Profile for Meticulous > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Meticulous "rogue08" RSS Feed (Beaverton, OR United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Nine West Women's Melika Black Synthetic Wedge 6.5 M
Nine West Women's Melika Black Synthetic Wedge 6.5 M
Offered by Shoe Station

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for casual and evening look, April 5, 2015
This review is from: Nine West Women's Melika (Apparel)
I have 3 pairs of this shoes in nude, navy and black. Great for casual and evening look, paired with shorts, skirts or skinny jeans, a chic sweater and you're ready to go!

GE NIGHTHAWK PLATINUM 9004 Halogen Replacement Bulb, (Pack of 2)
GE NIGHTHAWK PLATINUM 9004 Halogen Replacement Bulb, (Pack of 2)
Price: $35.01
5 used & new from $28.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Two for the road minus one, January 22, 2015
Installed (with gloves) and within a week I had one bulb separate (blew top). I had to fish it out of headlight with coat hanger and double sided tape. Possibly material defect, I've written to GE in hopes of obtaining replacement bulb--after two weeks GE responded. GE didn't replace the bulb but did provide me with a $20 voucher (up to that amount) which I'll likely use at a local home store since I can't find these bulbs at the local autoshops. This is on par with the Sylvania Silverstar ULTRA and Philips CrystalVision, X-tremeVision series. We'll see how long it lasts (hopefully 1 year or longer). Got at great price discount so worth a shot.
Update: I've replaced the working Nighthawk with Philips X-tremeVision. I'll save the Nighthawk as a spare when the Philips goes out (hopefully a year or more from now).
Comment Comment | Permalink

Allett SoftTech Nylon Original Wallet Blue
Allett SoftTech Nylon Original Wallet Blue
Offered by Allett Inc.
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wallet, December 30, 2014
Extremely thin. I did have a black one in the past and it lasted 3-4 years before it started to come apart (stitching). Then I went to a "big skinny" wallet that was leather and not the hipster wallet this is. The big skinny lasted about 2-3 years (stitching) but was much bulkier--it was made in China and had an awful smell when I first got it (new leather/chemical smell). Both are good but I prefer this hipster style wallet as it arranges the cards more efficiently allowing for less space to be used. Having it made in the USA is also a bonus. Note, I carry my wallet in my front pocket to avoid potential back issues.

TEKTON 4929 3/8-Inch Drive by 7/8-Inch Oxygen Sensor Socket
TEKTON 4929 3/8-Inch Drive by 7/8-Inch Oxygen Sensor Socket
Price: $9.69
6 used & new from $8.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, December 26, 2014
Perfect fit when getting O2 sensors off '98 Pathfinder. Easily reachable with socket wrench. This product is well made.

BoxWave Apple iPad Air 2 BodySuit, Premium Textured TPU Rubber Gel Skin Apple iPad Air 2 Case - Premium Shock Absorption (Frosted Clear)
Offered by BoxWave Corporation
Price: $16.05
2 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Ipad air 2 correctly, December 26, 2014
Correct fit for IPAD AIR 2. No issue plugging in charger. Can still see color of iPAD through skin (GOLD in our case). Case is flexible (gel) and easy to get ON/OFF. Makes device easier to handle and a little less slick. No drops yet, so we don't know how it will hold up to that.

NGK 24526 Oxygen Sensor - NGK/NTK Packaging
NGK 24526 Oxygen Sensor - NGK/NTK Packaging
Offered by Xpress Auto Parts
Price: $34.37
20 used & new from $30.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for '98 Pathfinder, December 8, 2014
Bought this and NGK/NTK24521 to replace original Nissan Oxygen sensors on 1998 Nissan Pathfinder. You will also want to order the special socket. I bought the TEKTON 4929 3/8" Drive by 7/8" Oxygen sensor socket. This worked very well with standard 3/8" socket wrench. We didn't encounter any engine lights but figured after 16 years it is probably best to replace these. I'm hoping for 2-4mpg improvement. Will have to monitor and see what happens, we typically get 14-15mpg. It will take 1-2 hours to replace both sensors and buying both on Amazon is cheaper than one OEM.

Beaded Single Decorator Wall Plate
Beaded Single Decorator Wall Plate
Offered by Kazooms
Price: $7.16
3 used & new from $7.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Large and obsolete, February 8, 2014
This review is from: Beaded Single Decorator Wall Plate
This switch plate is quite beefy (heavy/well built) satin nickle faceplate. One problem is the plate is much larger than a normal plate. So, if you have something like we do--a mirror--that goes right next to the switch plate then you may not be able to get this to fit. The other news is this product is obsolete and will be hard to obtain.

Kichler Lighting 45119OZ Calleigh 3LT Vanity Fixture, Olde Bronze Finish with Satin Etched Cased Opal Glass
Offered by ROYAL LIGHTING
Price: $128.00
35 used & new from $104.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Fixture, February 8, 2014
We received the fixture and one of the glass light pieces was broken. I decided to write Kichler instead of Amazon. They responded quickly and replaced the broken glass within a weeks time. I had no issues with the install and was glad this didn't have any of that yellow itchy insulation I've had to deal with for ceiling mount fixtures.

Akebono ACT905 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set
Akebono ACT905 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set
Offered by True Blue Parts
Price: $41.49
61 used & new from $36.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet pads - recommended as improvement over original pads, November 5, 2013
Replaced rear pads on 2008 Nissan Rogue with these pads. The original pads on the passenger side were making metal squeaking noises when I was slowing down--got annoying. I had more than 50% left of the original OEM pad so it felt like a waste to replace. I took an hour and clean the originals using some brake glue on the shims. That held for about 1-2 weeks. After it rained I was back to squeaking rear brakes. I installed these (both pair) on the rear--did not turn rotors--and there have been no squeaking noise since. The box does come with some lube or grease it asked you to apply to the point of contacts so there is no need to purchase any brake glue or Loctite brake quite stick. On the ACT905 pads I had there was no film on the product though the install instructions mentioned a film on some versions of the pads. These were not boxed very well for shipping but it didn't matter too much--they are brake pads afterall. We also use the same Akebono ACT pads on the front of our Pathfinder and those have been very quite as well. I tossed out the original pads and shims. These do not need any additional shims and my original HW to hold the pads in place was still good so I cleaned them up but didn't replace anything.

American Sucker
American Sucker
by David Denby
51 used & new from $1.46

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read but..., February 9, 2013
This review is from: American Sucker (Paperback)
American Sucker is a good quick read book that draws you into a roughly 3 year time frame in David's life. Unfortunately the details are missing for those engineers/analytical readers like myself. For example, how much did David start with in the market? How much did he lose on each position? We know he inherited $350k from his mom and know he ended up losing close to $1 million--in real losses not paper losses or from the height of the market. David says he ended up even in the end with gains and losses over about 10 years (or thereabouts). I'm surprised him and his journalist/book writer wife would have that much money to lose and still come out with few battle scars (my impression). The extra 10-20 pages adding these details would have gone a long way in making this a much better autobiography of David's downward spiral in tech investing.

Page: 1 | 2