Profile for Sudarshan Karkada > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 335

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sudarshan Karkada RSS Feed (Missouri City, TX USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Coffee Blenders  Lean Single Serve Cups for Keurig K-Cup Brewers,15 Count
Coffee Blenders Lean Single Serve Cups for Keurig K-Cup Brewers,15 Count
Price: $20.15
2 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Coffee Blenders Lean - good tasting, but flavored :(, July 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
(This review is for "Lean" product with weight loss claims.)

I want my coffee to taste and smell like coffee. I don't like added flavors. This coffee has added flavor - may be hazelnut, even though not mentioned anywhere. The smell itself put me off, but after taking a few sips, I started liking the coffee in spite of the added flavor. I think I would have liked it much more if it didn't have added flavor.

It is marked as "dark roast," but it is not as dark as other brand dark roast coffee. Coffee is not very strong either - and I like that.

My very first brew left some coffee ground in my coffee. That had never happened before with any other brands. It didn't happen again, so that may be a strange case.

I will not continue using this coffee because I have found other products that are much tastier than this one. For example Starbucks Breakfast Blend tastes much better for me.

Lonely Planet London (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet London (Travel Guide)
by Emilie Filou
Price: $16.72
67 used & new from $12.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference for London Trip, July 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great reference guide for planning a London trip. Overall quality of the guide is consistent with the high quality maintained by Lonely Planet products.

I would give only 4.5 stars if that was possible because it is missing good information about surrounding areas. See at the bottom of this review for details.

I got this book because we are planning a trip to London for the first time. Although there is tons of information online, I prefer to flip through the pages and read and bookmark/highlight.

The introduction is quite nice in that it lists tips for first-timers, how to do things like a local, free attractions, kids-oriented attractions, overview of transport options, and so on. I liked the organization of the book - it has sections dedicated by neighborhood/areas (West End, City, Shoreditch, etc). Within each section there's a map of that area, top attractions with some pictures, eating places (cuisine type, price included), getting there, shopping, entertainment, and the author's tips. It also has maps that show walking routes with attractions, mileage, and time to do the activity. I liked that since that's the best way to absorb the city's sights, sounds, and smell. I have not read the complete book yet at this point. But I might come back and update this after we use it on our trip. Towards the end of the book there is a good amount of material to read about London to get a good knowledge of its history, entertainment, architecture, etc. It also has maps of each neighborhood at the end of the book. I think it's kinda handy when you are out and about on the streets especially since we may not have ample Internet access while there to help us with instant info update.

There are separate indexes for eating, entertainment, sports, etc. at the end of the book. I liked that idea.

I understand the guide is about London and not UK. Still I would have liked the guide to cover day trips out of London. They did cover a few day trip destinations, but I am disappointed that many good ones are missing. For example, there is no mentioning of Beachy Head. If I hadn't used Internet in addition to this book, I would have missed out on some of the attractions.

FUJIFILM 3D digital camera FinePix REAL 3D W3 F FX-3D W3S (Japan Import)
FUJIFILM 3D digital camera FinePix REAL 3D W3 F FX-3D W3S (Japan Import)
Offered by JAPAN SELECT from OSAKA
Price: $215.00
66 used & new from $178.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Explanation of "Japan Import", June 10, 2014
I ordered one of these cameras and received it yesterday. I haven't used it much, but you can find many reviews under this product: Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Digital Camera with 3.5-Inch LCD

In this review, I just want to mention that this camera is exactly same, but the user manual is printed in Japanese.

You can obtain English manual in PDF format on Fuji support site (see 1st comment on this review.)

So far, I love this camera. I may return here and update this review if I have anything different/more to say than what other reviewers have already mentioned.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2014 1:58 PM PDT

Takara Tomy 3d Shot Cam Digital Camera
Takara Tomy 3d Shot Cam Digital Camera
Offered by LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Price: $35.00
34 used & new from $20.15

2.0 out of 5 stars Yes, 3D camera. No, not useful., June 6, 2014
It does take 3D pictures. Comes with two viewers made of thick paper and plastic lenses. Everything else about this camera is bad.

- Resolution is terrible - 96 DPI
- Picture quality is terrible in good light
- Printed photo will have two images of 2" x 1.5" (each)
- Instruction sheets (and all prints) are in Japanese. Only the engravings and prints on the camera are in English.
- No LCD, no flash. What you see in the picture is viewfinder lens.

It takes three AAA batteries. Battery cover is fastened with screw - just like a toy. Takes SD card.

It takes two images of the subject into one jpeg document; left side image and right side image. Unfortunately you cannot view them like stereo pictures. Because of the image composition, it is not conducive for parallel vision stereo viewing. I swapped the pictures using Photoshop and then I could view with cross-eyed stereo vision. But, that is a lot of work.

I also tried making anaglyph picture, again, poor quality of the pictures ruined everything.

The way to use it is:
- Take the picture
- Take the SD card to the computer and print it on a 4x6 paper
- Cut the picture at the guidelines the camera prints. It will become a strip.
- Weave the strip into supplied viewer (made of card stock)
- And enjoy.

I could live with everything, except for the photo quality and image resolution.

BIC 4-Color Ball Pen, Medium Point, 3 Pack, Assorted Ink (MMP31-ASST)
BIC 4-Color Ball Pen, Medium Point, 3 Pack, Assorted Ink (MMP31-ASST)
Price: $5.49
32 used & new from $1.52

5.0 out of 5 stars 4-Color Ball Pen set is good, June 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I used to use these types of pens in '80s. Glad to find them again. These pens work well in terms of mechanism. But, they are not high quality writing instruments. All colors write well but ink flow is typical of cheap ball point pens.

Very happy with this product and I would recommend it to friends.

Allen Sports Aluminum Folding 2-Bike Rack
Allen Sports Aluminum Folding 2-Bike Rack
Price: $60.79
19 used & new from $52.36

4.0 out of 5 stars "Origami" bicycle carrier!, June 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am pleasantly surprised how compact this product is. Storing it in the garage takes very little space.

I used to have Hollywood Racks E3 Express 3-Bike Trunk Mount Rack, which is quite good, but (1) takes too much space for storage and (2) arms are too wide for carrying small bicycles. It was also not very stable.

This Allen aluminum carrier is very light, very compact (for storage and for usage), and narrow so most small bikes fit as well.

This carrier is not stable either. I am very concerned as to how it will fare on a long distance drive on a highway.

The foldable and extendable parts are operated using spring loaded pushbutton type pins. The ones you will find on folding tents. They are hard to operate. Even after you press the pin all the way in, the arm doesn't move easily.

It fits well on Hyundai Sonata.

Its compactness and light weight are my favorite. If it doesn't perform well on a highway, I will update this review. Otherwise, it is quite good looking.

Two concerns:
1) Two of the pads rest on the trunk. If you are not careful, it could damage the paint.
2) It blocks the license plate significantly. Some unhappy police officer could give a citation for obscuring the license plate.

Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Men's Razor With Flexball Handle Technology With 1 Razor Blade
Price: $10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Gillette Fusion - unnecessarily complex razor, June 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This razor does provide a smooth and close shave. A lesser razor might also provide an equally great shave for much less price and complexity.

How complex is this razor? Just read the product title. 5 blades, motion (flexibility) in two axes, and vibrating. BTW, there is no mentioning anywhere of what is the purpose or benefit of the vibration function. However, there is an elaborate description of the battery maintenance procedure.

I tried the razor with and without using the vibration. I found no difference in any aspect of shaving process. This is the first time I used a razor with Flexball technology. I am not convinced that it adds any benefit. I am still puzzled as to why all this complexity.

Offered by Ableconn
Price: $59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars DisplayPort adapter works as advertised, May 27, 2014
We have a monitor that supports 2560x1600 resolution but none of our computers have built-in DisplayPort to utilize the full resolution of the monitor.

This device has successfully allowed us to utilize the big monitor to its full capacity.

The description here on Amazon says this is plug-n-play. That wasn't my experience; I had to install the driver software.

The supplied driver CD may not work with Windows 8.1. I had to download the latest driver from their Web site and install. I wish this was an in-line device with one end with male USB and another end male DisplayPort. That would have reduced a lot of clutter on the desk.

It DOES NOT come with DisplayPort cable. If you don't already have the cable, make sure to order one along with this device.

I think the device is too pricey for what it does.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2014 5:49 PM PDT

Planar PXL2790MW Widescreen Quad HD Monitor
Planar PXL2790MW Widescreen Quad HD Monitor
Price: $511.66
36 used & new from $485.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Planar 27" monitor is great, but can your PC handle it?, May 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Note: The product description says the resolution is 2560x1400, but I am able to display 2560 x 1440. Details are below.

Picture quality is great. Thin, light, sleek and the monitor looks great. Inconspicuous built-in speakers are great (disclaimer: my expectations for monitor speakers are low). VGA, HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort for input. What's not to like? Read on.

This monitor can support 2560 x 1440 resolution. What is the point of a big monitor if you don't utilize the full resolution?

I believe HDMI 1.3 standard supports 2560 x 1440 resolution. However, I couldn't see that with my setup. I don't if it is the computer or the monitor, but the resolution maxed out at 1920 x 1080. Very disappointing.

I have a HDMI to DVI cable and when I tried that, I was still limited to 1920 x 1080. Unfortunately I don't have a single computer with DVI port to test that out.

VGA connection gives slightly higher resolution, but leaves a thick black border around the desktop.

In order to utilize full 2560 x 1440 resolution of the monitor, I had to buy USB 3.0 to DisplayPort adapter: Ableconn USB3DP00B USB 3.0 to DisplayPort Display Video Adapter up to 2560x1600 (DisplayLink DL-3500) - External Video Card - USB Multi-Monitor Graphics Adapter Well, this is satisfactory, but (1)I had to spend extra, (2)there is additional hardware on my desk adding to clutter, and (3)I lost a USB port.

Realize that these are not faults of the monitor; if your computer comes with DVI or DisplayPort built-in, you can probably use this monitor as is.

It does have VESA (I think 100mm) mount, and the stand utilizes the mount. So, you can mount it on wall if you are willing to remove the stand. My current ViewSonic monitor has VESA mount, but the stand doesn't use it. I made a bracket, hung it over the VESA mount, and kept my laptop in the bracket. That with wireless keyboard and mouse allowed to keep my desk tidy without cables running all over. However, I can't do that with this Planar monitor.

I didn't see any flicker or hear any noise while using this monitor.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2014 10:57 AM PDT

Olympia AD160 160-Lumen AD Series High-Performance LED Flashlight
Olympia AD160 160-Lumen AD Series High-Performance LED Flashlight
Price: $27.80
22 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympia LED Flashlight is SOLID!, May 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This flashlight is compact, robust, waterproof, bright, and functional. Comes with belt clip, lanyard, and spare components. It produces enough light (in bright mode) for most uses. It remembers the mode and turns on in the same mode next time.

Lanyard and spares were stored inside the battery compartment. Spare parts are O ring and switch cover. I wonder when I will need them and if I can find them when I need them.

Strobe and SOS modes may be useful in emergencies, nice to have if that didn't add to the cost. SOS mode lights up in Morse code spelling SOS.

I think it is pricey at the time of this review. Overall, I think it is built well and I like it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20