Profile for BW & ABAP > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 414

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BW & ABAP RSS Feed (Missouri City, TX USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AHAVA Dead Sea Water Mineral Hand Cream, 1.3 fl. oz.
AHAVA Dead Sea Water Mineral Hand Cream, 1.3 fl. oz.
Price: $5.60
2 used & new from $5.60

3.0 out of 5 stars AHAVA hand cream is satisfactory, May 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this primarily for my wife. I tried it first to test the quality and I think it just OK and nothing out of the ordinary.

I read/heard somewhere that lotions are water based and creams are oil based. But this AHAVA hand cream is water based! It is a small tube, cream feels good on the hand, and I personally don't like its fragrance much.

My wife's comments:
My hands gets fairly dry after a wash with soap, so I decided to see if this would remedy that situation. It is small enough to go in my purse and is travel friendly, has threaded cap (I wish it had flip top). However, hands do feel smooth as satin, and the subtle fragrance is divine! Almost jasmine-like fragrance. Smooth feeling doesn't last too long making you reach for it more often.

The ingredient list has all fun, hard to pronounce names except for the very first ingredient which is aqua (mineral spring water)! It is paraben free and allergy tested.

DII Home Essentials Reversible Ultra Plush Sherpa Printed Throw Blanket for Bedroom, Counch, Car, Gift, Dorm, 50 by 60-Inch, Leopard Print
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars DII Home Essentials throw is quite good, May 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very good and attractive blanket/throw and I am envisioning my family members run to get this blanket when watching a movie in our living room. Moderately heavy, soft and plush to the touch, and big enough for sharing.

One side of the blanket has leopard print and the other side looks like sheepskin. The printed side looks like velvet. Sure, it is reversible, but I think it will always be used with the print side outside.

Material is 100% polyester and the size is big enough for even an adult. It is machine washable, but I don't see us washing it any time soon or often.

The blanket has double hemming on the edges; first one with fine white thread close to the edge and the second one with thick brown thread with bigger hemming. I think this design should hold the blanket together longer. Look at the picture I uploaded.

I am very happy with this blanket.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Nia 24 Intensive Retinol Repair, 1.7 oz.
Nia 24 Intensive Retinol Repair, 1.7 oz.
Price: $130.00
2 used & new from $130.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nia 24 skin treatment really works, May 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this product for my wife as the skin around her eyes are dark and she is always looking to treat that part of the skin. I could clearly see the improvement after she started treating with this product. We are very happy with Nia 24. Below are her own comments:

If it wasn't expensive, I'd make this skin treatment a daily regimen. It is a non-fragrant, easy to apply, a tad bit on the oily side. I have been using this for the last 2-3 weeks and I am noticing my skin looks much better than before. I have dark circles under my eyes and this has helped in reducing it. Skin under the eyes looks more plush for lack of better word and makes my eyes look younger. I wear a Olay SPF35 on top of this for protection from the sun. I use it over my face and neck too. As one comic said 'A lil dab will do ya'. It'll last long. Very happy with this product!

Hallmark Signature Collection Masculine Birthday Card: Strong Stag
Hallmark Signature Collection Masculine Birthday Card: Strong Stag
by Hallmark
Edition: Cards
Price: $4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Hallmark Stag '3D' card is great, May 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is certainly a different type of card clearly meant to give a man. All materials are brown and black paper and gives a rusty and "environmentally responsible" feeling.

The stag: It is made of paper - actually corrugated cardboard - think of moving box material. But, you won't see in ribs or ridges on the surface. The laser cutting is fine, accurate, and appealing. The attraction goes down a bit once the card is tilted and found that the material is cardboard. Probably it is just me.

The card: The main black card is textured and feels like tree bark. To me, the card was as attractive as the stag itself. It is great in every respect, but I wish inside surfaces were white allowing for longer personal messages.

Inside message: The message inside the card is printed on another plain brown paper in plain type (font) and pasted to the black card. Nothing fancy and feels cheap. There is sufficient room for writing a brief personal message, addressing, and signature. The message itself is plain and simple - good enough for a manly man who doesn't like long and mushy messages :)

There is room for improvement, but I would definitely buy it and recommend to others.

StriVectinLABS 5-Minute Weekly Glycolic Peel
StriVectinLABS 5-Minute Weekly Glycolic Peel
Price: $89.00
5 used & new from $89.00

4.0 out of 5 stars StriVectin 5-Minute treatment seems to be working, April 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this product for my wife who is concerned that her skin is deteriorating with age. She likes the product and below are her comments.

I'm in my mid-40s and will use any product that claims to make my skin feel and look better. I have done chemical peel (over the counter imported product) 2 or 3 times in the last 3 years. I always felt it was too harsh, and stopped using it. When I saw StriVectin and read that it sloughs off dead cells in a 5-min treatment, I had to get it!

The instructions on this product recommend using it twice a week. But I'm not personally comfortable doing it that frequently to scrub off skin cells. I have used it three times at night so far in the last 3-4 weeks. The result is worth commending. I do find that my skin looks radiant, and youthful than before. It is also very easy to use. The whole procedure takes 5 mins. The two tubes are numbered '1' and '2' so you know which goes first on your face and which goes next. Tube 1 is a primer and stays on for one minute and tube 2 has acids that interact with the primer to slough off dead cells which stays on for four minutes. I've had some mild burning sensation (they call it tingling) after applying tube 2 in certain areas of the face, but nothing to worry about since you'll wipe and wash it off in 4 mins. I apply a night cream after this 5-minute peel procedure.

It's a good alternative to a facial spa treatment in that it saves you time and money!

Speedminton Fun Badminton Set
Speedminton Fun Badminton Set
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedminton Set is not a toy - it is for adults too, April 27, 2015
Update 5/19:
I had written to the company about missing glow stick. They sent me extra glow sticks. Customer service is good.

The game is not really enjoyable when playing outdoors in windy conditions. Lots of fun when playing indoors or outdoors when not windy.

_________ Original Review _________
I thought that this is a toy and intended to give to my child to play. But this really is of high quality and I will definitely use it. Very colorful and attractive, but materials and workmanship is of much higher quality for what looks like a cheap toy set.

Best part of this Speedminton set is that no net and court are needed. You can play wherever you want (outdoors) and make your own rules and have good time. Rackets are very light and the speeder (shuttlecock like thing) is also very light. The plastic "feathers" are arranged in such a way as to make it spit while in flight. They also briefly whistle when smashed hard.

When you buy this set (why wouldn't you?), make sure to unpack carefully by cutting the cellophane tapes because the cardboard packaging can definitely be reused for a long time as it keeps everything tidy in one place. This will allow you to easily store and transport the entire set together without losing anything.

Only problem with the set I received is that it had only one glow stick in it, but it was supposed to contain two.

Looking forward to years of fun with this set and I would highly recommend this to everyone.

Calvin Klein OBSESSION for Men Eau de Toilette, 1 fl. oz.
Calvin Klein OBSESSION for Men Eau de Toilette, 1 fl. oz.

4.0 out of 5 stars Calvin Klein Obsession Cologne smells nice and should last long, April 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like the spicy smell this cologne gives. it is not as strong as I was hoping for. Other colognes I've used require just one spritz to give enough effect for my taste, but this requires two sprays and still not that effective. Even with two or three sprays per use, this 1Oz bottle should last very long for me.

The bottle looks good, not too fancy, and the nozzle works just barely satisfactorily. Neither consistent nor reliable. I have seen better nozzles on cheaper cologne bottles.

I'm giving 4 stars only because I like the smell. Otherwise it would get just 3 stars due to lack of potency and mediocre nozzle.

Bounty Basic Large Paper Towels, White, 12 Count (Pack of 2)
Bounty Basic Large Paper Towels, White, 12 Count (Pack of 2)
Price: $36.62
8 used & new from $24.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Bounty Basic is much better than store brand paper towels, April 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I guess your experience depends on your expectations. I was expecting poor quality towels that are comparable to store brand cheap towels, but I was pleasantly surprised to find substantially better towels in Bounty Basic.

Compared to store (Aldi) brand towels, these:
- absorb better
- hold up longer
- tear well along the perforations unlike many cheap ones

I was able to clean my stove top with scrubbing strokes without ripping the paper towel. It's a bit rougher to the touch (more textured) and may be that is contributing to its strength. I don't think the thickness of the paper (or the number of plies) itself is any different, but the way the patterns are embossed on the paper makes it stronger and absorbent. Or, may be the quality of the paper material is different. I don't know what exactly it is, but the paper towels are better than many cheap ones in the market.

I strongly wish they were Select-A-Size perforated. In most cases, I don't need full square, and feel that I am wasting resources when I use the entire square for a small job.

We like it and would recommend it.

Hershey's Nuggets Milk Chocolate with Toffee and Almonds, 60 Ounce
Hershey's Nuggets Milk Chocolate with Toffee and Almonds, 60 Ounce
Offered by XpW
Price: $35.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Hershey's Nuggets are delicious, April 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This packet contains about 180 pieces of just one variety. It is a silky smooth milk chocolate with a core of toffee and crushed almond pieces. The chocolate is soft and melts quickly in the mouth. These are delicious without any doubt for people of all ages.

Each piece is 50 calories with saturated fat, sugars, sodium etc. in quantities one should expect in a chocolate snack. Best for occasional indulgence, reward for children, or for gifting.

Amazon description has an interesting recipe that will sure amuse children. I will definitely try it for our next gathering.

I wish the packet was an assortment of variety - so at least there is some anticipation and surprise.

Marvel Avengers Hulk Gamma Grip Fists
Marvel Avengers Hulk Gamma Grip Fists
Price: $19.99
24 used & new from $14.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Hulk hands are soft and very entertaining, April 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These Hulk hands are much more fun than I expected! They are made of soft plastic materials and feel more like rubber or sponge. The texture and finish are quick good. Veins and nerves on the back of the hands, and the wrinkles on the palm make them look realistic.

They are huge (they are Hulk's hands :), but fits all sizes of hands and provides good entertainment. Everybody wants to try them on.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20