Profile for S. Power > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 147

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Power RSS Feed (Austin, Texas, United States)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
People Tools for Business: 50 Strategies for Building Success, Creating Wealth and Finding Happiness
Offered by Audible, Inc. (US)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book about life, and about business, October 21, 2014
This claims to be a business book, and it is, but it is also more than that. It is a book about work and life, and living life in a way that will make you truly happy. Not only did I truly enjoy listening to this book, but I also have recommended it to many young people who are just starting out in college and in their careers.

No matter where you are in your career and in your life, you will benefit from reading or listening to this book. It is full of really good advice that will help you reflect about your own life if you are older, and give you a role model to emulate if you are younger.

Alan Fox is an exceptional writer, a passable narrator, and a very honest and introspective person. I learned a lot from this book, and would have learned even more from him, if I'd been able to read it earlier in my career.

I highly recommend this book for students of all disciplines. It is an excellent graduation gift and something you should encourage new employees to read.

Nexcon® Solar Panel Charger 5000mAh Rain-resistant and Dirt/Shockproof Dual USB Port Portable Charger Backup External Battery Power Pack for iPhone 6 5S 5C 4S 4, iPods(Apple Adapters not Included), Samsung Galaxy S5 S4, S3, S2, Note 3, Note 2, Most Kinds of Android Smart Phones,Windows phone and More Other Devices (Black)
Offered by Nexcon, Inc
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent combination of solar charger and battery, with two 1A charging outputs, October 21, 2014
No compact solar cells are efficient enough to charge a tablet or large smartphone directly, so most of the solar charging product on the market are either huge, or they only work effectively in New Mexico style direct sunlight. This solar cell is coupled with a 5000mAh battery, and two 1A outputs to harness that solar power in a way that can charge a tablet or two phones quickly.

With its large battery, compact rugged design, and solar panel, this battery works great as a back-up charger. I keep, the one that I was provided for free to review, hanging on my laptop bag most days, and on my Camelback when I'm going biking, hiking, or camping. The solar cells keep the battery topped off, and always ready for those days when my cell phone battery needs a recharge. The solar charging isn't super-fast at 200mAh, but it is adequate for keep the battery topped off from day to day, or to keep you connected in an emergency. It would take 25 hours of direct sunlight to fully charge the 5000mAh battery from the solar panels, but 200mAh in an emergency would be enough to power your phone for calls. If you you need to quickly recharge it from empty, a wall charger only takes about 5 hours.

For what it is designed for, this product is great. It is a back-up battery that you never need to think about because it keeps itself trickle charged and ready to go, just hanging off your bag. In an emergency, it can provide enough juice for emergency calls.

Keedox® Bluetooth 3.0 Handsfree Car Audio Music Streaming Receiver Adapter with Hands Free Calling and 3.5 Mm Stereo Output for iphones,ipads,ipods
Offered by Keedox
Price: $11.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I could do without the battery, but it works fine, October 20, 2014
I don't understand why they bother putting a battery in this. Since it is made for a car stereo, you are never going to use it without a power source nearby, so I don't get the point of the battery at all. Other than that annoyance/complaint, it works fine.

The Keedox Bluetooth 3.0 adapter is easy to pair with your phone, and it sounds very good. I tucked my away using the longer table that they provided, and it still has no issues connecting to my Nexus 5. It is well-made and seems like it will last a long time. I'm leaving mine permanently connected to a USB cigarette plug in my car, so I don't know how long the battery will last. As soon as I turn the car on, the Keedox adapter gets power.

Keedox sent me mine for free to test, and I'm very happy with it. It works great and seems to be well made.

Case for iPhone 5s,Cover for iPhone 5s,Case for iPhone 5,Hard Case for iPhone 5s,Nsstar™ Creative Design Flowing Liquid Swimming Fish Hard Case for Apple iPhone 5 5S with 1PCS Free Cup Mat Color Random(Blue)
Offered by NSSTAR
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A really cute and fun case that protects too, October 19, 2014
This case is great. It is cute, fun, and protective. It fits the phone really well and doesn't block any buttons or cable connection ports. It protects as well or better than most iPhone 5 cases that are out there.

All around, this is a great case. I like it a lot and recommend it. I received mine for free, but would definitely have considered buying it, if I'd known that it existed. It is a super-cute and all around great case.

Jazz For Studying
Jazz For Studying
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for studying, concentrating, and helping to block distractions, October 19, 2014
This review is from: Jazz For Studying (MP3 Music)
I usually listen to classical music through my Bose QC noise blocking headphones to help me block out distractions and get work done. I saw that other reviewers said that this Jazz playlist was good for the same purpose, so I thought that I would give it a shot. I really enjoy this mix. It is great for studying, and is a nice change of pace from my usual studying music. Every song in the playlist is perfect for what I need. I really enjoy it and it helps bring the best out of my work.

Captain Underpants and the Tyrannical Retaliation of the Turbo Toilet 2000
Captain Underpants and the Tyrannical Retaliation of the Turbo Toilet 2000
by Dav Pilkey
Price: $8.97
66 used & new from $5.81

5.0 out of 5 stars So funny!, October 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
You just can't go wrong with Captain Underpants. These books are funny and very engaging for young readers.

Suits Season 3 [HD]
Suits Season 3 [HD]
DVD
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show. You really need to start with Season 1 and watch all the episodes in order. Suits has something for everyone., October 19, 2014
Suits is a great show that really has something for everyone. I really enjoyed Season 1 and Season 2. Season 3 is about on par with Season 2, which as was almost as good as Season 1. I don't watch TV, (which is why I'm only just now finishing Season 3 now), but on the rare occasion I want to watch something Suits is my go to show.

Galaxy's Most Wanted
Galaxy's Most Wanted
by John Kloepfer
Price: $8.74
63 used & new from $0.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, October 19, 2014
This review is from: Galaxy's Most Wanted (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Galaxy's Most Wanted is a fantastic children's book filled with aliens and tons of hysterical situations. I'd recommend this book to readers 9-12

Triathletes in Motion
Triathletes in Motion
by Marc Evans
Price: $24.59
54 used & new from $18.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent if you are looking to bring your performance up to the next level or just acheive a new PR, October 18, 2014
This review is from: Triathletes in Motion (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book isn't for beginners. It is for advanced amateur and even some professional Triathletes who are looking to get even more out of your training and tweak your performance. The exercises that Evans recommends and his and Dr. Cappaert's focus on the importance of detailed assessments is perfect for a triathlete who is to the point that you need to move beyond basic technique and endurance training.

If you are a coach or are self-coached, this book will help you move up to the next level of performance. The photographs do an excellent job of illustrating the points that they are making, and the text is clearly written.

There is no better source for information about how to improve your training level and performance than Evans and Cappaert. I recommend Triathlete in Motion.

2 Ultra Comfortable Sleep Mask with Ear Plugs and Adjustable Strap (Cheetah)
2 Ultra Comfortable Sleep Mask with Ear Plugs and Adjustable Strap (Cheetah)
Offered by Shacke
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and comfortable. They do the job quite well., October 18, 2014
I only use a sleep mask when traveling, both to sleep on the airplane, and if I'm sharing a single-room hotel room with my spouse to be able to sleep while the TV is still being watched long past me being ready for sleep. In both of these use cases, this sleep mask and ear plug combination does a good job. It is so soft and light that you can barely feel it after a few minutes of having it one. It stays on securely and does a good job of blocking out the light and sound. I received mine for free, but it is very similar to the one that I was already using. I've used this one a few times now and am very happy with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20