Profile for BW & ABAP > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 410

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BW & ABAP RSS Feed (Missouri City, TX USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
StriVectinLABS 5-Minute Weekly Glycolic Peel
StriVectinLABS 5-Minute Weekly Glycolic Peel
Price: $89.00
5 used & new from $89.00

4.0 out of 5 stars StriVectin 5-Minute treatment seems to be working, April 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this product for my wife who is concerned that her skin is deteriorating with age. She like the product and below are her comments.

I'm in my mid-40s and will use any product that claims to make my skin feel and look better. I have done chemical peel (over the counter imported product) 2 or 3 times in the last 3 years. I always felt it was too harsh, and stopped using it. When I saw StriVectin and read that it sloughs off dead cells in a 5-min treatment, I had to get it!

The instructions on this product recommend using it twice a week. But I'm not personally comfortable doing it that frequently to scrub off skin cells. I have used it three times at night so far in the last 3-4 weeks. The result is worth commending. I do find that my skin looks radiant, and youthful than before. It is also very easy to use. The whole procedure takes 5 mins. The two tubes are numbered '1' and '2' so you know which goes first on your face and which goes next. Tube 1 is a primer and stays on for one minute and tube 2 has acids that interact with the primer to slough off dead cells which stays on for four minutes. I've had some mild burning sensation (they call it tingling) after applying tube 2 in certain areas of the face, but nothing to worry about since you'll wipe and wash it off in 4 mins. I apply a night cream after this 5-minute peel procedure.

It's a good alternative to a facial spa treatment in that it saves you time and money!

Speedminton Fun Badminton Set
Speedminton Fun Badminton Set
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedminton Set is not a toy - it is for adults too, April 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I thought that this is a toy and intended to give to my child to play. But this really is of high quality and I will definitely use it. Very colorful and attractive, but materials and workmanship is of much higher quality for what looks like a cheap toy set.

Best part of this Speedminton set is that no net and court are needed. You can play wherever you want (outdoors) and make your own rules and have good time. Rackets are very light and the speeder (shuttlecock like thing) is also very light. The plastic "feathers" are arranged in such a way as to make it spit while in flight. They also briefly whistle when smashed hard.

When you buy this set (why wouldn't you?), make sure to unpack carefully by cutting the cellophane tapes because the cardboard packaging can definitely be reused for a long time as it keeps everything tidy in one place. This will allow you to easily store and transport the entire set together without losing anything.

Only problem with the set I received is that it had only one glow stick in it, but it was supposed to contain two.

Looking forward to years of fun with this set and I would highly recommend this to everyone.

Calvin Klein OBSESSION for Men Eau de Toilette, 1 fl. oz.
Calvin Klein OBSESSION for Men Eau de Toilette, 1 fl. oz.
Price: $39.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Calvin Klein Obsession Cologne smells nice and should last long, April 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like the spicy smell this cologne gives. it is not as strong as I was hoping for. Other colognes I've used require just one spritz to give enough effect for my taste, but this requires two sprays and still not that effective. Even with two or three sprays per use, this 1Oz bottle should last very long for me.

The bottle looks good, not too fancy, and the nozzle works just barely satisfactorily. Neither consistent nor reliable. I have seen better nozzles on cheaper cologne bottles.

I'm giving 4 stars only because I like the smell. Otherwise it would get just 3 stars due to lack of potency and mediocre nozzle.

Bounty Basic Large Paper Towels, White, 12 Count (Pack of 2)
Bounty Basic Large Paper Towels, White, 12 Count (Pack of 2)
Price: $35.07
8 used & new from $19.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Bounty Basic is much better than store brand paper towels, April 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I guess your experience depends on your expectations. I was expecting poor quality towels that are comparable to store brand cheap towels, but I was pleasantly surprised to find substantially better towels in Bounty Basic.

Compared to store (Aldi) brand towels, these:
- absorb better
- hold up longer
- tear well along the perforations unlike many cheap ones

I was able to clean my stove top with scrubbing strokes without ripping the paper towel. It's a bit rougher to the touch (more textured) and may be that is contributing to its strength. I don't think the thickness of the paper (or the number of plies) itself is any different, but the way the patterns are embossed on the paper makes it stronger and absorbent. Or, may be the quality of the paper material is different. I don't know what exactly it is, but the paper towels are better than many cheap ones in the market.

I strongly wish they were Select-A-Size perforated. In most cases, I don't need full square, and feel that I am wasting resources when I use the entire square for a small job.

We like it and would recommend it.

Hershey's Nuggets Milk Chocolate with Toffee and Almonds, 60 Ounce
Hershey's Nuggets Milk Chocolate with Toffee and Almonds, 60 Ounce
Price: $29.95
2 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Hershey's Nuggets are delicious, April 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This packet contains about 180 pieces of just one variety. It is a silky smooth milk chocolate with a core of toffee and crushed almond pieces. The chocolate is soft and melts quickly in the mouth. These are delicious without any doubt for people of all ages.

Each piece is 50 calories with saturated fat, sugars, sodium etc. in quantities one should expect in a chocolate snack. Best for occasional indulgence, reward for children, or for gifting.

Amazon description has an interesting recipe that will sure amuse children. I will definitely try it for our next gathering.

I wish the packet was an assortment of variety - so at least there is some anticipation and surprise.

Marvel Avengers Hulk Gamma Grip Fists
Marvel Avengers Hulk Gamma Grip Fists
Price: $15.99
19 used & new from $10.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Hulk hands are soft and very entertaining, April 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These Hulk hands are much more fun than I expected! They are made of soft plastic materials and feel more like rubber or sponge. The texture and finish are quick good. Veins and nerves on the back of the hands, and the wrinkles on the palm make them look realistic.

They are huge (they are Hulk's hands :), but fits all sizes of hands and provides good entertainment. Everybody wants to try them on.

Command Decor Damage-Free Wall Tiles, White Frame, 7.5 x 7.5-Inches Window plus Riser, 3-Pack
Price: $66.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Command Decor pictures and photo display are easy to use and pleasing to the eye, April 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These decor items are not what I had in my mind, so I am somewhat disappointed. I was expecting smaller (about 6"x6") tiles, but these are 12.5" square tiles and take up too much space on the wall I was planning to use these for.

My trial packet had two pre-printed contemporary pictures, one photo frame, and a riser.

Each picture tile comes with its own bubble level to ensure proper installation. Picture tile is 1" deep, but adding a riser makes it 2" deep. Riser allows to overlap the picture tiles - look at the example in my photo.

These tiles are made of thin plastic and they are very light. You really don't need heavy or strong tiles especially when you are hanging (sticking) them on the wall. The lighter the better, actually. I am happy with the materials and construction, even though it felt cheap while using them. Once on the wall, nobody knows what's behind them and they look great.

If you have used any Command strips before, sticking these tiles to the wall is no different. Exact same product and exact same easy procedure. They are removable without any noticeable damage to the wall. Just like other Command strips, these aren't meant for wall paper surface.

The photo frame tile takes 5x7 photo. The window size is 4.5"x6.5", so take that into consideration before printing the picture. There is a thick black border around the photo, which looks quite good. Photo frame is different from other picture tiles in that the front plate has a pocket that allows for placing the photo.

Easy to use, quick installation, easily removable, and attractive looking. Allows for rearranging the pictures once in a while for fresh appearance.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Lonely Planet Pocket Orlando & Walt Disney World® Resort (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Pocket Orlando & Walt Disney World® Resort (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet
Price: $10.49
68 used & new from $6.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Lonely Plant Orlando guide is truly pocket size, April 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We are planning a trip to Orlando in July and this guide arrived in perfect time. Couldn't wait to browse and have a quick look.

Aspects that are most appealing to me:
Size - it does really fit in a pocket, and I can't emphasize enough how useful that is to me.
Coverage - not just Disney, but the book covers Orlando including Universal, Kennedy Space Center, Downtown, etc. Exactly what we needed.
Variety of attractions - highlights everything for all age groups

Typical to most travel guides, this book also has lots of color images, maps, one larger folded map, tips, recommendations, etc. However, being small, it doesn't cover much of history and subject matter.

I am very happy to have acquired this book at the optimal time and will certainly recommend due to its portability.

Oreck Surface Scrub Hard Floor Cleaner
Oreck Surface Scrub Hard Floor Cleaner
Price: $249.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Oreck hard floor cleaner is quite good, April 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have owned and used wet carpet vacuum cleaners for many years, but never owned a hard floor cleaner. We do have textured tiles in the kitchen, breakfast area, and bathroom, which we have always washed with cloth and a pail of water. We believe a mop will mostly spread the dirt around and remove only a small portion of the dirt. Regardless of mop or damp cloth, dirt that is settled in crevices of the textured tile and the grout would be hard to clean. So, we were very interested in acquiring this Oreck Cleaner because it claims to scrub with brushes.

Assembling the device was easiest thing to do. No tools needed and there is really nothing to it.

We read the instructions a couple of times and began to use the cleaner. We filled up the tank with a cap full (1oz) of cleaning solution (came with the vac) and then some hot water up to fill line. We set it to 'wash' mode and got it to go. Well, I could see that the brush was spinning, but the water was not dispensing (even though I was pulling the trigger). So we stopped and read the manual again which said that the handle had to be set to lock position. We did this and it started to dispense water.

It was fairly light and easy to run the vac on the floor - no wrist pain or such. I was able to clean about 270sf area with one fill of the container. I ran the vac about 3-4 times over the same area to ensure all dirt and grime was being scrubbed. Be careful walking around since the floors are very slippery.

After the kitchen was scrubbed, I set the vac to 'dry' mode and this stops the brush from spinning , but sucks any water left on the floor. It doesn't look totally dry after this action - you have to give it 10-15 mins for it to completely dry.

Time-wise, this takes more time to clean the floors than a regular mop and bucket method. So I'll use this device may be every 3 weeks or so. I think the time will drastically reduce if you have smooth tiles (as opposed to my textured tiles). Overall very happy with this product.

- Water containers don't lock well easily. You have to try a couple of times and make sure they are locked securely.
- Cleaning solution is probably not needed during every use. May be once in a while or when the floor is really dirty. Plain water should work, but we haven't tried that yet.
- I have uploaded a photo of dirty water after cleaning just so you can get an idea.

I am finding it hard to recommend this product without reservations (at the current price of two thirty five,) but you will definitely benefit if you have large hard floor areas and a back that is not in tip-top condition.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Ammex GWON Gloveworks Orange Nitrile Glove, Latex Free, Disposable, Powder Free, Large (Box of 100)
Price: $13.30
6 used & new from $13.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Gloveworks Disposable Gloves are a great value, April 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These gloves are of good quality and provide great value. I consider my hands to be of medium size and these large gloves fit well without any difficulty, but would also fit snugly on larger hands. Wrist area was loose/slack on my hands, but that is probably intentional for normal blood flow and comfort.

- There are nubs on both sides of the gloves providing grip regardless of which hand you wear it on
- The orange color is bright and attractive making them look like expensive product
- Box has perforated slot and works as a dispenser
- Material is thick and strong; they can definitely be reused (depending on the type of use)

We intend to use them for gardening and household cleaning. This box should last very long in our house. We are very happy with these gloves.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20