Profile for S. Power > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 12071

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Power RSS Feed (Austin, Texas, United States)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lighting Charging Cable for iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, iPhone 6, 6 Plus & Micro USB Sync Data Charger Cord (2in1 Design) for Samsung / HTC / LG / Nexus / Motorola, supports wide variety Smartphones, Tablets and other electronic devices BLUE
Offered by SKT2014
Price: $14.78
4 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for families with both Apple and Android devices, May 25, 2015
I love this cable, that I was provided for free to review, because we have both Apple and Android devices in our house. This cable lets us switch between the two easily, without having to keep both kinds of cables with us. It is nice to be able to charge a friend or family members devices in a pinch. The cable and the adapter are both well made. We like it.

Audible Free Trial [Digital Membership]
Audible Free Trial [Digital Membership]
Offered by Audible, Inc. (US)

5.0 out of 5 stars A lifesaver for anyone with a long commute. Until we have driverless cars, this is the best way to make your commute productiv, May 25, 2015
Audible is a great service. I love listening to the Wall Street Journal each day, as I drive to work, and use the book credits to get audio books for longer trips. The application works great on my HTC One M9 Android phone and before getting this phone, it used to also work great on my Nexus 5.

APC RBC2 Replacement Battery Cartridge No 2
APC RBC2 Replacement Battery Cartridge No 2
Price: $37.99
78 used & new from $35.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought these two separate times from this page on Amazon and haven't had any problems, May 24, 2015
I am mainly writing this review because so many other reviewers have written about their bad experiences, that I wanted to report on my two good experiences. I have no doubt that the problems that people reported with getting old batteries or batteries that had different labeling on them from what they were supposed to was accurate, but since bad experiences are more likely to get reported than average or good experiences, I'm not sure if the reviews necessarily represent what your experience is likely to be. All I can really speak to is my own experience with this battery:

I originally bough my UPS 500 in 2008. Its original battery continued to work fine but after four years we happened to be moving houses, and I knew the battery was probably close to the end of its life, so I turned the battery in for recycling when leaving the old house, and bought a new battery from this Amazon product description page and had it shipped to the new house. That battery performed just as well as the original, and has continued to work very well. Our power doesn't go out very often at all, here in Austin, so I've never really had to stress test the battery, but it has worked fine on the rare occasion that it has been needed.

Now, in 2015, we were moving again, and although the 2nd battery was continuing to perform fine, 3 years seemed like a good time to update the battery. I again ordered it from this Amazon page, and again received exactly what I ordered: A brand new, correctly labeled, fresh APC RBC2.

I don't have anything stellar to report yet, which is why I gave 4 stars instead of 5, but 2 times out of 2 I've gotten exactly what I expected ordering from this page.

By the way, there are other generic batteries available elsewhere on Amazon to replace an RBC2 with. They are so much cheaper than this battery that I considered getting one of those. I probably would have been fine with one of those cheaper generic batteries, but considering what you probably have riding on your UPS, saving a little money might not be worth the risk in this particular case.

Dream Dazzler Musician Battery Operated Children's Kid's Toy Guitar w/ Lights, Sounds (Pink)
Price: $17.95
2 used & new from $6.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy guitar with real strings, May 23, 2015
This toy guitar, that we were provided for free to test and review, is a good hybrid between a toy and a real guitar. It has lights and sound effects to make it more fun for littler kids, but also has strings that can be tuned to make it a good transition to a real guitar. It is an excellent musical toy at a fair price.

Pretend Cutting Board '40 Toy Food Play Set w/ Dummy Knife, Cutting Board, Assorted Toy Fruit & Vegetables
Price: $9.95
2 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really detailed cutting board set, that keeps your little helpers busy while you're cooking, May 23, 2015
So many parents stick their kids in front of the TV or hand them a tablet to play with while they are cooking, so they stay out of the way. This set is a wonderful alternative to that, because they get to play along with you as you cook, and it is more constructive play than screen time. Your kids are going to love how this set includes so many different foods to cut with the knife and board.

This set is perfect in the kitchen to keep them busy while you cook, and is also a nice addition to a play kitchen set. No matter how you use this set, you'll be happy with its detail and the selection of foods it represents. We received ours for free, to test and review, and are really happy with how engaging this set is.

Battery Operated Bump & Go Armored Truck w/ Sounds, Lights, Music 8.5 Inches Long (Colors May Vary)
Price: $16.99
3 used & new from $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Detailed Model Armored Truck with friction drive that lets it move on its own, May 23, 2015
This is a very nicely detailed model truck with a nice paint job, friction drive that lets it move on its own, and lots of lights and sound effects. It is unique and fun to play with. It is a toy truck that has the sort of attention to detail that you'd expect from a model. We were provided this truck for free, to review, and are very happy with it. It is nicely detailed and is well made. This truck is perfect as a desk toy at work, and is a lot of fun for kids aged 1 - 8.

Fun Summer '009 Triple Nozzle Pressurized Pump Action Water Gun, Super Blaster Soaker (Colors May Vary)
Price: $15.95
2 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful pump action that reminds me of the Super Soakers from my childhood, May 23, 2015
This water pistol uses air pressure from a pump to build a lot of pressure up and blast your targets with a huge stream of water. It works really well and is perfect for water play. We got ours for free, to review, and are really pleased with its solid construction and the huge stream of water that comes out of it. We recommend it.

Fun Blocks Watering Can 1173 Toy Interlocking Building Blocks Play Set, Bright Vivid Colors, Various Shapes, Endless Combinations
Price: $13.95
2 used & new from $8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting combination of toys that fits together nicely, May 23, 2015
When I first received this toy for free, to test and review, I thought that a watering can, bucket, and interlocking blocks was an odd combination of items to be grouped together. It actually makes more sense now that I've watched the kids play with them, than it did at first. Since blocks are waterproof, it actually makes a lot of sense to make them an outdoor water-play activity. The bucket also makes for a good way to store everything, so that this can be a kit and all kept together. It is an ingenious combination and system. I just wish that it came with more blocks and that everything was larger. At its fourteen dollar price, including shipping, I guess you can't ask for too much, but in a perfect world the bucket would be about twice as large as it is, and the kit would come with three of four times as many blocks. Overall though, especially at this price, it is a good toy. Very unique.

Angel Story Princess 22 Pretend Play Toy Fashion Beauty Playset w/ Assorted Beauty Accessories (Accessories May Vary)
Price: $13.95
2 used & new from $10.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A cute set that includes a nice variety of items, May 23, 2015
This is a good way to get your curious young lady to stop touching your phone, cosmetics, brushes, and hot irons, while giving her something to play with while you get ready for work or a night out. It is a nice, cute set that includes a nice variety of items. We got ours for free, to test, and am pleased with it. It isn't the greatest quality, but for the price it is a good deal. It is a good addition to an existing make believe dress up set, or can also work by itself.

Cartoon Elephant Toy Bubble Blowing Gun w/ 2 Bottles of Bubble Liquid (Colors May Vary)
Price: $12.95
2 used & new from $4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and fun bubbly summer fun, May 22, 2015
This elephant shaped bubble gun is a cute and fun toy. The two bottles of included bubbles don't last very long, but any bubble solution works, and there are even ways to make it at home. We got a full gallon of extra bubble solution at a local store for less than four dollars and refill the little bottles that the gun came with from the big gallon. We got the gun for free, to test and review, and really like it. It is cute and works well. We recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20