Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for Bill McLean > Reviews

Browse

Bill McLean's Profile

Customer Reviews: 850

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bill McLean "As I See It." RSS Feed (Seeking The Land of Reason)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
FILA Strength Grip
FILA Strength Grip
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, April 19, 2016
This review is from: FILA Strength Grip (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Arriving this morning, this is one of my selections as a Vine reviewer. It has been given to me in exchange for my honest review. And I have no mercy in reviewing consumer products.

I'm 77 and I need to efficiently exercise my grip. The Fila Strength Grip is ideal for my needs. In fact, it really is the best of its kind that I've ever seen. Being resistance adjustable, its settings go from super hard to supper easy. The curved grip feels friendly to my hands and encourages my best efforts. Priced well under $20.00, I think it's a bargain.

AmazonBasics AA Performance Alkaline Batteries (48-Pack)
AmazonBasics AA Performance Alkaline Batteries (48-Pack)
Price: $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A REALLY GOOD DEAL - I THINK, April 12, 2016
I'm a heavy battery user so $12.00 for 48 Alkaline batteries, with no charge for delivery, that's a big deal for me. That's 25 cents each. And these batteries are good. If I become .disappointed, I promise to be back.

Digital Smart Dual Charger with 4 Blue UltraFire LC 18650 3000mAh 3.7V batteries
Offered by Yliyaya
Price: $10.53
21 used & new from $7.92

3.0 out of 5 stars OKAY, April 10, 2016
These batteries do take a charge, and they do work well in my lithium powered flashlight. But they don't come near the electrical spics as advertised. Because my flashlight needs are modest, these batteries more than meet my needs.

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV
Price: $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars While it can be used to easily find movies to play and other TV stuff, April 10, 2016
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
The Amazon Fire TV, with voice, does most, everything the regular Echo does.. While it can be used to easily find movies to play and other TV stuff, it also gives Echo functions full use. But the TV must be turned on for even volume control, which is made by the TV remote control. The Amazon Fire TY is a luxury entertainment item, and is especially valuable to Prime members. I think that many people will use this to cut the Cable. And if you already own the original Echo, like I do. it can be used nicely in the bedroom.

Umbra Udock Tablet Stand
Umbra Udock Tablet Stand
Offered by Photo - Electronics @ Solidfuel
Price: $18.00
9 used & new from $13.26

5.0 out of 5 stars A PRFECT TABLET STAND, April 9, 2016
This review is from: Umbra Udock Tablet Stand (Misc.)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've tried several tablet stands and this one is the best of the best. It's not the least bit shaky for either my Kindle Fire, my Kindle Fire 10, or my Surface tablet - vertical or horizontal - with or without their cases. You'll probably never need another tablet stand.

I did have a little trouble figuring out how to open it. In my old age, I'm kind-a slow. The little triangle mark on the metal part is pressed firmly to open what has been set for storage. Once discovered, it's no problem at all. For only $18.00, it sure is money well spent.

Lima Smart & Private Cloud Device for Mac, PC, Smartphone and Tablet, Pink
Lima Smart & Private Cloud Device for Mac, PC, Smartphone and Tablet, Pink
Price: $99.00
3 used & new from $84.15

4.0 out of 5 stars THE LIMA: ONE OF MANY GOOD CHOICES, March 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have never been comfortable with the concept of Cloud file storage for individuals' private files or for small businesses. To me, this Lima device stands out as safer for both. It works with good speed and simplicity. Users must add a separate hard drive to the expense, but I think that's better than renting space from someone else' digital real estate.

Of course this level of backup file storage is not needed except for small businesses, and Cloud storage could be with us for many generations. For the rest of us, the use of SD memory cards, and other inexpensive file backup storage media might be more appropriate than the Lima.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2016 4:21 PM PDT

Invicta Men's 18057 Specialty Analog Display Japanese Quartz Two Tone Watch
Invicta Men's 18057 Specialty Analog Display Japanese Quartz Two Tone Watch
Price: $112.86
4 used & new from $109.99

2.0 out of 5 stars - JUST MY OPINION -, March 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I just don't like it. I'm a full grown man, but the metal strap can't be made small enough to fit properly on my wrist. Also it's too heavy, is uncomfortably cold except on warm days, and the face is difficult to read. Built to dazzle the eye, it is also made to give several time functions. In my opinion, digital watches do these functions better. I would also say: if you want a fancy analogue dude watch, get one that is expensive and actually tasteful - unless you are heavily muscled and showing off to excite the young ladies.

Gigastone PhotoFast Evo Plus 64GB 3-In-1 iFlash Drive (PF-IFEVOPLUS64GB-R)
Gigastone PhotoFast Evo Plus 64GB 3-In-1 iFlash Drive (PF-IFEVOPLUS64GB-R)
Price: $79.99

4.0 out of 5 stars NICE - IF YOU DON'T MIND PAYING THE PRICE, March 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This little PhotoFast device works as advertised. It transfers files very quickly, has 64GB of storage space, and is easy to use. But I received mine as a Vine customer reviewer - with only my promise to write an honest revue. I don't have sufficient use for it to buy one - not at the current asking price. That's why I took off one STAR.

While it really is nice to use, and it looks solid enough to keep files reasonably safe, But it still is only a device to move and store files back and forth using mixed standard and mini USB connections.

VisionTek Products Waterproof Bluetooth Mini Keyboard for windows iOS & Android Devices (900838)
Price: $19.95
36 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars AN EXCELLENT CHOICE, February 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This keyboard is an excellent choice as a partner for most any tablet. It folds out from small to twice it's size - close enough to standard size to make it well wroth carrying around with a tablet - whenever one is needed - like in class to make quick notes without bothering others. The keys make no noise. It's cover does not show finger prints, and it has an appearance and feel of luxury. It's water resistant (maybe even waterproof). It can safely be cleaned (including the keys) with a simple damp cloth. And the price: much lower than I expected.

Unnaturally Delicious: How Science and Technology are Serving Up Super Foods to Save the World
by Jayson Lusk
Price: $18.97
69 used & new from $8.63

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD NEWS ABOUT FOOD, February 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The author, Jayson Lusk, is a Regents Professor at the University of Oklahoma - with additional credentials a mile long. I cannot speak for the accuracy of his writings, I'm just not qualified. .

I can report that this book is written on a level that any high school student will have no trouble understanding it. It contained information that is immediately useful for evaluating now available foods for nutrition. But it's main purpose is to enlighten readers about the efforts being made to satisfy the needs of a growing population. Food technology has given us fast food but, according to Professor Lusk, it can (and will) also give us delicious nutrition.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20