Profile for Bill McLean > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 756

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bill McLean "My Opinion." RSS Feed (The Land of Reason)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY VERSATILE PLAYER - WITH A WOW SOUND, February 25, 2015
This player works beautifully in Stereo. I had thought the built in speaker on my Kindle HD was quite good, but with this Bluetooth Speaker the sound is extraordinary by comparison. Even the bass sounds better than expected.

The unit is solidly built. Its built-in FM radio is a little tricky to use. Moving it around helps lock on to stations. It also plays using my MiroSDHCUHS-1 Memory Card. I already have a 32GB Sony Card filled with my favorites. The unit even plugs into my Sony CD player (with the included cable). Another included cable is for charging the unit. It can be charged by USB or with a wall plug-in charger that I have for something else.

The player shipped from China so it took almost two week for delivery, but it's well worth the wait.

Truform 0865, Compression Stockings, Below Knee, Open Toe, 20-30 mmHg, Beige, Large
Offered by TopsMedical
Price: $18.40
11 used & new from $17.41

4.0 out of 5 stars MY PODIATRIST APPROVES, February 11, 2015
My Podiatrist points out that this product is quite good, but maybe not for me. Even with open toes it still pushes the toes together, as he demonstrated.. .I have moderate peripheral neuropathy with compromised circulation. What goes against using this product for me is that I also have a troublesome hammertoe. Just the same, I'm trying it off and on and under close watch.

I have scheduled minor surgery that should correct the problem with the hammertoe. Healing from surgery will then be my main concern, and that takes healthy circulation support. He also recommends massage.

Brightech Remix5™ - Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Ultra Rugged Design - Water Resistant and Shockproof - NFC Tap & Play Technology - Now You Can Take Great Music Anywhere! - Perfect for Outdoor Events
Offered by Brightech™
Price: $45.00
3 used & new from $30.25

5.0 out of 5 stars THE SOUND QUALITY IS QUITE GOOD FOR ITS SIZE., January 29, 2015
Yes, the sound quality really is quite good for its size. Furthermore, it is attractive, strongly built, and I think the price is reasonable. I give it 5-STARS. I like it. The more I use it, the more I like it. Better sounding Blue-Tooth speakers may exist, but they are more expensive and considerably larger. This one is designed for both outdoor and indoor portable use, and does a great job.

I have only tested this on my Kindle Fire. The Kindle sounds petty good without this external Bluetooth speaker. It just sounds a lot better with it. In my opinion, it's usually worth being an extra carry-on accessory.

Signature Sleep  Contour 8 Inch Twin Mattress
Signature Sleep Contour 8 Inch Twin Mattress
Price: $159.99
14 used & new from $159.99

5.0 out of 5 stars KIND OF INCREDIBLE, January 28, 2015
The twin sized mattress arrived this morning. It was compressed down to a little larger than the size of the duffel bag I had when I was in the Air Force. I'm 76 and live alone, so it was a bit of a challenge for me to set-up. Thankfully, my efforts yielded a comfortable bed to have a nice nap. Actually, the mattress could have been set-up by an average sized young woman with no problems.

The mattress is two sided so it can be used when turned over come spring cleaning time. This adds to the life of a mattress. While shopping around, I've seen some slightly cheaper mattresses for sale that were only one sided, and they weren't even nearly as comfortable.

This is actually the most comfortable mattress I have ever owned.. I'm well pleased.

Shoppers should also read other opinions, but I think most will agree with me. This mattress is definitely worth the price. I paid $149.00 and got free shipping as a Prime Member. It was not gifted to me as a Vine Reviewer. Even if it were, my reviews are not guided, they are my own opinions.

UPDATE: 2/6/15

Okay, I've slept on this mattress a little over a week now. Yippee! I now fall asleep quicker and awake in 8 hours feeling refreshed. This is what I really needed. I do know that even better mattresses exist, but this one is really great for the price.

Amazon Premium Headphones
Amazon Premium Headphones
Price: $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars BEST IN ITS CLASS, January 19, 2015
I prefer this style of headphones for convenience and portability. I do have better, and more expensive headphones, for use at home. But I thank that the Amazon Premium Headphones do produce the best sound of any I have owned of this style. I do like it.

Fremo® P100 10400mAh Power Bank External Battery Charger For iPhone 5s 5c 5,iPad Air mini, Galaxy S5 S4, Note 3 2,Galaxy Tab, Nexus, HTC One,One 2 , PS Vita and more-Silver
Offered by FREMO
Price: $24.99
6 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A REALLY GOOD CHOICE - IF A SMALL PORTABLE BATTERY CHARGER IS NEEDED, January 12, 2015
I received this really nice external power bank (P100 SCUD External Battery) free - for only my promise to write an honest review. My criteria for rating is not only for the quality of the product, but also my level of enthusiasm for usefulness and price listed on Amazon. Not having a technologist background in electronics, I ignore most of the technical stuff. .

Yes, the P100 works as expected. This is a great carry along for hikers or bikers who carry a tablet and/or a cell phone. It's even useful for some flashlights and other small rechargeable electronics that might need charging before reaching home or car. These are all the uses that I wanted it for. But for general travel use, I have cheap adapters to charge everything with my car battery or my lead acid emergency carry-on power source.

Charging time for the P100 is slow - 8 hours to fully charge the battery starting at zero. Time for the P100 to charge the batteries of small devices depends on the capacity of the unit and how much charge it still has left. But of course, it isn't necessary to fully charge electronic devices in order to use them.

The P100 is charged using the standard/micro USP connector cable (supplied). It fits one way to charge the P100 from a PC, and is reversed to charge from the mini adapter end. (I have a home A/C wall plug-in that works for charging my cell phone at home, and it works for charging the P100 too.) The P100 has overcharge shut off protection. Smallish LED's indicate level of charge at various capacities, both when charging and also when discharging. (button is pressed when discharging.) The P100's build is very smooth and handsome, but none the less, it requires careful handling to avoid dropping or getting it wet. Temperature range for use range from 45 degrees C, down to 10 degrees C.

I would recommend this product to my friends.

NPR News
NPR News
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars CLEAR, SOFTLY SPOKEN, AND BRIEF., December 31, 2014
This review is from: NPR News (App)
NPR News is on a par with other radio news programs as far as I am concerned. It is always brief and spoken softly and without artificial dramatic overtones.

enKo Products® 4 in 1 - Mini Home Security Hidden Camera with Motion Detection , Clock , Radio , and Speaker with Built in LCD Monitor & Night Vision
Offered by Pioneer Marketing Products
Price: $94.95
6 used & new from $85.43

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT THE BEST CHOICE FOR HOME SECURITY, December 31, 2014
I was given this product (without cost) by a seller who asked me to review it on this Amazon site.

This device does many things - poorly and with too many complications. For home security I would want one system that did only the relevant functions. I would not want it displayed as a digital clock for a thief to unknowingly drop into his pocket while grabbing cash, computers, etc... I would not want the entertainment functions incorporated into the unit. I have other electronic products that do these jobs better. What I would want is something that was totally hidden and would be turned on remotely using only one button. Then I would be able to view my place on the Internet remotely. Yes, I would have to pay more than this unit costs.

This 4-in-one device is annoyingly and unnecessarily complicated. Yes, all I could figure out how to use does work; but it falls short as a home security device. It's attempts to take on other functions actually detracts from the effectiveness of its main purpose. This is more of a toy than an effective home security device.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2015 2:41 PM PST

Canon T5i / 700D Experience - The Still Photography Guide to Operation and Image Creation with the Canon Rebel T5i / EOS 700D
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It is clearly written and nicely separated by chapters in logical order, December 31, 2014
This how-to electronic book focusses on the greater photographic techniques that the Canon T5i was designed for. That is, all except the video functions. It states this clearly right up front. Furthermore, the reader should read the User Guide that comes with the camera first - or at least read both books' applicable sections as the camera is put into use.

As the title would indicate, this is a very well written textbook that will give those who are newly acquainted with photography enough information for them to strike out on their own, It is clearly written and nicely separated by chapters in logical order. It not only covers composition and lighting, but it shows and describes some useful lens' and accessories.

Persons already well versed in photography will have little use for this book, other than possibly as short chapter reviews of techniques. But the techniques are standard for professionals and can benefit the new and advanced amateurs. Yes, there is much more to photography than this, but I recommend this book to those amateurs.

Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader (TS-RDF5K)
Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader (TS-RDF5K)
Price: $6.25
73 used & new from $3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH - JUST HANDLE CAREFULLY, December 30, 2014
I broke another brand of card reader of similar design. it worked well enough before I bent it while the Tablet was on my lap. This is a review of the replacement:

This one feels smoother inserting the SD Card than the previous one, and it fits my Microsoft Suffice RT without sticking out quite so far. I think it may be of better quality. It does transfer data and photos very very quickly.

Whatever, I'll be more careful with this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20