ARRAY(0x94ed89a8)

Customer Reviews: 300

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gary L. Iverson, Sr. RSS Feed (Boise, Idaho)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Schumacher SSC-1000A SpeedCharge 2/6/10 Amp Battery Charger and Maintainer with 50-Amp Battery Clips
Offered by Bargain The People
Price: $69.46
10 used & new from $49.01

4.0 out of 5 stars This is quite an amazing 12VDC charger....... not cheap, but a good one., April 18, 2014
I bought 2 of these. I have used this brand for going back over 30 years now....... never had a bad one yet! :-)

I look for numerous things in any charger that I buy: versatility, long life, trouble free operations, and good quaility stuff. This does it all.
The unit is surprisingly responsive using the various setup push buttons. It can correctly charge more than one type, adn it gives you some good indications of what is going on..... that is all good...... so why 4 stars? Well, the one thing that makes this more likely to have trouble on the very long term is the build using all solid state controls.
This is good and bad: Good in that you do have so much control and several options, plus it is so very small, compact, and light weight. All due to the solid state control and build.
The bad? It is for the same reasons..... it is all solid state, no transformer and rectifier setup, so it must have the seriously effective cooling fan and thermostatic controller to make it all not overheat - that is it's weak link. If anything fails, it is likely to be the fan or it's control thermostat setup. Even so, I still chose to buy them, test them, and keep them. It is just tooooo good to not keep. Good quality wiring and battery connectors were a plus. When you are not doing boosting, you really do NOT need large HD connectors anyway, and these are good, solid, and plenty large enough to do the job and then some. Buy with confidence in the name on the box and the Amozon garantee. Enjoy!

DEWALT DW4910 3-Inch by 5/8-Inch-11 Knotted Cup Brush/Carbon Steel .020-Inch
DEWALT DW4910 3-Inch by 5/8-Inch-11 Knotted Cup Brush/Carbon Steel .020-Inch
Price: $11.02
25 used & new from $7.33

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent cup brush for the money!, April 16, 2014
This brush is strong and well made. I had been concerned that it would not hold up well, but today left me certain that I had puchased a good tool. Buy this one for the wire diameter of .020" is strong enought to hold up with any normal and reasonable use. However, the lighter duty Dewalt 3" cup brush with the lighter .014" wire is NOT a good and safe brush in my opinion: it slings out wires all over (and into your body through your clothing)continuously even with light work. This one does not do that and it does an excellent job. Buy this one with confidence. Enjoy!

BOSTITCH BTE820K 7-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder Kit
BOSTITCH BTE820K 7-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder Kit
Price: $56.71
9 used & new from $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is much more than you might expect!, April 16, 2014
Okay, this IS a china made tool. Even so, I was very impressed with the real quality and power of this tool. With what it says is only a 7amp motor, I was concerned that it would be as worthless and gutless as my last china made tool..... wrong. This not only looks fantastic, it works with a LOT of real power too. Possibly, if you are really wanting power in a production shop type of situation you should pay a bit more and get the Super Pro 11 amp HD model. Frankly, anything other than such an extreme need would be well pleased with this one. If I want more power for some serious grinding and sanding I will use my larger full size 7-9 inch wheel grinder.

This runs strong, does not have excessive vibration, and does not overheat with reasonable use over longer periods of time. I used it today with a 4 inch wire cup brush to smooth an older boat trailer frame for paint application. It is a good tool and was easy and comfortable to use and hold on to. I hate the safety on the switch of all of these things..... all of them use it on the paddle wheel type of power switches..... they are just a bit aukward to use and flip up into the lock position very easily. With good heavy gloves on it is a tad bit difficult to get it down into the operating position again. Even so, this one is well worth the money in my opinion. Now that I have used it, I would certainly buy it again if I needed a second unit.
Buy with confidence. Has a good 3 year warrantee, and is well known long time around company behind it. Enjoy!

Esky EC170-08 100% Waterproof Vehicle Car Rear View Backup Camera High-definition CCD 170 Degree Viewing Angle - Rearview Camera
Offered by Hisgadget Inc
Price: $26.99
2 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one to buy if you have any chance of moisture at all!, April 11, 2014
I bought one that looked exactly like this one, but it did not say it was water sealed..... it wasn't. The very first exposure to any moisture, it fogged up and lost all use. This one has very good clarity of image, and it has not had a single hint of trouble dealing with water from any location. I should have paid a tad bit more and bought this one to begin with! Buy with confidence. Enjoy

Apache 99000246 Auto Shut Off Unleaded Nozzle, 3/4" Female Pipe Thread Connection with 13/16" Spout, 14.531 GPM, Red
Price: $40.77
9 used & new from $35.50

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good working unit for such low price!, April 11, 2014
You must face it, it is a China Knockoff. Even so, it does work very well, is easy to use, and the only slight drawback is that it seems to be able to flow at a bit slower rate than many others I have used (I would guess it to pass about 20-25% less.). So the slight reduced rate is the only sacrifice you will make on this. Again, for the money paid out, this is a pretty good deal...... assuming a good long life..... I have used it for 2 months now to pump gas from my portable trailer tank. I bought 2 of the new Dixon units, and both of them failed in very short times,......they are good old USA made items. So giving these a try is not that big of a risk at all. Enjoy

Elenco Electronics TL-5 Banana to Alligator Test Lead Set
Elenco Electronics TL-5 Banana to Alligator Test Lead Set
Price: $5.07
4 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars These are an excellent quality for the price!, April 11, 2014
I have used a LOT of this type of equipment over the past 30+ years and this is one of the best for the price deals I have found. I sure wish they were tad bit longer, but what can one expect? They have a good strong cast wire and plug assembly (as pictured) and they used a very good quality wire of what looks to be at least an 18 ga wire, with good flexibility. The alligator clips use a high quality end and should give a good long service life if not abused. With a 3 foot lead length I assume they are designed mostly for use as a bench test lead set, but these will service any use where a 3 foot length will do the job. Buy with confidence.... so far, I have never had a bad experience with anything from Elenco! Not to mention that Amazon's policies will cover you if you are not satisfied..... highly likely you will NOT be disappointed. Enjoy!

Alfred the Great (Makers of History - Abbott Series)
Alfred the Great (Makers of History - Abbott Series)
by Jacob Abbott
2 used & new from $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent and interesting book! Buy it for your son or daughter, easy to read and understand., March 12, 2014
This is a chronicle of English history in just enough detail to make a GREAT story. Well written, easy to read even if only in Jr. High, and follows the awful details, just enough info to pass along what went on without makig it gory or bloody violent. (They get worse than this every day on TV drivel.) Learn what lead up to Alfred becoming a man and gaining the kingdom. Be amazed at the struggles he went through and greatness - and WHY he was so great - in an easy reading low cost volume. Do enjoy, for I sure did. :-)

Liberty B46305C-FB-C Ball End Coat and Hat Hook, Flat Black
Liberty B46305C-FB-C Ball End Coat and Hat Hook, Flat Black
Price: $3.99
5 used & new from $3.70

4.0 out of 5 stars This very well made, has good sized knobs, and is inexpensive to buy!, March 4, 2014
It turned out to be a bit darker in finish to what we had hoped for, for we had wanted a bit more brassy look to them, but it is a very nice design and a good looking coat hangar. The knobs are large enough to lessen the likelihood of the fabric being damaged by too small of an end. These should give excellent long term service and won't break the bank to buy them. enjoy!

Amazon.com Plaid Gift Card Box - $50, Holiday Globe Card
Amazon.com Plaid Gift Card Box - $50, Holiday Globe Card
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is such a nice way to give a gift anyone can use as they wish!, March 4, 2014
I bought this for a friend who is getting married. They have to move out of state for his new job right after the wedding and I didn't want to buy something that possibly they might not need or want, and then worse yet, they might have to drag it across state with them. This way they buy what ever they need, when they need it, no duplication of gifts, and VERY easy to move, right? Ha ha! We all win on this one. Came in a nice little box with the serial numbers clearly visible from the bottom. Buy with confidence! Enjoy!

Liberty B42329Z-VBR-C Small Scroll Edge Design Coat and Hat Hook, Venetian Bronze
Price: $5.96
5 used & new from $2.29

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good high quality product and inexpensive too., March 4, 2014
I bought one of these to see it in place and check out the look of it..... It was not my cup of tea as some say it, but it is well made, looks very good..... but not quite as good or as "nice" as I had hoped for in my application. I gave it 4 stars only for the fact it did not quite meet my needs..... if this is the look you wanted, it would be 5 stars for you no doubt. Well made, quite "dark" in it's finished color (a bit too dark for me), and the knobs are not large at all..... I had wished them to be larger as well. All in all, a very good product for the money paid for it. Enjoy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20