Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for BW & ABAP > Reviews

Browse

BW & ABAP's Profile

Customer Reviews: 490

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BW & ABAP RSS Feed (Missouri City, TX USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sleep Master Ultima® Comfort 10 Inch Pillow Top Spring Mattress, Full
Sleep Master Ultima® Comfort 10 Inch Pillow Top Spring Mattress, Full
Price: $187.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleep Master Pillow Top Mattress is quite good, June 18, 2016
Length:: 1:19 Mins

These are first impressions; we haven't used this mattress for very long. The appearance and fabric quality exceeded my expectation. This is the first time we are using a pillow top mattress in our house.

Like any full size mattress, you will need a strong person to fully set it up. I suggest two people (even if one of them is teenager) so it can be handled properly. Once installed, it looks really luxurious and expensive.

It arrived rolled up and vacuum packed. Memory foam mattresses are normally shipped like that; all compressed and air removed so it can be shipped in a compact cardboard box. Once setup, it sucks up air and restores to normal size and shape. It took me and my son about 30 minutes to set it up in the upstairs bed room which included unpacking and removal of existing mattress.

As you can see in the photos I have uploaded, it is packed very well for shipping. You will be left with a lot of packing fabric and a huge thick plastic bag that you can reuse for whatever purpose you can think of.

So far we are very happy with this mattress and would recommend it.

Dirt Devil SD21000 Vac+Dust Corded Bagless Vacuum with Swipes Microfiber Scrubbing Pad
Price: $39.96
8 used & new from $29.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Dirt Devil Vac+Dust is satisfactory, June 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are my first impressions after using it a few times. We are satisfied with this Vac+Dust. This is not a full-fledged vacuum cleaner. Other reviewers seemed to have problem with the device's performance, but our expectation was to use it in place of Swiffer and our experience has been good. We use it primarily on the wood floor.

+ Bagless
+ Washable filter
+ Wash and reuse dust mop with microfiber fabric
+ Cord is long enough for covering large areas
+ No assembly required (even though the 1 poster sized manual has instructions for assembling!)
+ Corded - so no need to be weary of battery running out of energy

- Description claims sideboard cleaning, but we didn't see effective cleaning of sideboards
- Manipulating (maneuvering) the vac is kind of hard and awkward
- Wash and reuse mop can be considered a negative if you don't mind buying disposable Swiffer cloths
- With the first use, the red lining on the pad started fraying in a couple of places. I cut them off and it is holding up for now.
- Even though corded (meaning no battery), it is not much lighter. May be a bigger motor, but then the suction power doesn't demonstrate that.

Overall, we are happy with this product even though it did not exceed our expectations.

Pure Protein PLUS Apple Pie, 60 gram, 6 count
Pure Protein PLUS Apple Pie, 60 gram, 6 count
Offered by Dietary Depot®
Price: $14.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Protein PLUS Apple Pie bars are delicious, June 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We do buy a lot of protein bars for our teenagers. We used to buy Snickers Marathon brand protein bars, but they are very hard to find these days in local grocery stores. Our current staple brand is Pure Protein, but this is the first time I have seen Apple Pie variety.

Our children are ecstatic with this product. According to them, "it tastes great, nothing like a typical protein bar, and feels just like eating a Nutrigrain cereal bar." I have tasted it and I agree with my children for the most part.

We will certainly buy these, but only after the price comes down to affordable level. (Currently it is at 16+ for a box of 6 bars.)

Sunlite PAR38/LED/17.5W/FL40/DIM/ES/30K LED 3000K PAR38 17.5W 85W Replacement 120V Medium Base PAR38 HE Series Reflector with Dimmable Energy Star Light Bulb, Warm White
Price: $22.50
3 used & new from $22.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Sunlite LED light bulb works very well, but doesn't fit in ceiling receptacle, June 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our intended purpose for getting this light bulb is to replace the bulb that is over the kitchen sink. Unfortunately this bulb is so wide that it doesn't fit in the ceiling receptacle of the recessed light. Everything is fine, except the diameter of the front surface.

I am now using this lamp in the front yard outdoor wall mounted light fixture. It has been there for several weeks now, glowing all night long every night. It is working very well and produces a beam of focused light.

We are very happy with the light so far, but I really wish it was designed for use in the ceiling receptacle.

D-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1620)
D-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1620)
Offered by Mobile Best Sellers
Price: $79.93
47 used & new from $69.00

4.0 out of 5 stars D-Link AC1200 works fine, but external antennae seem to be useless, May 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I currently use D-Link DAP-1520 WiFi extender. It is smaller and doesn't have rabbit ears like AC1200. I got this AC1200 extender thinking that because of the external antennae the reception and throughput would be better. Unfortunately, that is not so.

WiFi coverage from AC1200 is identical to DAP-1520 (as far as I can tell using only the mobile phone's icon.) I am a bit disappointed by this because a newer, bigger device with external antennae should work better. Anyway, it works as advertised and it is easy to setup.

One good thing about AC1200 is that the SSIDs can be changed! By default, the system offers two SSIDs: <your main network SSID>-EXT and <your main network SSID>-EXT5G. My existing extender also uses the same SSID naming convention. So, I changed the SSID names of AC1200 and I am using it in the opposite corner upstairs. So we now have better overall coverage and I happy about that.

AC1200 works just as advertised and it is reliable so far. So, I recommend it.

DII Breathable Non-Woven Garment Bag For Traveling, Storing, And Protecting Suits, Formal Wear, & Other Apparel, Holds Multiple Pieces, 22.5x36x7" Set of 2 - Damask
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars DII Garment bags are OK and useful, April 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These garment storage bags are better looking than the clear plastic bags I bought several years ago, protect garments better, but much more expensive.

- Opaque with a small clear window on the side so you can see what are inside the bag without having to open, but not completely clear, so there is some privacy if needed.
- There is a zipper on one side of the bag that runs full length. I feel that the zipper is of poor quality and may not last long. If the zipper does fail, then the whole bag is useless because dust can easily enter the bag.
- The top of the bag (where hanger hooks come out) has Velcro cover. That is a well thought-out design and prevents dust from falling in.
- Bag material seems flimsy, but should be fine to store clothes in the closet. If you use the bags to carry your garments for travel, it may not last long.
- The subtle design on the bag fabric gives it visual appeal and doesn't look cheap.
- Bags are large enough to hold garments of even big-and-tall.
- 7" thickness should allow for at least 10 sweaters or 20 shirts depending on the hanger thickness.

These bags are really useful for valuable garments, but I will continue to use my clear garment bags for storing regular items.

Franklin Sports Aquaticz 1 Hole Ball Toss
Franklin Sports Aquaticz 1 Hole Ball Toss
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Franklin Sports Ball Toss is playable but disappointing, April 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Pros:
1) Easy to assemble
2) Materials used are of good quality

Cons:
1) The fabric doesn't stay taut as shown in their image. Look at the picture I have uploaded; how much every I tighten the Velcro, the fabric quickly becomes sloppy. That causes the ball to go in the hole even if it falls outside the hole.
2) Balls are rubber balls, not beanbag balls. This causes the ball to roll away or bounce away when playing on the ground. I wish they were floating beanbag balls so they stay where they first hit and not roll away.

It is not so bad that it is unplayable. We have made our own rules to play with it with all its cons:
1 Point - if the ball hits the fabric or frame, but does not fall into the hole
2 Points - if the ball hits the fabric first and then rolls into the hole
3 Points - if the balls straight into the hole
0 Points - if the ball misses the "board" entirely

We also take turns to guard the runaway balls.
Comment Comment | Permalink

KIND Breakfast Bars, Blueberry Almond, Gluten Free, 1.8 Ounce, 32 Count
KIND Breakfast Bars, Blueberry Almond, Gluten Free, 1.8 Ounce, 32 Count
Price: $28.72

4.0 out of 5 stars KIND blueberry almond bars are chewy and very filling, April 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These bars are surprisingly filling. Each wrapper contains two small bars. If you are not eating for breakfast, then one bar is enough to suppress a quick hunger until the next meal.

I like that the bars are not too sweet. I don't like that there isn't much blueberry or almond in it. Blueberry is 10th item in the ingredients list and almond is even farther in the list.

I like the taste of the bars and everyone in my family also liked it, but it wasn't the best product we've ever tried. Considering the healthful ingredients and if you are gluten intolerant that resists GMO products, then you might like these bars better than we did.

Smith Performance Sprayers R300 3 gallon Sprayer for Pros Applying Weed Killers, Insecticides & Fertilizers
Price: $64.99
3 used & new from $56.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Smith R300 sprayer is quite good and easy to use, March 31, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Sprayers I have used thus far are Roundup for weed control on our patio, MiracleGro fertilizer sprayer, and Ortho connect-to-hose for fertilizer and weed control. Obviously these are all homeowner variety, not commercial or contractor grade. Miracle Gro quit working after couple of uses. Ortho has been going strong so far and Round up is in between the two in terms of satisfaction.

I'm a homeowner and plan to use this sprayer for applying compost tea, fish emulsion, MiracleGro, and some Bt/pesticides perhaps when needed.

Quality of parts: 5 stars (heavy plastic container, metal wand)
Ease of pumping: 5 stars (just a few strokes, and you're set to spray)
Ease of mobility: 4 stars (straps could've been padded for comfort since it's a 3gal sprayer)
Nozzle variety: 4.5 stars (more variety than I need). My favorites are yellow low-volume nozzle and foaming nozzle. Wish the high and low volume nozzles had their own nut/assembly without having to change up.
Ease of storage: 4 stars. Sleek and requires less real estate, but the wand could use a better clip to hold on. There's a sweet spot to get it to hold on AND keep the nozzle end in the tray at the bottom (which is neat by the way).

I think it would be a great helper in a greenhouse to keep the plants aptly moist.

Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver Cubic Zirconia Bracelet, 7.25"
Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver Cubic Zirconia Bracelet, 7.25"
Price: $39.41

4.0 out of 5 stars The bracelet is quite good, but the metal is dominant than stones, March 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a well made and good looking bracelet. It looks just like the picture on Amazon product page, but not quite attractive as the photo.

Both my wife and I were a little disappointed when we opened the box. We found that the rhodium plated sterling silver is more dominant on the bracelet than the stones. I think the bracelet would be more appealing if the metal parts didn't have pyramids on top.

The bracelet has one of those clasps where you first have to insert one end (tongue) into the recess of the other end and then lock them using a hinged lock. It is very secure, but hard to put on with one hand unless you do that very often.

Overall we think it is a good bracelet with good quality.
Comment Comment | Permalink