Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for MDJDCarter > Reviews

Browse

MDJDCarter's Profile

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MDJDCarter "MDJDCarter" RSS Feed (Knoxville, TN, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
LD © Compatible Replacement for Pitney Bowes Fluorescent Red 797-M inkjet cartridge for use in the MailStation2 K7M0
Offered by LD Products
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars works, December 23, 2015
It fits and works fine. Certainly much cheaper than OEM.

Bora 542006 WTX Saw Plate - The Easy to Use Saw Sled / Circular Saw Guide That Ensures Straight, Precise Cuts. Easily Rip Plywood or Other Sheet Material to Your Exact Specifications and Measurements
Price: $29.00
6 used & new from $25.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It is a good idea. but . . . ., November 21, 2015
It is a good idea. but . . . .
I have some upcoming carpentry work to do over Thanksgiving that will require me to make some rather long precisely straight cuts. We are talking 32 feet plus. Most saw guides are based on the notion of just cutting lengthwise a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood. What I need to do goes well beyond that. The appeal of the Bora saw plate is that it is independent of the guide. In fact, I intend to make my own guide using plywood or 1 x 4's. I snap a chalk line, line up my guides and affix them in place, set up the saw & saw plate and then make my cut. I hope -- because there are problems.
First, like some others have commented here, I had to get it out of the package. The Bora Saw Plate comes in a clam shell package, or more accurately, an oyster shell package. It was the most difficult package to open that I have ever encountered. However, I did finally get it open without injury to it or myself.
Next, there were no instructions with it. There were 6 steps illustrated on the package label, but they would hardly count as instructions. The web site was a little better. The Bora Saw Plate info sheet would not load. The "Operator's Manual" did load OK, both pages. The first page was now 8 illustrated steps and a few more details than the package label. The second page was about the guide, not the plate. There was also a 2 minute video that was more advertising than teaching. All in all, this is a fairly simple device and I was able to figure it out on my own, at least in theory.
They say that the Bora saw plate fits all circular saws in the video, but then the packaging says "almost all." Well, it did not fit my saw, a Porter Cable 324MAG. It seems that the saw's magnesium base plate is too thick to fit under the front end clamps that are supposed to hold the saw onto the plate. In addition, the side clamp in back sits right under the saw's motor, so you better not need to make any deep cuts because the wingnut gets in the way easily.
Next, they tell you to be sure that everything is square. They just do not tell you how to do that. Besides, I bought this to make the job easier, not a geometry exercise. If I can get my saw to fit under the front clamps, all the way, and if I can get the rear clamp on without interfering with the motor, then it ought to be square. That is part of what I bought here.
Finally, they give you a little unidentified plastic piece which turned out to be the cut line indicator (which you adjust and line up on a piece of scrap). There is no mention anywhere of how to put it on. I did eventually see it in a picture and on closer exam figure out where it goes. It does have 3 threaded inserts that you use for attaching it and adjustment. Bora did not bother to include a screw in the package for this. Not that a $0.01 screw is a big deal, but hey, leaving it out leaves you with the feeling that this is not quite a finished product.
I think this is a good idea, but I have not been able to try it out yet.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2015 2:11 PM PST

NEW Auto Car Steering Wheel Mount Elastic Clamp Holder Bracket for iPhone Cell Phone GPS (black)
Offered by buyinsoon
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does whart I need, September 18, 2015
I got this so that I could see my phone while driving. I use BT hands free but still need to hit an occasional button. I mounted it on the bottom edge of the steering wheel so it does not block anything and will not interfere with the airbag either. Easy to take on and off.

ATC For Uniden BT-905 TRU248,TRU-248,TRU341,TRU-341 Phone Battery AA Battery 3.6V 2000mAh NI-MH Fruit Green Replacement Battery
Offered by ATC LLC
Price: $4.55
3 used & new from $4.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Battery, September 18, 2015
Perfect replacement for cordless phone battery. More power too so should last longer per charge.

Southworth - Fine Business Paper,20 lb.,Legal Ruled,8-1/2"x14",500/BX,WE, Sold as 1 Box, SOU 403ER
Offered by Shoplet
Price: $41.33
5 used & new from $35.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Fancy paper, September 18, 2015
We use this paper for original documents that we file with the Court. Also good for contracts and Deeds -- clients really feel like they are getting something special. Also quite easy to distinguish from copies. A little pricey so I wish my partners would edit and spell check before they print the first draft.

Secrid Slim Wallet Leather Vintage Black, Rfid Safe Card Case
Secrid Slim Wallet Leather Vintage Black, Rfid Safe Card Case
Offered by IPPINKA
Price: $56.05
6 used & new from $56.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Holds 6 cards, not 12 -- should also cost half as much., September 18, 2015
I do not often write a review, but I thought that this item did deserve one. My old wallet had grown to the point that it was a huge mass in my back pocket -- 1.5 inches thick -- so it was time to clean it out and what better way than with the purchase of a replacement. I had seen a YouTube video about 5 men's wallets that were at the cutting edge of technology; however, they were quite expensive and difficult to acquire. This wallet did appear to be sort of similar so I went ahead and made the purchase.

It arrived in 2 days thanks to Amazon Prime membership (which I have thoroughly enjoyed). First impressions were mediocre as it was packed in a small black cardboard box that was stuffed in a plastic bag. I believe that the wallet that I received was somebody else's return because the seal on the box was obviously broken. The wallet did not even fit in its box very well. First impression was that I had paid too much. This wallet was $75 which is about double of its actual value -- a much fairer price would have been $35 to $40. The instructions, such as they were, were inserted in the aluminum card holder and it was not obvious how to get them out. I finally was able to shake them down enough to get a hold of them and pull them out. The "button" on the bottom of the aluminum card holder is actually a lever and pulling it down would have ejected the instructions. The aluminum card holder should also act as an RFID shield for the cards therein -- at least if the RFID reader is not too close. Unfortunately, I have no way of checking this out so I will take their word on this. While this wallet is dubbed to hold 12 cards, no way. The aluminum card box will only take 6 cards so long as there are no embossed letters or numbers. There are 2 more card pockets on the leather, but there is no way to put 3 cards in each of them, 2 at most. Right next to the aluminum card box is a little plastic holder for currency. I use a money clip and that is a good thing. This currency holder is made of the cheapest, flimsiest plastic and should have been left off. I would have been quite embarrassed to sell a wallet for $75 with that inside. I will put some business cards in it and never show it to anyone else. Fortunately, I do not even have to open it up to get my cards. When I pull down the lever, they all partially eject upwards.

All in all, despite the shortcomings, I expect that I will keep this wallet. Eventually, I will forget that I paid too much. They should have just glued the leather to the side of the aluminum card box and let it open as a bi-fold with just one other card pocket and charged $35 for that.

HP Model 51626A Black High-Capacity Inkjet Cartridge
HP Model 51626A Black High-Capacity Inkjet Cartridge
4 used & new from $22.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Reseat or reload, July 24, 2014
Got this for our office fax machine. Worked about 1 day then machine said to replace it - out of ink. Now it refuses to use it, says to reload or reseat. I have tried multiple things to get it to work, all to no avail.

Seidio Spring- Clip Holster for Non- Cased Samsung Galaxy S5 - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $22.95
4 used & new from $17.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, July 24, 2014
Clip arrived today. It fits the S5 perfectly -- phone sits in the holder with no wiggle room, spring loaded catch at the top holds it securely, but not so tight that the phone is hard to remove. All buttons and ports are accessible when in the clip. I can also rotate the clip for the best angle on my belt. When replacing the phone, insert the bottom and squeeze the top, no need to manually raise the catch.

Cooler Master Hyper N520 - CPU Cooler with Copper Base and 5 Heat Pipes (RR-920-N520-GP)
2 used & new from $34.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A work of art on feet of clay., July 18, 2014
I am building an Intel i7 system and wanted better cooling than the dinky stock heat sink and fan that came with my i7-4790K. I had used almost this exact same set up with an AMD 9850 and it worked flawlessly. I will switch to water cooling the i7 later but for now this will do quite nicely. I will have another review with temperature results later. I only gave it 3 stars because of the way it is assembled, it could have been a lot better. The N520 works with AMD chips using the AM3+. For them, you have one back plate and one heat sink adapter. If your flavor is Intel, then it will fit the 1366, 1150/5 and 1156. Unfortunately, each of these sockets is a slightly different size. You attach the two Intel mounting brackets to the heat sink with 2 tiny screws. For such an important piece of hardware that is going to protect my $340 chip, I would have liked to have seen bigger screws holding it together. These screws are better suited for a pair of eyeglasses, not a big heat sink and fans. Next the screws that go through the mobo are already attached to the brackets with spring clips. You compress the spring and move the screw to one of 3 positions for your set up. The 3 spots are so close, what you really have is a slot with 2 step-offs. Look at the backing plate and you will see what I am talking about. Again, the bracket, the screws and the slot (which also keeps the screws from turning as you tighten things up) are all kind of flimsy. Beefing them up would not have added much to the cost and I would at least feel better and not worry that I could not get the N520 tight enough.

The unit itself is a work of art. The heat sink is a big chunk of solid copper that is about 10%-15% larger on all sides of my chip. It is machined flat and shines like a new penny. Remember to remove the protective plastic before installing. Five copper pipes run all the way through the base and then up into and through the radiator which stands 5 to 6 inches tall, 5 to 6 inches wide and 2 to 3 inches deep with a bunch of aluminum fins. There are 2 fans, one on each side, set up in a push / pull configuration. They move a lot of air so be sure to orient them so that they blow the same direction as the air flows in your case.

Finally, I also had issues with the attachment to the mobo. I spread thermal compound on the i7 chip and then realized that I needed 3 hands to attach this thing. One to hold the N520, one to position and hold the backing plate and one to apply the nuts to the screws. After some juggling and judicious use of masking tape I got it attached. I tightened it down as much as I dared for fear of stripping the screws or bending the bracket.

All in all, I have used this cooler in the past and really like it. I would recommend getting it and the price cannot be beat. Just be aware of the shortcomings and hopefully Cooler Master will make some adjustments to future versions. I would suggest using the same Intel backing plate with double sided tape to hold it in position. For the top side brackets, I would not use one size and adjust, I would have one pair for each size with the screws soldered in place. I would also beef up all of the brackets some as well.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves it, December 26, 2013
I ordered this ring after much research. Two factors that went into my decision included the Top Seller rating for Christmas 2012 and the positive reviews. While there were only 3 reviews for this ring (and this is number 4), this seller also has a white gold version of this ring with identical write up and specs that had about 30 reviews and average of over 4 stars.

The negative reviews tended to be about the size of things and not the quality. I had no illusions - though it looks enormous in the photos - about the sizes. By that I mean, 0.22 carats total divided over 15 stones does not equal large rocks. Plus the dimensions are given in the specs, 3mm wide. The dimensions are given in metric measurements, if you are unsure about how the metric system works, thank Jimmy Carter.

The specs for the stones are respectable. I examined everything upon arrival with a 10x loupe and all were as advertised or better. The stone tables sit below the edge of the gold on the sides. This was important for me because my wife is hard on rings and lost 2 stones from a similar type of ring a few years ago. Because she is hard on rings, I actually preferred the 10K gold because it is harder than 14K or 18K. A channel ring like this will rotate on the finger unbeknownst to the wearer unlike a solitaire which cannot easily swing the stone around to the palmer side. When the stones are on the palmer side, they are more susceptible to trauma and loss. My wife is a physician and has to wear rubber gloves at times so a ring like this is ideal for her. She really likes it and believes that I paid a lot more for it than I did -- I have not told her what I paid and I will keep the extra Husband points.

Page: 1 | 2