Profile for Derek D. Bergey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 213

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Derek D. Bergey RSS Feed (Los Angeles)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Medal of Honor - PC
Medal of Honor - PC
Offered by BLS Mart
Price: $7.49
33 used & new from $1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars War is Hell, March 18, 2015
This review is from: Medal of Honor - PC (Video Game)
War is Hell, war games never are. Games of war are always meant to dazzle and amaze, they are made to have you pick up different weapons in each level and find little secrets that unlock uniforms and they have huge explosions where buildings topple and there are little nuclear weapons that have homing bullets. And that's fine, because they are games.

But war is different, I've never seen a war but I know enough who have, it's hot and it's hard to see with blistering sand in your face and you have to forage for what you can find. If that means your specialized gun runs out of ammo and you are forced to use a ak-47 that is left in Afghanistan because of a Russian invasion, that's what happens. The game itself is short, it's 5 hours. If you can pick this game up for anything up to $30, I'd say you got a deal. Anything under, it's silly to pass it up. It's an ugly game at times and it's intense most of the time. It's about as accurate to war in the desert or mountains as we have yet to find. Hopefully this is as close as we have to go.

Learn German with Paul Noble
Learn German with Paul Noble
by Paul Noble
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $79.99
16 used & new from $38.48

5.0 out of 5 stars The most effective program I've used. This beats Rosetta stone in every aspect, March 11, 2015
Considering I am on level 2 of Rosetta Stone, (which is around 30-40 hours in) you'd think I would have a grasp on the language. And, by and large I suppose I know a lot of words that are separate from each other, but I've never been able to form those words into a coherent sentence. Perhaps it's the leg up that Rosetta Stone gave me, which it absolutely did, but even after 40 or so hours there, I believe I've learned more in 3 hours with Paul Noble's program than vice versa. I listen to it while I run and can now string together sentence, I now understand grammar better than I ever have (something Rosetta Stone doesn't even touch on, it's a guessing game with them) and I can now make sense of the translation of words, with German the word Sie means, She, You, They. And I had no idea when to use which, but, now and I'm sure with common sense after it was explained, I grasp it with ease. While I may not be completely fluent, I can say it was the best $5 I could have spent in any area and especially on a language learning system.

One down side, I don't know how to spell the words but you can figure that out once you learn how it all works and sound them out. German does use a few wonky symbols that this program hasn't covered, but I'm only on "1" so, we'll see if they ever mention the strange symbols.

The fact that I can run and practice this makes me feel as if this is the summer I finally master languages.

Learn German with Paul Noble, Part 1: German Made Easy with Your Personal Language Coach
Offered by Audible, Inc. (US)

5.0 out of 5 stars The most effective program I've used. This beats Rosetta stone in every aspect., March 11, 2015

The Professor
The Professor
Price: $6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Flaws aside, A good basic, entry level view of trial law., March 3, 2015
This review is from: The Professor (Kindle Edition)
While there were few times I thought the writer took the easy way out, (examples. A good Lawyer faces adversity and completely falls to pieces, someone walks backwards trips over rocks, and crimes and series of events not being correlated for some strange reason) I overall am happy to have read this book. It serves as a basic entry level view of trial law. I read it over the course of a few days and I liked by and large most of the characters. The amount of flaws in this book are easily outweighed by the entire narrative. It's not the type of book I'd tell anyone they have to read, but it's five bucks and will take a day, so it's worth it.

Santa Claus is Comin' to Town [HD]
Santa Claus is Comin' to Town [HD]
DVD
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Jesus Lord in heaven is this bad, February 16, 2015
Literally the worst Christmas movie I'd ever seen. However, my mom loved it as a child so, there's that.

Epica 800 Watt Handheld Fabric Steamer
Epica 800 Watt Handheld Fabric Steamer
Offered by Perella's
Price: $34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and capable., February 16, 2015
Having sat on this device for a week or so, we finally found some outrageously wrinkly garments to test this out on. The item is very small, a little over half the size of the standard iron. Plug it in and it starts steaming a minute later and it works the same as a unit that is three times it's size. We steamed a few shirts and blouses (actually, I did nothing, but my girlfriend) was really happy with it. Can travel well if needed and didn't leak or explode. So, overall, is there better, sure, is there bigger sure, but does this get wrinkles out quickly, is contained in a small size and does it's job. Sure.

Dansko Women's 506040202 Clog,Red Textured Patent,37 EU/6.5-7 M US
Dansko Women's 506040202 Clog,Red Textured Patent,37 EU/6.5-7 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop buying cheaper shoes that are twenty dollars cheaper that hurt your legs and are in the trash in three months., February 8, 2015
Made my girlfriend who is a doctor and on her feet for an actual 30 hour shift happy. Stop buying cheaper shoes that are twenty dollars cheaper that hurt your legs and are in the trash in three months.

Craig Frames FM74DKW 13 by 19-Inch Rustic Wall Decor Frame, Smooth Grain Finish, 2-Inch Wide, Dark Brown
Price: $34.88
2 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful rustic look, February 8, 2015
Wonderful rustic look to amazing photo's. If you have family photo's or anything like that, that will look silly with a plastic or modern frame. This is what will perfect the image that's already perfect.

Neato Robotics XV-21 Vacuum Cleaner (Certified Refurbished)
Neato Robotics XV-21 Vacuum Cleaner (Certified Refurbished)
Offered by Otter Creek Trading
Price: $214.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The actual future., February 8, 2015
I've bought 3 of these now and I've helped other buy two more. The reason, it picks up the dirt instead of push it around the living room. His name is Neato Peato in our house and my girlfriend's allergies are nonexsitent since we bought this. It works 4 days a week, it's the future we always hoped we would live in. Like anything it has bad days, crashes into the wall a good hot few times. But then it just adjust and cleans out 2 bedroom apartment perfectly.

Lucas Oil 10011 Power Steering Stop Leak - 1 Quart
Lucas Oil 10011 Power Steering Stop Leak - 1 Quart
Price: $14.62
12 used & new from $11.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, buy here over any other store., February 8, 2015
This magic fluid has limited the amount of screech and squeal of my car as it first it's day on cold winter mornings. I've noticed after using it that the need to add fluid has went from once a month to once every 3 months. Way cheaper than autozone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20