Profile for BW & ABAP > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 423

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BW & ABAP RSS Feed (Missouri City, TX USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver Black and White Cubic Zirconia J-Hoop Earrings (6 cttw)

5.0 out of 5 stars Earrings are big and attractive, June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Unlike most jewelry that is sold online, these earrings are true to the picture on Amazon Website. I was expecting much smaller earrings, but pleasantly surprised that they are big.

These earrings are very attractive and suitable for most casual occasions. They do come in a nice jewelry box. In addition to the metal clasp, it also includes plastic/nylon bushing that can be very helpful in preventing the pin from poking the skin hard. See the pictures I posted.

Materials and workmanship appear to be quite good. Overall, these rings are very good and my wife really likes them.
Comment Comment | Permalink

#1 Best Silicone Collapsible Colander Mesh Strainer - For Pasta Vegetables Fruit More - Drain Blanched Parboiled Veggies Broccoli Beans More - Space Saving Design Folds Down Flat for Storage - Durable Dishwasher Safe - Brand: Perfect Life Ideas -Tm ®
Offered by Perfect Life Ideas
Price: $29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Silicone Collapsible Colander is good, June 30, 2015
Best feature of this product is its ability to collapse for easy storage. The term 'colander', to me, means you can drain noodles and pasta. While this product could be used to drain pasta, it is not going to be simple. The holes are only on the bottom and the bottom surface completely touches the kitchen sink as there are no spacers/feet. To me, that is unclean and I hesitate to use it like that.

As pictures show, it can definitely be used to wash lettuce and vegetables. I think that is how we will use it in our household and we will continue using our stainless steel colander for pasta and noodles.

We got orange color product and it looks very attractive. Overall finish and the workmanship are quite good. Collapsing works fine as expected. Material is quite thick and holds very well.

** I was given a free product for an honest review **

Viva Labs #1 Premium Himalayan Organic Goji Berries, Noticeably Larger and Juicier, 1lb bag
Offered by Premium Vitamins
Price: $21.95
8 used & new from $16.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Viva Goji Berries are a good mid-morning snack, June 19, 2015
I'd seen and heard about Goji berries, and this was an opportunity to give it a try since it was offered to us free in exchange for an honest review.

These attractive looking dried berries are orangish red, about 2cm long and in the shape of an almond (scaled down a bit). The texture is that of a raisin when eaten out of the box. It starts out as sweet and ends with a slight bitter taste. I like to eat dried berries (jujubes, dates, etc), but this one is hard to put in that category.

I use a small amount (2Tbsp) along with 1Tbsp of Viva Labs Organic Raw Chia Seeds, 1 Pound and let is soak in coconut water for a minimum of 15 mins. I drink this (with a spoon) to satisfy mid-morning hunger pangs instead of reaching out for another cup of coffee.

** I was offered a free product in exchange for review **

Kaplan ACT Premier 2016 with 8 Practice Tests: Personalized Feedback + Book + Online + DVD (Kaplan Test Prep)
by Kaplan
Price: $21.37
47 used & new from $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Kaplan ACT Premier 2016 - a very useful reference, June 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Below is the review written by our teenager who is preparing for ACT and SAT:
This book is tremendously helpful for preparing for the ACT. It's formatted like most of these test prep books, with an introduction which discusses the basic layout of the ACT and things such as time limits, general strategies, and score breakdowns. After that it goes into more depth by breaking down each section of the test.

I liked this book because each section not only discusses strategies (how to guess, elimination, guess-and-check, etc) but also goes over and teaches the actual material that they test on. The book includes short lessons on each topic, which I found useful. It does a good job integrating strategy with curriculum, in order to provide the most effective way of preparing for and taking the ACT.

At the end of each section there is a quiz with around 20-30 questions for that subject, along with an answer key and explanations for each question. And, of course, at the end of the book there are full-length ACT tests, which I recommend taking only after you have finished reading the contents of the book. I was pleased to find that there are explanations for the questions here as well.

Below is the review written by our 12 year old:
This Kaplan book is a very in depth book with many tips and tricks for taking the ACT. The book contains mostly explanations of many strategies, and the many habits of the test makers. It is hard to read more than 20 pages at one time without going to sleep, so it is best to just read small sections of the book. The test questions are very much like the actual ACT or SAT questions. Overall very helpful for taking the ACT.

Viva Labs Organic Raw Chia Seeds, 1 Pound
Viva Labs Organic Raw Chia Seeds, 1 Pound
Offered by Premium Vitamins
Price: $19.99
11 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Viva Labs Chia Seeds are quite good, June 16, 2015
This is the first time I have tried Chia seeds. They are about 1-2mm long, neutral taste, and no smell when eaten raw. They do however get stuck in your molars if you chew them raw.

I used it in pancakes so kids can have some nutrition in their breakfast. It has 16% fiber in 1Tbsp, and provides a good source of Omega-3s and -6s. Kids loved it too. There was no altered taste to the pancakes other than a mild crunchiness while eating them - which was nice.

I read up more about its benefits, I am sold on this super food. It is the same seed that is used in the popular chia pets. Now if only I could make clay heads of my family members, I could sprout these and display them as my pets :)

** I was provided a free sample for an honest review **

3/4 Length Orthotics by VIVEsole - Plantar Series - Insoles with Arch Support and Heel Cushion for Plantar Fasciitis (Large)
Offered by HEALTH SOURCE
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars VIVEsole 3/4 Length Orthotics make my feet very comfortable., June 15, 2015
First impressions are fantastic. I do suffer from plantar fasciitis (pain in the heal) in my right foot. It is manageable pain, but I have to give up my hobbies (walking, running, games that you play in courts, etc.) until aggravation subsides.

Right now, I am just recovering from an episode after playing just an hour of light tennis with my friend about a week ago. I am now resting my feet. I am also stretching my feet by standing on the ball of my feet at the edge of stair case step. This exercise gives hours of relief.

I just received these orthotics, placed it in my office shoes, and walked around. My feet are VERY comfortable in those shoes with these orthotics.

Best feature of these is their 3/4 length. They lay on the existing surface of the shoe and you can move them from one shoe to another! That way you can try them on multiple shoes and then buy more if you think they are great on your feet and you want to stop moving them between shoes.

The cushion on the heel is not very thick. I think the maximum comfort is coming from high arch that supports the arch of your foot.

Overall, I am very happy that I came across this product.

** I was provided a sample in return for an honest review. **

Electrolux Ergorapido Lithium Ion Plus 2-in-1 Handheld Vacuum, Deep Blue
Electrolux Ergorapido Lithium Ion Plus 2-in-1 Handheld Vacuum, Deep Blue
Price: $89.99
4 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Electrolux Ergorapido vacuum cleaner is fantastic, June 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am writing this review after using the cleaner multiple times. First floor of our house has no carpeting, mostly wood and tile surface. We are always trying different options to clean the floor. We have a Eureka cordless pickup from Target and I am not happy with its cleaning abilities for a jiffy cleanup. So we decided to give this Electrolux Ergorapido a try. 5 stars class act indeed!

It took me less than 15 minutes to put this together from opening the box to final assembly. I spent much of that time figuring out where the brush attachment goes. It attaches to handle - see the photo I uploaded.

Pros:
1. Does a great job of quick cleanup.
2. Has two settings (high and low power). High power setting gets the job done well, but low setting keeps the charge longer. I personally liked the high setting since we are always in a rush to finish cleaning quickly.
3. Brush/bristle keeps rotating - no setting change between rug and hard floors. Love this feature. This way I can get my kitchen rugs cleaned while I get the tiles too.
4. Vacuums thick pile rugs decently - still recommend a heavier duty cleaner for thick piles. This'll clean up just the surface debris. The best part is that since the head is narrow, it easily cleans up the debris just below the edge of a sofa whereas a normal high power vac won't go having you to move the sofa to get the dirt.
5. Pretty powerful - picked up small rocks in the mudroom, grains of raw rice/cereals easily.
6. Easy to maneuver - smooth movement, lightweight.
7. Free standing! When put for charging, it stands on its own (not leaning on the wall). See the photo I've uploaded.
8. Detachable vac helps me clean stairs without having to lug the whole vac. The brush attachment is neat in that it gets the corners and edges of stairs quite nicely.
9. Innovative dust release - just pull a spring loaded mechanism and the dust comes off when it's released. Easy to clean.

Cons:
1. Since it moves very easlly and pivots at the head of the vac, it may not go where you want it go, especially on a non-smooth tile. Our tile is textured, and it seems like the textured grooves in the tile causes it to misalign (imagine a shopping cart with a stuck wheel) and doesn't go straight. Not much of a hassle.
Comment Comment | Permalink

DII Home Essentials 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Everday Kitchen Basic Terry Printed Kitchen Towel Set of 4, Coffee
Price: $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars DII Home Essentials Kitchen Towels are good, June 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These towels are thin, light, and absorbent and hence good for wiping the washed dishes, kitchen counter, handling hot vessels and such uses. I prefer plush kitchen towels for wiping hands after washing in the sink. I wouldn't like to use these DII towels for that purpose.

My wife likes to get towels in different colors and print patterns for use in various seasons and occasions. She likes the coffee print on these towels as they project traditional and country-like sentiment. Color combination is pleasing to the eye; other side of the towel is plain white.

One of the towels we received had a print problem. It looked like they stacked the towels before even the print dried and the image from another towel left an impression on this towel. Other three towels in the package were fine.

100% cotton, made in China, and quite good for daily use.

Lee Men's No Iron Relaxed Fit Pleated Pant
Lee Men's No Iron Relaxed Fit Pleated Pant
Price: $24.87 - $24.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Lee No Iron pants really require no ironing!, June 9, 2015
These are business casual pants that really do not require ironing. Even after machine washing!

I am so glad Lee makes them and I found them. I bought two and looking to buy one more. I wish they offered more colors :)

RECOMMENDATION:
They do run about an inch long. They are fine after wearing shoes, but when walking barefoot, pants do touch the floor and annoying. If available, order 1" shorter than going for a longer pants.

Pants are fine in all other respects. Material, stitching, fit, etc. are all great. I would definitely buy these again.

AHAVA Dead Sea Water Mineral Hand Cream, 1.3 fl. oz.
AHAVA Dead Sea Water Mineral Hand Cream, 1.3 fl. oz.
Price: $7.00
2 used & new from $7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars AHAVA hand cream is satisfactory, May 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this primarily for my wife. I tried it first to test the quality and I think it just OK and nothing out of the ordinary.

I read/heard somewhere that lotions are water based and creams are oil based. But this AHAVA hand cream is water based! It is a small tube, cream feels good on the hand, and I personally don't like its fragrance much.

My wife's comments:
My hands gets fairly dry after a wash with soap, so I decided to see if this would remedy that situation. It is small enough to go in my purse and is travel friendly, has threaded cap (I wish it had flip top). However, hands do feel smooth as satin, and the subtle fragrance is divine! Almost jasmine-like fragrance. Smooth feeling doesn't last too long making you reach for it more often.

The ingredient list has all fun, hard to pronounce names except for the very first ingredient which is aqua (mineral spring water)! It is paraben free and allergy tested.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20