Profile for BW & ABAP > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 436

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BW & ABAP RSS Feed (Missouri City, TX USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
STIGA Supreme Table Tennis Racket
STIGA Supreme Table Tennis Racket
Price: $39.99
25 used & new from $31.99

4.0 out of 5 stars STIGA Supreme TT racket is light, good for defensive play, not for spin, August 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
STIGA Supreme TT racket is substantially light compared to most good quality TT rackets we own. Compared to STIGA PRO Carbon and STIGA Evolution (Premium), I would consider this to be an inferior racket. If I had to buy new paddles, I would go with STIGA Evolution or even Killerspin rackets.

Word "Supreme" is printed on the handle, but "Future" is embossed on the rubber surface.

This racket is good for people that play defensively - no spinning or frequent smashes. If your style is to play fast game, this probably isn't good racket for you.

These are not necessarily bad rackets. In fact, my wife found it to be very good. When I tried it though, I played badly and lost many points. Once I returned to STIGA Evolution, my game improved to my normal performance.

Everydaysource® Compatible with Samsung© Galaxy Note III N9000 Black Horizontal [6.1x3.2x0.4]¡±Leather Case
Offered by Everydaysource
Price: $7.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Everydaysource phone case fits BLU Life One 4G LTE, July 30, 2015
I bought this for using with my new BLU Life One 4G LTE phone because the published case dimensions match the phone dimensions exactly.

However, my phone is somewhat loose fitting in the case, but not by too much. There is about 6 mm additional gap on the sides. There is about a millimeter gap on the thickness also, but that really helps with quickly tacking the phone out.

Material quality, workmanship, colors all look great. The clip is a finished metal clip that works well and looks good.

This is a fantastic case for my phone especially considering the value. I am happy that I found and bought this.

Sterling Silver, Freshwater Cultured Pearl, and Swarovski Zirconia Pendant Necklace, 18"
Price: $77.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Pearl and Zirconia Pendant Necklace is beautiful., July 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This necklace is made well with quality components and looks beautiful.

The pearl is uniform in shape and color and quite larger than I expected it to be. Actually, the pearl that is on the necklace is much more uniform and symmetrical than the photo on Amazon page. The Swarovski stone is also large, shiny, and attractive.

When looked closely, the workmanship seems mediocre, but it looks fine from two-feet distance. It looks great for a semi-dressy occasions.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Samsung UN32J5205 32-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV (2015 Model)
Samsung UN32J5205 32-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV (2015 Model)
Price: Click here to see our price
11 used & new from $252.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 32-inch smart LED TV is a fine TV, July 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this TV for the primary purpose of displaying vertical slideshows; like they do in malls and department stores. The TV does a great job for this purpose. More on this later.

TV comes with feet not assembled. Assembling the feet is is quick and easy. Yes, feet are made of plastic, very light, and feel weak/flimsy. However, they work great because the TV is very light as well.

The TV comes with VESA 200x200 mounting holes. This is very important for me to do the project that I had in mind. Regardless of VESA standard says, this TV requires the mounting screws to be M8x32mm long IF you are using Samsung mount. I am not using Samsung mount, so I had to use additional washers and spring washers.

While the TV is very light, it is not thin, though. I was hoping it would be much thinner than it is, because our 70" Vizio TV is very thin. This is somewhat disappointing to me, but doesn't hurt my project.

Connecting to wireless network is as easy as any other digital device. It will scan and present you available wireless networks, and you choose one and provide necessary credentials. Once connected to the network, I was able to browse the Internet and utilize some of the smart features. By the way, the browser use requires patience as pointer is moved by the arrow keys on the remote and typing is done by navigating the on-screen keyboard using remote's arrow keys. The browser works fine for general Internet browsing, but I don't know what is its HTML compliance.

Picture quality is great and sound quality is fine for a 32" TV.

Now, my project:
As I mentioned, I wanted to use this TV in a vertical position and display photo slideshow. Before fabricating the vertical stand, I first wanted to see how it looks and how it plays photos vertically.
- Picture quality and viewing angle are quite good when the display is turned to vertical position
- Photos can be on your flash drive and the TV can display them in a slideshow. You can even choose random transitions and it does have many standard transitions. Nothing fancy, though. For example, no zooming and panning during slideshow.
- TV does NOT have a feature to turn the picture vertically (like a Windows computer does.) Your pictures must be vertical. So, I had to take my pictures to Photoshop and turn them 90 degrees and save. Not a big hassle, but I would have been ecstatic if TV had a feature to turn the picture.

After I was satisfied with what the TV can do, I went and bought the hardware and assembled to the TV. See the pictures I have posted. I am happy with the final effect. Family was happy too. I am anxious to see how friends will react during the next gathering at our home.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Soundpeats Universal Q800 Wireless Music A2dp Stereo Bluetooth Headset Universal Vibration Neckband Style Headset Earphone Headphone for Cellphones (black)
Offered by SoundPEATS Audio
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Soundpeats Blu Tooth Headset exceeded my expectations, July 21, 2015
This is the first time I am using any Bluetooth headset. I have used wired earphones with built-in mic and I was content and didn't need any Bluetooth devices. Also, I am hesitant to use most of the on-ear sticks. I was OK to try these Soundpeats headset as it could hide under my collar and I could avoid dangling and clumsy wires.

It also looked like the earbuds when stuck to the tips of the band, I could use them as external speakers. That would allow me to ride my bicycle safely. Right now, I use the phone's external speaker to play the music and place the phone in my jersey pocket while riding my bicycle. That'll work, but my music could be annoying for other people on the road. I don't like using earbuds while riding due to safety. If I could play music on my neck, I could solve both the problems using one device. Unfortunately that is not the case. While the volume produced by these earbuds is plenty for in-ear listening, but very low for external listening. I can only hear music in a quiet room, but not on the road. This is a bit disappointing, but that feature wasn't advertised, so I can't hold it against Soundpeats. Earbuds sit neatly in the magnetized ends of the band when not using the earbuds.

Manual claims 12h of talk time and 10h of music time. I have been using it for music and talk for for more than 10 hours without needing to recharge. I have been using for several days now, after charging only once. I am very happy with the batter life so far.

The device doesn't have any LCD screen. All notifications are via LED lights and sound prompts. All the notifications are now familiar to me after just a few days of use. I am also getting used to the buttons which should be operated without looking at them.

At first, I had problem in getting this device pairing with my phone. I charged the device completely and tried again and it paired in no time. I don't know why it refused to pair the first time. Phone and the headset have been working perfectly since then.

I wish the volume could be set to higher level. Other than that I have no other issues/complaints. Overall very happy and don't feel awkward to use it in public.

** I was provided a free sample in return for an unbiased review **

{Upgrade Brighter and Bigger} 240Lumens Max 12LED Outdoor Solar Lights Motion Sensor - Diamond Lampshade - SCREW/STICK IT - Wireless Exterior Security Solar Lighting For Patio Deck Yard Garden Home Driveway Stairs Outside Wall - 2 Modes (1, Silver)
Offered by Hallomall US Online
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hallomall solar powered motion sensing light works great, July 21, 2015
This is a wonderful product that is easy to install, fine looking, and works as expected. It is motion sensing and light sensing.

I have used two of similar products (Ivation 16 Bright LED Wireless Solar Powered Motion Sensor Outdoor Light - Weatherproof, No Batteries Required) in my front yard, which are still working fine. I wanted to use one in the back yard, so got this Hallomall light.

Installing it can be easy; hardware needed to mount it on concrete/brick is included. They also included double sided stickers that you could use if you don't want to drill the mounting surface. I don't know how well those stickers hold up, but they seemed to have strong glue. I mounted this on our plastic storage shed. I just used the top hole and mounted on to the shed's plastic roof using the supplied screw. It was done in just 5 minutes.

It charges during the day using sun light. Once it gets dark, the light comes on, but stays dim. When it senses motion, the light becomes bright. Motion should occur within about 3 meters from the device location. It'll wait for about 10 seconds and if no more motion, the light will go back to dim.

It comes with an on/off switch that is not easily accessible. It is hidden under a pin hole (like reset button on electronic devices) and should be operated using a pin which is supplied. It comes in off state. You should turn it on when you are ready to use the light.

I have had this for only one day and it worked well last night. I checked in the morning and the light was still bright. Happy with the product so far.

** Received a free sample in return for unbiased review **

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua 16GB Unlocked Cell Phone - Black (U.S. Warranty)
Sony Xperia M4 Aqua 16GB Unlocked Cell Phone - Black (U.S. Warranty)
Price: $299.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony Xperia M4 Aqua - First impressions are good, July 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been using this phone for only a few days so far. Here are my first impressions:

Hardware - It's a fairly thin and tall phone. The sides feel plasticky, which doesn't bother me personally, but may not feel good to others. The side bezels are small but the top and bottom bezels are quite large, which make the phone feel tall. The display to me is the perfect size, maybe a little on the bigger side. I have larger hands but I can type with one hand. The button placement feels inconvenient for the way I hold my phone - my thumb rests near the top of the right side. However, the power button is in the middle of the right side, which makes it hard to reach for me. It's in a good spot for left-handed people, who can press it with their middle finger. There are no on-screen buttons, which I'm happy about. The camera seems alright, but I don't take many pictures and am not an expert. The built in speakers are decent too, but I'd much rather use earphones, which are likely to provide a better sound. The display is brighter than I would've liked, even at its dimmest settings, and I'm sure that is the reason the battery life is not phenomenal. I've downloaded an app that can dim the screen so that I can use the phone at night and not be blinded. Unfortunately, since the screen is LCD, the app doesn't actually help conserve battery. The phone's back heats up quickly when charging, and sometimes when not charging but under heavy CPU load.

Software - I'm happy that Sony hasn't tried to drastically modify Android like other competitors have done. The Sony skin is unobtrusive and similar enough to the stock Android feel. There's also not a bunch of bloatware. The phone also has multi-user support, which I use to keep a guest account. Multitasking is not 100% smooth and flawless like some high end phones, but so far there have been no particularly annoying or concerning lags.

I am not going to test its water tolerance, but I sincerely hope that it does much better than my son's previous two phones as they died after water "encounter."

Smatree® SmaPole Y2 Telescoping Pole / Monopod(17.5″ to 48.5″)+ 1/4″Tripod Mount Adapter+ Folding 3 Leg Support Stand for GoPro Hero 4 3+ 3 2 1 HD / SJCAM Cameras /Cell Phones, With Detachable Cradle/ClipCase for WiFi Remote Controller, Cell Phones Holder for iPhone, Samsung, Moto LG, Htc, Nokia, Blackberry etc
Offered by Kumu World
Price: $25.99
2 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Smatree SmaPole is really a multifunctional monopod, July 13, 2015
I have been looking for a monopod for quite some time, but never made a purchase. This is a very light and compact telescoping monopod. It is marketed as a GoPro pole, but you can use it for mobile phones, compact cameras, and a full sized (SLR/DSLR) cameras. There is a standard screw on top for fastening into the bottom of the camera. It comes with all accessories/components to hold a phone or camera.

1. It has a soft grip at the end, so it can be used as a selfie stick
2. It has everything needed to use it as a monopod
3. When attached to the tripod piece, it can become a tripod

It has a chrome plated piece at the tip (see the photo I have uploaded) so you can use it as a mirror for framing the shot. I think that was a great idea.

The only problem I observed was when the product is used as a tripod with fully extended pole under a full sized camera, the stick sways for quite a few seconds. So, you have to remember to stabilize the camera before taking the picture. Secondly, when using the tripod, the surface has to be uniform and level. You can't use it in the field especially if it is even breezy.

Very happy with the product so far.

** Received a free sample for unbiased review **

Offered by Perfecto Gifts
Price: $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Colore Chalk Markers work great and children go crazy with it, July 13, 2015
First time users:
- They appear like they dried out and won't write. That is not the case; read the instructions on the pen. You have to prime them before first use.
- Not for use on porous surfaces. Works great on glass and mirrors.

These chalk markers work wonderfully. Alternative to using these markers, you could wet regular chalk pieces and write on mirrors/glass. However, they are not as convenient and easy to use. You could scratch the surface with regular chalk pieces. These markers produce solid and clean lines that are extremely easy to wipe off.

Our children just enjoy writing on glass with these markers. I hope there is enough chalk in it to last for some time. Colors are bright and attractive. The container is soft and bright as well. We really love these markers.

** Received a free sample in exchange for the review **

Colore Brilliant White Liquid Chalk Markers - 6mm Bullet & Chisel Tip - 2 Pack
Colore Brilliant White Liquid Chalk Markers - 6mm Bullet & Chisel Tip - 2 Pack
Offered by Perfecto Gifts
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Colore white chalk markers work great on mirrors, July 13, 2015
These chalk markers work wonderfully. We have used their color markers in the past and are very satisfied, so I wanted to get these white chalks for writing on mirrors and glass. Colore Chalk Markers - Best Use On Non Porous Surface - FREE Pen Holder - 6mm Reversible Tip - 8 Pack Vibrant Colors

First time use requires rupturing "ink" container and waiting a few seconds for the felt tip to soak. Then, you can write all you want.

Our children just enjoy writing on glass with these markers. I hope there is enough chalk in it to last for some time. Definitely recommend it.

** Received a free sample in exchange for the review **