Profile for KM > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

KM RSS Feed (Virginia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Drama Games: For Those Who Like To Say No
Drama Games: For Those Who Like To Say No
by Chris Johnston
Price: $18.95
30 used & new from $7.86

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, January 8, 2015
I love this book. I bought it on Kindle and found it hard to access at school, so I bought a hard copy, too. I teach in a Catholic school so my behavior problems are relatively negligible, but I do get kids who are fearful and say no. A lot. Many of the games are geared more to teambuilding type workshops than classwork, but the first section is invaluable. Two thumbs up!

Fifty Professional Scenes for Student Actors: A Collection of Short Two Person Scenes
by Garry Michael Kluger
Price: $13.12
51 used & new from $5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a high school acting class, September 13, 2014
I have used this book in my classroom for years. The scenes can be used for male or female actors (they are usually named A or B so they are completely neutral.) The kids enjoy them and they are great for a one day activity or a full blown classroom production. The kids love them.

Memorial Day (The Mitch Rapp Series Book 7)
Memorial Day (The Mitch Rapp Series Book 7)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a MIT h Rapp. 'Nuff said, September 8, 2014
Mitch fights terrorists, defeats wimpy politicians, and saves every day. Lots of fun. Bad guys don't have a chance with Mitch on the job.

24 Season 5 [HD]
24 Season 5 [HD]
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 6, 2014
Best season of the series!

Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi and 4G LTE, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 3rd)
6 used & new from $167.38

3.0 out of 5 stars Had the Kindle HDX for about four months - should have bought an ipad, July 22, 2014
Buy an iPad. I had an original ipad that was great but getting clunky due to its age. I went back and forth for months between the Kindle and the new ipads before I chose the Kindle Fire HDX. Each has some desirable features, but the ipad would have been a better choice.
I didn't think the app problem that everyone mentions would affect me too much because I deal with Amazon a lot and don't play games on my devices, but I was wrong. There is no Nook app for the Kindle ( even though my ipad had both Kindle and Nook), so there went half my books. The Amazon app choices really are kind of pitiful.
The Amazon app that is loaded on the Kindle Fire HDX is very bare bones, stripped down, and unresponsive. Like to read the reviews? Good luck on that app. They don't show, and the "read more" feature doesn't work. To manage my Kindle I have to use my laptop. Kindle books load very nicely, though, and the one problem I had with a book not showing up was dealt with by Customer Service very quickly.
There are some just stupid annoyances with the Kindle. You can't use your own pictures as wallpaper as you can with an ipad.. They have these weird geometric shapes that come with it, and that's all there is. Ipad screens just glide around while the Kindle sort of shuffles.
I've had this Kindle for several months and I regret buying it. If this were the only kind of tablet available it would be OK, even with its problems, but it's not. The ipad is much better.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2014 8:36 AM PDT

What She Saw (Forensic Handwriting Mysteries Book 5)
What She Saw (Forensic Handwriting Mysteries Book 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new, but entertaining, June 18, 2014
Let's put it this way, Evil Greedy Corporation meets Religious Nut. Hilarity ensues. You will not be surprised by anything, but it was fun.

The Truck Book
The Truck Book
by Harry McNaught
Price: $3.99
259 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful picture book, June 13, 2014
This review is from: The Truck Book (Paperback)
I have bought many copies of this book over the years. It is a paperback, so you usually need one for each little truck lover in your life, but we all loved it. Find out what a grapple skidder is!

Fintie Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Slim Shell Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Leather Standing Cover (will fit Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" Tablet 2014 4th Generation and 2013 3rd Generation), Violet
Offered by Fintie
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice little case!, June 13, 2014
I have dropped my Kindle more than once, and the case has protected it. It's very thin and light so the Kindle is still small enough to put in a purse.
I did not give it five stars because it can be a little awkward to use it as a stand if you don't want the Kindle almost vertical, but it's a great cover other than that.

A Dead Red Oleander (The Dead Red Mystery Series, Book 3)
A Dead Red Oleander (The Dead Red Mystery Series, Book 3)
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty dumb, June 8, 2014
This book is so light and fluffy that I'm surprised the kindle could contain it. Nothing made sense and the resolution was utterly pointless.

24 Season 4
24 Season 4
Price: $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best of the series, April 30, 2014
This review is from: 24 Season 4 (Amazon Instant Video)
There are moments where it's terrific which are followed by hours of dull. Other seasons were better than this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3