Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for GLIverson > Reviews

Browse

GLIverson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 409

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

GLIverson RSS Feed (Boise, Idaho)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BRK Brands 9120 Hardwire Smoke Alarm
BRK Brands 9120 Hardwire Smoke Alarm
Offered by Bulbs"n"More
Price: $10.89
34 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good low cost smoke alarm., March 31, 2015
Simple, low cost, universal in fit, and very easy to wire and install! Great low cost product made in China.

TruXedo 270601 TruXport Soft Roll-Up Dual Latch Tonneau Cover
TruXedo 270601 TruXport Soft Roll-Up Dual Latch Tonneau Cover
Price: $299.00
81 used & new from $269.10

5.0 out of 5 stars A great cover for the price, and very easy to setup and install., March 31, 2015
This product is the second one I have purchsed for my Chevy trucks. I guess that will tell you a lot about TruXport covers.
This is so easy to setup and install, and they are right there to help you by phone..... if you need any that is. Nice people!
The first one I owned I had for almost 3 years and it did very well and still looked good after that time. That one was for the 6.6 ft bed and this one is for the 5.8ft. bed Chevy. The one thing I do recommend is that may wish to buy with your cover some of the manufacturer's special Protectant Spray for it. The soft vinyl cover is not good with all types of supposedly "protectors" like Armoral or such like that. Many "protectors" build up on the surface, are hard to remove and clean: they don't look to good after a while..... not sure otherwise which to buy. I just tried out McGuire's Vinyl Protectant Spray today and it looks very good, but it also brand new too. Why use it? Not just for the protection and new look, which is a great thing too.... but to sort of seal up the leatherette creases and irregular surface that the vinyl has in it's surface. Without some sort of sealant the dust and wet dirt tend to be very hard to clean out of those fine ridges and dimples. It does look very good, and for the price..... this one is hard to beat. The latching system is simple and almost fool proof. Nothing with humans if really fool proof, right?
Buy with confidence and enjoy!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2015 8:40 AM PDT

Hobart 500553 Handler 210 MVP For Use with SpoolRunner 100
Hobart 500553 Handler 210 MVP For Use with SpoolRunner 100
Price: $925.00
6 used & new from $760.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Moderate price, very good quality, and USA made., March 11, 2015
This is a nice "concentrated" type of compact welder..... that is a good thing for most folks. It is not a light weight unit with little going on inside of it.

The one question that I personally wondered about was if the dual voltage would be worth the extra money over just buying the lighter single voltage unit. Now that I am using it, I think that I will indeed get some use out of the convenience of the 120VAC input. But do be aware, and know, that when using the 120VAC input you will NOT be able to do any heavier welding or aluminum welding unless it is paper thin materials. Aluminum sucks all the heat away so fast that much higher currents and voltages are required than with steel. I put it up on voltage levels 6 & 7 and ran two beads of about 1.5 inches long at 30% wire feed speed..... it tripped a 20 amp single pole Square D breaker immediately. Biut, that is exactly what one should expect to happen, right? Also, Square D is one of the best made and most sensitive breakers on the market so if you have an old GE panel or a Cuttler you may get away with more. (Just a not from a Journeyman Electrician for over 30 years now: the breaker protects the wiring within your walls.... prevents fires, so if it trips there is a reason and do not merely reset and go on. These are thermally triggered so need time to cool down or a wiring fire might result.)

This machine has some great engineering in merely the packaging, let alone the rest of the machine! It is well packed and should get to you without any problem. The assembly of it is easier than many and should present ZERO trouble for anyone..... the instructions are excellent.... but what else would one expect from a USA made machine?? To say it is "Made in USA" at least the majority of the unit must be assembled from USA made parts as well as labor - I was glad to buy USA and support my fellow workers.

This machine has a novel way of swapping the wire drive wheels too! Just push it in, turn 90* and slip it out, turn it over and slip it back in and it is ready to go: no screws or tools needed at all. The stinger is quite good for the size and price of the machine..... oh yeh, like some commented, the trigger is pretty easily tripped, but most of us do not use the big heavy leather guanlets with a buz box because they are not as hot and do not present such problems to require such heavy gloves. I just used some good medium duty leather gloves and the switch was ZERO problems at all.... at least it was zero for me.

Would I buy this again? Yes I would, and I think that if you want a slightly larger/heavier unit with greater capacity than the smaller units, this might be just what you are looking for. Hobart has a very good warrantee, and that too is a bonus. Buy with confidence. Enjoy.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too expensive, not too fancy, and nothing extra., March 9, 2015
Well, these are "okay" mats..... that is about all one can say about them. They are very low pile cheapo mats(I have seen worse), but about the same value I guess as I saw at WallMart Auto. A bit better made, lower price, or such like would have reaised them to 4 stars. If you are looking for something to hold a bit of grit, keep it on the mat, and not slipping onto the vehicle carpet.... this is not it. Low flat pile will hold nothing.
If you are looking for a great product at a great price, this isn't it. I had hoped for a much better set of mats after reading the description, but that is the risk of buying over the web..... you often do very well, and other times not quite so much.
If you have ever bought real quality mats when buying a new car.... you probably paid about twice the price of these. So,..... it is a solid 3 stars, is not badly/poorly made, but offers nothing special, and not too bad. It is a good minimalist floor mat set.

ATD Tools 6508 8-Piece Stud Remover Set
ATD Tools 6508 8-Piece Stud Remover Set
Price: $54.13
16 used & new from $45.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Lower cost, good size, and quality tools., March 6, 2015
I just received them today and think that they look well made and will work great. They do lack some of the finese' of some of the MUCH more expensive brands, but that does not make them any less of a quality or valuable tool..... it merely saves you some money buying them.

You could call that the negative part of things, but on the positive side, they are a tripple jaw (roller) type of device that looks as if it will do a great job without (always) ruining the stud. That is a great positive in many cases for me! Also, the socket is about the size of a normal 3/8 drive sparkplug socket. That is so much better than the size of most tools of this type. That means that they will fit into tighter places than most stud removers will. This important to me personally and might in many cases also be so to you too. Maybe not all the glitz (4 stars) but a real solid value for the money spent in my opinion. If they work as good as they look, I just may raise them later to 5 stars, if they don't, I will update this review accordingly later on. Buy with confidence and enjoy!

Prestone AS180 Radiator Complete Care - 22 oz.
Prestone AS180 Radiator Complete Care - 22 oz.
Price: $11.31
2 used & new from $11.31

5.0 out of 5 stars A low cost way to renew your vehicle radiator antifreeze solution., March 6, 2015
I have been trying to locate this product ever since they stopped stocking it at my local WallyWorld store.
Since anti-freeze.... the glycol part that is, does not actually go bad, we need to replace the rubber life extenders, and the waterpump lube / anti-corrsives in the fluid each year. This does that without wasting the glycol.
It has been in my personal vehicles for over 5 years now and have seen no problems since use began.
I just bought these two to add to my car and PU truck. I add a bit more each year after the intial application.

Bushwacker Chevrolet OE Style Ultimate BedRail Cap
Bushwacker Chevrolet OE Style Ultimate BedRail Cap
Price: $89.99
43 used & new from $89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, not too high priced, be careful of exact fit., February 27, 2015
I just received my set of rail covers yesterday and installed them today. They do look nice too! However, there are some things to mention here that you will want to know about:
1: Follow the directions exactly, and they should go on pretty well with very little trouble at all in most cases. (That is my best guess from my Left side of bed.)
2: The double sticky tape is very good at locking in and holding on for most applications: prep as directed.
3: Do take note of some important "issues" with the plastic..... Here is an example of what I mean from my own installation today.
3a: The Left side dry fit perfectly, and once installed, it fit and looked absolutely perfect. Can't get better than that! :-)
3b: Then since the Left was so good I did the Right side..... not quite so perfect as it looked when dry fitted. :-(
3c: The whole thing looked great with my tailgate down for installation purposes, and the entire process completed. When I went to close the tailgate I found out that it was not like the left side on the rear by the gate at all. It was about 1/2 inch wider across the curved end of the cap, and the gate would not close..... I had to "push" the gate and material a bit to close the tailgate. Then, I found that closing the gate pushed the outside edge outward about 1/2" so it no longer fit tight to the side of the bed like it did before I closed the gate! Simply put: it did perfectly on the Left side panel but not the same on the Right side..... Ooops. Not so great. Bummer!

This IS a fine looking and excellent product, but the 2009 Chevy short bed PU model may not be done right from the factory! Fact. The casting or moulding of the plastic had made it bigger for the right side than it did for the left side.... Now I am a bit sorry I bought them.... they do LOOK cool from the side at a short distance, but the rear right side literally sticks out away from the bed by at least 1/2" and possibly a tad more while all the rest of the right side looks perfect and fits just right. Just my rotten luck, eh? When I dry fit it, the gate was open, and it looked as if it would fit perfect.... so be VERY careful guys.

Final UPDATE: It got rather long, drawn out, and I was NOT happy with the factory warrantee claim process (and people)..... suffice to say, not so good. But, it does turn out that they DO actually intend to make things right after all; it is just that the process can be so problematic that you think they are trying to sneak out of it... they were not it turns out. However that may be, out of shear frustration, I finally removed both sides, told them I gave up on warrantee, and our good friend Amazon took care of things: returned for refund. Later on, I got a very short email from the company saying that they were sorry and would send out another set. Great, but frankly, I'm not really tooooo sure I want another set, ha ha! Some days you just should not get out of bed, right? The one good side looked really good though! I hope your situation is good to you. Enjoy.

ACDelco TF289 Professional Automatic Transmission Fluid Filter Kit
ACDelco TF289 Professional Automatic Transmission Fluid Filter Kit
Price: $19.70
28 used & new from $13.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent parts, USA branded company, low prices, yet top quality...... what could be better? :-), February 25, 2015
First off for all of your GM products/ vehicles..... if you want the parts that equal your brand new vehicle, and you want the perfect fit always, with highest quality..... and most of the time it is less money than the "other brands stuff"..... then this is what you want to get. Enjoy!

ACDelco 10-9030 Dexron VI Automatic Transmission Fluid - 1 gal
ACDelco 10-9030 Dexron VI Automatic Transmission Fluid - 1 gal
Price: $23.12
3 used & new from $23.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality product, USA company, and known excellent parts.... what more could you ask for?, February 25, 2015
This is ACDelco..... how can you go wrong?! I have used this fluid for some time in several vehicles now. Good product, very high quality, and the price is also better than most others! If you are going to flush your transmission, I recommend this and a couple of qts to get the job done right. The ACDelco kit that goes for your own vehicles Trans is a must have to keep it simple, and to have the exact right parts and fitting gaskets for the job! Enjoy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2015 2:29 PM PDT

Lubegard 96430 Heavy Duty 2-in-1 Coolant Treatment, 32 fl. oz.
Lubegard 96430 Heavy Duty 2-in-1 Coolant Treatment, 32 fl. oz.
Price: $26.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Newer chemistry, not tooooo expensive, and promises to perform great., February 25, 2015
Okay, I have to admit that this is my very first time using this product. It is NOT like any other automotive type of anti-rust/ anti-corrosion material I have used previously. It is a clear pink liquid... almost a light purple. It does NOT contain any type of soluable oil or such at all. I cannot tell how it would act in any way like it says it does as a water pump lube etc.... I didn't say that it does not work for that, merely that I cannot tell at all how it would work like that. Okay? Now it uses two major nitrate chemicals to tie up O2 in the fluid so it cannot oxidize, and possibly will not corrode nor rust at all..... that sounds great. I am using it in the cooling system of my PU now, but have not had it long enough to really say +/- about the long term use of it..... I have a LOT of hope for it because of my industial background. We used to use such chemicals to stop all rust and corrosion in piping for cooling and heating in HUGE inside building internal loops - VERY effective - but some were certainly MUCH better than others. So far, so good, and I do really hope that this will be the best I have ever used. I will try to remember to update this eval next year with more specific details.
For now: The concept sounds excellent, the true long term effects are as yet unknown to me, but it is NOT too expensive a product to use, and it does use some proven principles to make it's claims for excellent funtionality. (Note: You need to use a certain "mix" of the liquid into so many gallons of coolant, so don't just dump the whole bottle in until you sort of figure out how much you actually need to use.... that's not too hard to do, just simple math.) Good luck and enjoy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20