Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for E's Mom > Reviews

Browse

E's Mom's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E's Mom RSS Feed

Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster - Xbox 360
Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster - Xbox 360
Offered by Shoppin Around The Clock
Price: $10.97
180 used & new from $2.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, January 26, 2012
When I saw this game I thought it looked like a great idea. I love the idea of my daughter being active and learning how control the game while playing with some familiar sesame street friends. Honestly the game seems to be really great with great visuals.

Unfortunately my daughter had experience with other Kinect games and so she is struggling with some of these controls. The best example I can give is when she is supposed to stand still and lean side to side to control the character while he is running. In other games she steps side to side and so she can't seem to get this leaning concept. When she steps side to side it doesn't read her movements the way she is intending. This frustrates her and makes playing less enjoyable. I'm sure other kids might not have this problem, but for my daughter this has made this game something she doesn't play as often as I thought she would.

I considered a 3 out of 5 because of this, but I felt that might be unfair since the instructions do tell you what to do, but it is my daughter who is having problems with following the instructions while playing, so I bumped it up to a 4.

LEGO Friends Olivia's House 3315
LEGO Friends Olivia's House 3315
Offered by Constructibles
Price: $124.88
76 used & new from $74.39

5.0 out of 5 stars LEGOS + Doll House = Endless Options, January 26, 2012
My 5 year old daughter loves this Lego Set. She has liked Legos some in the past, but her default was to play more with baby dolls or puzzles or stuffed animals; now this Lego set is her primary toy. She loves playing house/family/friend senarios and this adds the ability to be creative and use her original Legos to build even more. She loves playing with the swing and having the dolls interact in different rooms in the house. With our help so far she has added a shed to put the lawn mower in, a bedroom for the parents, and a minivan for the family. It is a great way for moms and dads to get to be a kid again and have a fun way to interact with their daughters.

As for assembling all those pieces... it is actually quite easy. The pieces come grouped in bags to make putting it together easier. The instructions don't have any words, but instead pictures - this works great since my daughter is just learning to read. We decided to do 1-2 bags per night, so the project would stay fun. By the time we started the third bag my daughter had picked up on how to assemble it by looking at the pictures and she was able to do quite a bit of it.

I will admit I had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the price. I had grown up only playing with regular Legos for the most part and I wondered if this would really be worth the money. As soon as I opened it and saw how organized the designers made the assembly and then all the custom pieces that are so cute, I felt better about the price. Now three weeks later my daughter still plays with it every day (way more than anything else she received for Christmas). With endless options I think this toy will remain a favorite for a long time. We highly recommend this to our friends and anyone considering a doll house for their daughter. We are making plans to add the other sets to her collection as birthday and Christmas presents.

Suggestions to Lego for improvement... 1. I agree with other reviews that the cupcakes falling apart is a little frustrating to my daughter - not sure what the reasoning was there. 2. Also we would love the option to get more boys in another set. My daughter is young, so she is not looking for boyfriend/girlfriend stuff, but instead she would like Olivia to have a brother or male friend. Also maybe we could add a Grandma and Grandpa, too. As I said she loves playing house/family so anything to complete that would be great. 3. How about a school? I saw the science lab which is great, but a school resembling something more like an elementary school my daughter is familiar with would be great.

LEGO Friends Mia's Puppy House 3934
LEGO Friends Mia's Puppy House 3934
Offered by Bigg Time Sales
Price: $34.00
18 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A cute addition to other "Friends" sets, January 26, 2012
This set comes with a dog, a dog house, a girl, a small tree, and dog washing accessories. The instructions don't have words, just pictures, but they are done in small steps so it easy enough that with only a little help my 5 year old can put it together by herself. She combined all of her Christmas gift card money to buy the big house from this same Friends line and has played with it almost every day for the last 3 weeks. She begged for more sets, so we let her take almost all the money she has been saving in her piggy bank to go get this Mia's Puppy House. This is a great addition to the main house. She loves that she can now put bows in all the girls' hair (both from this set and her house). I'll admit that if she didn't have any of the other sets she might not be as interested in this small set, but as an addition it works well. Also my daughter enjoys building additional things out of her regular legos to modify or add on to these sets, so the possibilities are endless and her creativity is in full gear. The Friends sets are not cheap, but you can easily see how custom pieces and thought out designs are worth the money.