Profile for Anemone Flynn > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anemone Flynn "Anemone Flynn" RSS Feed (Idaho, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
American Baby Company 100% Cotton Value Jersey Knit Fitted Portable/Mini Sheet, Pink
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $5.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't like the knitted consistency as much as the woven cotton ..., July 8, 2014
This mattress cover is thin, and pulls tightly over the mattress. I don't like the knitted consistency as much as the woven cotton sheet that came with my Graco Pack'n'Playard, but it works well as a substitute while the other is in the wash.

TowelSelections Turkish Cotton Bathrobe Terry Kimono Robe for Men Made in Turkey Large/X-Large Red
Offered by TowelSelections
Price: $69.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent robe, needs more sizing options., June 19, 2014
This is a good robe, but I bought the X-Large and it's still not quite big enough for my husband. It would be nice to have larger sizes or more options for length and width.

The Art of Love: Origins of Sinner's Grove
The Art of Love: Origins of Sinner's Grove
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An intriguing historical romance from the new old west., May 7, 2014
Four out of five stars. The Art of Love by A.B. Michaels is a romance novel chronicling love between two art lovers in San Francisco at the beginning of the 20th century. But don’t let that fool you into thinking this is a sedate, slow story!

The book is written in three parts. Part one introduces Augustus Wolf on his claim during the height of the gold rush. It has a wonderful wild west feel to it, which I suppose is only to be expected given the setting. The second part is Amelia’s story, telling of her origins in the East and why she travels west. The third part commences when they are both in place in San Francisco. By now Augustus is at the top, socially and financially, but the circumstances of his success have left scars that won’t stay buried. When the young artist Amelia Starling catches his eye, it starts a chain reaction that helps him finally solve the unanswered questions that have haunted him for years.

Michaels’ real-world setting for this book feels very well-researched, and I found it transporting. Amelia and Augustus come across as fully rounded characters, complete with flaws and strong points; there are also several secondary characters who are very charming. I found the story’s tone reminiscent of Louis L’Amour for the western style; I don’t normally read romance, so I’m not sure which authors it most resembles in that genre.

Because this book is a romance, it shouldn't come as a surprise that I rate it for married adults on the Aardvark scale, and even then it may be too sensual for many people. There was one scene in particular that I pretty much skipped. Be aware of what you’re getting yourself into, because you won’t want to stop in the middle of this book! If you enjoy romance novels, westerns, or historical fiction, you will enjoy this debut novel by A.B. Michaels.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.

Please visit my website for other reviews of books both old and new!

Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate Book 1)
Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate Book 1)
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I wish it were cleaner, the concept & story are amazing!, September 9, 2013
This book is delightful, fun, inventive, and utterly inappropriate for the unmarried YA audience it seems aimed at. Which is sad, because I have several younger siblings who would have enjoyed the runaway collision of Jane Austen and Phil & Kaja Foglio's "GirlGenius" themes that Ms. Carriger has come up with. Unfortunately the explicit sex scenes have stolen my ability to wholeheartedly recommend this book & the sequels, and I will not be reading more of them myself, either.

At the beginning of the book I was captivated by the world, and if just a few scenes & descriptions had been cut short, I would be a fan! I would love to see something else in this vein that stays family-friendly.

Stargate Atlantis Season 3 [HD]
Stargate Atlantis Season 3 [HD]
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series!, July 21, 2013
Stargate Atlantis is an amazing show, and in season three we get to see the ideal team operating at their peak!

Stargate Atlantis Season 1 [HD]
Stargate Atlantis Season 1 [HD]
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Favorite At My House!, June 20, 2013
My husband and I absolutely love this show, we re-watch it over and over. The characters are great, the overarching story is great, and something fun and new happens every episode. Stargate Atlantis does a wonderful job of presenting a new setting and characters while giving nods back to the original show along the way.

Psych Season 7
Psych Season 7
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, laugh-out-loud entertaining show, May 19, 2013
I have always been a fan of mysteries, and my husband has always been a fan of throw-back 80's reference movies. This is the perfect fit, with great humor and situations thrown in. If you haven't tried it yet, you're missing out!

Digital Divide (Rachel Peng Book 1)
Digital Divide (Rachel Peng Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing & Fun!, April 11, 2013
The science, mystery, and personal growth in this book are so perfectly blended into my favorite type of speculative fiction. Rachel Peng and her cohorts and antagonists are amazing characters who drew me into the story, causing a very late night of reading! I highly recommend the original, still in progress web comic as well - just watch out for the koala. The webcomic has more language and adult situations than the book, so be warned. For anyone who likes humorous, mysterious, well-written science fiction, this book is for you!

White Collar Season 4
White Collar Season 4
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great season!, March 20, 2013
The cliffhangers are killing me, but I can't wait for more! Peter & Neal are as charming and clever as ever.

Big Star Logistics
Big Star Logistics
Offered by TheseRSweetDeals
Price: $4.95
24 used & new from $0.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Big Star Logistics (Audio CD)
This album is arguably their best - we love it! Rock 'N' Roll Worship Circus is one of our favorite bands, and these songs are the reason for that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4