Profile for rainbow glo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

rainbow glo "Gloria" RSS Feed (Wisconsin, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
iLLumiShield - LG G2 Screen Protector Japanese Ultra Clear HD Film with Anti-Bubble and Anti-Fingerprint - High Quality (Invisible) LCD Shield - Lifetime Replacement Warranty - [3-Pack] OEM / Retail Packaging
Offered by Talkie Tech, Inc.
Price: $6.95
2 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars We've tried a few different screen protectors, but this one was better than the rest!, April 11, 2014
Normally I wouldn't think of writing a review for a product like this, but as we've tried other brands before getting these recently, Illumishield is amazingly much better.

They were easier to apply, they fit the phones better, and they have better longevity. They stay clear longer and seem to resist fingerprinting and scratching. Others look scuffed within a couple of weeks.

As my husband and I have different cell phones, we received 2 packages that were in all ways identical, so if I had any complaint at all, I wish they would indicate which was which on the outer package somewhere.

Danco Perfect Match 80605 Sterling Cartridge Assembly
Danco Perfect Match 80605 Sterling Cartridge Assembly

5.0 out of 5 stars Only the right part will fix the older leaky tub/shower faucet!, December 4, 2013
Another name for this is a tub/shower faucet repair kit!

I wanted to write a review in case anyone else finds themselves in the same predicament, as there is little information available online to troubleshoot some of these older leaking tub/shower faucets. We found through trial and error, nothing you can do will fix the leak without replacing this cartridge, complete with it's special grooved o-rings. Your cartridge may look perfectly fine, the o-rings intact, but the wear is there that caused the leak.

It's very much worth the trouble to figure out how to do this fix, the money saved could be used on more worthy pursuits!

The process to fix it is pretty much the same for many brands of the older tub/showers, there are a few YouTube demos, and if your cartridge is hard to identify brand-wise, do a search in Google Images, that's where I found more info about this one, once I identified comparable brands.

And you're better off getting your part or parts this way, they had this at Lowe's for $41 and change, so where you buy means an awful lot! Bottom line, no more leak, and the entire out-of-pocket expense came to just over $21.

G-Technology G-DRIVE 2TB External Hard Drive w/ eSATA, USB 2.0, Firewire 400, Firewire 800 Interfaces 0G00203
7 used & new from $118.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the BEST time to review a product like this, BUT...., May 2, 2013
The best time to review an external HD is really after about 3 years, because in my experience, any HD I've ever owned rarely remains functioning in good order after that time period. I've only owned this 2TB G-Drive since February 2013. So come back in 3 years and I'll tell you how good it REALLY is or isn't. ;-)

HOWEVER, since I've burned through a few of these puppies over the last several years, (trying different brands like Western Digital and LaCie), out-of-the-box, this G-Drive has reasons to rise above most of what's out there.

Firstly, I appreciate the solid metal construction, and the smart design of this unit, with open space underneath for heat to escape, is a definite plus.

Another big plus, is the assortment of cables that comes with it, which allows you a number of different ways to configure your memory storage. As I have a mixture of old and new components and an older computer, this factor, along with the selection of interface ports, were big reasons for me to choose this particular model.

Yes, the light on it is bright and blinky, but I don't find it a bother whatsoever.

Plug and play, ease of use: I can only say, so far, so good, and I can't come up with a bad word to say about it. Only time will tell just HOW much better it is than what I've purchased before.

32 inch Folding EZ Reacher with SAF-T-Lok
32 inch Folding EZ Reacher with SAF-T-Lok
Offered by The Wright Stuff, Inc.
Price: $21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars All reacher/grabbers are NOT created equal!, September 17, 2011
I'm extremely short, but I live in a much taller world! :-)

I first got this following a shoulder surgery, so for several months, it allowed me to reach areas in ways that wouldn't have been possible without it, and it was also usable for picking up things when reaching for anything in general was a problem.

Shelves are always arranged in grocery stores so that there are at least one or two shelves beyond MOST people's reach (especially when items are only on the rear of a shelf), and all my life I have tapped this person or that person to help me reach the occasional odd item that is way out of my reach, which is embarrassing. MOST of the time, I would just not get the item, and in my opinion, every aisle of every store with high or deep shelves should provide one of these for their customers to use, because in the long run, it would sell more!

I'd seen ads on TV for these kinds of things, but as I started to do research on them, I was surprised how many kinds are available, but also, I found out that most of them are flimsy, or at the least, had inadequate mechanisms for grasping larger or heavier objects. This also has a very dependable lock/release, which is VERY important, because otherwise you could end up having a heavy object drop on you from above.

This one is built to last, and I am able to pick up anything from soup or juice cans to large boxes of cereal, and with some care, you can maneuver objects to where you CAN reach them, even when they are too heavy or large for the device.

This was also one of the few available that could fold, that was a major selling point for me.

Since I got this, I haven't had to say no to anything from the top shelves, and I use it at least every other grocery store trip, so it's made a small but irritating part of my life a LOT easier to deal with.

Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter
Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter
Price: $14.99
37 used & new from $13.60

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING gadget!, September 17, 2011
I only have ONE warning about this charcoal starter, and that is, YOU WILL BE SORRY... that you didn't get one sooner!

I don't know how we missed this, as it seems to have been around for a while, but what a wonderful idea that completely eliminates the need for starter fluid or electric starters! I have to admit, I was skeptical that it would work as well as everyone says it does, but I just can't get over how fast the coals are ready. What an ingenious, yet basic and simple device!

No more long waiting, no more fluid odors/flavors infiltrating what we ingest!

I do recommend that you empty the contents into your grill BEFORE they are completely ashed over, which for us is about 10-12 minutes after the match is set.

If you aren't sure how to use it, there are YouTube video tutorials that show you how, since there aren't any real instructions that come with it.

Also, be advised, it is VERY hot to handle when the coals are ready.

Buy this fine Weber product with full confidence, you WILL love it!

Wald 535 Rear Twin Bicycle Carrier Basket (18 x 7.5 x 12)
Wald 535 Rear Twin Bicycle Carrier Basket (18 x 7.5 x 12)
Price: $46.61
10 used & new from $38.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, heavy duty construction, September 17, 2011
Got these for my husband, installation was fairly easy, and he didn't have to customize anything to make them work. He added them to a 26" Schwinn Landmark bike that he motorized, so any weight added because of the baskets and whatever he puts in them overall isn't much of an issue. The weight of them is something to consider, however, if your bicycle is most valued for it's light weight and/or speed, without having a motor.

He had no extra parts left over, and he feels the friction nuts were a wise choice for an assembly like this that needs to hold up under a lot of vibration.

No real instructions included as has been noted, just a partial diagram of where it attaches behind the seat, but if you're a little handy, and don't have a highly specialized kind of bike, this should pose no problem. Why including some decent instructions IS a problem, we have no idea.

These baskets are up to the task, and will handle just about anything you can put in them. They are all in one piece and shipped that way, very well-made, and should last for many years. He doesn't recommend using them on a bike smaller than 24" and it follows logic that you should be somewhat cautious about balancing the load when carrying extra-heavy objects.

Overall, highly recommended!

A MOODY BLUE AFFAIR- THE POETIC MEMOIRS OF ROSE MARIE BLAKE- "-AN UNTOLD STORY-"

1.0 out of 5 stars I Question The Wisdom...., August 11, 2011
I question the wisdom of releasing these private writings to the public without the knowledge of the original author, who is no longer with us. How can anyone know how she would feel about this?

And maybe more importantly, does Mr. Burrell even consider the impact that this could have on Justin's family, who are very much alive??? This is just one more person trying to make money off celebrity, no matter who can be hurt by their actions.

It doesn't matter if it's true or not, the end result is the same! These are private thoughts and words that should have remained private.

NOTE: I replaced this review in here because of the incorrect accusations coming from Mr. Burrell and 'poeticjustice' since Bill was confusing me with someone else. I attacked NO ONE, I only was attacked by poeticjustice. I have, however defended myself somewhat, but now this is enough. I will take no more abuse from anyone.

I also should add, it's written in that book that Rose died "alone and alienated by her family with not so much as a caring soul to write her obituary."

That's not true. There WAS INDEED a caring obituary written and published.

Fleet Foxes
Fleet Foxes
Price: $26.40
27 used & new from $3.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Fleet Foxes' CD just makes me want more!, November 30, 2009
This review is from: Fleet Foxes (Audio CD)
I missed the Fleet Foxes debut on the various talk shows and Saturday Night Live as they were introduced to the world, and only came across them as they were recommended by a fellow fan of the Moody Blues. They don't sound like the Moody Blues, but they have a similar progressive folk-rock sound, with absolutely dynamite harmonies the caliber of which is rarely seen outside of a Crosby, Stills and Nash or the Beach Boys, and they are THAT good as well.

Check them out on YouTube, if you haven't seen them perform; they are just as good on the stage as they are in the studio, which just amazes me, since the 4-part harmony vocals demand that each plays their part to near perfection, and the resulting magnificence is as dramatic and awe-inspiring as if performed in an acoustic-perfect cathedral. The dynamics of this music sends a chill down my spine, and moves me in ways any band seldom can!

Where they remind me of the Moody Blues is more in the experimental aspect of the music; the unique instrumentation has that same feel of finding just the right tool to construct a particular desired effect. Fleet Foxes hit me as refreshing and new and yet strangely familiar, and the style fits in just as well if it had come from the 70's or today, with even some nods towards the Renaissance-era. I hear so many recognizable influences, and still the whole becomes something completely unique, a greater sum of it's parts than each individuals' contributions.

I'm sure their fans are wondering as I am, when that next CD will be coming forth, but I'm more than happy to wait until they've been able to assemble a follow-up that meets the incredibly high standards of this first effort. I'm sure looking forward to it, and hopefully at some point they can give us a nice concert DVD as well, or better yet, I hope to see them tour in my area at some point. This music ranks right up there with my most favorite artists, and yet Fleet Foxes earned that spot with just a single album! But WHAT an album that is! This is a MUST have! And getting this version with the bonus tracks allows you to get most of what was on their other mini-release, so this becomes the current essential FF offering as it's nearly their entire catalog.

Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970
Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970
Price: $11.99
43 used & new from $4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The waiting is finally OVER!!!!, September 30, 2008
As a die-hard Moody Blues fan, I represent a large number of fans that have waited many years for this release. Moreover, the DVD soon to come represents an extremely rare look at this band in it's 'dream era' of the original 5 members, who helped shape the course of Progressive Rock with their first seven ground-breaking albums.

This was in no way a perfect performance from the Moodies, but it's easy to overlook that for the gems contained herein. In 1970, 600,000 people at the Isle Of Wight witnessed the largest rock festival in history, and this band could hold their heads high with other established 'Monsters Of Rock,' like Jimi Hendrix, the Doors, Ten Years After, Jethro Tull, the Who, and Emerson Lake & Palmer, just to name a few that performed at that amazing 3-day epic event.

Highlights for me are songs like the tender "Never Comes The Day," a song so sweeping and cross-generational in it's beauty that as a teenager, even my mother was drawn to this band! Melancholy Man, is as well, a bittersweet, insightful glimpse into the mind of Mike Pinder, who has always served to mirror my own angst in a world that has so much beauty and tragedy side by side. Despite it's morose tone, it's truly a song of hope. Ray Thomas' "Legend of a Mind" is an especially strong version, and as an ode to friend Timothy Leary, is also a testiment to the power of Ray's amazing voice.

But my favorite part, what many refer to as the "Are You Sitting Comfortably" suite, is the showcase of a Moody show in this time period. It likens to a dream sequence in it's panoramic display of drama and majesty. For anyone who, in their youth, has spent quality time lying on a bed with their heads between two stereo speakers, perhaps with colorful lights and incense abounding, this is a prime remembrance of floating away with the music. As the lead song segues into Graeme's poem, "The Dream" and further into Mike's "Have You Heard" you have the epitome of the Moody Blues sound, the eerie orchestral strains of the mellotron taking you on a quite pleasant journey into inner space. You can't listen to it all without feeling like, on some level, you'd been there at Afton Down, mellowing out with a few hundred thousand of your closest friends!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2009 9:09 AM PST

C2G / Cables to Go 40324 3-Play Component Video and TOSLINK Digital Audio High Performance Selector Switch (Black)
Offered by A - Link Systems
Price: $61.40
19 used & new from $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This one is the best device for the job, March 25, 2008
I looked at a lot of different devices and read a lot of reviews before I found this switcher, but this one has a remote that changes to the input of your choice, and has indicator lights so you can see which one is currently in use, and these 2 factors contributed heavily to the choice. In a multiple component situation such as what we have, we needed to be able to have more optical ports than our surround system offered in order to have digital TV, video gaming, and 2 other DVD players provide surround sound.

This unit was exactly what we needed, and has no moving parts like other switchers that are less expensive and prone to more wear and tear. It's better look and solid metal chassis blow away the alternatives and has potential for long-term reliability. After 4 months of use, I am still convinced it is the best device for the job, at the best price for good quality.

Page: 1 | 2