Profile for bob23 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

bob23 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
SanDisk Cruzer 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive, Frustration-Free Packaging- SDCZ36-016G-AFFP
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $8.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enougb for me. I wasn't looking for a speed demon, February 16, 2014
I noticed that others talk about the speed of these drives. I don't much care about speed, so if speed if your thing, you may not care about my opinion. I just needed another working drive, and the Cruzer met my need. Worked fine going on several months. At the non-working end, it has a tiny key ring connector that is so small that I couldn't find any way to use it. That's the reason for the downgrade. It's just a poor design. I would have liked to attach an O-ring to it, but none will fit.

The Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook: Recipes for the Best Pan in Your Kitchen
The Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook: Recipes for the Best Pan in Your Kitchen
by Sharon Kramis
72 used & new from $4.61

3.0 out of 5 stars Seemed better than the other available cast iron cookbooks, February 16, 2014
The book is okay, but I'm not enthused about it. It covers the basics adequately. I didn't find much of interest among the recipes, but that's a very personal judgment. Your mileage may vary.

Sony VAIO SVL24145CXB 24-Inch All-in-One Desktop
Sony VAIO SVL24145CXB 24-Inch All-in-One Desktop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, February 16, 2014
I spent several months with the computer before writing this review. It's hard to sort out the different elements. I upgraded from an eight year old DelI, so any new machine would be faster I got a much bigger screen. I changed from XP to Windows 8 and then 8.1. I did not like Windows 8 much, but 8.1 is okay if you book to the desktop. That made it okay for me, and there are some nice features in 8.1. I've seen all the complaints about the lack of a Start button, but I never used it on XP. I've been able to run the machine without setting up a Microsoft account. I just haven't found a reason to do so. That's another operating system (not computer) issue.

The computer has been just fine. The screen is bright, and photos look spectacular (even mediocre photos). Sound is fine. DVD works, although it still isn't clear to me if the machine came with DVD software. It was easy enough to download something. I still haven't tested the TV tuner. USB 3.0 ports are fast, although I had great difficulty using two of the three ports. I couldn't plug a thumb drive in them, although it fit in the first port. I finally gently pushed the ports a bit with a screwdriver, and that probably aligned the ports with the opening on the side of the screen better. It's a very tight fit with no margin for error. All ports work now.

Downsides? Too much crapware, but the programs I haven't removed are easy to ignore since I don't see the tile interface of Win 8. I don't especially love the keyboard. It's a bit too small. The mouse is just okay. Both are easily replaced, and I'm still pondering whether to return to my previous keyboard. Sony could have provided a bit more help. It took me a while to figure out what the VAIO keyboard button does, and I'm still not sure I understand the ASSIST buttom (on the left side of the screen). Finding help isn't that easy. But the computer has run so well that I haven't needed any help.

None of these problems is major. I can't quite bring myself to downgrade the Sony to four stars because I am very happy with the computer overall.

Pickwick Lemon 20 tea bags, 1.50-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6)
Pickwick Lemon 20 tea bags, 1.50-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6)
Price: $19.86
4 used & new from $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lemon. Lemon. Lemon., December 27, 2013
And for once, being a lemon isn't bad. If you like lemon, this is the tea for you. The lemon may be a bit overwhelming, but that's what you are buying. And while I did get a note saying that my order would be delayed, it came in less than two weeks.

Canon PG-210XL /CL-211XL Color Ink Cartridge Combo Pack-Black
Canon PG-210XL /CL-211XL Color Ink Cartridge Combo Pack-Black
Offered by Smart Toners
Price: $49.49
5 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars They work. What's else can you say about a printer cartridge?, December 27, 2013
Actually, there is something to say. They are too expensive. But we all knew that coming in. I don't have a reason to try refilled cartridges as I don't do that much printing, and the reviews of alternatives for Canon printers are not favorable.

Seagate Expansion 2TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STBV2000100)
Seagate Expansion 2TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STBV2000100)
Price: Click here to see our price
97 used & new from $73.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Bulletproof so far, December 27, 2013
I've been using the drive for a couple of weeks. It worked like a charm right out of the box. The only hiccup was that I had to find and download software so that I could control the shutoff. It seemed to power down after use without the software, but I felt better when I could be sure. The software is readily available from Seagate's website. The newer drives are smaller and neater, but they are also more expensive. I just want it to sit on a desk. If you have need for a portable drive, this may not be what you want. It's a little heavy and clunky to carry around, although it wouldn't be hard to take it with you (although you need a power cord and a USB cord). This one is fine for a stationary function.

Philips HF3500/60 Wake-Up Light
Philips HF3500/60 Wake-Up Light
Price: $69.56
22 used & new from $64.04

4.0 out of 5 stars A pretty good clock, December 27, 2013
This clock does what it promised to do. It isn't hard to use. It sits nicely on a flat surface. The light is adjustable. We've run through several sunrise-type clocks, and this one works fine at a not unreasonable price. Others complain that there is no battery backup, and that is true. However, electricity in our area is not prone to outage, so that wasn't much of a factor.

Ultra II 2GB SD Card
Ultra II 2GB SD Card
Offered by BoBotechnic
Price: $14.88

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked, December 27, 2013
I slipped this puppy into a GPS that needed more memory, and it worked like a charm. All that I could ask for.

SanDisk Ultra Compact Flash 2GB Card (SDCFH-002G-A11) (Retail Package)
SanDisk Ultra Compact Flash 2GB Card (SDCFH-002G-A11) (Retail Package)
Offered by Cajungals
Price: $41.25
10 used & new from $18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked, December 27, 2013
There's not much to say about these cards. I didn't test speeds because it didn't matter for the application. The card worked and kept working. That's all I needed.

i-Blason Prime Series Dual Layer Holster Case Kick Stand Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV S IV i9500 with Locking Belt Swivel Clip Manufactured by i-Blason (Purple)
Offered by i-BLASON
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $11.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, December 27, 2013
I bought this for my wife, who used it for a few weeks and moved on to another case. This one just wan't sturdy enough somehow to suit her. It wasn't a terrible case, and it didn't have any great flaws. It just didn't work for her. YMMV.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3