Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Brian > Reviews

Browse

Brian's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brian RSS Feed (Milwaukee, WI United States)

Diablo III - PC/Mac
Diablo III - PC/Mac
Price: $17.97
144 used & new from $8.70

1.0 out of 5 stars I have never been more let down by a game, June 8, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I looked forward to Diablo 3 for so many years. Like a lot of gamers, I played Diablo 2 for a long time, and consider it to be one of my favorite games of all time. I had to write my first Amazon review because I have never been more disappointed by a video game in my life.

Diablo 3 fails on so many levels it makes me feel sick to my stomach. The recipe to create Diablo 3 would be:

1) Take Diablo 2
2) Remove everything that made it fun

And you have Diablo 3.

My list of disappointments:
#1 The items are worse than not fun. They will bore you to tears. All fun item modifiers are removed. The only relevant modifiers are +Str, +Vit, +Int, etc. So boring.
#2 No character customization WHATSOEVER.
#3 No chat channels, no custom games, no community features at all.
#4 No PvP. What??? This isn't WoW, characters don't have to be balanced. Diablo 2 was never balanced, but it was still FUN AS HECK.
#5 Runes are gone.
#6 The AH has removed the item hunt. The sole purpose of the game is to get gold to buy items on the AH. A more boring method for acquiring items I could not possibly dream of.
#7 The game is ridiculously linear and short. You can't jump around acts or hang out in games with your friends.
#8 Legendaries (unique replacements) are actually randomized (what?) and are worse than blues or rares.
#9 Every single character of a certain class is the exact same as every other character of that class. Once again, there is NO CUSTOMIZATION.

There's so much more wrong with this game, but I don't want to think about it anymore. A lot of people ask why we don't just walk away from the game instead of complaining about it. Well, when our hopes are destroyed in this glorious a fashion, something must be done.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2013 6:10 PM PST