutter.

We spent the entire weekend doing this project. We used exactly one blade. The blade made much contact with the soil throughout the project. Sure, it dulled some, but not enough to compel me to swap it out for the other blade included in the 2-pack. The carbide teeth remained intact and could be sharpened if needed. I will simply discard and replace it since they are so inexpensive.

If you have a SERIOUS project that requires a brushcutter, I HIGHLY recommend this product!

Satellite Oasis Directv Hd Satellite Dish Rv Tripod Kit
Satellite Oasis Directv Hd Satellite Dish Rv Tripod Kit
Offered by Satellite Oasis
Price: $144.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Follow The Directions, December 17, 2012
I've never installed or pointed a satellite dish before. This kit had EVERYTHING you need to get the job done (add in a 1/2" wrench and screwdriver). I called the seller as I didn't want to be un-prepared in the remote location I was using it for. Seller was helpful and the included instructions were thorough and easy to follow. The dish makes use of the satellite pointing procedures in your receiver, so make sure you know the ZIP code at your destination (you can use lat/long coordinates, too). I'd recommend visiting dishpointer dotcom to get a visual representation of where your dish will be pointing at your destination. I had the unit built in less than an hour. Pointing it took 20 minutes. I achieved 98% signal strength at my location in the southwest.

Keep in mind this will NOT work with some of the newer receivers that require SWM equipment.

Page: 1 | 2