Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Deal of the Day
Profile for W. Vogt > Reviews

Browse

W. Vogt's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

W. Vogt RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
The Archaeology of Mind: Neuroevolutionary Origins of Human Emotions (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology)
by Jaak Panksepp
Price: $35.91
56 used & new from $34.97

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., March 4, 2015
Only a little bit into this, but being a fan of brains and (most days) having one myself, this is, so far, pretty fascinating. Seems like it will be a very rewarding read.

Vornado Evap3 Whole Room Evaporative Humidifier, Black
Vornado Evap3 Whole Room Evaporative Humidifier, Black
Price: $89.99
24 used & new from $65.00

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, November 5, 2014
Fan doesn't really seem to push much air. Doesn't really raise humidity in my roughly 450 sq foot room. Waste of money and time. Debating returning it for a refund if they'll take it back. May just wait for the crappy fan to die (which it most likely will do) and then try to replace the fan with a better one.

At least the lights are pretty.

MyMathLab: Student Access Kit
MyMathLab: Student Access Kit
by Hall H Pearson Education
Edition: Printed Access Code
Price: $90.15
101 used & new from $83.79

1.0 out of 5 stars if you're reading this, then maybe it isn't too late for you..., December 9, 2013
The class I signed up for used this as the textbook. This is the worst possible way to learn algebra for me. I hated it. Had to drop the class, and will try to find a class with a real text book.

And what is really irritating is that I spent a lot of money for a stupid code that, unlike a text book, has no re-sale value. What a complete waste of time and money. If I could give it negative stars, I would.

I feel like I've been stolen from... ripped off, and it's all perfectly legal. Great for Pearson Education... bad for students. The level of disgust I have regarding the company and the product can't very well be described.

Personality Theories with Infotrac Online Library
Personality Theories with Infotrac Online Library
by Barbara Engler
27 used & new from $23.99

2.0 out of 5 stars meh..., December 9, 2013
As far as text books go, this is one of my least favorites. I had it for a psych class at a community college, and well, I just didn't care much for the book, the writing, the approach used, etc. The writing was not very cohesive in places. It felt choppy, and was just confusing at times. At other times, it just seemed plain bad. The first chapter or so seemed the worst, almost as if there just wasn't enough to say so the writer had to get creative.

Usually I like reading my college text books but this one was quite the chore to get through.

The only thing I did like about it is that it has a chapter in the very very end on Buddhism and eastern stuff. The chapter isn't exceptional or anything, but I was just happy that it was there. Of course, we didn't use that chapter in the class, but that is life I suppose.

Gregorian Christmas
Gregorian Christmas
Price: $1.09

5.0 out of 5 stars good if you're into that sort of thing, December 9, 2013
This review is from: Gregorian Christmas (MP3 Music)
I love this, but I'm pretty sure my family hates it. It sure does sound good blasting in the car though. Most of the tracks are very good, though in a place or too some guy has a vibrato that gets a little out of hand and drives me nuts.

Catunambu Decaffeinated Ground Mixed Torrefacto Coffee (8.8 oz/250 gr)
Catunambu Decaffeinated Ground Mixed Torrefacto Coffee (8.8 oz/250 gr)
Offered by La Tienda
Price: $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars good coffee, wish there were other brands, December 9, 2013
This is one of my favorite coffees. I personally prefer Saimaza Mezcla better (it's the Spain Sara Lee's version of the same type of torrifacto 50/50 roast), but since I can't get that very easily, this is better than nothing. Tip: If you want the Saimaza brand, try contacting a grocery store in Spain and asking them if they will ship you a case... I did that a few years back and it worked out fine. I paid them via paypal.

Hacking Exposed Web Applications, Third Edition
Hacking Exposed Web Applications, Third Edition
by Vincent Liu
Price: $29.46
49 used & new from $19.56

5.0 out of 5 stars really helpful, December 9, 2013
I learned more from this in an hour of sitting and flipping than I have from hours upon hours of searching the web for answers on similar topics. Extremely helpful book for those concerned with web security... covers topics that I've never heard others mention. Also, a lot of people online... specifically with say, PHP programming, will tell you some basic rule or procedure for verifying user input, but they don't explain fully the how and the why---it's like that all over the place---but this book does a very good job of explaining why the procedures and such in PHP or other languages are necessary, and in my case helped me to understand exactly why certain procedures should be employed. (Such as making sure user-submitted data is in the expected encoding, i.e. UTF8, etc.)

Plasma pH Drops 2 oz by AlkaVision 115 Servings - Original
Plasma pH Drops 2 oz by AlkaVision 115 Servings - Original
Offered by AlkaVision
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as Advertised, October 14, 2013
I had been having issues with acid reflux (I do every so often, not all the time), and tested this to see if it would help. Within a few days of when I started using it, the heartburn improved.

Note: I didn't do as they say and add 10 drops to a liter of water or whatever, instead I just added a couple of drops to my normal glasses of water (roughly 6 oz). Other than that, I haven't changed anything diet wise. (I drink water almost 100% of the time except for morning coffee, so didn't have to change much there.) Oh, I also put it in my coffee.

And just because I'm a bit of a skeptic most of the time, I bought some pH strips and tested water with and without the drops added, and sure enough... it does exactly what they say it does. It raised the pH of the water to the max that the strips I bought would measure.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2015 2:29 PM PDT

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy For Dummies
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy For Dummies
by Rob Willson
Price: $15.55
74 used & new from $6.31

3.0 out of 5 stars so so for depression, December 7, 2012
I think the "Burns" book ("Feeling Good") was better for depression. I got this and the workbook thinking that they might have more information or better explanations... but not so much. There were a couple of things where the Burns book had two or three ways of approaching something (or more), and this offered only one of those methods. And the chapter on depression wasn't as helpful as one would hope. Overall, pretty disappointed. If someone just wanted an overview or general reference for CBT... this may be great for that. If you're trying to solve a specific problem, I personally don't think it's as helpful.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, December 7, 2012
I got this because someone swore by it, sound quality, etc. bla bla bla.

The reality is that it's okay. Like many computer electronic sort of things, it doesn't always work as you'd hope or expect. Sometimes I have to unplug and plug back in to get skype to recognize it (that could happen with any headset, admittedly).

There are buttons on it that don't seem to function at all on mine... but it's okay since it functions more or less otherwise.

Glad I got it? Not really... probably would have been happier had I looked around a little more and settled somewhere else.

Oh, the sound quality is fine when it works. Otherwise, not as reliable/good as I'd hoped.

Page: 1 | 2