Books with Buzz Courage To Act by Ben S. Bernanke Learn more Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Learn more
Profile for gucchiri > Reviews

gucchiri's Profile

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

gucchiri "the genuine critics" RSS Feed (NY, NY USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Pit Stop
Pit Stop
DVD ~ Amy Seimetz
Price: $12.82
18 used & new from $11.92

4.0 out of 5 stars but quite like it., November 28, 2014
This review is from: Pit Stop (DVD)
A little slow, but quite like it.

Congo (1995) (BD) [Blu-ray]
Congo (1995) (BD) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Various
Price: $9.15
30 used & new from $7.21

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, November 28, 2014
I have been waiting for Blu-ray of this movie.

Sony TDGBR750 Titanium Active Shutter 3D Glasses
Sony TDGBR750 Titanium Active Shutter 3D Glasses
35 used & new from $97.01

5.0 out of 5 stars nice to have additional pairs, November 28, 2014
As what I have been expecting, nice to have additional pairs.

The Purge (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
The Purge (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
DVD ~ Lena Headey
Price: $9.99
40 used & new from $3.00

1.0 out of 5 stars I wasted my time!!!, August 21, 2013
I wish I didn't watch this movie and I wanted to have my 85 minutes in my life back! Couldn't the writer and director think of even a better plot for the movie? So many things that doesn't make sense and expecting the audiences to watch without using their minds?
We again wish the writer could evolve.

Slaughter (After Dark Horrorfest III)
Slaughter (After Dark Horrorfest III)
DVD ~ David Sterne
Offered by JGmediasupply
Price: $7.88
53 used & new from $0.73

1.0 out of 5 stars Probably the worst Dark Horrorest film so far!, May 30, 2009
Like another viewer's comment, this movie sucks in many parts.
I knew the farmer's daughter is the troubled one already when last victimized girl met the daughter at the bar, her behavious and eyes betrayed her.

No one could see how the daughter chopped off her male victim's arm, and we might be convinced he was bleed to death, but the latter guy was alive when the city girl found him lying on the ground inside the room, but why he wasn't killed like the other guy? Weird. And this guy had a chance to get away for his life with or without the city girl, but was strangled by the daughter so easily before he could open the truck's door, and I really could not believed such a big and strong guy like him was actually that darn weak and strangled to death like this, absolutely not convincing!
The scene that the city girl's boyfriend suddenly showed up from nowhere together with another girl was pointless, and he was stupid too.
When he was questioning the daughter what had happened and what she had done with his girlfriend, the city girl still had a mood to fight with this boyfriend instead of telling him how monstrous the daughter is, how many people she had killed, and how crazy to removing teeth from her mouth, that is upsetting and frustrating.

The girl could have killed the derailed daughter, and could have saved the child and got away, she was weak! rifle being taken by the daughter, and she was just lying down, waiting for the daughter to shot her, how could that happen in real life?

It tells me that everyone wants to be killed by the daughter, and no one seemed to know what basic self-defense instinct is.

The ending is terrible that the daughter also killed her own son after she killed all the others, this is so very negative.

What was the director thinking???

Everything is made up reluctantly and does not make any sense at all!

Don't even waist money to rent neither, 'cos it will waste your time!

Transformers (Two-Disc Special Edition + BD Live) [Blu-ray]
Transformers (Two-Disc Special Edition + BD Live) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Shia LaBeouf
Price: $11.99
99 used & new from $2.63

3.0 out of 5 stars A little big disappointment., September 3, 2008
I love this movie, I watched it twice in movie theatre during roadshow, I couldn't wait for Blueray and bought the DVD first, but after I bought the long-waited Blueray, I was disppointed that the picture quality(it's written 1080p) is not as good as other genuine 1080p Blueray movies, no matter long-shot or close-up, it is just little better than it's DVD version.
Since the colors of this movie is gorgeous, it's quite a waste and make me wonder why they did not check, compare and grade the picture first before releasing it officially.
hope the sequel gets better.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2008 1:24 PM PDT

Conflict: Denied Ops - Playstation 3
Conflict: Denied Ops - Playstation 3
Offered by Midwest Collections Online
Price: $32.99
73 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Disastrous!!!, March 16, 2008
How should I describe this game? It's a making-fools-out-of-players game!!!

1)I thought I was playing zombies shooting game, it was worse, it's more easy to kill a zombie than any of your enemy, why? they die so hard!
even you can aim right at them sucessfully in red circles, it takes you at least 7~8 shots for a rifle or sniper, over 20, or sometimes over 30 shots from a machine-gun, to gun down only 1 enemy, so don't be glad whenever even you are fully loaded with bullets.
What piss me is when your enemies are right in front of you or only 1~2 meters away! you raise your fires, they can easily dodge my fires and run away to hide like ghost.
And sometimes they are coming out to shoot you or hit you down right from nowhere after you have turned 360 degrees 2~3 times to have assured no one is around. even you are alerted and ready to hit back, they will become jumpers, jumping to in front you unbelievably quick and you are down already.

2) Beware of ricochets! don't think you are save even you are sure you are 100% covering yourself, as you are still getting hit without knowing why, ricochets are the only answer I can think of, otherwise...

3)Graphics are bad, you can only see gunfires but you can never can where they shot from, the graphics of enemies are too tiny to spot even when you are using sniper scope-mode, still your enemies are able to shoot you down from miles away even you are shielding yourself well.

4)Sometimes missions fail but you are not shot at all, I thought the enemies were using chemical weapons, poison-gas or so, otherwise no explanation too...

5)it takes too long to heal your partner, slow injections and your partner gets up too slow.

6)the game cannot be saved if you are playing missions by co-ops, unless you play until the missions are completed, otherwise you have to start from the very beginning.

7)when you are using night-vision scope, the green light is very dim and keeps flickering, your eyes feel very uncomfortable.

8)Too few missions too, We feel ripped of money!!!

I don't mind simple shooting games with nothing new, but don't trick or treat the players unwisely.

I wonder if the game is tested seriously before it was put out in the market.

I had no choice because it has split-screen play-mode as off-line split-screen games are getting less and less in the market, but I still regret to have purchased this one, my friend and I are so pissed and really wanted to throw it away.
Waist of money!!!

The Killing Floor
The Killing Floor
DVD ~ Marc Blucas
Offered by newtownvideos
Price: $4.98
28 used & new from $0.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth to buy., January 16, 2008
This review is from: The Killing Floor (DVD)
The movie tries hard to be a thriller, but fails and bores people in fact.
The writer guy looks smart and strong but is actually dumb and weak.
I knew something wrong with his secretary already in the middle of the movie but couldn't he? Even when he found her psycho secretary stalked and took pictures of him without his awareness...
A writer who has talent in writing with imagination can't sense something strange?
He deserves to be played as a fool by his secretary.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2009 7:05 AM PDT

Insten® Dual Charging Station Compatible with Sony PS3 Controller, Black
Insten® Dual Charging Station Compatible with Sony PS3 Controller, Black
Offered by Insten Fulfillment
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Total disappointment!!!, October 27, 2007
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I wonder how they can manufacture such a bad quality charger!!!
I bought one last month, but could only charge 2 ps3 wireless controllers once successfully, and it did not work the 2nd time, not even when I put only one controller on it.

I asked for an exchange, and unfortunately exact same problem happened on the exchanged new charger, but the shop could not exchange for me again.
It is written compatiable for ps3 but I think somehow there is a problem, and I wasted my money on this charge I could use only once.

Please make sure the quality is ok before putting them up in the market for sale!!!

I feel ripped of money!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2013 8:01 PM PDT

Bachelor Party Massacre
Bachelor Party Massacre
DVD ~ Michael Capes
Offered by Big_Box_Bargains
Price: $29.98
7 used & new from $28.08

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!!!, July 27, 2007
This review is from: Bachelor Party Massacre (DVD)
In details, the storyline is very weak, the mental crazy patient is only a small size girl, it seems she has the blue-print of the house that she seems to know every corner of it.
All the victims seem to have no instinct to protect themselves and fight, just sit there and wait to be killed.
The to-be-married man looks smarter and fooler than the otners, how can he, might have knocked the mentally-ill patient unconcious for only a moment, can be that happy as he knows the girl has killed his friends and innocent people brutally, not sure how the girl is and immediately act stupidly, raises his hands, turns his back on the girl...I am pissed and think he deserves to be killed...

The ending is senseless too, somewhat like "Black Xmas 2006", and should be deleted.

Don't believe me, rent one and see it yourself before you decide to buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3