Profile for B. Reiser > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Reiser RSS Feed (Salt Lake City, UT USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Scent-Sation Charmeuse Satin 4-Piece Sheet Set, Queen, French Blue
Scent-Sation Charmeuse Satin 4-Piece Sheet Set, Queen, French Blue
Price: $24.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 25, 2014
Great if you love satin. Bought these for our bed, my wife said she liked them as well.

Sports Illustrated Baseball's Greatest
Sports Illustrated Baseball's Greatest
by Editors of Sports Illustrated
Price: $25.04
58 used & new from $11.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Could've been better, December 26, 2013
As with the Football's Greatest book, I feel like they could have done a better job with this book. Two major problems keep me from loving this book. First, there are only 7 panelists who decided these top 10 lists and all of them are sports writers. There is no input from coaches, managers and/or players. I'm sure the lists would be not only different but would be more true if there had been more opinions from others who know the game as well as these writers. I would've liked to see at least 50 opinions or so when the voting took place. That way if one of the voters/panelists has a very strong opinion about one player a the others generally rank that same player in the same place, the one whose vote skews the data is minimized when there are more than 7 votes. I think it would have been better with more input from others, especially former managers and players who were on the field and know who was better.

My second problem is that the lists and the info on each player listed greatly lacks statistics. I can understand that in the football book statistics are less important, but baseball statistics is a huge part of the game itself and in the baseball's greatest book there a little statistics. I can't speak for all baseball fans, but stats seem to me to be very important to us fans, whether we use them to compare players, prove a player's worth or memorize them to remember the greats, the stats go hand in hand with the game. Thus, I would have liked to see more players statistics on each page, not just someone telling me why they think why they were so great.

As for the lists I wanted to throw out my two cents: 1B - Johnny Mize underrated (missed three prime years of his career to war or else his stats would have been phenomenal), Mark McGwire overrated (not only because he took steroids, but because he barely had 1600 career hits), Jeff Bagwell underrated. 2B - Joe Morgan overrated (really only had 6 great years, the other years of he career are average at best), Roberto Alomar underrated. SS - ARod underrated (should be higher as a SS unless he is being lowered on the list due to steroid use, which they don't specify), Omar Vizquel vastly underrated (he is basically Ozzie Smith 15 years later, if his career had been from '75-'95 he'd be about 5th on the list behind Smith. Not his fault he was overlooked because he played in the steroid era), Robin Yount overrated. C - Josh Gibson underrated (probably better than Bench, although thanks to segregation we will never know). LF - Lou Brock overrated, Tim Raines underrated. RF - Ichiro underrated (especially if you consider the work he did in Japan before coming to MLB). RHP - Satchel Paige underrated (even if half the stories about him and his pitching are true he is one of the top 10 if not top 5 greatest pitchers of all time). LHP - Randy Johnson underrated (best lefty ever in my opinion)

Sports Illustrated the Baseball Book
Sports Illustrated the Baseball Book
by Editors of Sports Illustrated
Price: $21.65
169 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT For any Baseball Fan, April 7, 2013
This is a great book to own for any baseball fan. There is a lot of info, stories and pictures about the game of baseball and the great players that have played the game. I love that the book is broken down decade by decade and have all-decade teams. I would recommend this book to any baseball fan. A must have for the baseball junkie.

When In Rome
When In Rome
DVD ~ Kristen Bell
Offered by MILA TECHNOLOGIES
Price: $6.50
108 used & new from $0.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good romantic comedy, April 7, 2013
This review is from: When In Rome (DVD)
My wife and I love this movie. It is a funny romantic comedy and there are lots of laughs in this movie. Highly recommended from me.

The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)
DVD ~ Georgie Henley
Offered by Shopcents
Price: $15.25
31 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Adaptation of Book, April 7, 2013
I love C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia series and I was very excited when this movie came out. I was even more excited that they were true to the book and adds very little to the movie story line. I understand movies need to change a few things to make the visual story line move along, but the producer of this movie didn't see a need to do that and the movie follows the book almost 100%. It is by far the closest to the book as compared to the other Narnia movies that have been produced (Prince Caspian, which followed about 85% of the book, and Voyage of the Dawn Treader, which followed about 60% of the book). I hope for future Narnia movies they get back to trying to stay closer to the book story lines which I believe most fans of the series would like to see. Maybe that is why this is my favorite movie of all the Narnia movies so far.

Mayfair The Settlers of Catan Board Game
Mayfair The Settlers of Catan Board Game
Offered by Gift Products
Price: $99.99
10 used & new from $31.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Our favorite new game, April 7, 2013
My wife and I discovered this game a few years back when playing games with friends and we really enjoy it. It takes the general idea of a game like RIsk and adds different strategies to it to make it more complex and challenging. That being said it does not take a lot of brain power to play this game, but it does make you think to figure out how and where you are going to build and what things you have to focus on to win. A normal game of 4 players takes about an hour to an hour and a half to play. If we finish a game in an hour or so we will often reset the board and play again because it is so fun.

Bring Him Home (From "Les Miserables")
Bring Him Home (From "Les Miserables")
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Alfie Boe is Amazing, April 7, 2013
I discovered Alfie Boe with the Les Mis 25th Anniversary in Concert DVD that was recently released and I was blown away. His voice is just amazing and he does such justice to this song and to the Valjean character. He is top notch and I look forward to seeing him in concert some day if I am so lucky.

Baby Mama
Baby Mama
DVD ~ Tina Fey
Price: $7.49
290 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, April 7, 2013
This review is from: Baby Mama (DVD)
One of my favorite comedies of all time. My wife and I watched it just after we had our first child and we laughed our heads off. Any time we have a child (our fourth is on the way) we pull this out to remind ourselves of the hilarious ride that is having a child. I would recommend this for anyone looking for a good laugh.

I See The Light
I See The Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful song, April 7, 2013
This review is from: I See The Light (MP3 Music)
This is a beautiful song from a great Disney movie. It is a delightful, wonderful song and performed beautifully by Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi

The Natural (1984 Film)
The Natural (1984 Film)
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $33.21
40 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Original Motion Picture version is the Best, April 7, 2013
This review is from: The Natural (1984 Film) (Audio CD)
This is one of my favorite movies of all time and definitely the best baseball movie ever. The original theatrical version, as this DVD is, is the best for viewing. I bought the Director's Cut version where they added scenes they had taken out for the theatrical version of the movie and it is not as good. The storyline doesn't flow as well in that version. This version is the best. However, I recommend the Director's Cut version solely for the bonus material which is awesome.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2014 5:47 PM PDT