Profile for Mor and Tookie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 260

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mor and Tookie RSS Feed (NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Alcatel One Fierce Prepaid Phone (MetroPCS)
Alcatel One Fierce Prepaid Phone (MetroPCS)
Offered by QuantumBang (NO TAX)
Price: $129.98
10 used & new from $43.00

2.0 out of 5 stars good, but definitely not worth it, February 6, 2014
This is a nice-looking phone - it's got a large screen and is thin and light. It also has plenty of space for apps which is great. However, it has a lot of drawbacks and, as much as i hate to say it, i regret buying this phone.

The touch-screen is not precise and it often takes me 2 or 3 attempts at pressing a specific button/keyboard letter before it finally clicks on the correct one. On a related note, the swype typing feature on this phone often puts random capital letters in the middle of the word (ie: hEllo).

The worst thing about this phone though is probably its camera. It's 5 megapixel which is plenty, but it doesn't have the ability to focus properly. As a result, unless you're a specific distance from your subject, your picture will be a little blurry (or a lot blurry). This is especially annoying since i'm not able to use my bank's phone app to deposit checks (the app keeps telling me that the picture is too blurry).

The last thing I dislike about the camera feature is the lag from the time i press the 'capture' button, to the time it actually takes the picture. While better than my previous phone, it's still long enough that i often miss the shot.

Bottom line, this phone would have been amazing if the screen was precise and the camera was able to focus. Until it has those features (probably never), i would not recommend buying this phone.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2014 7:36 AM PST

Squeez'Ems 6oz Reusable Food Pouches ~ New & Improved Screw-Top Design! (2 Pouches)
Offered by Atharva Products
Price: $8.14
10 used & new from $5.01

4.0 out of 5 stars good but a bit difficult to use for my 14 month old, December 27, 2013
My son loves squeezy pouches but I refuse to keep buying the disposable pouches - they were too expensive, create too much garbage (bad for the environment), and there were too many horror stories about them in the news lately (moldy food inside).

I bought the yummi pouches originally but the zip lock material on each and every pouch (i had 6) broke after about 2 months of use. I also didn't like that the spout was on the side with those. Much easier to use when the mouthpiece is on top, like with these.

I have to admit - I didn't have very high hopes for these but so far, they're really great. I like that they hold about 6oz of food and that they have a clear portion of the pouch so you can easily see how much is left inside. They're also super-easy to fill and very affordable. We buy organic apple sauce from BJs and just pour it directly into these pouches. These pouches are also easy to clean and don't have any crevices where food gets trapped (the yummi pouches constantly had food stuck in between the zip locks and i couldn't clean that, no matter how hard i tried).

Now the not-so-great:
The cap is attached which is good since we don't ever lose the cap, but my son finds it a bit distracting and is constantly being hit in the nose with the cap. Also, since they have a screw-top design, a lot of air gets inside these and the first few sips my son takes are 90% air. Sometimes this causes him to get frustrated with it and assume it's empty. This is only an issue when the pouch is about half full.

The instructions say that these are dishwasher safe, but that if you want them to last even longer, you should hand wash them. They're pretty easy to wash - I just use a bottle brush to clean the insides thoroughly and then air-dry.

I've only had them a couple of weeks so far but am satisfied and am happy I bought them.

I would recommend them to others.

Regalo 192-Inch Super Wide Gate and Play Yard, White
Regalo 192-Inch Super Wide Gate and Play Yard, White
Price: $79.98
20 used & new from $48.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Too bad the pieces that hold the panels together are plastic, December 27, 2013
This gate is really easy to open (for us, not for DS) and it's a good size. I like that it's made of metal since it was harder for DS to move it (now at 14 months, he can move it very easily, but still can't lift it which is good).

At this point, we generally use this gate in pieces rather than all connected. We put a few panels around the tv, a few around our bird cage, etc. That way, our son doesn't feel like he's being contained and is much happier.

My big complaint with this gate is that the pieces that hold the panels together are made out of plastic and since we often "scrunch" it up when it's not in use, two of the plastic pieces already broke (after about 6 months of heavy use). We fixed them using duck tape and are still using this gate though.

That said, I would probably buy this gate again (if it were on sale) ... I'd just be more careful with the panel joints.

Holmes Dual Blade Twin Window Fan, White
Holmes Dual Blade Twin Window Fan, White
Price: $22.44
41 used & new from $22.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Great window fan, December 18, 2013
This is a great window fan, especially for the price.

It has two speed settings (off / low / high) and fits pretty nicely in the window.

The description says that it has a manual fan direction (so you can blow air in or out of the room) - by this, they mean that you can manually flip the fan over so that it's facing the outside. It does have a speed switch on the other side too.

No complaints with this - it's worked great for over a year and is still going strong.

I would definitely buy it again.

Melissa & Doug Sticker Collection - Pink
Melissa & Doug Sticker Collection - Pink
Price: $4.99
89 used & new from $1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars She loved these, December 18, 2013
I bought this for my two year old niece and she loved it. She walked around for days giving out stickers to everyone she saw. The designs are cute and the stickers stick nicely.

Disney Cuddly Bodysuit -  Fashion: Disney / Pixar MONSTERS, INC. Eye, Green, 0-3 Months
Disney Cuddly Bodysuit - Fashion: Disney / Pixar MONSTERS, INC. Eye, Green, 0-3 Months

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable, December 18, 2013
This is an adorable onesie but the fit was a little bit on the small side.

It has three snaps down the back (by the neck) so it's easier to put on. I actually hated these because I felt like they would annoy my baby while he laid on his back (they never did bother him though).

The quality is nice and the onesie has survived many laundry cycles and still looks like new.

Green N Pack Easy-Tie Scented Baby Diaper Sacks / Diaper Bags 200-Count
Green N Pack Easy-Tie Scented Baby Diaper Sacks / Diaper Bags 200-Count
Price: $11.50
36 used & new from $9.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag but ...., December 18, 2013
I really liked these bags - especially the fact that they are BPA free, biodegradable, and green. They also did a good job keeping the stinky diapers at bay.

That said, I don't feel like it's a necessary purchase and we stopped buying these. I think they're better used in a diaper bag so that when you're out, you don't have to deal with carrying dirty diapers.

While I will not be buying these again, I do think they're great for people who really want to use diaper sacks.

Hopkins 532 Mallory 26" Snow Brush with Foam Grip (Colors may vary)
Hopkins 532 Mallory 26" Snow Brush with Foam Grip (Colors may vary)
Price: $8.36
12 used & new from $4.18

5.0 out of 5 stars works as described, December 18, 2013
It has an ice scraper and a brush and both work nicely.

My only complaint is that if you're using the ice scrapper, it's kind of weird to have the brush in your face as you're scrapping. I'm not sure how this would be avoidable, but ti's still a complaint :)

I bought two of these last year and both are holding up really well so far.

Baby Buddy Secure-A-Toy, Blue/White
Baby Buddy Secure-A-Toy, Blue/White
Price: $3.99
5 used & new from $3.90

5.0 out of 5 stars these things saved my sanity, December 18, 2013
Kids are always dropping things, we know this. The problem is that half the time, we don't realize that something was dropped until it's too late. This thing saved my sanity since I wasn't constantly losing toys.

We bought a bunch of these - some are kept on the stroller, some on the diaper bag, some on our portable high chair. It was great for toys as well as a pacifier. I like that nothing was ever lost.

I wish it would be able to hold a bottle or sippy cup, but it doesn't really work for that.

Colors are true to the image shown.

I'm very happy I bought these and will definitely buy them again in the future.

Brentwood KT-1780 Electric Cordless Tea Kettle, 1.5-Liter, Brushed Stainless Steel
Offered by Hold N Storage
Price: Click here to see our price
96 used & new from $19.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Great electric kettle, December 18, 2013
Not too much to say about this kettle. It works nicely and brings the water to a boil in about 5 minutes when it's filled to the top. I actually would have thought it'd be faster than that, but I guess I can't complain - it's still faster than the regular kettle we used to use.

The other reason it only gets 4 stars is that i wish it was larger. It fills up about 2-3 cups (we use large cups) so if we ever have company, we need to use the regular kettle instead. That said, it's perfect for the two of us :)

I would definitely buy again

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20